• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Subspace Army

NintendoWarrior

Smash Lord
Here's an idea, what if Kirby was the character chosen to pay adv. mode with and this is his storyline. But if you pick Mario to start, you start his adventure after getting nailed by the Cannon Ball. Maybe the story branches off in different paths depending on who you choose.

GoldenS1104

Smash Journeyman
Wow, you actually noticed that after the fifty times I just said that?
Sorry, I didn't really understand what this meant: "The Primids probally make things out of nowhere to make them like a character, but their basicly Polygons, yeah." I understood that you were saying they have the same moves as playable characters, but I didn't understand that you meant they got those powers by watching their opponent.

Gargomon251

Smash Journeyman
Why does this game need a 1p mode? I liked it when a hand picked up stuff and then it fought. That made sense enough to me.
A storyline enriches the gameplay and makes the game more interesting. We've come a long way since Rock 'em Sock 'em Robots.

Also, I think Master Hand will remain exclusive to Classic mode, just like the previous game.

Neo-X

Smash Journeyman
1P mode is nice. It seems to have a better story than... "Hand picks up doll/statue, hand makes doll/statue fight. Doll/statue fights hand, hand loses, doll/statue turns back into a doll/statue." right?

Drascin

Smash Journeyman
I'm being ignored again :( so I'll bold it this time. ANCIENT MINISTER LOOKS LIKE HE GOT RIPPED FROM KINGDOM HEARTS.
Well, yes, yes he does. I thought the same thing. But that hardly means anything, since the "Heartless look" is rather popular with baddies in Japanese games since quite long ago :laugh:. KH is just the most wellknown one.

Neo-X

Smash Journeyman
Well, yes, yes he does. I thought the same thing. But that hardly means anything, since the "Heartless look" is rather popular with baddies in Japanese games since quite long ago :laugh:. KH is just the most wellknown one.

*is shot down* :urg: oh well. I never knew that, so I guess my theory just got blown out of the sky.

smashmv

Smash Apprentice
1P mode is nice. It seems to have a better story than... "Hand picks up doll/statue, hand makes doll/statue fight. Doll/statue fights hand, hand loses, doll/statue turns back into a doll/statue." right?
true dat and yeah the pokemon trainer probally will have somethign to do with it even if its a small part

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
A storyline enriches the gameplay and makes the game more interesting. We've come a long way since Rock 'em Sock 'em Robots.

Also, I think Master Hand will remain exclusive to Classic mode, just like the previous game.
Event Match 50, HA! :laugh:

Nahm just messing with ya! :p

And he by no way looks like Kingdom Hearts. He looks like something out of SSBB to be honest. :laugh:

Teevo

Smash Rookie
I personally don't see why Petey's size immediately rules him out as a playable character. I've actually kinda been noticing that both DK and Bowser look rather humongous. But playable character or not, either way it's good by me.

Also, as for Mario getting shot by the Halberd... I dunno... the Canonball's kinda coming from a rather horizontal angle, doesn't look like it came from The Halberd at all to me. I also don't think the Minister flying towards it proves MetaKnights in Cahoots with him, I mean there's a chance he is, but heck, The Halberd coulda beena theifed away... anyway, those are just my thoughts.

krlos F.

Smash Journeyman
Petey is not a playable character for sure!!! its obvious!!! maybe this trailer is the adventure mode for KIRBY because Marios is KO'd and only remains kirby... maybe kirby must save Zelda and Peach....

Novaya_Russia

Smash Cadet
'm trying to think of the name for that style... but anyways, no, it's not original to KH.

Twilight Princess had enemies in this style, too.

Neo-X

Smash Journeyman
now that I think, Twilight Princess did have enemies like that. Kingdom Hearts is so filled with them, and was the first game I remember having them, that it smashed right into my brain that "Black, beady yellow eyed enemies=KINGDOM HEARTS."

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
I personally don't see why Petey's size immediately rules him out as a playable character. I've actually kinda been noticing that both DK and Bowser look rather humongous. But playable character or not, either way it's good by me.

Also, as for Mario getting shot by the Halberd... I dunno... the Canonball's kinda coming from a rather horizontal angle, doesn't look like it came from The Halberd at all to me. I also don't think the Minister flying towards it proves MetaKnights in Cahoots with him, I mean there's a chance he is, but heck, The Halberd coulda beena theifed away... anyway, those are just my thoughts.
I doubt the Halberd was stolen from Metaknight; In some Kirby games Metaknight likes to test Kirby to bring out his full potential; perhaps this is one of his tests. ( like in Kirby's Superstar Metaknight wanted to rule over dreamland to change their lazy life style, but Kirby stopped him)

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

1.It's heavier then Bowser. Bowser is confirmed to be the heaviest character in the game.

2.It's holding two characters in a cage while about ready to fight another.

3.That one attack smacked one guy a billion miles away.

4.It's too big. It's like 20 to 30 feet tall big, and the tallest PC before that was G'dorf at about 8 or 9 feet tall [along with Bowser and DK].

5.It's grab is going to be cheap, since it enslaves whoever it grabs in cages. :laugh:

;)

Also, I get a feeling the next video will either revolve around Kirby, or have Luigi and someone from the Zelda universe come to help [WW Link 4 teh pwnzs]. YIPEE! :)

Wait, if it circles around Kirby, does that mean MK and King Dedede are the main villains. See Sakurai is f***ing over all the other characters for the series he made to be the main story alone. :laugh:

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042
Oh brother. Mario did not wavedash, he just ran pretty fast and then slid. Mario got hit by a cannonball which was probably from the Halberd or one of the Primus (we don't know what they're capable of yet so anything could happen).

Petey playable? I doubt it. I think he's just there, because he has gotten popular yes, but why assume he's playable? Because he was in Double Dash and Strikers Charged? KING BOO AND MONTY MOLE CONFIRMED!

C'mon guys, be serious, please. I swear if the first Subspace update was before the AT one you'd people would be screaming out HAMMER BRO confirmed.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
Petey Pirahana was in that vid. Hopefully, he is not a playable character, but I will still live if he is I guess. u_u

This update was pretty good. Finally, the premise of the story is fully revealed and we can see the motives of these things. Seems like the bad guys of Nintendo games are teaming up with the Ancient Minister since Petey Pirahana and Metaknight's ship is in the video and helping them.

lol at R.O.Bs attacking Nintendo world (thing) with bombs. XD

Novaya_Russia

Smash Cadet
Shadowpunk! There we go. Unfortunately, the internet turns up pretty dry for info on the genre.

BuSHiDo

Smash Apprentice
How can you guys be serious about Petey being playable? He's kinda huge and he's not even a real "character" in a game. You might as well consider a goomba as a potential new character.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Petey Pirahana, just looks like a boss character to me.

I don't know alot about him but has Petey had his own game or played an important role in a game warrant him enough to be playable?

Neo-X

Smash Journeyman
Lets just all spam the Petey confirmed threat with our hatred of Petey. Jk..but, why do people think he's so FREAKING GREAT? He's a giant PLANT with jaws, pathetic arms, and even MORE pathetic legs!

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Petey Pirahana was in that vid. Hopefully, he is not a playable character, but I will still live if he is I guess. u_u

This update was pretty good. Finally, the premise of the story is fully revealed and we can see the motives of these things. Seems like the bad guys of Nintendo games are teaming up with the Ancient Minister since Petey Pirahana and Metaknight's ship is in the video and helping them.

lol at R.O.Bs attacking Nintendo world (thing) with bombs. XD
1.It's heavier then Bowser. Bowser is confirmed to be the heaviest character in the game.

2.It's holding two characters in a cage while about ready to fight another.

3.That one attack smacked one guy a billion miles away.

4.It's too big. It's like 20 to 30 feet tall big, and the tallest PC before that was G'dorf at about 8 or 9 feet tall [along with Bowser and DK].

5.It's grab is going to be cheap, since it enslaves whoever it grabs in cages. :laugh:

;)

Also, I get a feeling the next video will either revolve around Kirby, or have Luigi and someone from the Zelda universe come to help [WW Link 4 teh pwnzs]. YIPEE! :)

Wait, if it circles around Kirby, does that mean MK and King Dedede are the main villains. See Sakurai is f***ing over all the other characters for the series he made to be the main story alone. :laugh:
I'm still lol'ing at my sarcasm! :laugh: BTW, glab R.O.B. got into the game [in some somewat important way], since R.O.B. friggen rocks! :) Hopefully other awsome characters are in the story as well [as NPC's, Bosses, AT's, stickers, and PCs...too many options! XD]. :)

I'm out [hopefully...unless someone posts something that keeps me up for 10 more hours! XD].

-Johnknight1 :p

Top Bottom