• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Such Villainy!!! Should More Villains be included in Smash 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
SHOULD smash get new villains? Yes.

Smash should include important, prominent, and fan favorite characters. We have many villains that falll under the labels prominent, and important, and some that land under fan favorite soley, but we also have about three or four that are all three of these qualities. I see no reason why they shouldn't be included. The only other quality a character inclusion should be based on IMO is playstyle, but most characters can have an interesting playstyle. Ridley REALLY encompasses all four of these qualities. I would say others like King K Rool, Mewtwo Captain Syrup, and Porky, encompass MOST of the qualities, and then characters like Medusa, Ghirahim, Skull Kid encompass a few of these traits.

Will there be? I don't think so.. at least right from the get go. Perhaps through DLC.

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
SHOULD smash get new villains? Yes.

Smash should include important, prominent, and fan favorite characters. We have many villains that falll under the labels prominent, and important, and some that land under fan favorite soley, but we also have about three or four that are all three of these qualities. I see no reason why they shouldn't be included. The only other quality a character inclusion should be based on IMO is playstyle, but most characters can have an interesting playstyle. Ridley REALLY encompasses all four of these qualities. I would say others like King K Rool, Mewtwo Captain Syrup, and Porky, encompass MOST of the qualities, and then characters like Medusa, Ghirahim, Skull Kid encompass a few of these traits.

Will there be? I don't think so.. at least right from the get go. Perhaps through DLC.
When it comes to quality villains, Zelda has an embarrassment of riches and they're all indisputably on the other side of the equation. Problem is, we're at what, 5 reps now? It's a shame you can only have so many before sucking the life out of other needier factions. DK is way overdue for a villain and it's one of Nintendo's longest tenured money-printing brands. I don't count Mewtwo as an evil Pokemon, because his moral alignment fluctuates and he was neutral in the original games; sitting in the unknown dungeon isn't exactly the same thing as going on a killing spree in Pallet Town. Without digging into already well represented franchises, that leaves us a small number of first party candidates who are still immensely popular and relatively safe from being appointed as stage bosses.

The drawback with adventure modes of the types we're seeing in Smash is that they immediately endanger excellent characters who would have otherwise been playable without them. Porky and Ridley would have been tremendous for Brawl.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
The drawback with adventure modes of the types we're seeing in Smash is that they immediately endanger excellent characters who would have otherwise been playable without them. Porky and Ridley would have been tremendous for Brawl.
Exactly. The par for the course seems to be, "Oh, let's dump all the iconic antagonists in one mode, that'll be good enough! Now then, let's see how many obscure oddball choices I can throw into the roster."

Now let me clarify, I have no problem with random, weird, completely out of left field characters like Wii Fit Trainer or R.O.B.; they add that element of whimsical silliness that reminds us this is a Nintendo game and not some gritty no-rainbows-allowed fighter.

However, there is the darker, more sinister type of Nintendo that's kinda been pushed to the side. Yeah there's some villains in the game, but with only two or three exceptions all of them are laughable punching bags that pose no real threat, and that's not how a beloved villain is supposed to be. Yes, fun lighthearted characters are nice, but we need more bad-to-the-bone antagonists in the roster so they can properly show the masses what they're made of. Like @BKupa666 said, you've been playing as the good guys all this time, but now's a real chance to turn the tables on the heroes by your own hand.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Exactly. The par for the course seems to be, "Oh, let's dump all the iconic antagonists in one mode, that'll be good enough! Now then, let's see how many obscure oddball choices I can throw into the roster."

Now let me clarify, I have no problem with random, weird, completely out of left field characters like Wii Fit Trainer or R.O.B.; they add that element of whimsical silliness that reminds us this is a Nintendo game and not some gritty no-rainbows-allowed fighter.

However, there is the darker, more sinister type of Nintendo that's kinda been pushed to the side. Yeah there's some villains in the game, but with only two or three exceptions all of them are laughable punching bags that pose no real threat, and that's not how a beloved villain is supposed to be. Yes, fun lighthearted characters are nice, but we need more bad-to-the-bone antagonists in the roster so they can properly show the masses what they're made of. Like @BKupa666 said, you've been playing as the good guys all this time, but now's a real chance to turn the tables on the heroes by your own hand.
Ridley is the true example of a bad-to-the-bone villain. K. Rool probably counts too, he's never canonically worked with Donkey Kong and hell, his name is "K. Rool"! He's also insane and somewhat of a comic relief villain at times, but he's never once canonically worked with the Kongs in any game (the only time being in Super Sluggers, and even then he makes it clear he's only doing it begrudgingly).

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Mother Brain, Hades, Gygas, Demise, Nightmare and Andross, should be the group that puts on jeopardy the Smash Universe and in the story mode you should vanquish this villains. Ridley, Wolf, Medusa should be the subordinates from the characters above with a mind controlled Dedede, after you take down for example Ridley the next boss should be Mother Brain after defeating her then another fight with Ridley if you defeat him you unlock him the same with Wolf, Medusa and King Dedede. King K. Rool, Bowser and Ganondorf will take revenge on those villains because they were betrayed or something (or maybe because they weren't invited to the Evil Party).

But instead we have Andross and Mother Brain as an Assist Trophies instead of being true bosses. -_-

.n_n.

bilbo43

Smash Cadet
The only series besides DK and Metroid I can see where villainous characters serve the true villainous role and will be prominent enough in nintendo's recent realeases is Kid Icurus.

Only Zelda and Mario have their true antagonists represented in the Smash Brothers Series as playable characters so far. We have to keep in mind that the majority of antagonists in the nintendo series are either difficult to create as a playable character because of their size or their general makeup of design and abilities or they are more like rivals than a true antagonist to the series main characters.

You cant justify any pokemon antagonists unless its a human boss, and even then you would only be battling their pokemon compared to the true human antagonist. King Dedede and Meta Knight are arguable what their true roles are in the Kirby games. There's times where they are friendly and others where they want to rival kirby more so than defeat him. Wolf is a rival to Fox.

K.Rool would be the next likely antagonist announced but I get the feeling that he may be cast aside once more. Ridley may suffer the same fate as K.Rool, but even though ridley is prominant in most metroid games, he doesn't serve as the ultimate villain in the game, just a major boss, not to mention that I still believe his physics may be too hard to adjust into a playable character.

Fire Emblem's antagonists seem to change each game, and even so, dont necessarily serve a memorable part of the game as something like Ganon or Bowser does in their respective games. Mother/Earthbound is nowhere in the Nintendo limelight anymore to warrant the inclusion of an antagonist, as is F-Zero. 3rd party villains we should say goodbye to their chances to become playable, at least for these games.

Im not saying that they necessarily deserve an extra rep, or it is guaranteed that they will get another character playable, only that I believe that kid icurus are probably the most likely series to gain an antagonist in this game besides the DK and metroid series. Not to mention Sakurai will try to look after his creations or projects.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
The only series besides DK and Metroid I can see where villainous characters serve the true villainous role and will be prominent enough in nintendo's recent realeases is Kid Icurus.

Only Zelda and Mario have their true antagonists represented in the Smash Brothers Series as playable characters so far. We have to keep in mind that the majority of antagonists in the nintendo series are either difficult to create as a playable character because of their size or their general makeup of design and abilities or they are more like rivals than a true antagonist to the series main characters.

You cant justify any pokemon antagonists unless its a human boss, and even then you would only be battling their pokemon compared to the true human antagonist. King Dedede and Meta Knight are arguable what their true roles are in the Kirby games. There's times where they are friendly and others where they want to rival kirby more so than defeat him. Wolf is a rival to Fox.

K.Rool would be the next likely antagonist announced but I get the feeling that he may be cast aside once more. Ridley may suffer the same fate as K.Rool, but even though ridley is prominant in most metroid games, he doesn't serve as the ultimate villain in the game, just a major boss, not to mention that I still believe his physics may be too hard to adjust into a playable character.

Fire Emblem's antagonists seem to change each game, and even so, dont necessarily serve a memorable part of the game as something like Ganon or Bowser does in their respective games. Mother/Earthbound is nowhere in the Nintendo limelight anymore to warrant the inclusion of an antagonist, as is F-Zero. 3rd party villains we should say goodbye to their chances to become playable, at least for these games.

Im not saying that they necessarily deserve an extra rep, or it is guaranteed that they will get another character playable, only that I believe that kid icurus are probably the most likely series to gain an antagonist in this game besides the DK and metroid series. Not to mention Sakurai will try to look after his creations or projects.
There's a few memorable Fire Emblem antagonists. Zephiel and Arvis are probably the most memorable. That said, all FE antagonists are one-offs except the Black Knight, Gharnef, and Medeus really. And we already have playable reps from those FE series'.

Although I'm really believing less and less that K. Rool and Ridley are getting the shaft. Every bit of new info we get seems to only hint at their playability even more to me. And K. Rool and Ridley are basically the TOP choices for new playable villains at this point in time, which also makes sense as to why they have such massive support threads. :p

Halfhead

Smash Journeyman
So far, we have had:

Bowser
Ganondorf
Wolf
King Dedede
Meta Knight
Mewtwo (yes, it counts)

Man, that's lower than I thought. If Sal Romaro is true and complete, we won't have any villainous newcomers either.

Well, there are some obvious choices if Gematsu is wrong:

Ridley
King K. Rool
Bowser Jr.

If it were up to me, I would also choose:

Vaati
Pokey
Captain Syrup

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
There's a few memorable Fire Emblem antagonists. Zephiel and Arvis are probably the most memorable. That said, all FE antagonists are one-offs except the Black Knight, Gharnef, and Medeus really. And we already have playable reps from those FE series'.

Although I'm really believing less and less that K. Rool and Ridley are getting the shaft. Every bit of new info we get seems to only hint at their playability even more to me. And K. Rool and Ridley are basically the TOP choices for new playable villains at this point in time, which also makes sense as to why they have such massive support threads. :p
Wow. Someone besides me wants The Black Knight. Why did I not discover this sooner?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Wow. Someone besides me wants The Black Knight. Why did I not discover this sooner?
I never said I wanted the Black Knight. In fact, I never wanted nor thought he'd make it. I always wanted a Mage character. If we had any chance of getting a villain rep, and a non-Awakening rep, I'd have actually preferred Arvis.

ChosenZelos

Smash Apprentice
Hopefully K. Rool makes it!

I'm indifferent towards Metroid and Ridley, but I do hope he gets in for all of his fans.

I think it'd really be amazing if both K. Rool and Ridley make it in. LET'S ALL WORK TOGETHER!

Pokemon-master

Smash Apprentice
NNID
fadi
3DS FC
0791-2291-3156
i say some villains we need are

king k rool (donkey Kong)
ridley (metroid)
Medusa (kit Icarus)
king hippo (punch out)
bass and treble (mega man)
meowth (Pokemon) if we already don't have enough Pokemon
black shadow (F-Zero)
some villain for earthbound (i never played those games:()

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
some villain for earthbound (i never played those games:()
Some villains include Giygas (probably the Mother 1 version, since the Earthbound version is a giant swirling cloud-thing), Pokey, and the Masked Man.

This is the Earthbound Giygas, for reference:

Last edited:

Pokemon-master

Smash Apprentice
NNID
fadi
3DS FC
0791-2291-3156
Some villains include Giygas (probably the Mother 1 version, since the Earthbound version is a giant swirling cloud-thing), Pokey, and the Masked Man.

well masked man looks cool what kind of powers does he have or is he just a sword fighter

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I just want to throw this out here: Hades > Medusa, we need the king of comedy on Smash, my perfect villain lineup would be comprised of Ridley, K.Rool and Hades.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
well masked man looks cool what kind of powers does he have or is he just a sword fighter
I haven't played much of the game myself (I find I'm more likely to complete a game if it's on a console), but by my understanding, he also has an arm cannon, a jetpack, and the ability to shoot lightning.

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
Do we need more? Hell yes! We've got 2 villains so far, and five max if all villains return. What the hell?! Nintendo has tons of great villains that should be in, and in tired of them getting shafted each iteration...

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
I pretty much support the inclusion of most villains as we REALLY need more villain characters. My main hopes are for Ridley and King K. Rool, but I wouldn't mind other villain characters.

Souldin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Souldin
3DS FC
4854-6557-6769
What are your thoughts on more villain representation - My thoughts on villain representation in the SSB series is that their should be more playable villains. They are an important part of many of the Nintendo series, important to the respective heroes of those series, and can also be equally or almost as iconic as said heroes.

Which villains could/should make the roster - With this SSB, I'm now only expecting one villain addition. I do expect to see all of the remaining villains from Brawl return (Ganondorf, Wario, Meta Knight, and Wolf) which will give us 6 villains in Super Smash Bros for Wii U and 3DS, but as far as villain newcomers go, I think we will only be seeing one. We'd be quite lucky (and I'd be quite thankful) if we get another one.

As far as villains that should/could be playable, as far as this SSB goes I feel their are only 4 candidates left in terms of newcomers; Ridley, King K. Rool, Black Shadow, and Bandana Dee (he works for King Dedede and thus counts as a villain... the Kirby series has such a weird relationship with it's villains).

Ridley I currently see as the most likely given the hints, and while those hints also suggest he could be a boss, I don't see why Sakurai would be so secretive about revealing an underwhelming thing such as Ridley as a mere stage boss. Alongside Ridley, King K. Rool is one of the most iconic Nintendo villains ever (in my opinion, equal to that of Bowser, Ganondorf, King Dedede, and Wario) and deserving of inclusion. He faces slightly tougher obstacles than Ridley, namely in their being other well deserving representatives from his series such as Dixie Kong, but he's one I do think should be playable in the SSB series. F-Zero is a 10 game series, certainly deserving of another rep, and Black Shadow is a popular request from that series (apparently a particularly popular one in Japan). F-Zero GX demonstrates ways he could have a unique move-set, or he could simply take on having Brawl Ganondorf's move-set whilst Ganondorf goes on to having his own unique move-set (something I would not mind considering Brawl Ganondorf is one of my most used characters of all). Finally, Bandana Dee is a popular request and Kirby is one of Nintendo's biggest series.

Do you think it is possible for a 3rd party character villain to represent a series - No, I do not. I could see 3rd party villains from already represented series appearing as stage bosses much like Yellow Devil, but not as playable characters not whole 3rd party series being represented by the villain of that series.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord

Man, it'd be awesome if we got Porky in his spider robot. It'd be a rather unique character considering he wouldn't be humanoid.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Ridley, Bowser Jr./Koopalings, Duck Hunt Dog, and Villager. Sounds good to me.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
We just need K. Rool, Ridley, and Mewtwo back along with a revamped Ganondorf and Smash Bros. would be set as far as antagonists go.

I don't think we need villains from any franchise outside the Original 8 (Mario & Yoshi, DK, Star Fox, Kirby, Pokémon, Zelda, and Metroid) and Wario. Maybe Medusa or Hades in Smash 5 if Kid Icarus becomes a staple franchise and either of the two continue to have a presence.

Last edited:

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
We just need K. Rool, Ridley, and Mewtwo back along with a revamped Ganondorf and Smash Bros. would be set as far as antagonists go.

I don't think we need villains from any franchise outside the Original 8 (Mario & Yoshi, DK, Star Fox, Kirby, Pokémon, Zelda, and Metroid) and Wario. Maybe Medusa or Hades in Smash 5 if Kid Icarus it becomes a staple franchise and either of the two continue to have a presence.
Id say k rool, Ridley, ghirahim, and a new ganondorf. Mewtwo isn't necessarily a villain to me, but throw him in too. That's 5 new villains; a perfect number.

Last edited:

Souldin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Souldin
3DS FC
4854-6557-6769

I don't think we need villains from any franchise outside the Original 8 (Mario & Yoshi, DK, Star Fox, Kirby, Pokémon, Zelda, and Metroid) and Wario. Maybe Medusa or Hades in Smash 5 if Kid Icarus it becomes a staple franchise and either of the two continue to have a presence.
Ridley and King K. Rool are definitely villains that should gain a playable role. Mewtwo is hard to say, I'd be all for it if we didn't have so many Pokémon reps and 1st Gen Pokémon reps as it is (would've much preferred Mewtwo returning over a without Pokémon Trainer Charizard).

For other villains, I'd recommend Black Shadow, either with his own move-set or taking on Ganondorf's old move-set if he gets revamped, just so people who use Brawl Ganondorf don't miss out (such as myself). F-Zero is something like an 8-10 game series, and has been a part of SSB since the first game so I think Black Shadow would be a fitting inclusion (he is also a popular character suggestion in Japan).

I'd also suggest Medusa, perhaps more so if Kid Icarus was a bigger franchise, but she would add a rare female villain to the series and has plenty of potential for a unique move-set.

After that I'd say all the more worthy villain candidates have been well covered and that further additions would simply be icing on the cake and also depend on how you'd interpret a character as a villain (for instance, as Bandana Dee works for King Dedede he is technically a villain).

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
I think there should definitely be more villains, in some ways they can be more iconic then the heroes.

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
For other villains, I'd recommend Black Shadow, either with his own move-set or taking on Ganondorf's old move-set if he gets revamped, just so people who use Brawl Ganondorf don't miss out (such as myself). F-Zero is something like an 8-10 game series, and has been a part of SSB since the first game so I think Black Shadow would be a fitting inclusion (he is also a popular character suggestion in Japan).

I'd also suggest Medusa, perhaps more so if Kid Icarus was a bigger franchise, but she would add a rare female villain to the series and has plenty of potential for a unique move-set.
What Would there be to Miss out on For Ganondorf? I can make him into a better character without even changing that much of his moveset:

Change the B and Down B: For his B, let it be Dead Man's Volley from OoT. For his Down B, Give him the shockwave move from OoT. Nothing else needs to change for his specials.

for every other attack, put a sword in his hand! It represents him better, and it's something that could only Conceivably improve him! his moves will be the same, he'll just have better range. we wouldn't need Black Shadow to take over two moves; especially when Captain Falcon already preforms those moves[/quote][/quote]

Last edited:

Souldin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Souldin
3DS FC
4854-6557-6769
What Would there be to Miss out on For Ganondorf? I can make him into a better character without even changing that much of his moveset:

Change the B and Down B: For his B, let it be Dead Man's Volley from OoT. For his Down B, Give him the shockwave move from OoT. Nothing else needs to change for his specials.

for every other attack, put a sword in his hand! It represents him better, and it's something that could only Conceivably improve him! his moves will be the same, he'll just have better range. we wouldn't need Black Shadow to take over two moves; especially when Captain Falcon already preforms those moves
[/quote][/quote]

Putting a sword in his hand would already change a lot of his A moves. With a sword at his disposal I can't see him using his Volcano Kick, his glorious neutral air, D Air, Forward Air, and his hilarious neutral A. Also, just a single sword is in my eyes, the least interesting weapon possibility for Ganondorf; would much rather see him wield his trident or dual wield swords.

Of course though, I would like to see Black Shadow utilise a mostly unique move-set, but certainly would not mind seeing him take on the A move-set of Brawl Ganondorf whilst Brawl Ganondorf goes onto wield a weapon, which would most certainly change how his A moves work and might require changes to his overall stats to better suit his weapon wielding and usage.

Last edited:

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
I'd love some new villains... Bowser Jr., King K. Rool and Black Shadow would be my first choices, but there are other good ones that could make it in.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
Id say k rool, Ridley, ghirahim, and a new ganondorf. Mewtwo isn't necessarily a villain to me, but throw him in too. That's 5 new villains; a perfect number.
I consider Mewtwo a "villain" mostly because while he isn't necessarily out to take over the world or to make you life miserable, he's still a ruthless badass who will rip you apart without a second thought and couldn't give a flying **** about what we consider good and evil. Yeah, Mewtwo isn't really antagonistic in canon usually just minding his own business, but imo he has the same appeal as more proper villains like Bowser, Ganondorf, and Ridley have as far as Smash Bros is concerned.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
SSB4 certainly needs more villains. Not to just HAVE villains, but to represent a very important part of the franchise, so, only important to the franchise villains should get in AND NOT 3RD PARTY VILLAINS OR JUST ANYTHING THAT ISN`T MAIN CHARACTER because then it would not be just a "guest" and will be kinda insulting to franchises like F-Zero that has not much representation. No villain = no hero because hero saves the day by defeating the villain.
The most popular (i guess...) newcomers left now are Ridley and K.Rool (and maybe that Ghirahim guy) and they are villains. Mewtwo is NOT the most popular NEWCOMER. He is THE most popular VETERAN character that has been cut in Brawl. So, i don`t count him as a newcomer. He still must return because he is a very popular request despite being a bad character in Melee (didn`t really felt like that when i was playing as him, same with Ganondorf, but oh well, TOUHNAMENTZ and TIER LIST, what you gonna do...). Anyway, i think we don`t really need villains from franchises like WarioWare, Kid Icarus, etc for SSB4 (maybe for SSB5), at least not before villains from franchises like Metroid, DK, Pokemon, Legend of Zelda, etc.

I hate idea of giving Ganondorf a sword and removing most, if not all of his physical attacks. And idea of turning Black Shadow into Black Shadowdork by giving him Ganondork (Brawl Ganondorf)`s garbage moveset. Melee Ganondorf moveset would be better if it would be changed a bit to fit Black Shadow (i don`t know that guy).

Souldin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Souldin
3DS FC
4854-6557-6769
SSB4 certainly needs more villains. Not to just HAVE villains, but to represent a very important part of the franchise, so, only important to the franchise villains should get in AND NOT 3RD PARTY VILLAINS OR JUST ANYTHING THAT ISN`T MAIN CHARACTER because then it would not be just a "guest" and will be kinda insulting to franchises like F-Zero that has not much representation. No villain = no hero because hero saves the day by defeating the villain.
The most popular (i guess...) newcomers left now are Ridley and K.Rool (and maybe that Ghirahim guy) and they are villains. Mewtwo is NOT the most popular NEWCOMER. He is THE most popular VETERAN character that has been cut in Brawl. So, i don`t count him as a newcomer. He still must return because he is a very popular request despite being a bad character in Melee (didn`t really felt like that when i was playing as him, same with Ganondorf, but oh well, TOUHNAMENTZ and TIER LIST, what you gonna do...). Anyway, i think we don`t really need villains from franchises like WarioWare, Kid Icarus, etc for SSB4 (maybe for SSB5), at least not before villains from franchises like Metroid, DK, Pokemon, Legend of Zelda, etc.

I hate idea of giving Ganondorf a sword and removing most, if not all of his physical attacks. And idea of turning Black Shadow into Black Shadowdork by giving him Ganondork (Brawl Ganondorf)`s garbage moveset. Melee Ganondorf moveset would be better if it would be changed a bit to fit Black Shadow (i don`t know that guy).
Whilst the villain roster should be allowed to expand beyond the most important of it's villain characters, I do agree that in terms of which villains are a priority in addition should be Ridley and King K. Rool. Along with Bowser, Ganondorf, Wario, and King Dedede, those two are most certainly Nintendo's most iconic villains of all and deserve to gain a playable role.

As for Ghirahim, I don't think he'd be worth considering for a playable spot, both over villains for other series such as Black Shadow and Medusa, and for villains within his own series. If the Legend of Zelda gets another villainous playable rep, it should be the more recurring antagonist; Vaati.

You're one of the first people who dislike the idea of giving Ganondorf a move-set more appropriate and true to the character by wielding a weapon I've encountered. As for turning Black Shadow into Melee Ganondorf... what would be the point, Melee Ganondorf was a clone character. In the case of Brawl Ganondorf he is at least a semi-clone, and the suggestion comes about due to three factors; Sakurai disliking the removal of move-set/characters/playstyles, fans wanting to see Ganondorf fight more like his game incarnations, and Brawl Ganondorf being Sakurai's favourite character (making it even more likely that he'd want to keep the gameplay style within the game in some form).

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
You're one of the first people who dislike the idea of giving Ganondorf a move-set more appropriate and true to the character by wielding a weapon I've encountered. As for turning Black Shadow into Melee Ganondorf... what would be the point, Melee Ganondorf was a clone character. In the case of Brawl Ganondorf he is at least a semi-clone, and the suggestion comes about due to three factors; Sakurai disliking the removal of move-set/characters/playstyles, fans wanting to see Ganondorf fight more like his game incarnations, and Brawl Ganondorf being Sakurai's favourite character (making it even more likely that he'd want to keep the gameplay style within the game in some form).
I dislike idea of removing all of his physical attacks, not adding sword or something like that. I like that Sword PSA hack for Project M and use it more than actual moveset (it can be switched with a taunt), but i still like something in how he fights without it. With his bare hands. Magic attacks wouldn`t hurt either, but removing everything he had would be kinda...i don`t know how to call it...not disappointing, but...duh...it will be kinda like giving Captain Falcon a moveset that fits his games more, but not as bad. If there will be some physical attacks (that don`t use sword) left, then it would be great.
Well, then that would be ok, but it would require a lot of buffing (like Bowser and you saw the results of it) since that moveset would most likely make someone a garbage or at least low tier character again, something that fans won`t like. Maybe give him faster attacks because his attacks were too slow to hit someone before getting hit first. At least his aerial down A was good and up smash was good for Star and Screen KOs...

Last edited:

Souldin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Souldin
3DS FC
4854-6557-6769
I dislike idea of removing all of his physical attacks, not adding sword or something like that. I like that Sword PSA hack for Project M and use it more than actual moveset (it can be switched with a taunt), but i still like something in how he fights without it. With his bare hands. Magic attacks wouldn`t hurt either, but removing everything he had would be kinda...i don`t know how to call it...not disappointing, but...duh...it will be kinda like giving Captain Falcon a moveset that fits his games more, but not as bad. If there will be some physical attacks (that don`t use sword) left, then it would be great.
Well, then that would be ok, but it would require a lot of buffing (like Bowser and you saw the results of it) since that moveset would most likely make someone a garbage or at least low tier character again, something that fans won`t like. Maybe give him faster attacks because his attacks were too slow to hit someone before getting hit first. At least his aerial down A was good and up smash was good for Star and Screen KOs...
I imagine that Black Shadow would actually be quite a fast character despite his weight and power; or at least capable of being fast. When it comes to stats, both in thinking of how he could have an original move-set (basically based off his cutscene from GX alone with dark magic bindings, speed sensitive bombs, summoning Blood Falcon, and being able to levitate foes) and him taking on Brawl Ganondorf's move-set, I've always seen his stats differing in that they'd be based off his vehicle. His vehicle, the Black Bull, being very fast but having poor boost.

This I'd interpret in one of two ways; giving him fast movement speed but poor jump and/or attack speed, or through having him with a unique mechanic wherein the longer he goes without being hit, the faster he becomes over time. I'm naturally not saying that Black Shadow would be a complete transition of Brawl Ganondorf if he were to take on his move-set, I do see the flaws within that character being ironed out and improved upon.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Should more villains be added to Smash 4? Absolutely yes. King K. Rool and Ridley are two examples of iconic villains two major franchises in Smash who deserve to be in without a doubt. Ganondorf with a revamped moveset would be pretty awesome. Black Shadow is another villain that could get a shot in Smash 4.

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
I want;

Skull Kid
K Rool
Ridley
Dark Samus
Starman
Porky
Black Shadow
Medusa

I agree not all of them are deserving but I just feel like they could have such amazing movesets. And it may not necessarily be villains people want, even characters like Meta Knight and Wolf that are morally grey add flavor to the roster.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I kind of think the majority of the 'big series' should have at least one villain:

Mario: Bowser
Pokemon: ...arguably Mewtwo I guess?
Zelda: Ganondorf/Ganon
DK: K. Rool
Kirby: Dedede
Metroid: Ridley

Those are probably the most iconic villains from the whole of Nintendo right there. We're only two reptilians off getting the full set(presuming Mewtwo...err..Returns).

Add to that the morally ambiguous Wario and Wolf and we're doing okay for genuinely beloved 'villains'.

I do somewhat want Porky, but three Mother characters feels like overkill.

Likewise I'm a fan of Samurai Goroh but he's already deconfirmed and arguably only in Wario and Wolf's area of evilness.

WishOn

Smash Cadet
NNID
WishOn
3DS FC
4828-5426-2919
I mean, the Villager is pretty much a villain. Just look at those eyes...

Exegguter

Smash Lord
Black Shadow
Ridley
K. Rool
Pokey

I don't count mewtwo as a villian. Meowth/Weezing/Arbok are villians in Pokemon to me.

I wouldn't mind Zant/Petey Piranha/King Boo/Sylux/Birdo/Bowser Jr. either but those are all no-goes :(

Doompatron3000

Smash Journeyman
Black Shadow
Ridley
K. Rool
Pokey

I don't count mewtwo as a villian. Meowth/Weezing/Arbok are villians in Pokemon to me.

I wouldn't mind Zant/Petey Piranha/King Boo/Sylux/Birdo/Bowser Jr. either but those are all no-goes :(
Technically since you battle against other Pokemon, all the Pokemon characters could technically be considered anti heroes, depending on whether they're on your team, or the team of the trainer you're battling. Only reason why Mewtwo is seen as a villain is because of the movies, where he starred as an evil p\Pokemon who hated humans, and wanted to replace every Pokemon with a clone, just like him. Meowth/Weezing/Arbok also fall into the same category as they are villains of the anime. So either way all four of those characters are villians of Pokemon.

Sylux and Bowser Jr. are no-goes? Says who?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom