• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Suggestion: Glide Air Attack (GAIR)

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
I suggest that the Glide Air Attack that those with glides have should be contracted as Gair. (For example: MK, Pit, Charizard, and may be another character I forgot). The name fits very well in my opinion :). Zair has a name, why not Gair?

I hope you will agree with me.

IM_A_HUSTLA

Smash Journeyman
NO

simply because using -air for a suffix is to show that the move was used in the air, and glide attacks can only be used in the air

the name for it is GLIDE ATTACK, lol

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
actually i am kinda annoyed at typing glide attack out every time.

gair it is.

also, hustla's argument fails because of zair.

this totally makes sense, idk why this wasn't adopted before.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
It's setlled. Gair it is! Thx for support XD.

YOU WILL ALL GIVE ME CREDIT NAO. BOW DOWN TO THEE!!! jk. i dont see why no one used gair either.

thanks for those who will use gair now :) Spread the good news to the ends of the Earth so they shall know and learn!!! (lulz reference)

and zerofox, not a big fan of gair or just contractions in general like ftilt nair upsmash etc.?

and good point IM A HUSTLA, may be it could just be GA for glide attack, but zair is used instead of tether attack or such, and just to follow trend to zair and all the other terms, thats what made me decide that Gair should be used.

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
XD gair FTW *** u ppl who dunt want 2 use dair ur gai i wil get samuraipanda (hes my cousin u ***** noobs) 2 ban u if u use stupid "glide atack" instead of "Gair". srsly though, awsum name XD XD XD

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
Lol at the comments being posted :D

"gair FTW *** u ppl who dunt want 2 use dair"

you mean gair, not dair?

AN WHOH DID U GUYZ HER that?! his cousin is SAMERI PANDAH!!! watche out fo teh lazrzorz!!!ONE1!!O1Ne!1!11111111111111111111ONEONEONEONE

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
Gair is stupid.
People have already been using Gair (have you all been living under a rock?).

I say it should be called PPKA.

Penguin, Panda, Koala-Attack.

Same number of letters as G-air, but it has animals in it!, also pressing P twice is easier than pressing G then A, and K is also next to P all that is needed is a diagonal slide, past O and L.
and well, your left hand is likely already near A if you type on your keyboard with both hands (LIKE A NORMAL PERSON).

PPKA it is.
Sweet.

.......though G-air ...could be taken too.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Gair is stupid.

Same number of letters as G-air, but it has animals in it!, also pressing P twice is easier than pressing G then A, and K is also next to P all that is needed is a diagonal slide, past O and L.
and well, your left hand is likely already near A if you type on your keyboard with both hands (LIKE A NORMAL PERSON).

PPKA it is.
Sweet.

This guy makes sense. PPKA it is.

Gair does not make sense. You aren't pressing the G button in the air. There is no G button, as far as I know.

...Let's call Dash Attack FSWA
Forward Smash Wait A. :D

Fossilized Ursidae

Smash Apprentice
As stated by Im a Hustler, gair would be short for glide air. If typing out "glide attack" is too difficult i suggest using a contraction that actually makes sense, such as Glide-A, G-Attack, G-A, or GA.

I'm in favor of G-A, as it's short and avoids confusion with Georgia. Honestly, I couldn't care less though. I've never even typed glide attack before this post.

Mith_

Smash Champion
whoever posts below me is gair than chok. ^^^^

i dunno im in favor of gair lol ive never had to type out the words "glide attack" before so i guess when i do i can say gair lool.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
Gair is stupid.

PPKA it is.
Sweet.

Lol. PPKA sounds fine to me!!! :D

And not really, @ some of you who said that Gair would stand for Glide air. Not really, because Nair stands for neutral aerial, not neutral air. (and if im wrong, then it should be changed :) ). to me Gair would stand for Glide aerial. or ya GA would be fine... i just feel that calling it Gair would make it sound 'part of the family'. Or we could pronounce Gair as Jair, or may be call it GA but pronounce it Ja so it's like you're saying Jajajajajaja in spanish XD

Ill go with PPKA though :)

Nybb

Smash Journeyman
Ragnarok17 said:
Or we could pronounce Gair as Jair, or may be call it GA but pronounce it Ja so it's like you're saying Jajajajajaja in spanish XD
I vote to pronounce it as "jah-eer"

I think it also needs a circumflex accent, because you know, people might get it confused for some kind of insult. The foreign flair also adds a classy touch

So it is now Gaîr.

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
I vote to pronounce it as "jah-eer"

I think it also needs a circumflex accent, because you know, people might get it confused for some kind of insult. The foreign flair also adds a classy touch

So it is now Gaîr.

Is that the sound you make when you are circumcised?

Top Bottom