• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stupid/Funny things we said before Brawl came out

Status
Not open for further replies.

LKratos

Smash Cadet
After people playing at demo stations in japan and ****

"Metaknight seems like he'll be high mid-tier or low high-tier."

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
wow, did people miss the point of this thread :/

every post is people trolling "brawl is gonna be good, i cant wait to use ganon's sword". fail. i can't believe people are still *****ing that the developers didnt program in a melee glitch. this is like saying "I HATE POKEMON GOLD/SILVER BECAUSE THEY TOOK OUT MISSNGNO AND NOW I CANT GET INFINITE MASTERBALLS AND RARE CANDY'S!". Wavedashing was a glitch that core players exploited to all hell. It's out now, but Brawl it still a wonderful and fun game. OMG THE PHYSICS AREN'T 100% IDENTICAL TO MELEE. Melee wasn't 64 and Brawl isn't Melee. That's the way it is. Appreciate and enjoy each for what it is. It's fine to have preferences, but Brawl does not "suck" because they took your precious glitch away.

majora_787

Smash Hero

every post is people trolling "brawl is gonna be good, i cant wait to use ganon's sword". fail. i can't believe people are still *****ing that the developers didnt program in a melee glitch. this is like saying "I HATE POKEMON GOLD/SILVER BECAUSE THEY TOOK OUT MISSNGNO AND NOW I CANT GET INFINITE MASTERBALLS AND RARE CANDY'S!". Wavedashing was a glitch that core players exploited to all hell. It's out now, but Brawl it still a wonderful and fun game. OMG THE PHYSICS AREN'T 100% IDENTICAL TO MELEE. Melee wasn't 64 and Brawl isn't Melee. That's the way it is. Appreciate and enjoy each for what it is. It's fine to have preferences, but Brawl does not "suck" because they took your precious glitch away.
"Krystal's voice actress is in, Krystal confirmed."

:p Anyone else remember that?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Anyone remember the demo at some convention and the people here that had hands on experience were talking about how underpowered Meta Knight is?

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
"Krystal's voice actress is in, Krystal confirmed."

:p Anyone else remember that?
LOL! I remember some people wanting to email her to ask her if she used words/phrases or just made noises and grunts in the game, thinking that would allow her to answer without getting around the embargo.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
"Well, we will OBVIOUDLY get more Pokemon and LoZ slots!"

"I wonder what Third generation Pokemon they will pick!?"

link2702

Smash Champion
http://web.archive.org/web/19991117180837/http://smashbros.com/moves_advattacklanding.html

^ not a glitch

try again casuals

how's about you do some research before you spout off.

EDIT:

and i should slap the taste out of your mouth for;

1. seeming to think wavedashing was a glitch when it wasn't, a glitch is an error in programming, not a physics exploit, wavedashing is an exploit in physics, not an actual error in the programming, wavedashing would exist as long as directional airdodges existed, as all it is was using momentum from the airdodge+ the natural physics/traction of characters to slide across the ground.

2. you and all other casuals seem to think that wavedashing is some kind of "godly oped tech that instantly makes you pro" which is BS, wavedashing is situational at best, and some characters have near worthless wavedashes.

Go up against a real melee player and spam wavedashing all day, see what happens, i guarantee you'll do 100x worse then you did without using it. If you don't know just how to use it effectively(which requires other moves on top of it, usually with insane fast reflexes, such as fox's shines) you'll get ***** hard.

people aren't trolling this topic, most of em are actual real legit posts people thought of before brawl was released, most everything in this game didn't live up to expectations, and many players favorites were nerfed to hell, such as ganon or link.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend

1. Wavedashing is not a glitch. L-Cancelling is not a glitch. Very few of the commonly used Melee techniques are glitches.

2. The physics could've been different and I wouldn't have minded, what I mind is the fact that they changed the game to make it much slower and much simpler. Melee players aren't opposed to change, they are opposed to change for the worse in their opinion.

3. I agree though, Brawl doesn't suck. They are both good games, Melee is just better.

link2702

Smash Champion
^well u know as long as the cpu is named luigi he actually can be hard :I

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
link2702, there's seems lot of opinion in your post. Brawl DID live up to a lot of people's expectations. Personally, it is one of my favorite games of all time. Not that I don't still love Melee and 64. I actually prefer that each differs. I'm not telling you to like Brawl over one of the other games, just suggesting to appreciate it for what it is, not what it isnt (melee).

As for the melee advanced techs, perhaps "glitch" wasn't the best word. i just didnt feel like typing "physics exploits", and figured everybody would know what I meant. I'm sorry if I confused anybody with that, it wasn't the intent.

Also, I'm starting to think "core" and "casual" aren't the best way to describe Smash players. I feel the best way is people who play meta-game and advanced techniques (although core and casual may be the easiest way, just like what I did with glitch vs physics exploits). Personally, my friends and I have an absolute blast with Brawl. We consider ourselves to be core gamers, most of us have played games for our entire lives. Hell, one of my friends' parents got her an NES as a baby gift (obviously she had to wait a while to use it lol). We have spent countless hours on the Smash games--i'm talking hundreds of hundreds of hours. And we play very competitively. But we rarely go to tournaments and we like 4-on-4 just as much as 1-on-1, and we tend to play with all items on, including the Smash ball. We have an absolute blast, and I feel "casual" is a way to describe somebody who buys a Wii, enjoys wii sports and mario kart, and maybe rents brawl every once in a while. We have always had a blast playing Smash, but basically only play with each other and the playing field is already level. We've just never bothered to/felt the need to learn the advanced techs. Sure the occasional wavedash or whatnot occurs during melee, but that's about it. Anyway, this isnt really a rant, i just thought about this a while back and saw this as an opportunity to mention it. I dont consider myself casual, but i certainly dont consider myself to be a meta-game player either, aside from occasionally.

ON TOPIC: Not a specific thing said...but remember when Serebii.net (or somebody from there) said that meta-ridley would be playable?

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
Next time you are trying to make a point, try not to insult the Melee players that you obviously don't understand.
and you please try not to act superior to the smash players you dont understand.

sad, but i think it's time this thread is locked. mods, please do the honors if you can.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Why don't you guys stay on topic so the thread doesn't close? Yeesh. Big babies.

Edit: Oh we want it locked? Urm...okay. Nevermind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom