• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Structured Query Thread - R.O.B. Q&A

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Motion to call his new Final Smash the 'Fork in the Node' or 'Fork in the Code' (I can't figure out which is the better pun) after the shape the laser makes:4rob:
I like "Sacred Robot Clobberlaser" myself, but that also works. ;P

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Just a little test for us to do on october third

The myth is to unlock R.O.B outside VS mode is to beat classic with Mr. Game and watch on a intensity of 7.0 or higher.

JAGM-Georgy

Smash Rookie
I have a ask for you, i want to know... Robotic Operating Buddy will be a new invention or innovation for Wii U this year or in the future?

Trekkerjoe

Smash Journeyman
Just a little test for us to do on october third

The myth is to unlock R.O.B outside VS mode is to beat classic with Mr. Game and watch on a intensity of 7.0 or higher.
CharacterHow to unlockVs. Matches RequiredUnlock location (3DS Version)
NessBeat Classic Mode with currently unknown requirements10Magicant
FalcoBeat Classic Mode20Corneria
WarioBeat 100-Man Smash30WarioWare, Inc.
LucinaBeat Classic Mode with currently unknown requirements40Arena Ferox
Dark PitBeat Classic Mode 3 times50Reset Bomb Forest
Dr. MarioBeat Classic Mode with currently unknown requirements60Mushroomy Kingdom
R.O.B.Beat Classic Mode with currently unknown requirements70PictoChat 2
GanondorfBeat Classic Mode with Link80Gerudo Valley
Mr. Game & WatchBeat Classic Mode with currently unknown requirements90Flat Zone 2
Bowser Jr.Beat Classic Mode with Bowser on intensity 7.0 or higher1003D Land
Duck HuntBeat Classic Mode with currently unknown requirements110Battlefield
JigglypuffBeat Classic Mode with currently unknown requirements120Unova Pokémon League
Source: http://www.ssbwiki.com/Unlockable_character#Super_Smash_Bros._for_Nintendo_3DS

It appears this was already disproven. I assume you have to beat classic mode with all of the other retro characters first. Just putting another rumor out there.

I like "Sacred Robot Clobberlaser" myself, but that also works. ;P
Sacred Robot Clobberlaser? sounds cool. Looking forward to the release, so that we can finally learn it's name. In the meantime, I'm sticking with Sacred Robot Clobberlaser.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Sacred Robot Clopperlaser? sounds cool. Looking forward to the release, so that we can finally learn it's name. In the meantime, I'm sticking with Sacred Robot Clobberlaser.
For those who may have missed the reference, it's a joke Palutena makes in Kid Icarus - she names her signature laser atack the "Sacred Goddess Clobberlaser". Girl's got stylish naming conventions, yo.

I have no idea what the Final Smash actually called. I'm just spitballin' here. ;P

Trisongs

Smash Apprentice
I wounder if it could re code a video game to give it self an advantage
Also I know this isn't directed towards Rob but is there a Mii hat of rob like the one in miiverse
A robot that plays video games? Heck, yeah!

EDIT: I wonder how such a device would work.

Last edited:
Wow I'm subscribed to this thread and yet I haven't gotten any notifications

Why didn't any of you tell me? :mad:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I know this probably isn't the best name, but anyone up for the Final Smash being called "Hacked Laser" or something similar to that?

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
R.O.B.'s Final Smash is clearly called R.O.B., for Ridiculously Oversized Beam.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
The expressiveness of the characters in this game is incredible and psycho ROB is one of the best yet - and we all thought villager was scary...

Regarding the name, I expected something a bit more serious like this (of all attempts here I liked "Fork in the Node" best by far) but it's nice to have confirmation. It's also nice to see a picture of the new F-Smash from that Miiverse site. I never realised (and haven't seen anyone selling) just how ridiculous the range on that attack is - it looks at least twice as long as R.O.B. does!

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Again, just pure flipping terror. Nothing invokes more fear in me than imagining waking up to this face staring me in the face. R.O.B. looks like he got a flash upgrade, which I think will lead to more people gravitating towards him. He could even possibly be near or at top tier this time around. The emotions on a character (that character being a robot) that shouldn't even have emotions, is just astounding. I'm going to enjoy R.O.B. this time around even more so than in Brawl. His new quirky animations just add to the fact that he was meant to be played with, but he can be a menacing fighting machine. Wonder when he will actually be confirmed on the site.

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
Again, just pure flipping terror. Nothing invokes more fear in me than imagining waking up to this face staring me in the face. R.O.B. looks like he got a flash upgrade, which I think will lead to more people gravitating towards him. He could even possibly be near or at top tier this time around. The emotions on a character (that character being a robot) that shouldn't even have emotions, is just astounding. I'm going to enjoy R.O.B. this time around even more so than in Brawl. His new quirky animations just add to the fact that he was meant to be played with, but he can be a menacing fighting machine. Wonder when he will actually be confirmed on the site.
Probably under some spoilers section after NA release, like the dojo had,
I think top tier is a little bit of an overestimate. I do not have any doubts he'll be viable, though.

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Yea that doesn't work with ROB. It only works with characters who spawn things in their hands.
Ah, that's a shame. I thought it was to do with throwing it as I had read it was good for Jr.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
*ROB gives a glare that could alone drive one's head in the ground. The fact that he uses his arms is just overkill*

I knew ROB had emotions, even in brawl, but he is certainly more expressive this time around.

Just wondering, who do you think as the better death stare, Luigi, or ROB?
R.O.B doesn't have a death stare, he's just straight up pissed.

Trekkerjoe

Smash Journeyman
R.O.B doesn't have a death stare, he's just straight up pissed.
You know what, that makes a lot more sense. Although, A lot of the cast will glare at each-other when attacking, even Pikachu does it. Does Luigi even have a death stare in this game?
Definitely going to take the time to snap pictures of all the casts' expressions, seem pretty amusing so far.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
You know what, that makes a lot more sense. Although, A lot of the cast will glare at each-other when attacking, even Pikachu does it. Does Luigi even have a death stare in this game?
Definitely going to take the time to snap pictures of all the casts' expressions, seem pretty amusing so far.
Luigi doesn't have a death stare type thing here, as far as I'm aware (since he's really goofy in Smash), but he sort of had one in that AKB48 Smash Bros trailer.

The only character who I've seen have anything like Luigi's MK8 death stare is Rosalina, and only in the Wii U version:

Speaking of which, I now can't wait to see R.O.B in HD.

Meta_Ridley

Smash Journeyman
So I was watching Shofu's Duck Hunt vid and he got 2-0'd by a ROB, it was pretty hilarious. The laser charges a LOT faster than it did in Brawl.

Oh man oh man I'm so excited for the game to come out and to figure out who to main

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
So I was watching Shofu's Duck Hunt vid and he got 2-0'd by a ROB, it was pretty hilarious. The laser charges a LOT faster than it did in Brawl.

Oh man oh man I'm so excited for the game to come out and to figure out who to main
Could you link me to the video? I've watched most ROB footage I can find but don't recall seeing that one.

Trekkerjoe

Smash Journeyman

You should link the video in the video thread.

Could you link me to the video? I've watched most ROB footage I can find but don't recall seeing that one.
you mean this video? Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AU4XdZIVuMI&list=UUbr6TI0Mujw2iFAQE4R8yrQ Begins on 28:50.

Last edited:

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
It seems that R.O.B.'s default outfit in the Western countries is how he appeared here:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
It seems that R.O.B.'s default outfit in the Western countries is how he appeared here:
Not something I expected (didn't expect the default colours to change, especially as I don't remember them doing it in Brawl) but it's a cool nod. I guess with Brawl they didn't do it because changing the default colours would mean editing a load of SSE cutscenes which would be more hassle than it's worth.

I doubt I'll be using either colours though - blue or the new red/black are my clear favourites.

New thing I was wondering: does ROB's new F-Smash count as a projectile i.e. can it be reflected, pocketed, and so on?

Last edited:
Top Bottom