• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stupid/Funny things we said before Brawl came out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
You all remember the months before july 5th...err december 3rd....i mean february 10th.....make that march 9th that speculation and frustration of waiting collided on a daily (hourly...minutely) basis to create some of the craziest ideas and reasonings ever.

This is just some of the stuff I remember from back then. Feel free to add your own

-Rob is an enemy in SSE. Deconfirmed.
-They chose to use the Ridley fight in the Masterpieces demo. Ridley confirmed.
-Olimar can't be in, he's the size of a nickle.
-Sonic wont be in because (whoever the hell it was from Sega Europe) said they havnt talked to Nintendo about it
-Diddy will be in but with Dixie (ice climbers style)
-It's too much of a coincidence that Brawl got delayed "to include the entire video game universe"(or whatver the hell it was) right when Bungie split from Microsoft. Master Chief confirmed! He's never been on a Nintendo console, but what about that unreleased Halo DS game? And it'd definitley sell games. They could get around the "no realistic guns" rule by giving him covenant weapons and he could have a warthog for his final smash!
-Sonic will be in but with Tails (ice climbers style)
-The "forbidden 7" will be Brawl's first DLC
-There is a demo/beta for Brawl out! There's a screenshot! Apparently this guy got home and his Wii was glowing blue and...
-Brawl was NOT delayed. I went to GameStop today and they said it was still February 10th!
-There will be an Animal Crossing character because there is an Animal Crossing icon!
-Mewtwo/Ganondorf/Bowser/Master Hand/Ridley will be SSE Bosses/Playable characters because clouds look like them!
-There is a DS icon...Stylus confirmed!
-It's not a DS icon, it's a touch generation icon. Dr (whats his name) from brain age confirmed!
-It's not a DS icon, it's a wii/ds icon. Mii's confirmed!
-There's one character per stage: Electroplankton, Tom Nook, and DS Rep confirmed!
-"Up until now" Ness deconfirmed
-They used Falco saying "I'm gonna have to back off!" as a screenshot in the masterpieces update. Falco deconfirmed.

...and I think the one thing to really show how crazy the speculation got: at one point, people started seriously suggesting "Tetris Block" as a character, saying the Tetris music in the game made it possible.

link2702

Smash Champion
u don't gotta be a competitive/pro player to realize melee is still superior.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
LOL, I completely forgot about the cloud thing

TKD

Smash Lord
I was expecting "Melee 2". Oh the horror...
Anyhow something stupid I said was that you were gonna be able to give DI to your own moves so mix-up would be more intense :p

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
how could anyone say sse isnt better than melee's **** adventure mode.
-No in game enemies, instead generic ones
-Its efing hours to beat, i bought a fighting game, not a short RPG
-Great Maze
-a lot of the stages aren't even related to character's games
+Boss battles
-Generic boss battles minus Riddly, Raquaza, and i guess the giant plant from mario :\
-Raquaza shows up at a non-pokemon related point, at least Riddly shows up to fight Samus -_-
~Tabuu is an okai final boss, but Giga Bowser is much more hype :\

just some reasons why I would say that

- = bad
+ = good
~ = whatever

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
-No in game enemies, instead generic ones
-Its efing hours to beat, i bought a fighting game, not a short RPG
-Great Maze
-a lot of the stages aren't even related to character's games
+Boss battles
-Generic boss battles minus Riddly, Raquaza, and i guess the giant plant from mario :\
-Raquaza shows up at a non-pokemon related point, at least Riddly shows up to fight Samus -_-
~Tabuu is an okai final boss, but Giga Bowser is much more hype :\

just some reasons why I would say that

- = bad
+ = good
~ = whatever

dude...it's a full game! that's what it's supposed to be! melee's adventure mode wasnt even anything.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
-I have salt from that full game leading to a lesser multiplayer game
-I don't want to play SSE ever because of how long it takes to beat it, in melee it was fun to do it every now and then, in fact i'd have fun playing it now.
+Co-op SSE is the only redeeming feature. I wish it coulda been 4 players though, but that would take a good graphic card to do that.

~This is just my opinion, but I think many people will say SSE wasn't that enjoyable.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
-I have salt from that full game leading to a lesser multiplayer game
-I don't want to play SSE ever because of how long it takes to beat it, in melee it was fun to do it every now and then, in fact i'd have fun playing it now.
+Co-op SSE is the only redeeming feature. I wish it coulda been 4 players though, but that would take a good graphic card to do that.

~This is just my opinion, but I think many people will say SSE wasn't that enjoyable.
^This. SSE was just boring to me, and even though it felt cool at first, it got old and generic real quick. The fact that I found myself trying to speedrun it just to get it over with is a clear sign of bad design choices. Also, having to run through more than half of it a second time through to unlock all cut scenes became a boring chore. Yeah, I could've forgone doing that, but I'm a completion *****, so yeah. :p
This will be the last smash game.. xD
lulz

Twinkles

Smash Lord
-SSE has all the characters running at the same/similar speed = everyone goes at the same snail's pace
-Enemies are annoying, staged fight sequences are boring
-Levels feel really uninspired
My friend described the feeling best probably. SSE was a game that didn't know what the hell to be. Was it a fighter or was it a platformer? Committed to neither of those ideas and kinda sucked.

Melee's adventure mode only dragged if played 10x over for unlockables. For just playing once in a while, it's 10-15 minutes well spent. Each level feels unique to each other, even though later levels in Melee adventure felt really degenerated compared to earlier levels lol

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
-SSE has all the characters running at the same/similar speed = everyone goes at the same snail's pace
-Enemies are annoying, staged fight sequences are boring
-Levels feel really uninspired
My friend described the feeling best probably. SSE was a game that didn't know what the hell to be. Was it a fighter or was it a platformer? Committed to neither of those ideas and kinda sucked.

Melee's adventure mode only dragged if played 10x over for unlockables. For just playing once in a while, it's 10-15 minutes well spent. Each level feels unique to each other, even though later levels in Melee adventure felt really degenerated compared to earlier levels lol
i find it weird to compare the two, honestly. i mean, melee's was a short game mode. SSE was an entire game. it'd be like comparing Super Mario Bros to the Mario Bros pow brick arcade game. It just doesnt make sense to me.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
It'll be like Melee but with more characters and stages.

Boy were were wrong :urg:

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
"Dude, they confirmed Ganondorf, and they're using his badass design from Twilight Princess! He's so gonna dominate the tier list"... Those were my thoughts before the release of Brawl. Oh, the shattered expectations.

Mono.

Stopmotion Love.
"I'm gonna main Sonic so hard."

But then I actually played with him.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
"There wont be clones in Brawl therefore Falco Ganon Marth Roy Pichu Doc Ylink and Ness won't be in" I still dont get the *** backwards thinking that Ness was a clone of Lucas, when Ness was in smash first....
-"stickers will add depth to the game"
-"SSE will be awesome"
-"stage builder will be great"
-"there will be DLC characters"
-"ALL CLOCKS"

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
"They'll obviously change Toon Link's name in the translation, that's such a stupid name."

(I still think that's a silly name.)

"Brawl will be the best game EVER! I didn't get at all tired of Melee after seven years, and Brawl will clearly be even better!"

"Wi-Fi is going to be so much fun!"

Haloedhero

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Haloedhero
3DS FC
4957-3994-3545
"I really won't mind all of the changes from Melee!"

How wrong I was...

Or:

"They won't go out of their way to dumb the game down, because people who don't want to play with wavedashing and dashdancing and l cancel can already do that in melee, and they will never know they difference, so why would those be taken out?"

:phone:

Jonas

Smash Champion
dude...it's a full game! that's what it's supposed to be! melee's adventure mode wasnt even anything.
It's full of ****, that's what kind of "full game" it is. I'd rather play a short and fun singleplayer mode than a tedious 10-hour game.

Oh well, back then I was sure SSE was going to be amazing. "It's gonna be a sidescrolling action game with SSB controls, yay!"

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I actually find SSE fun when I play it with a partner. But that's more because of my partner making it fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom