• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Such Villainy!!! Should More Villains be included in Smash 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

He's no anti-hero, that's for sure. He hasn't done anything redeeming like Wario has (even if it's usually for treasure).

But he's not a real villain either.
If anything, he's what TVTropes calls a Jerkass.

EDIT: THOUGH, given that Wario was brought as a villain in Smash's story, Waluigi would likely follow suit.

jigglover

Smash Lord
THOUGH, given that Wario was brought as a villain in Smash's story, Waluigi would likely follow suit.
Yeah, I've never understood why he was a villain in smash's story, they already had a mario villain anyway. I guess they were stuck for villains. Wolf is a more villain-like rival though, is he not?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Yeah, I've never understood why he was a villain in smash's story, they already had a mario villain anyway. I guess they were stuck for villains. Wolf is a more villain-like rival though, is he not?
Because Wario originally started out as a villain? Go play Super Mario Land 2. You can download it from the eShop.

:phone:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Wario only did villainous actions for his own amusement though, so it's not like he was being forced to be evil in the Subspace Emissary.

Pichu4SSB4

You're not going Turbo?
No, Wario preforms evil acts if there is a shiny penny involved. Otherwise he's a sloppy jerk at best.
Remember Super Mario Land 2, he was the final boss in that game.

Anyway, Waluigi and Pokey Minch are my most wanted Nintendo villains. Maybe Ghirahim and Demise, eh. Giygas i'd love to see as a boss in the story/adventure mode. As for 3rd party villains i'd like to see Sephie, but that's very unlikely anyway.

BarnOwlsRSoAdorable

Smash Apprentice
Add Mashtooth from Starfy because: A) Starfy shouldn't be the only Starfy representative B) Mashtooth is my most despised video game character because he was a cheap boss, completely annoying, came out of nowhere, an unoriginal villain and disgusting.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Add Ridley.
Add Mewtwo.
Add K.Rool.
Maybe Bowser Jr.

There you go.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
Ridley and K. Rool for sure. and i guess if u wanna count Mewtwo count him. those r the only villains this time around i think have a good shot

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Add Mashtooth from Starfy because: A) Starfy shouldn't be the only Starfy representative B) Mashtooth is my most despised video game character because he was a cheap boss, completely annoying, came out of nowhere, an unoriginal villain and disgusting.
You want to play as a character you hate?

"Booooo, I really hate this guy so I want him in Super Smash Bros. to play as him! THAT WILL SHOW HOW MUCH I HATE HIM!"

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I definitely want more villains than I do heroes. I feel like every villain that's important to a series should get in... The heroes can't be heroes without their villains and you can't build a story without a rival.

The villains I want:
Ridley
K.Rool
Kamek (I view him as Yoshi's primary villain)
Porky (if they can figure out a good way for him to play)
Captain Syrup (unlikely, I know, but I'd like her)
Mewtwo

The villains that would be nice to have but whatever:
Eggman/Robotnik (I'm not holding my breath on this one)
Vaati (Don't feel too strongly about it, he'd be cool though)
King Hippo (the Punch Out enemies have more personality than Little Mac, and the Hippo's the most iconic enemy)

The villains that probably deserve to get in but I don't personally care about:
Black Shadow (Give him Ganondorf's moveset and give Gdorf something more appropriate!)
Andross (If they can figure him out. He's the main Star Fox villain, but he's never been shown in a reasonable form for a Smash character)

Also, the Fire Emblem should create an interesting reoccurring villain. One that isn't a gargantuan dragon.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I definitely want more villains than I do heroes. I feel like every villain that's important to a series should get in... The heroes can't be heroes without their villains and you can't build a story without a rival.

The villains I want:
Ridley
K.Rool
Kamek (I view him as Yoshi's primary villain)
Porky (if they can figure out a good way for him to play)
Captain Syrup (unlikely, I know, but I'd like her)
Mewtwo

The villains that would be nice to have but whatever:
Eggman/Robotnik (I'm not holding my breath on this one)
Vaati (Don't feel too strongly about it, he'd be cool though)
King Hippo (the Punch Out enemies have more personality than Little Mac, and the Hippo's the most iconic enemy)

The villains that probably deserve to get in but I don't personally care about:
Black Shadow (Give him Ganondorf's moveset and give Gdorf something more appropriate!)
Andross (If they can figure him out. He's the main Star Fox villain, but he's never been shown in a reasonable form for a Smash character)

Also, the Fire Emblem should create an interesting reoccurring villain. One that isn't a gargantuan dragon.
No Bowser Jr. or WAA? And does the Black Knight count for a FE villain?

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
No Bowser Jr. or WAA? And does the Black Knight count for a FE villain?
Oh sure, I'd throw Bowser Jr. into the villains that deserve to get in but I don't care about.

Is Waluigi even a villain? Has he ever done anything villainous? ... has he ever done at all, for that matter? We can make a lot of assumptions about who he is, but he really isn't a villain. He's more Wario's tennis partner than he is anyone else's rival.

I'm not sure I'd say the Black Knight is an interesting, reoccurring villain... I get that the way the FE series is made that it's difficult to have important, iconic characters but it actually would be rather nice. The world has immortal characters, they might as well introduce some undying villain who can stay at least somewhat important throughout the series' different generations.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Mewtwo, King K.Rool and Ridley is stuff that I feel is at this point almost obligationary. Why even debate this while most majorly requested characters are villains anyway?

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Hell yes more villains. He's how it should look: (nobody needs to point out that not all fit the role of "villain", as in "evildoer", but rather "antagonist")

Mario: Bowser/Wario
DK: King K. Rool (bring him on, I say)
Zelda: Ganondorf/Ghirahim (maybe for Ghirahim, but Ganondorf could use a revamping like the one I posted in his veteran thread)
Kirby: MK/Dedede (nerf the MK and the chaingrab)
Metroid: Ridley (They can make him work)
Starfox: Wolf (Leave as is, love this bamf)
Pokemon: Mewtwo (should be differentiated as much as possible from Lucario and make use of new sig attack and form)
F-Zero: Black Shadow (should inherit Ganon's current fighting style, making him an appropriate semi-clone of Falcon for those who like his current playstyle)
Fire Emblem: Possibly
Mother: Doubt it, but Porky

I can take or leave an FE and Mother villain rep, but I'd like to see the rest.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
HeLLLL YESSS!! every singe one of my wanted Sm4sh chars are villans/bad guys/bosses.

Dry Bowser
Kamek
Petey Piranna
Skull Kid
Ridley
Mewtwo
K.Rool

Cranky Kong (yh he is a villian xD)

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Definitely Ridley and King K. Rool at the very least. If we're lucky, maybe even Dark Samus and Bowser Jr. Not sure how I feel about Mewtwo coming back though, he wasn't all that great in melee, but I supposed if he's buffed up a bit he might be fun to fight with. Eggman could act as a boss in an adventure mode, same for King Boo and Dr. Wily(if Megaman shows up that is).

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Definitely Ridley and King K. Rool at the very least. If we're lucky, maybe even Dark Samus and Bowser Jr. Not sure how I feel about Mewtwo coming back though, he wasn't all that great in melee, but I supposed if he's buffed up a bit he might be fun to fight with. Eggman could act as a boss in an adventure mode, same for King Boo and Dr. Wily(if Megaman shows up that is).
He was bad in Melee, but the same argument can be used for any character who's been bad, like Ganondorf, Samus or even Kirby. Bad or not, there's always plenty of room to improve a character. So as long as they know what they're doing, Mewtwo should be solid.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Smash Bros is the perfect game to finally make villains playable. Want to play as Ganondorf for once and kick Link's patootie? Well, you're in luck. Do you want Dedede to finally "get that Kirby"? Then go get him! (Yes, I know you can play as Dedede in Kirby Wii, but that came after Brawl. And yes, I know he's an anti-hero more than anything.)

It's a treat for a guy like me who always falls in love with the villains rather than the good guys. I say bring on more villains, give them their time to shine, and let us control them for once.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Smash Bros is the perfect game to finally make villains playable. Want to play as Ganondorf for once and kick Link's patootie? Well, you're in luck. Do you want Dedede to finally "get that Kirby"? Then go get him! (Yes, I know you can play as Dedede in Kirby Wii, but that came after Brawl. And yes, I know he's an anti-hero more than anything.)

It's a treat for a guy like me who always falls in love with the villains rather than the good guys. I say bring on more villains, give them their time to shine, and let us control them for once.
Ironically my favorite villains have been the ones I've already been able to control in past games (Mewtwo and Wolf), but I understand completely.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
There are so many villains I want... Practically one from every main series in Smash, ha. If a main series's villain is remotely feasible, I want them in... the game will just feel incomplete until then.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero

Do i wanna play as Ridley and scrape samus's corpse against a wall?

HELL
****ING
YEAH !!!!

TigerBizNiz

Smash Apprentice
Is Waluigi even a villain? Has he ever done anything villainous? ... has he ever done at all, for that matter? We can make a lot of assumptions about who he is, but he really isn't a villain. He's more Wario's tennis partner than he is anyone else's rival.
Wasn't Waluigi considered a villian in Dance Dance Revolution Mario Mix?

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Wasn't Waluigi considered a villian in Dance Dance Revolution Mario Mix?
I guess I forgot that... never played that game. Reading about it, it looks more like he's being more greedy than villanous. Also, it seems that he just set the plot in motion... like usual, the big bad is Bowser again.

TigerBizNiz

Smash Apprentice
I guess I forgot that... never played that game. Reading about it, it looks more like he's being more greedy than villanous. Also, it seems that he just set the plot in motion... like usual, the big bad is Bowser again.
True.. he's never been the serious villian. Most of his main villianous roles take part in side Mario games. I remember him most for his villianous character in the story mode of Mario Party 3.. hell he got his board called Waluigi's Island! I used to hate him with a passion because he was Luigi's archrival! (Luigi was my favorite character in the game) :evil:

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
True.. he's never been the serious villian. Most of his main villianous roles take part in side Mario games. I remember him most for his villianous character in the story mode of Mario Party 3.. hell he got his board called Waluigi's Island! I used to hate him with a passion because he was Luigi's archrival! (Luigi was my favorite character in the game) :evil:
They just need to make Wario greedy for money and Waluigi greedy for POWER.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
If Waluigi had a different outfit, he'd seriously look like the classic Evil Vizier that manipulates the kingdom from behind the scenes. Maybe Waluigi is secretly a super powerful sorcerer?!

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I personally only have interest in Bowser Jr. making it in the Villains section, and he is likely a chance as well. If he is in, I'm gonna have fun being part of a Bowser/Bowser Jr. team in 2v2s.

Zink Imp

Smash Ace
I'm not too big on seeing Bowser Jr. or Waluigi. I would like to see Demise and King K. Rool.
I'm also not in the Ridley boat. I'm the "he's too big to be in" kind of guy. I know other characters have had size changes, but Ridley's would be too drastic.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm not too big on seeing Bowser Jr. or Waluigi. I would like to see Demise and King K. Rool.
I'm also not in the Ridley boat. I'm the "he's too big to be in" kind of guy. I know other characters have had size changes, but Ridley's would be too drastic.
Shall I link you over to the Ridley thread so that you could see the light?

http://smashboards.com/threads/the-ridley-for-ssb4-thread-the-most-wanted-nintendo-newcomer.324284/

Read and convert, young one. The space dragon forgives if you change his ways... :troll:

In all seriousness, size is not an issue for Ridley in the slightest. Look through the thread and you can see why it isn't a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom