• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Subspace Army

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
"The enemy’s primary offensive strength is in creatures called the Primid. They come in many variations."

It sounds like they're going to be like the fighting polygons. They'll probably have different movesets based on the playable characters. I think some one suggested that might be the case in a different thread when they noticed that the posture of one of the primids in an older pic resembled DK's posture.

Anyone agree? Disagree? I feel like I'm being ignored...:ohwell:
Yeah id say so

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Big improvement on the polygons, that was so boring and didn't make any sense, im surprised they made it to melee without being changed

iMichael

Smash Lord
Why the fudge would he use cages for fights? Hes probally the guardian or something.. and plus, he was HOLDING them in there... why would he attack with them =.=?
ok there we go 1player adventure mode is way different from multiplayer(brawl) mode....maybe in 1player mode HE IS a guardian...maybe thats just his role in the game...but that doesnt mean he wont be playable...Kind of like how metal(whoever) was the guard before you reached master and crazy hand....I think that this dude is playable but like i said before thats my opinion....oh you said "why would he attack with them" im thinking he doesnt give a s*** about them or how they end up....so maybe he swings the cages as his attacks

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Of the Petey subject...what do you think shot a cannon at Mario...

Petey doesn't shoot cannonballs to my knowlege...though admittedly with him it is limited.
Pettey I think confirms a few things.

First off, it confirms bosses from basically every series. We will likely have Ganon as a boss [or some other Zelda giant guy], maybe some DK [Country! :mad:] boss, Kraid as a boss, maybe a dragon or two as a boss, maybe a legendary bird or something giant from Pokemon, etc.

Secondly, it confirms bosses can and very well will be huge. WE could have 50 foot tall bosses from wat it looks. Pit's final smash [summoning that one goddess person] also proves this [though she is in the background].

Third, the bosses will play a moajor roll in the story, unlike Metal Mario, Fighting Polgon Team, Fighting Wire Frames. Heck, even Giga Bowser, Master Hand, and Crazy Hand. And all the previous bosses could very well return.

Fourthly, it will be a more important thing in the game, and probably center around it. Also other forces could kick in for the boss fights before, during, and after.

Lastly, there could very well be matches where you team on bosses with other characters. Maybe even multiple [giant] bosses at once [again].

AS for Pettey playable, I don't see it happening. And the cannon is probably the same thing that shoots bullet bills in the Mario games, just instead a normal bullet cannon thingy. ;)

Neo-X

Smash Journeyman
*has a seizure* ZOMG WTF!? The Ancient Minister screams Kingdom Hearts at me. The beady yellow glowing eyes..the black face. The weird outfit. Maybe..just MAYBE..a Kingdom Hearts update foreshadowing?

RPK

Smash Lord
"The enemy’s primary offensive strength is in creatures called the Primid. They come in many variations."

It sounds like they're going to be like the fighting polygons. They'll probably have different movesets based on the playable characters. I think some one suggested that might be the case in a different thread when they noticed that the posture of one of the primids in an older pic resembled DK's posture.

ShoDan

Smash Apprentice
if petey won be playable, i wouldent care less
if he is he wont desrve it, but im still curious what he can do
i dont think he is playeble

Neo-X

Smash Journeyman
Hahaha. But still..anyone ever play Kingdom Hearts? Honestly, the Ancient Minister looks like he got ripped from Kingdom Hearts.

specialsauce

Smash Journeyman
man this is sweet, having more than just one boss is a great idea and there so many ways to go about fighting them and there will actually be a point to fighting them cuz of this new story line

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
LOL, Peach and Zelda are doing wat princess do best: GET CPATURED! I have a feeling Luigi is coming in the next one, since he technically is a princess saver [I pray with WW Link as well]. :)

GoldenS1104

Smash Journeyman
I just noticed that when Mario gets hit with the cannonball he dies with a Star Finish. I guess those are probably coming back. Not really surprising, in the first smash bros. that was the only way you could die when you went too high.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

don't you just love this image? =D
That made me lol. Anyways, it was Pettey who shot Mario. Plasy it and stop it if you doubt me, but it has the Food and Drug Administration [FDA] Johnknight1 seal of approval. It was Pettey who shot Mario. C'mon Luigi, show off your pwnage powers! :laugh:

Since it is Pettey Piranha who shot it, I noticed also it was a mud ball spit thingy, just like wat Pettey does in Super Mario Sunshine. Not a cannonball, bullet, or bullet bill. ;)

Neo-X

Smash Journeyman
I'm being ignored again :( so I'll bold it this time. ANCIENT MINISTER LOOKS LIKE HE GOT RIPPED FROM KINGDOM HEARTS.

Master Peach

Smash Ace
Petey as a boss. Awesome. T-T It's sad what's he's doing to the princess. This Puts Petey on my top enemy list of destruction.

One thing I noticed about the Petey in brawl is that he's more fearsome looking and a bit more heartless I mean you saw what he to the princess' right. Since that Giga Bowser update and now this update, Brawl's boss' are going to be extreme, and just by looking at this vid you can tell beating them won't be easy.

Neo-X

Smash Journeyman
He turned them to stone..and I can imagine that each character has a "story"..so to speak, because there are CGI cut scenes in the game.

Top Bottom