• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Such Villainy!!! Should More Villains be included in Smash 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noler_Mass

Smash Ace
Honestly if size was a problem Olimar wouldn't be in the game he's like an inch tall or something. I guess the only qualm I have with it is that they already established a size for him in brawl. But it's likely they will just forget about that and include him anyway. Anyway wasn't he like only twice as big as samus in some of the earlier metroids? Don't quote me on that.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
If we're gettin' real-talk about villains, here's my priority list:

1. K. Rool
2. Everybody else.

But let's be serious for a moment:

1. K. Rool
2. Ridley
3. Bowser Jr.
4. Girahim
5. Masked Man (Since Mother is a finished franchise, adding another character from an existing game is a good way to keep it fresh in people's minds. And <3)
6. Black Shadow
7. Leon Powalski

That about does it.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Honestly if size was a problem Olimar wouldn't be in the game he's like an inch tall or something. I guess the only qualm I have with it is that they already established a size for him in brawl. But it's likely they will just forget about that and include him anyway. Anyway wasn't he like only twice as big as samus in some of the earlier metroids? Don't quote me on that.
In the first Metroid Ridley was barely higher than Samus, however, it's been retconned with Zero Mission. As of Super Metroid, his second appearance, he's been as big as he was as a boss in Brawl, or even bigger.

But really, in a Nintendo universe where characters constantly shift sizes it isn't a problem. Here's an article about how often Bowser changes size:

http://www.gamesradar.com/the-ever-changing-sizes-of-mario-and-bowser/

It was written pre-Galaxy 2 though, which I believe is his biggest appearance.

Zink Imp

Smash Ace
Well I guess size isn't a problem...but I still don't like Ridley that much. I'm not sure why. I have played almost every Metroid game and he hasn't left an impression on me at all. To be honest, I rather see Adam from Other M than Ridley.

I want Metal Face from Xenoblade to be a boss.
Interesting idea. I personally would rather see Dickson.

SureNsync

Smash Journeyman
Should more villains be included in Smash 4? ...of course and here's great examples below.

Masked Man - Mother 3

Bowser Jr. Super Mario Sunshine

King K Rool - Donkey Kong

Ghirahim - The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword

When you take time to think about it, Super Smash Bros. Brawl had enough villains but they were boss only characters.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Should more villains be included in Smash 4? ...of course and here's great examples below.

Masked Man - Mother 3

Bowser Jr. Super Mario Sunshine

King K Rool - Donkey Kong

Ghirahim - The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword

When you take time to think about it, Super Smash Bros. Brawl had enough villains but they were boss only characters.
No Ridley.

Am disappoint... :(

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Goroh, K. Rool, Ridley, Mewtwo, Junior, Ghirahim, B Shadow, Masked Man, all could be good villain characters.

Palutena, Mona, Krystal, Dixie, would all make good females,

but, only Medusa and Syrup would make good female villains ;)

D

Deleted member

I remember when I was in the Medusa bandwagon back in late 2011. I supported Medusa because I liked the though of a female villain being in Smash and because of her move set potentials. Since then, my support is pretty much gone, but it was pretty humorous how far the bandwagon fell.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Here is the villains that really need to be added as playable characters IMO

-Ridley, metroid needs a new rep, as well as a villian.
-K. Rool, DK needs a villian. also, I like him.
-Kamek, yoshi REALLY needs a new rep, and kamek is the only real option.

now, here are some that would be cool if added, but the game won't miss them if they aren't in.

-Medusa/Hades, neither have had enough games to determine the TRUE villian of the series. if another KI game is made, if one of the two was the villian, then that one would be more possible.
-Porky, a really liked-to-be-hated villian, but not promident enough in nintendo's all stars to gain a spot. if a mother series remake is indeed being made, he might have shot.

also, someone from fire emblem would be interesting, but I haven't played any games yet, so I wouldn't know what I would be talking about.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Shall I link you over to the Ridley thread so that you could see the light?

http://smashboards.com/threads/the-ridley-for-ssb4-thread-the-most-wanted-nintendo-newcomer.324284/

Read and convert, young one. The space dragon forgives if you change his ways... :troll:

In all seriousness, size is not an issue for Ridley in the slightest. Look through the thread and you can see why it isn't a problem.
I thought Ridley never forgives....
But indeed my son please go on into the Light.

If we're gettin' real-talk about villains, here's my priority list:

1. K. Rool
2. Everybody else.

But let's be serious for a moment:

1. K. Rool
2. Ridley
3. Bowser Jr.
4. Girahim
5. Masked Man (Since Mother is a finished franchise, adding another character from an existing game is a good way to keep it fresh in people's minds. And <3)
6. Black Shadow
7. Leon Powalski

That about does it.
K.Rool ahead of Ridley for importance? Really?

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
-Realistic-
K.Rool
Ridley
Mewtwo (was a evil guy still not to be ****ed with)

*Wishlist*
Kamek
Dry Bowser
Petey Piranna
Cranky Kong (yes he is a villian xD)
Dark Samus
Skulk Kid

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well if we take Waluigi and BJ as impossible now thanks to Rosy, the bad guys we got to pool from are

Vets
Wario
Ganondorf
Mewtwo
Wolf
Meta Knight
King Dedede

Newcomers

King K. Rool
Some Skyward Sword Villain
Ridley
Meowth/Zoroark
Medusa/Hades
Samurai Goroh/Black Shadow
Maybe Bandana Dee?

Now we know that Sakurai is looking for characters that are either unique (MegaMan/ Rosalina&Luma) or interesting in their execution (Villager/WiiFit Trainer). Which of the ones listed above could fit such categories.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I mean why not? We have some good choices. K. Rool, Mewtwo (arguably), Ridley, Black Shadow, Samurai Goroh, Medusa, Captain Syrup, ect.

moneyfrenzy

Smash Ace
King dedede is not a villian. Kirby is more of a villian than him.
In nightmare to dreamland king dedede steals the star rod to help keep an evil nightmare at bay, while kirby goes on a massive killing spree to take it back.

Upon taking the star rod from dedede, a giant cloud of evil tries to kill them both.
Dedede is not a villian at all.

Meta knight is not a villian either, and wario is more of a jerk than a villian

Honestly this is what the villian roster should look like:
-Bowser
-Ganondorf
-Mewtwo
-Wolf
-Ridley
-King K. Rool
-Dark Samus (it could easily be made different)
- A new zelda villian, whether it be Vaati or someone else
- Black shadow or Samurai goroh

That is 9 villians, and if you count King dedede and meta knight, which I dont, than that is 11, which is enough

StupendousMike

Smash Ace
In nightmare to dreamland king dedede steals the star rod to help keep an evil nightmare at bay, while kirby goes on a massive killing spree to take it back.

Upon taking the star rod from dedede, a giant cloud of evil tries to kill them both.
Kirby's not TRYING to unleash of a cloud of evil. Nightmare in Dream Land is a remake of Kirby's Adventure, which was only the second Kirby game. In their previous encounter, Dedede stole all the food in Dream Land, so it was a fair assumption on Kirby's part that as soon as **** started going down, it was Dedede's doing again. It's a plot twist in the game's final minutes that Dedede was in the right.

moneyfrenzy

Smash Ace
Kirby's not TRYING to unleash of a cloud of evil. Nightmare in Dream Land is a remake of Kirby's Adventure, which was only the second Kirby game. In their previous encounter, Dedede stole all the food in Dream Land, so it was a fair assumption on Kirby's part that as soon as **** started going down, it was Dedede's doing again. It's a plot twist in the game's final minutes that Dedede was in the right.
True true. Well over the years, dedede has become a good guy despite him being greedy.

And look at kirby's epic yarn, the waddle dee's in that game can't even deal damage to you, they just push you backwards a tiny bit. But kirby demolishes them

Hades the Magnificent

Smash Cadet
Goddesses everywhere will be crying if Sakurai doesn't put me in his game.

Fortunately, Sakurai is afraid that I'll torture his soul for all eternity after he dies if he doesn't put me in, so I'm a shoo-in!

StupendousMike

Smash Ace
True true. Well over the years, dedede has become a good guy despite him being greedy.

And look at kirby's epic yarn, the waddle dee's in that game can't even deal damage to you, they just push you backwards a tiny bit. But kirby demolishes them

Yeah, but the Waddle Dees in that game are creations of Yin Yarn, not the sentient inhabitants of Dream Land. So it's okay!

In the end, Dedede is more of a rival to Kirby than a true archnemesis. Has Dedede been the end-all final boss mastermind in any Kirby game since the original? In that way, Kirby doesn't really have his own Bowser-Ganondorf-Ridley. There's a new "big bad" in almost every Kirby game.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
When it comes down to big name Nintendo villains, we have Mewtwo, K. Rool, and Ridley. Ironically, they're also the top three most wanted newcomers after Mega Man, who's already confirmed. But after those three, I honestly can't think about any villains who really deserve a spot in Smash. The majority of villains are usually minor characters within their games.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Ridley and Kamek are definitely good suggestions...with Mega Man, Dr. Wily has a possibility of getting in. Donkey Kong has also been popular in recent yeard, and K. Rool is iconic and unique enough to be granted a spot.

They could always do some kind of more villianous Pokemon like Gengar, but more well-known. It's slightly possible someone like King Boo or even Petey Pirhana could make it in, but I'd be okay with them staying absent

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm getting a bit tired of debate of who counts as a villain. Maybe we should rename this thread to Antagonists. Meta Knight and Dedede may not be total evil but they certainly antagonize Kirby.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
K. Rool, Vaati, and Ridley is all I need and care for. Mewtwo too if he really counts as a newcomer.

Kon

Smash Journeyman
Generally spoken, I think every series getting a 2nd character in the roster should have to choose a villain for the 2nd spot. The 3rd, 4th and maybe 5th can be used for other characters of the series who aren't villains. However the main villain should really be in the game if there is one. I mean fans want to play matches like Mario vs Bowser, Donkey Kong vs King K.Rool, Samus vs Ridley and so on. This may just be my opinion but I really think a villain for series with more than one representant is definitely good if possible. Of course series like Animal Crossing or Wii Fit won't be able to find a villain to put in, but series like Donkey Kong, Metroid and so on have representative villains and they should be in the roster!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Oh man, I'm the only one that wants Dark Samus over Ridley?

Yeah. But I really want both of them honestly. They seem like really fun characters.

I'm getting a bit tired of debate of who counts as a villain. Maybe we should rename this thread to Antagonists. Meta Knight and Dedede may not be total evil but they certainly antagonize Kirby.
I guess. Honestly, I would still count Dedede as villain. Meta-Knights been a bit more of a anti-hero in a couple games.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I feel like villains in a crossover of this nature are a good thing to have within a level of reason. I mean, you have Bowser and Ganondorf, and not only can you see epic confrontations between heroes and their chosen nemesis, but you can see heroes against different villains, villains against other villains, what have you. And most of the time, villains aren't legitimately playable outside of this kind of game. I mean sure spinoffs, and Bowser in RPG games. But Ganondorf or Ridley?

I generally feel like the best option for handling villains is to include villains from the original 8 series. Mario has Bowser and Wario, Link has Ganondorf, DK can have K. Rool, Samus can have Ridley, Kirby has Dedede and Meta Knight, Fox has Wolf, Pikachu has Mewtwo. And with Kid Icarus seeming to be put out there alongside those original 8 franchises in Smash 4's trailer, I think Medusa would also make a very good villain to add.

Taking up only three character slots for requested and unique classic 80's antagonists sounds like a good plan to me. :p

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Meta knight is not a villian either, and wario is more of a jerk than a villian

Honestly this is what the villian roster should look like:
-Bowser
-Ganondorf
-Mewtwo
-Wolf
-Ridley
-King K. Rool
-Dark Samus (it could easily be made different)
- A new zelda villian, whether it be Vaati or someone else
- Black shadow or Samurai goroh

That is 9 villians, and if you count King dedede and meta knight, which I dont, than that is 11, which is enough
Why does Zelda need another villain when it already has Ganon, the lord of darkness?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom