• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stuff About Puff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
if you want to find me, just look for my avatar.
mahone knows what I'm talking about.

I won't be playing jiggs, but I might be able to help you with stuff.
not that anyone would need my help.

but incase you can't find me:
919 618 4334

Mahone

Smash Champion
if you want to find me, just look for my avatar.
mahone knows what I'm talking about.

I won't be playing jiggs, but I might be able to help you with stuff.
not that anyone would need my help.
Ya ocean is secretly a cat that can use a computer.

Iv'e met it in NC, its actually Drpp's cat.

Republican0fHeaven

Smash Ace
I will have two setups in my room and food to go around (not sure of the room number yet) so once again, if ur looking for some place to relax and play friendlies in a hotel room, keep 724-681-2527

idea

Smash Master
did you know that darkrain has two cats? one's named fox and the other is falco. true story. fox was all fidgety and would spaz out at anything, but falco was just kind of lazy.

at some point someone pointed a laser pointer at the wall and fox was going crazy trying to catch it. but falco was all laid-back, like "yeah, i know exactly what that is :cool:"

Republican0fHeaven

Smash Ace
did you know that darkrain has two cats? one's named fox and the other is falco. true story. fox was all fidgety and would spaz out at anything, but falco was just kind of lazy.

at some point someone pointed a laser pointer at the wall and fox was going crazy trying to catch it. but falco was all laid-back, like "yeah, i know exactly what that is :cool:"
hahahahaha

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
I wonder if he downthrows them anytime they do something wrong.

Kaiasian

Smash Cadet
Hey, question.

How should I DI Marth's down throws?
I've gotten tipped a couple times and I don't know how exactly to DI them. Tips please?

Beanman

Smash Cadet
Having some issues with L-cancels jigs bair and dair. Any suggestions other than more practice? I L-cancel with falco and ganon just fine, so it feels like jigz is just being a snotty *****.

idea

Smash Master
you tell me
:laugh:

you did your best, man. if i were you i think i would have picked FoD though. i thought about it a bit afterward and even though all the neutrals seem pretty bad, at least FoD has a high ceiling and platforms that aren't as easy to move between. he'd be a little more vulnerable any time he came down to one of them.

that's just theory crafting though, idfk anything about young link =/

Having some issues with L-cancels jigs bair and dair. Any suggestions other than more practice? I L-cancel with falco and ganon just fine, so it feels like jigz is just being a snotty *****.
l-cancel it a little later. jiggs is slow.

G

genkaku

Yeah, I was really surprised when Hbox didn't go FoD.
But then, I'm not so great at anything but theorycraft yet, haha.

Mahone

Smash Champion
Fd is good too though, cuz they can't camp platforms, if he went fod, armada would have just camped the top platform.

Personally i think fd is better.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
that was some of the most depressing smash i've ever watched. I mean, props to armada for thinking outside the box to counter HBox, but... man, that must have been frustrating to play.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
idk, armada was running away on the platforms a lot, so it made sense to take the platforms away

i probably would've made the same counterpick *shrug*

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
FD is awesome against peach in my opinion. she can't hide under/above platforms from projectiles, and there's enough room that you can work you way under/above her if you need to run away.

idea

Smash Master
lol, i was also talking to armada afterward. well, our whole group was. he really put in some work learning how to beat jiggs with young link =P i have to respect anyone who dedicates themselves that much to something. summonedfist recorded some of the audio on his phone, i dunno what he's gonna do with it or if you can hear it clearly or not (we were outside walking back from a buffalo wings place).

also i think i'm gonna have to start playing gayer. i made a lot of bad decisions in matches at pound...which could probably have been avoided if i would just let the other person approach more. meh. it's hard to sacrifice fun in the short term for fun in the long term.

ocean - we meant jiggs vs. young link...basically everywhere is good against peach :bee:

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
hey idea, it was nice meeting you. I wish we could have played singles.

mahone can continue to suck my ****.

Mahone

Smash Champion
lol, i was also talking to armada afterward. well, our whole group was. he really put in some work learning how to beat jiggs with young link =P i have to respect anyone who dedicates themselves that much to something. summonedfist recorded some of the audio on his phone, i dunno what he's gonna do with it or if you can hear it clearly or not (we were outside walking back from a buffalo wings place).

also i think i'm gonna have to start playing gayer. i made a lot of bad decisions in matches at pound...which could probably have been avoided if i would just let the other person approach more. meh. it's hard to sacrifice fun in the short term for fun in the long term.

ocean - we meant jiggs vs. young link...basically everywhere is good against peach :bee:
Ya, i felt the exact same way....

I didn't realize how gay people could be until this tournament. I feel like most of the people i lost to (not everyone, a lot of people just outplayed me) just camped the **** out of me and then talked about how gay jiggs is afterwards.

Just look at armada hbox, no one gives a **** that armada camped because hbox plays "so gay".

Anyone who plays jiggs knows that hbox is aggressive as ****. I remember hbox said he was gonna camp the **** out of everyone cuz all commentators do is trash talk him and i was so happy to hear that, but then he played legit as **** against everyone there and just got camped :(

Aar

Smash Cadet

I didn't realize how gay people could be until this tournament. I feel like most of the people i lost to (not everyone, a lot of people just outplayed me) just camped the **** out of me and then talked about how gay jiggs is afterwards.

Just look at armada hbox, no one gives a **** that armada camped because hbox plays "so gay".

Anyone who plays jiggs knows that hbox is aggressive as ****. I remember hbox said he was gonna camp the **** out of everyone cuz all commentators do is trash talk him and i was so happy to hear that, but then he played legit as **** against everyone there and just got camped :(
People should just accept the game, and reacting just because "it's just" something is immature. It is better to just deal with it though.

huMps

Smash Ace
You guys know that your character's unbeatable if "we" don't play like that right? It seems that smart players are starting to make the match just as miserable for the jigs player as it is for them now. Only way to win

idea

Smash Master
hey idea, it was nice meeting you. I wish we could have played singles.

mahone can continue to suck my ****.
thanks, you too. oh yeah, i guess we only did teams friendlies, huh...oh well.

i feel like people care less now, though. like they're getting used to the thought that jiggs is gonna be there at every tournament.

in any case there doesn't have to be three of them in the same pool <___________<

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
why did i say peach i am dumb
i meant jigglypuffers

it's okay juan we still love you

G

genkaku

It's pretty dumb that they used that as a pretext for you slipping, Hbox.
Sometimes they need to close their mouths and watch the screen.

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
it doesn't matter about playstyle

he plays YL so people will cheer for him

literally no matter what

even if he edge stalled for 8 min
as a spectator, it was the most unexpected thing to that point. gotta respect his dedication, and hell, you put that much fear in him to make him practice that matchup for months.

dudutsai

Smash Lord
Cause 3rd place at the biggest tournament ever isn't good? Damn you guys have high expectations. Congrats again, hbox!

EDIT: Also, how do you practice l - canceling dairs? I always miss the l cancel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom