• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Subspace Army

GoldenS1104

Smash Journeyman
Also, I get a feeling the next video will either revolve around Kirby, or have Luigi and someone from the Zelda universe come to help [WW Link 4 teh pwnzs]. YIPEE! :)
I doubt Luigi... Luigi has always been an unlcokable character, and I think it'll stay that way. If he is unlockable he probably wouldn't be in the adventure mode (at least not until you unlock him and play the adventure mode as him).

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
Lets just all spam the Petey confirmed threat with our hatred of Petey. Jk..but, why do people think he's so FREAKING GREAT? He's a giant PLANT with jaws, pathetic arms, and even MORE pathetic legs!
And crappy polka dotted swimsuit. -_-

At least he looks only to be a boss of some kind. The strange thing about his size though. . . . . . .isn't Bowser suppose to be bigger. I am sure he was in Sunshine. 0_o

Neo-X

Smash Journeyman
No..Bowser was only bigger than him in Super Mario 64. When he was..like..20 feet tall. Now Petey's probably 30+ feet tall...Petey looks like a boss..the first boss of the game if you ask me :p

drewdizzal

Smash Apprentice
WOW WHAT THE **** HIT MARIO?!?!?!?!!? oh and petey looks ****ing badass. no way in hell he is a playable character tho, that would just be.....awkward.

Neo-X

Smash Journeyman
Mario got pwnt by a cannon ball. I guess Petey spit it out? And Petey will NEVER be playable. If he is I'll still buy the game. But I'll take him off the character list. I delete him from what I unlocked..MUAHAHAHAHAHA! I'll never have to suffer through going through characters to see Petey again! BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
I honestly think certain characters will have certain boss characters from their games which may or may not be playable characters.

Petey just looks so boss like, kinda like how Master Hand and Giga Bowser were in SSBM.

Master Peach

Smash Ace
Petey looks like a boss to me. I don't really see him as a playable character, but that doesn't mean that he can't. I mean look at strikers charged, Petey Doesn't look like he can play Soccer, but what is he doing playing Soccer. So just because he's big', and appears to be a boss doesn't mean he can't be playable in the game. Tomarrow's update could be Petey. Ya never know. Anyways whether Petey is playable or not i really don't care. As long as he's in the game I'm fine with it.

Neo-X

Smash Journeyman
I don't think Petey will be in it. Simply because..he's unimportant..never really has a role, other than to screw over Mario.

iMichael

Smash Lord
How can you guys be serious about Petey being playable? He's kinda huge and he's not even a real "character" in a game. You might as well consider a goomba as a potential new character.
Why consider a goomba a potential new character....Ive never ever seen them drive a KART or play SOCCER!....and you say hes not even a real character lol....to me RED isnt a real character but this mofo's in brawl same for Charizard and the others

Neo-X

Smash Journeyman
Why consider a goomba a potential new character....Ive never ever seen them drive a KART or play SOCCER!....and you say hes not even a real character lol....to me RED isnt a real character but this mofo's in brawl same for Charizard and the others
Well..Red is in because he's a representation of the main character of the original pokemon game And those three in particular are (from as far as I can remeber.) forms of the starter pokemon in the game. I think.

BUM163

Smash Lord
he doesn't have a role?hez a character in mario kart,mario strikers n look how evil he is here.yo do ya 4get bowser is huggggggge in sunshine n in mario 64 n they downsize him.petey can b in the game n 2 me pokemon trainer is not a important character,cuz 4 that they could of put ash n have the same pokemon.

Neo-X

Smash Journeyman
Bum, my point about Red is because he's the ORIGINAL. He was before Ash, Brock, Misty, May, Gary whoever the hell else is in it. Petey's just your AVERAGE villain.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
This whole Petey thing reminds me somewhat of "Waluigi" what makes Petey more important than he is(a little bit of me would die if Waluigi was playable though)

Master Peach

Smash Ace
Petey is a reoccuring villian. He's not like king Bob-omb who appeared only once in one game. Petey appears in many nintendo themed games. In Galaxy they have boss that looks very close to Petey. Maybe it's his new from or version. Either way nintendo is trying to milk him for all he's worth.

Crystallion

Smash Ace
It's like there's some dark negative cloud over threads like this, it's really sad.

This is possibly the coolest thing they could do and for all we know, it can take many many directions. But still: "OMG, don't wanna have Petey in Brawl!!!!11one1" Is that all you think of?First, what's wrong with Petey? Perhaps he isn't important to the series, but why the hate? Personally, I don't care for the character. Like some said already in this thread he's an average villain and not important enough to get him as a playable character. But personally, what's wrong with him besides this?

I trust Sakurai with his decisions. Was anyone of you disappointed in SSB and Melee? (if you say yes, what's the point being here?) No! Exactly! So I trust him to do what he thinks is best and to not make stupid decisions like putting Petey in the game over Ridley and tons of characters who are more popular than him. Besides, every character in SSB and SSBM had at least a major role in the games they were in or were the main protagonists of their own games. And I also think Petey will be a boss in the adventure mode.

We don't know more, so stop b****ing around, it doesn't help much. Yeah, I know these are all opinions, but opinions based on something we don't know much about. So there...
I for one was terribly impressed by the vid and pretty much loved this update.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Great update.

What happened to all the Primids? In the first Subspace video the stadium was full of them; then when that Ancient Minister dude drops the bomb there isn't one Primid in the stadium. Maybe all this happens after you kill them?

2nd Stamp

Smash Ace
Ok, heres my view. The story started at the arrival of the Halberd wich unleaches a storm of Primids onto the field. Peach and Zelda hurry to the battlefield to help their friends, and start fighting the Primids. I think this is the part were the player has to fight Primids. A lot of em. Maybe you'll have the other characters as Ally's, maybe not. After this you'll get the movie we've all seen today. They defeated the Primids and are looking up to see the Ancient Minister hoover over to deploy the Subspace Bomb. When the ROB's detach it and the timer starts to run, Mario takes heroic action and runs off to the bomb. Then a bomb fly's lightning fast through the stadium hitting Mario clean in the face. Mario fly's off to the background and Kirby watches him. As he turns arround, Petey Pirahna is holding the two princesses in cages, and roars fiercly at Kirby (Favourite part of the movie). My guess? Kirby fights Petey Pirahna here in the Stadium level (also seen in Subspace Emissary Update) and after you win another cutscene will play. Petey Pirahna is the kind of character who won't have a full moveset, but probably some main attacks and his flying, wich was the main attack he had in New Super Mario Bros. and the second time you fought him in Super Mario Sunshine. And what better oppertunity it is for our beloved Ridley to appear along the same lines, an ingame boss. Think of the further possibilities.

Oh - and I think the Ancient Minister looks like Zant. XD

...And everyone who thinks there's a wavedash in the video should sell all his Nintendo stuff.

Kentalish

Smash Lord
Mario got pwnt by a cannon ball. I guess Petey spit it out? And Petey will NEVER be playable. If he is I'll still buy the game. But I'll take him off the character list. I delete him from what I unlocked..MUAHAHAHAHAHA! I'll never have to suffer through going through characters to see Petey again! BWAHAHAHAHAHA!
AHAHAAHAHAHA then ill play as petey against u

lol jking im not that mean

id play diddy

blayde_axel

Smash Master
So the Ancient Minister's the ultimate evil Nintendo villain? I'm somehow not pleased... I mean... he doesn't even have legs! Maybe he can clamp into things with his mechanical parts.

Byron X

Smash Journeyman
Yayyy, storyline! Ancient Minister looks kind of like Meta Knight in a big bulky suit--as if Sakurai were keeping him in Zant's closet for the first two Smash games and just let him out now. =)

WHAT THE **** WHAT THE **** WHAT THE **** WHAT THE ****?!

PETEY ****ING PIRANHA?!

I'm really upset with Sakurai's decision. I can find it in myself to forgive Sakurai for excluding Toad. But to include Petey Piranha--PETEY ****ING PIRANHA!--instead is ridiculous. I hate that vapid vomit-spewer more than any other character. I swear, if that oversized garden pest is a playable character, I will lose all respect for Sakurai. This update has truly made me angry.

...My only consolation is the fact that this ridiculous excuse for a character is far too big to be playable as-is. I can only hope that he stays that large and, likewise, stays as far away from the playable roster as possible.

EDIT: Sorry for all of the (censored) swearing. I just really, REALLY hate Petey Piranha that much. As long as he remains an NPC, I don't care what they do with him at this point. Frankly, having him as a boss would just give me an opportunity to smack the life out of him without the potential for retaliation.

You're not the only one man, I hate Petey too

2nd Stamp

Smash Ace
I've come across something strange. When Mario runs to the Subspace Bomb and turns arround, a small earthquake comes and smoke appears with something shooting a canonball.

This is the mysterious figure.

It could be Dyna Blade since it looks like a bird, or maybe a Metal Gear? Another original ennemy?

Byron X

Smash Journeyman
Naw, I'm pretty sure that's Petey, you can see the arms and the big head! XD

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Petey Pirannsbdhabjhd better be a non playable boss guy or something. I'm not liking his inclusion much...

Well, here's to having some more random bosses... Come on Skull Kid XD

I just hope Sakurai is not putting TOO much into single player...

Dave the Perspicacious

Smash Journeyman
Personally I really don't care either way, but I don't see how the possibility of Petey Pirahna's inclusion to the roster of playable characters affects anyone who dislikes him. The fact is he's unique and he's a villain.

Who isn't to say the "bad guys" didn't use some sort of "enlarging ray" on Petey for the story mode? No one knows whats really going on.

"Oh but he's going to take a valuable space that could have been used for someone else!" - not necessarily; whos to say he wasn't added in at the end because they had time/ they wanted to maximise the roster as much as possible? I would rather have more playable characters because of those reasons that not have them at all. Stop whining when we don't know the whole story - it is really rather immature.

Excellent update - i'm really glad that the adventure mode is shaping up this nicely. Whether or not Petey is just a boss or NPC. This mode is going to rock pretty hard and I would wager; be rather rewarding.

Cheers,

Dave

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Chances are that Petey Piranha is just a non-playable boss. At least this thread is better than the cloud theory thread. :laugh: So where do you think Mario was shot to? As a Mario main, I didn't like what happened to him.

hyrdalisk23

Smash Rookie
Not sure why people are criticizing Petey so much, he seems a lot more fitting than Lucario to me personally. Anyway, not sure if anyone has said this but, from the looks of it you'll probably have to start adventure with kirby and save other characters like in Joy Mecha Fight, after you save them perhaps you can play as them in adventure mode or something. That is just speculation though, the cutscene might just be for opening, and you can use anyone you want, I'm not sure.

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
ok, so wasn't Boswer enlarged to be a boss in a certain mode of Melee???

think about this, you think Sakurai would do this much work on Petey if he wasn't unlockable somehow?

Top Bottom