• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Subspace Army

Shuma

Smash Hero
Ok First than i do hope Petey is not playable, but just because he's big in the intro it doesn't mean he whon't be playable.

Exorcist

Smash Journeyman
Wow guys...

Get your facts straight before spitting out confirmations.

Read Bowser's Bio: "blah blah he's the biggest and heaviest character"

*looks at Petey*

*looks at bowser*

Um....... unless you believe in shrink rays, I wouldn't start "OMG SHUT UP YOU HAVE NO PROOF"ing guys.

Hong

The Strongest
With all due respect to supporters, other than assist trophies, I hope this is all we see of Petey Pirhana and R.O.B.

I wonder if you have to defeat Petey Pirhana with Kirby then disable both R.O.B.s within a minute or else you see that explosion and it's game over. After this, you unlock characters and/or go to someone elses perspective.

iMichael

Smash Lord
the same way the ancient minister is obviuosly not playable.

i mean just look at the sheer size of him... use ur brains people. he'll be a boss
well s*** look at Giga Bowser....hes playable now....and look at the size of him and no one cares for ancient minister...who the heck is that guy...now Petey is someone we know and has been in games as playable characters (Mario Kart DD/Strikers Charged)...I dont think Sakurai will make him just a boss...but hey thats me as we all have our diff opinions...

khold

Smash Apprentice
love how everyone's spelling it petty pirahna. :]

great update, gimme some more tomorrow sakurai.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
u guys r trippin, petey is obviously not playable and mario doesnt WD. why would he wavedash in a cinematic cut scene?
Thank you. Because I'm sure one of Petey's attacks is put two fighters in a cage while fighting another character. Ya, real playable.

And it's Mario's signature run then slide [no jump, so it's not wavedashing. But we have sliding]. :cool:

Misto-Roboto

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
MistoRoboto
3DS FC
3780-9079-0504
Switch FC
3912-9000-6921
Curious enough, what does this mean for Master Hand? Will he still be a part of the game?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Just saw the rest of the video...Petey is MUCH bigger in it than he looked in that picture...he has to be in the least 3 times bigger than Zelda...

NO way is he playable...He wouldn't even fit in some of the arenas...(Whatever they are called)

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Wow guys...

*looks at Petey*

*looks at bowser*

Um....... unless you believe in shrink rays, I wouldn't start "OMG SHUT UP YOU HAVE NO PROOF"ing guys.
ownded. :laugh: Very, very, very, very, very nice! :)

GoldenS1104

Smash Journeyman
"The enemy’s primary offensive strength is in creatures called the Primid. They come in many variations."

It sounds like they're going to be like the fighting polygons. They'll probably have different movesets based on the playable characters. I think some one suggested that might be the case in a different thread when they noticed that the posture of one of the primids in an older pic resembled DK's posture.

Pip

Smash Apprentice
well s*** look at Giga Bowser....hes playable now....and look at the size of him
Giga Bowser is only playable as a final smash. That is, a character of that immense size only seems likely to exist in circumstances where they're supposed to have a distinct advantage (such as during a final smash).

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Guys, remember Giga Bowser? We could Gameshark him... and plus, it was proabally the view from Kirby's eyes as it would seem as Petey is already pretty big in the games... Petey is probally the same size as Giga Bowser
I'm willin to say someone will find a way to make Giga Bowser playable again [via Gameshark and Action Replay], and make Pettey Piranha playable as well [same methods]. Probably even those Primids and the Ancient Minister even. Since some of us have no lives. :laugh: :p ;)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Of the Petey subject...what do you think shot a cannon at Mario...

Petey doesn't shoot cannonballs to my knowlege...though admittedly with him it is limited.

GoldenS1104

Smash Journeyman
Giga Bowser is only playable as a final smash. That is, a character of that immense size only seems likely to exist in circumstances where they're supposed to have a distinct advantage (such as during a final smash).
Petey's Fianl Smash could be growing large... but that seems kinda of lame cause that's basically a copy of Bowser. Plus, he wouldn't stay large like he does in the trailer, so I guess Petey is probably not gunna be a PC.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
Ok First than i do hope Petey is not playable, but just because he's big in the intro it doesn't mean he whon't be playable.
in that same logic, his appearance in the intro doesnt make him playable either

Wow guys...

*looks at Petey*

*looks at bowser*

well s*** look at Giga Bowser....hes playable now....and look at the size of him and no one cares for ancient minister...who the heck is that guy...now Petey is someone we know and has been in games as playable characters (Mario Kart DD/Strikers Charged)...I dont think Sakurai will make him just a boss...but hey thats me as we all have our diff opinions...
read the post i quoted above you and use commen sense before jumping to conclusions

GoldenS1104

Smash Journeyman
"The enemy’s primary offensive strength is in creatures called the Primid. They come in many variations."

It sounds like they're going to be like the fighting polygons. They'll probably have different movesets based on the playable characters. I think some one suggested that might be the case in a different thread when they noticed that the posture of one of the primids in an older pic resembled DK's posture.
Anyone agree? Disagree? I feel like I'm being ignored...:ohwell:

mattk210

Smash Cadet
a good way to download those videos:

right click>view page info
the first one is an embedded swf
go to that URL
change .swf with .flv
save both the swf and the flv with a download accellerator in the same directory
open the swf

it takes a fraction of the time

Misto-Roboto

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
MistoRoboto
3DS FC
3780-9079-0504
Switch FC
3912-9000-6921
I hope so. Two evils in one game would be interesting to witness.

With that said...Petey. Will we be seeing some sludge?
I'm thinking it is possible the two might be connected. Maybe Brawl will in some fashion retcon the previous games somehow.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Oh, for sure, there going to be the next polygons. I mean, they couldn't do the polygon/wire frame thing, because it's already been done, so they had to make something else. It seems a tad too nintendo-esque, but it's still nice.

Top Bottom