• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stuff About Puff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mahone

Smash Champion
Lol i got pp with the mahone so many times yesterday... It was ****.

Mabye one day ill actually go to a tourament and rep puff hard with.... The Mahone

:phone:

Slhoka

Smash Lord
so i heard tekk just won a big tournament in france

get at the kid
Yeah.
It wasn't a big tournament, but Salepâte, Cyr, Makenshi, porc and Willy were there.

Cyr was doing a perfect in the bracket (beating Tekk 2-0) in winners, and then he lost 3-2 the first GF and 3-1 the second one. It was really sad to see that, especially considering that Cyr almost won the last game of the first GF (at some point on the last stock, if Tekk was like 1 or 2% higher, he would have lost to Samus' Nair).

Oh well, good stuff Tekk, I guess.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Lol i got pp with the mahone so many times yesterday... It was ****.

Mabye one day ill actually go to a tourament and rep puff hard with.... The Mahone

:phone:
I saw your mahone to mahone to mahone metagame advancement....I'm really impressed with how far you came dude!

Also GGs it was fun seeing you dude you'll get me next time =) <3 =O

Mahone

Smash Champion
I saw your mahone to mahone to mahone metagame advancement....I'm really impressed with how far you came dude!

Also GGs it was fun seeing you dude you'll get me next time =) <3 =O
god ****ing damn it.... just like the lion that underestimates the strength of the gazelle, you will soon realize the downside to your cockiness....

@tekk: I'll get to your vids this week... I'm gonna try to do a really good critique this time so it'll take a little longer than usual

Mahone

Smash Champion
wait, isn't the mahone just jab to sidetilt?
lol
i call everything that i do the mahone, hoping that one of them would stick lol....

naw, the real mahone is a pretty sick edgeguard that i invented... the reason i never told you guys is cuz it's hard to explain and i'm not very good at explaining so everyone would just argue and tell me it doesn't work... but its worked on everyone i've played including pp so idk

now i feel like a **** so i'll share one of the other mahone's.... if a falco is trying to disrespect you with downthrow fsmash at 0-mid percents, you can sdi the lasers in and rest them

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I'm sure there is, but I wouldn't know them.

Puff's biggest problems with Sheik have to do with Sheik's needles, Fair, and Bair.

For Sheik Fair I think you can just outspace them with Bair but that's hard. So instead I'd recommend you to crouch and then do WD back / aerial attack / up tilt games with her. She can't Fair to cover all three of them, and you need fewer exchanges to kill her, 'cuz each of those sets up something really gay.

For Sheik Bairs just get under her and aim for the lower leg. Or, if she's delaying them super hard, do the same stuff you'd do against her Fair with the WD back / aerial attack / up tilt. You can also shield grab non-spaced, non-sweetspot Sheik Bairs pretty easily.

Needles I dunno how you're supposed to beat them directly. They don't do as much as you think, though. I think you can block a spray if you get hit by the edge of her SH needle spray (or near the middle of her FJ needle spray range) and then WD back pretty safely most of the time. Blocking needles I think is okay because they have low shield stun. So as long as you move OOS after immediately, they don't really trap Puff.

Everything else can be beaten by Bair or duck --> stuff. If she's grounded, grab her way more than you think you need to. You're basically trying to gimp Sheik the entire game and this MU involves a lot of single hits so grabs are more useful than you think. Especially if they put her near the edge and do like 12%. D-throw is sometimes ridiculous against her.

Figure out how to land B-throws on her and gimp her a lot.

idea

Smash Master
i think an easy mistake puff can make in that matchup is to try to fight her in the air, and that doesn't work nearly as well as wavedashing around until sheik does something punishable. and yeah, intersperse some aerial pressure and uptilts. but not too much. i guess instead of "approaching" you should "hang around near her until you can do something else."

not punishing her hard enough is also bad. puff can kill sheik pretty easily out of a mistake, but before she makes that mistake, sheik can be pretty dangerous.

and yeah, needles aren't so bad, they don't really do anything. they don't force you to approach OR tack on that much damage, unless you run into them. if sheik tries to do needle to grab, just crouch and rest her out of it unless you have full confidence in the other player's timing. if they CAN time that, which is possible but hard, then it's better to put more effort into avoiding the needles entirely. do sheiks actually go for that, though?

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Other big problems most Puffs face vs Sheik include:

~ Not knowing how **** Puff's Uair is.
~ Not grabbing a blocking Sheik.
~ Not knowing how to use D-throw and why it's sometimes AMAZING.
~ Not trolling a blocking Sheik with shenanigans like jab > crouch > wait, and similar.
~ Up tilting Sheik's shield too much, in front of her (shield grab), and when it's too big.
~ Blocking a lot (not an issue in PAL).
~ Being bad at Resting the Poof.

Mahone

Smash Champion
oh really, it felt like you had to sdi the lasers in, but hey youre m2k so i'll take your word for it... i was just testing it with a friend so it wasn't too official lol

idea

Smash Master
The silliest thing I've found with Jigglypuff so far is that Jigglypuff can rest Kirby out of Kirby's fthrow. She gets out of stun way before him until higher percents.

(So do a lot of characters, but they can't explode spontaneously)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom