• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Suda 51 gives "No Comment" about Travis Touchdown in Smash

No-More-Heroes-1280x720.jpg

Travis Touchdown, protagonist of No More Heroes, No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle, Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes, and the now 2021 release, No More Heroes III, has garnered interest from Smash fans as a playable fighter. Goichi "Suda51" Suda himself has shown interest for Travis in Smash, dating all the way back to 2009 with the the following statement:

" I love him (Travis), and I want him to be a huge star. That's why I'm working very hard to make this game as interesting as possible. Maybe in the future, we can see him fighting alongside Link in the next Smash Bros. [laughs] That would be great. "
In an interview with Switch Player Magazine (Issue #44), when queried about Travis in Smash, Suda said the following,

"That's gonna be a big 'no comment' from me!"
While it's possible that nothing could come from this, or that Travis could possibly be included in another form (Mii Costume, Spirit, etc), it's worth keeping an eye out.

Author's Note: What do you think about the possibility of Travis Touchdown in Smash? Personally, I'm jazzed! Hoping for him in. Let us know in the comments below!

Credits
Author: Thirdkoopa Thirdkoopa
Editor Thirdkoopa Thirdkoopa
Source: Switch Player Magazine

Last edited by a moderator:
Lucas "Thirdkoopa" Guimaraes

Comments

When I think of Travis Touchdown getting into Smash, I think of one character he looks very similar in style to him. That being Dante. I'd much rather have Travis over Dante to be sure. Travis would bring way more shock value IMO. Dante crossing over into another game has been done many many times. I certainly don't hate Dante, but I wouldn't miss him if he doesn't make the cut, whereas Travis I feel would be a bigger missed opportunity.

Last edited:
To be honest, I’m kind of unsure of Travis' chances of getting into Smash, as much as I want him in Smash.

Last edited:
Never played his games but he looks cool. I wouldn't mind him as one of the future DLC characters.

I’ve always been on the fence with Travis but that’s because I never played his games and largely unaware of what they are. The fact he could power up his sword but also loose the charge while attacking it interesting. The manner of charging it up though seems a bit...well...inappropriate for Smash. I imagine the team would work around it.

D
I don't mind honestly, but I'd fear that this kind of character will break the game harder than Bayonetta, and that's saying something from one who had to watch an EVO Japan full of Tekken 7 Leroys. Do you want that to be Smash?

Also taking to consideration but I want more females in the game

Last edited by a moderator:
When I think of Travis Touchdown getting into Smash, I think of one character he looks very similar in style to him. That being Dante. I'd much rather have Travis over Dante to be sure. Travis would bring way more shock value IMO. Dante crossing over into another game has been done many many times. I certainly don't hate Dante, but I wouldn't miss him if he doesn't make the cut, whereas Travis I feel would be a bigger missed opportunity.
what? this is the same logic some people used to say about terry not getting into smash. if you ask the genral playerbase dante vs travis touchdown its not even close. dantes legacy and impact is equal to the other major 3rd parties already in smash. travis is not.

Been hoping for him to get in since Smash 4... just wanted other characters more than him.

Has potential; a swordsman with average speed but good grab range/damage due to his background in wrestling. Perhaps add a gimmick to improve the strength of his sword as well as his speed but as a trade off make his sword work similar to inkling's ink where he needs to recharge to use some of his attacks.

Top Bottom