• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Street Fighter

The Jive Professor

Smash Apprentice
Chun's standing Fierce is more ridiculous, in my opinion.

I actually played someone with a really good Twelve today, and it just made me love 3s even more.

I would love to learn ST, but noone around here knows it or plays it, so I'm out of luck if I want to learn. Lack of Competition = Scrub tier playing, at best.

rockman2k1

Smash Journeyman
I don't understand why Capcom couldn't get arcade perfect ports to the consoles right the first time. ST has been on how many consoles and it's only getting a perfect arcade port only recently? And 3S, Dreamcast had some issues with some of the other characters that weren't in the arcade version. Oh man, and don't get me started on the Alpha games. Why did it take them so long? <.<
There really is'nt a such thing as arcade perfect ports. lol

But it's all hardware based. Until the last few console releases, there really has'nt been a way to get any kind of decent port. But Saturn, Dreamcast, and PS2 have changed that in a way. Super Turbo has been on many consoles like you said, but they were Playstation (which lacks RAM for 2D based games) Saturn (which seems to be on par with the Dreamcast when it comes to converting CPS2 games, although Super Turbo still came out pretty bad, infact, worse than it's Playstation counterpart) 3DO (have'nt played this version, but I hear it's just too dumb) and then there is AE, which, should'nt come as a surprise that the ST characters are;nt 100 percent accurate. Dreamcast is also a decent port, but for some reason, the character sprites are slightly bigger than the CPS2 counterpart. You also have to mess around with the dipswitch settings to make it more accurate to the arcade (and this is'nt the default)

Also, there are differences between the US and Japanese versions of ST. And even though Sirlin says that ST will be arcade perfect, I'm kinda skeptical that it'll be arcade perfect, I'm pretty sure there will be a dozen or so complaints of how ST is off on Capcom Classics 2. lol I just hope it's tourney worthy if it turns out not to be a perfect port.

Another reason I would say that many games are'nt close to their arcade counterparts is because of system engines. 3S on DC is probably the way it is because of the fact that DC is Naomi friendly, and 3S is a CPS3 title. Hell, I would'nt be surprised if people tried to look for differences between the DC to Arcade for 2nd Impact and New Gen.

As for the Alpha games, agian, before Alpha 3, there was'nt really any good systems to port the previous Alphas on. There was really only PS and Saturn, but they could'nt seem to port those correctly either, and who knows for what reasons.

And looking at all of the current games. There are only a handful of well ported games.

3rd Strike (PS2): Nearly perfect, runs slightly faster than it's arcade counterpart, and there is something random with Uriens Agies Reflector doing something like 1 more point damage or something. Realisticly one of Capcom's best ports.

Alpha 3 (PS2): Agian, supposedly close to perfect. (from what I read on SRK, Daigo said something about it not feeling perfect, but really close) You also have to mess around with dipswitches to help close the gaps.

MvC2 (DC): Agian, close to perfect. People like to say that Sentinals unfly combo's are easier in arcade (maybe due to DC running MvC2 faster than the arcade?) Also, certain graphical glitches do not occur on Dreamcast compared to arcade, and certain glitches are fixed in the DC version, and/or there are even different Dreamcast versions, with different glitches (I know there is a few Japanese versions in where 2P has stricter timing for canceling Sentinals Rocket Punch to Hyper Sentinal Force)

CvS2(PS2): Practically perfect, however, runs slightly slower than it's arcade counterpart (which can allow for easier roll canceling), and character sprites are slightly bigger. However, it hardly noticeable.
(DC): As far as I know, it feels perfect. Runs at the same framerate, and does'nt suffer from the bigger sprites like the PS2 version does.

And linking in ST is real fun! :)

Ky Kiske

Smash Ace
All of that is good to know. Was there any news about the Xbox version of 3rd Strike?

There was this huge gap of time where I was unable to play any arcade version of a SF game so I was kinda limited to the SNES versions. Looking back on those, there were soooo many things missing and so many things you could do there but not in the arcade. lol

The Jive Professor

Smash Apprentice
The Xbox version of 3s isn't perfect, it feels like it goes just a bit too fast, but regardless I know the PS2 port is better.

I had always heard that the Dreamcast port of ST had smaller sprites than the arcade, not bigger ones, 'course it's a moot point.

rockman2k1

Smash Journeyman
IIRC, XBox version of 3S is slightly faster than the PS2 version. All I know is that I had a much harder time hit confirming on XBox version.

As for ST, I kept hearing that it was bigger. But meh, whatever. No one plays that version from what I hear.

The Jive Professor

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, it's not like it particularly matters, I was just curious. I'm no ST afficiando, and all I know is that I HEARD that, I've got nothing to back it up. Plus AE is EVO's version anyway, so that's what folks will play.

The rumors of my Jonesing Turkeyness have been greatly exaggerated.

In defense the XBox version of 3s, it does have online play. If you can get a good connection it's a great way to get your fix. If you get a typical or bad connection, it's utterly frustrating and infuriating.

OneWingSephiroth

Smash Journeyman
I've played on the Xbox 3S version before with T1 connection at my buddies dorm, there was alot of times where when I used Ken, and I connected with a c.mk, yet when I tried to Shippu right after...it didn't happen. After a few more unsuccessful tries, I started to think it was me, then my buddy told me, that in order for it to work sometimes, or many times, you have to do it before you even see the c.mk connect. I was like...wtf?!, I tried what he said, and lord and behold, it worked...also, when it lags...it sucks...for me personally, I'm going to stay away from online play, until they get a "100%" perfect connection...nothings worse then losing because of lag.

ST during it's time was popular, however 3S or ST where definetly nowhere near the popularity that WW, CE, and Hyper for sure, or any fighting game ever for that matter. AE was actually one of the better shows at Evo, because it was fast paced, aggressive, and had character variety in the final 8, which appealed to players. Even if they do have this ST port, I would hope that they continue to have AE for next year's Evo2k7, and I've already stated my reasons why I prefer AE over ST.

On Alpha, I never liked the Alpha series at all, the only one I really played alot was Alpha2, CC Ryu FTW! I played A3 for a bit, however with the release of MvC2 shortly after A3, I dumped that and went straight into MvC2. I never really got to play SFIII a whole lot, I didn't like how it was at first, for so many reasons...I'll state here and now...

1. I didn't like the watered down fireballs, especially for the shotokan's
2. Too dependant upon "Super Specials" for your damage
3. Parrying, this weakened fireball games by a huge margin, and also shut down alot of corner traps, which in SF2 where tough as nails to try and get out of.

However, I excepted that SFIII was a different game and thus, played it as such, and enjoyed started to enjoy it, however if I was to say anything, SF2 is still my #1 favorite. AE imo is disliked because many feel that CE. Bison is too cheap...which he is easily the most overpowered character in the game, however it seems as though everyone forgot that Shoto's, Guile, and Even Vega can fight him very well, especially the older shoto's and the older Guiles. Also from the tournament results, it has proven at least once, that the game can be competetive, even with the ability to choose everyone, AE to me has alot of potential, however I guess only OG players will really dig it, while the newer FG generation players really won't take into it.

Ky Kiske

Smash Ace
Well, with parrying, it's actually a double edged sword. They just wanted to make it so that the game wasn't always in favor of the attacker and that the defender wasn't always helpless. If you try to parry and you guess wrong, you will be punished. Corner traps were good but fireball trapping just seemed to get pretty stale after a while. It's kinda obsolete in fighting games now. All parry really did was add another layer of depth to an existing engine. But you've already stated your reasons for like SF2 better so I won't debate it.

The Jive Professor

Smash Apprentice
Fireballs aren't traps any more, but they are a fantastic poke that many characters lack access to in 3s. Just because they are LESS effective in 3s doesn't mean they're INeffective.

OneWingSephiroth

Smash Journeyman
Fireballs aren't traps any more, but they are a fantastic poke that many characters lack access to in 3s. Just because they are LESS effective in 3s doesn't mean they're INeffective.
That is true, however, since me being more of the lover of SF2 more so then SF3, I don't really like what they did to the fireball being only more of a "poke" when comparing it to it's oldschool counterpart which was an actual obstacle.

The Jive Professor

Smash Apprentice
It's all personal taste, really, though I enjoy them both for different reasons.

KOF XI is fantastic. We played about two dozen matches last night, and the team system is very well done. Terry/Ralf/Duck > You

The Jive Professor

Smash Apprentice
This is true...but she doesn't have a blue-and-yellow mohawk. Also, she refuses to come on, come on, and get serious. OKAY!

OneWingSephiroth

Smash Journeyman
Hyper SF2

By the way.

Any one in the western washington area that plays 3S, CvS2 or Super Turbo, hit me up! :chuckle:
Hyper SF2 to me was the single best version out of the entire oldschool SF2 series, my all time favorite.

Ps: Let's try to keep the subject to SF related stuff;)

Omeganon

Smash Apprentice
worst thing of street fighter games is the ****ing charge of 2 sec (example characters as guile - balrog - vega - M. Bison) the cpu never make a charge, it launches 2 sonic boom in less of that 2 sec, that's a shame. but personally I love it, Akuma - Gouki rulz

The Jive Professor

Smash Apprentice
does anyone know if they are any tournaments for Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike that allow the system directory to be used and not set to default.
Never heard of one.

worst thing of street fighter games is the ****ing charge of 2 sec (example characters as guile - balrog - vega - M. Bison) the cpu never make a charge, it launches 2 sonic boom in less of that 2 sec,

Walk-up flash kick is so broken it makes me weep.

Oh, and for anyone interested, Capcom Classics Vol II is going to have the first ever arcade-perfect port of ST. Rejoice!

OneWingSephiroth

Smash Journeyman
worst thing of street fighter games is the ****ing charge of 2 sec (example characters as guile - balrog - vega - M. Bison) the cpu never make a charge, it launches 2 sonic boom in less of that 2 sec, that's a shame. but personally I love it, Akuma - Gouki rulz
Well, only the cpu can do this, and the cpu has been known to do this to high degrees of frustration. Back in SF2:WW, this was the most overpowered M. Bison ever, he had no charge knee presses that could keep you in block stun, and if it connected once, he could do it instantly and make you dizzy, not to mention you lost more than half your life as well, and of course characters like Guile could shoot sonicbooms and keep up a fireball fight with you even though your characters like Ryu, Ken or Sagat, so yep, the cpu's are known to not have the no charge handicaps.

However, the whole concept of the 2 second charge is very key as well, I mean, just imagine if Guile didn't need to have 2 second charges for his sonicboom or flash kick...the guy would've been Top Tier in everysingle SF2 version, because he has almost instant recovery from his sonic booms, and his flash kick, although not as effective as his sb would've been incredibly powerful w/o 2 second charges.

About the system direction 3S tournament, I highly doubt there has been any, and if there is, it's within a small group of a fighting game community or just among friends. Because by altering the game, your changing how the game is played drastically, which is why you don't see any tournaments of such kind. I mean, take for example in the extra options menu, your allowed to add more stocks and make bar's larger, this alone can make characters who weren't as strong, even stronger.

Say someone like Ryu, he's already a solid character, and is ranked within middle tier. However if you allow the ability to have 1 more extra stock, this can make Ryu a powerhouse, because now he will have 2-Stock ShinShoryuken, or 2-Stock Denjin...and anyone can guess just how much of an improvement this can be, because Shinshoryuken wasn't that great because you only had 1 long stock, so you had almost 0 ex-options, however with 2 stocks, you can basically use ex, yet be capable of landing a Shinsho in the match or what about having to up against a Ryu with 2 fully stocked Shinsho's...that's just crazy, and with the return of 2 stocks, this makes 2-stock Denjin Ryu almost equivelant to his 2I counterpart, which is extremely powerful, 2 fully stocked denjin connected ='s 1 free round basically.

My friends and I where messing around with the extra options and the sys. directions, and we happened to turn off parry for one session. LOL, this made Denjin-Ryu Top Tier, every knock down(Only a few characters can get away from a knock down Denjin setup..Yang being one if he has a full meter and is using SAII), every buffered Hadouken was guaranteed Stun Damage, this was just sick and funny, but yeah, it seems like almost pratically everything we did, my Ryu seemed to only gain advantages, Gouki is also extremely powerful with no parry, because his aerial fireball becomes a very dominant and powerful tool, and since it makes Gouki's rushdown game even more powerful not to mention more difficult to counter.

Having an extra stock is also pretty crazy, because a character like Makoto becomes even better as well(not like she needed it, really) because her SAI which was only one stock, is now 2 stocks, allowing her ex-options and yet the ability to utilize her powerful SAI in the process, of course as stated above, Ryu benefits greatly from an extra stock.

All Super's Allowed was fun too because now Chunli has her SAI as an AA, so this can be a good tool up against Yun and even Yang, since one of her problems with fighting Yun was not having a proper AA for his dive kicks. Gouki has advantages from this as well, since he of course has the largest list of SA's and having them all obviously doesn't lower his gameplay but only improves it, and Ryu is a no brainer, Shinku, Shinsho, Denjin all in one, this is just too good.

I noticed things like no gaining meter with wiffed attacks can lower advantages for some characters like Yun who can build alot of meter from wiffed attacks, and if you increase the bar, Genei-Jin isn't as spammable as before, and although the bar is longer Genei-Jin only last slightly longer not enough for it to benefit from the longer meter and of course the no gaining meter from wiffed attacks makes it more difficult.

I honestly thought a character like Chunli "would" lose some potential from the no gaining meter from wiffed attacks, yet even though this tones her down from gaining meter by spamming regular attacks, she is still strong.

But yeah, like I said, this is what system direction can do, it greatly alters the game, reasons why you don't see any tournaments held for it. Still in my opinion, it's fun to mess around with it once in a while and experiment.

The Jive Professor

Smash Apprentice
Maaaaaaaaajor snip
Everything you're saying is accurate, but the quickest explanation is that system direction changes the game from how it was in the arcade. Therefore it is not tournament worthy, in the community's eyes. It has been debated to death whether or not system direction would balance the game, but the general consensus is that the game would become wildly unbalanced (compared to vanilla 3s).

shinehex

Smash Lord
Long Island, New York (If you want to smash contac
Well, only the cpu can do this, and the cpu has been known to do this to high degrees of frustration. Back in SF2:WW, this was the most overpowered M. Bison ever, he had no charge knee presses that could keep you in block stun, and if it connected once, he could do it instantly and make you dizzy, not to mention you lost more than half your life as well, and of course characters like Guile could shoot sonicbooms and keep up a fireball fight with you even though your characters like Ryu, Ken or Sagat, so yep, the cpu's are known to not have the no charge handicaps.

However, the whole concept of the 2 second charge is very key as well, I mean, just imagine if Guile didn't need to have 2 second charges for his sonicboom or flash kick...the guy would've been Top Tier in everysingle SF2 version, because he has almost instant recovery from his sonic booms, and his flash kick, although not as effective as his sb would've been incredibly powerful w/o 2 second charges.

About the system direction 3S tournament, I highly doubt there has been any, and if there is, it's within a small group of a fighting game community or just among friends. Because by altering the game, your changing how the game is played drastically, which is why you don't see any tournaments of such kind. I mean, take for example in the extra options menu, your allowed to add more stocks and make bar's larger, this alone can make characters who weren't as strong, even stronger.

Say someone like Ryu, he's already a solid character, and is ranked within middle tier. However if you allow the ability to have 1 more extra stock, this can make Ryu a powerhouse, because now he will have 2-Stock ShinShoryuken, or 2-Stock Denjin...and anyone can guess just how much of an improvement this can be, because Shinshoryuken wasn't that great because you only had 1 long stock, so you had almost 0 ex-options, however with 2 stocks, you can basically use ex, yet be capable of landing a Shinsho in the match or what about having to up against a Ryu with 2 fully stocked Shinsho's...that's just crazy, and with the return of 2 stocks, this makes 2-stock Denjin Ryu almost equivelant to his 2I counterpart, which is extremely powerful, 2 fully stocked denjin connected ='s 1 free round basically.

My friends and I where messing around with the extra options and the sys. directions, and we happened to turn off parry for one session. LOL, this made Denjin-Ryu Top Tier, every knock down(Only a few characters can get away from a knock down Denjin setup..Yang being one if he has a full meter and is using SAII), every buffered Hadouken was guaranteed Stun Damage, this was just sick and funny, but yeah, it seems like almost pratically everything we did, my Ryu seemed to only gain advantages, Gouki is also extremely powerful with no parry, because his aerial fireball becomes a very dominant and powerful tool, and since it makes Gouki's rushdown game even more powerful not to mention more difficult to counter.

Having an extra stock is also pretty crazy, because a character like Makoto becomes even better as well(not like she needed it, really) because her SAI which was only one stock, is now 2 stocks, allowing her ex-options and yet the ability to utilize her powerful SAI in the process, of course as stated above, Ryu benefits greatly from an extra stock.

All Super's Allowed was fun too because now Chunli has her SAI as an AA, so this can be a good tool up against Yun and even Yang, since one of her problems with fighting Yun was not having a proper AA for his dive kicks. Gouki has advantages from this as well, since he of course has the largest list of SA's and having them all obviously doesn't lower his gameplay but only improves it, and Ryu is a no brainer, Shinku, Shinsho, Denjin all in one, this is just too good.

I noticed things like no gaining meter with wiffed attacks can lower advantages for some characters like Yun who can build alot of meter from wiffed attacks, and if you increase the bar, Genei-Jin isn't as spammable as before, and although the bar is longer Genei-Jin only last slightly longer not enough for it to benefit from the longer meter and of course the no gaining meter from wiffed attacks makes it more difficult.

I honestly thought a character like Chunli "would" lose some potential from the no gaining meter from wiffed attacks, yet even though this tones her down from gaining meter by spamming regular attacks, she is still strong.

But yeah, like I said, this is what system direction can do, it greatly alters the game, reasons why you don't see any tournaments held for it. Still in my opinion, it's fun to mess around with it once in a while and experiment.
That was 6 minutes of my life...any way thanx...I think:chuckle:

Ky Kiske

Smash Ace
Some guys on SRK were thinking of ways to use system direction to balance the game and it seems that the only thing that they can agree on is the no meter gain from whiffing moves. It makes sense though. Yun/Chun matches wouldn't be nearly as boring if they didn't stay back and spam whiffed normals all day. Chun Li being strong even without gaining meter from whiffs isn't so bad since she'd at least have to work for it, same with Yun.

The Jive Professor

Smash Apprentice
The problem derives mainly from Super Arts. Not all supers were created equal, and even though vanilla 3s isn't the most balanced in terms of SAs (coughGENEIJINcough) the 'everyone gets two bars' business is a bit ridiculous.

Ky Kiske

Smash Ace
Before I left town, I managed to dig up my copy of Double Impact. By George Ryu DOES have a 2-stock Denjin. o.O And he wasn't considered top tier then? Ken seems to have all the same shenanigans that he does in 3rd Strike, yet why wasn't he considered really good in that game?

OneWingSephiroth

Smash Journeyman
Before I left town, I managed to dig up my copy of Double Impact. By George Ryu DOES have a 2-stock Denjin. o.O And he wasn't considered top tier then? Ken seems to have all the same shenanigans that he does in 3rd Strike, yet why wasn't he considered really good in that game?
Remember alot of my stuff is running off from vague memory...

Believe it or not, Sean was the strongest Shoto (outside of Gouki in 2I of course) in 2ndImpact. Sean was powerful in NG and 2I, if you even test his "shoryuken" it's a good testament, not to mention, the sheer amount of damage the guy could do, he was extremely powerful. Ken wasn't as good because Shippu-Jinrai didn't have all of the crazy link up properties that it does in 3S, not to mention shippu wasn't 3 stocks like how it is in 3S either...I don't remember anymore on how big the bar was either, but I do remember people using Shinryuken alot in here though.

Ryu was arguably the 4th best character in the entire game, the only three that I can say who where better than Ryu overall in 2I was definetly Ibuki and Gouki, and imo Sean as well. Ryu was strong because 2I had a more flexible combo/link system again if I remember correctly, not to mention with 2 fully stocked Denjin, he was capable of dealing out tremendous damage/stun damage as well as being capable of having ex-options. If someone has the 2I game, if my memory is playing out right, I believe 2Stock Denjin in 2I actually has a shorter bar than the 1stock Denjin in 3S now, which if correct, would also be another reason why Ryu was stronger in 2I when compared to his 3S counterpart. The Tier list for 2I would've went somewhere along the lines of 1. Ibuki 2. Akuma 3. Sean 4. Ryu and so forth.

Ibuki and Gouki where definetly the Top of the list though. Ibuki imo, and in many players as well was the single best character overall in the game, her SAI or Kasumi Suzaku was ridiculously good in this version, it has the AHVB affect(still does in 3S but doesn't have all the goodies afterwards like the 2I version), where like if you do the tiger knee motion twice while doing this attack, Ibuki just does the special slightly off the ground, and it comes out fast! It was dangerous on wiffs/punishers especially, but what made it even more powerful was the mere fact that after SAI landed, the opponent would slightly bounce upward from the special, allowing Ibuki to combo more after the SAI connected...this lead to some pretty ridiculous stuff.

Gouki, I just remember that he didn't sport the wuss like defense and stun bar that he has now in 3S(which btw, plays a crucial reason why he's not at the creme of the top, if he had normal stunbar and life, he would be a far better character in 3S), and his dive kick had extremely high priority, far more so then his 3S counterpart, which made his rushdown game vicious. That's all I can really remember, but yep, in 2I, Ryu was definetly better than Ken, and Sean was better than both Ryu or Ken. 2I is a hate/love, some people stake that it was too broken to be played because of the Ibuki/Gouki tatics that where being implored...however in my opinion, I believe that if the game would've been played longer (I believe it only had a one year long, or slightly beyond that of serious play) then other things would've been found, and Ibuki and Gouki would still be dominant, but I don't think not as badly as they are left as now...although I have to admit, Ibuki was mad crazy with some of the combos she could do...I swear sometimes it looked like she was using the Marvel vs. Capcom 2 game engine in 2I.

2I was a great game imo, however 3S came not to long after 2I, so the game was short lived.

The Jive Professor

Smash Apprentice
Yep, that was back when Sean was good. It wasn't just the damage he did, it was the stun that came with it. The man dizzied like crazy. Not to mention that second hit in his anti-air was beast.

Ibuki/Akuma were top, easy, with most folks siding with Ibuki at the top of the heap.

Ken wasn't top tier in 2I mainly because his big difference in 3s is the 3-stock SA3. He's the most "balanced" character, meaning he has no real overwhelming advantages but there's just no situation where he's out of his element. With three stock for SA3 he becomes a powerhouse because he tosses them around like firecrackers on the 4th.

Ky Kiske

Smash Ace
I just watched some 2I videos, Ken still does have a 3-stock SA3. The meter size looks about the same but I guess that could be wrong because the meter design in 2I is different from 3S. But Ryu's 2-stock Denjin meter size does indeed look shorter than it does in 3S. I watched a few Sean matches of NG and ****, low mk into hurricane kick does insane damage. Get hit by that combo twice, and you're stunned. o.O

OneWingSephiroth

Smash Journeyman
Okay...given this video isn't 3S, however since it is SFIII 2nd Impact and it does pertain to SFIII, I would post it here rather than make a completely new thread to it...but here's a combo video of Ibuki laying the smackdown and some nice flashes of why she was #1 in 2I and almost anyone would agree that if it was her 2I version in 3S, she would be able to walk among the Top 3 in 3S as well...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=im8JiVnrRxI

Just how good was Sean in 2I? Hehehehehe...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBTuCHzZdl0

Would be great if someday Capcom made a SFIII:AE as well...I would've loved to have seen the strong characters of NG/2I/3S going at it...and it would actually make it more diverse in the tournaments too, instead of seeing Yun/Chun/Ken majority of times, you would have Sean, Ibuki, Ryu, and Gouki in the frey as well.

OneWingSephiroth

Smash Journeyman
You know, the more I play HSF2:AE and trying to dictate which Ryu overall is the best, my thoughts never really changed much through the years I've been playing it. I've always felt that Turbo Ryu was the best Ryu overall, however I switched over to believing that Ce. Ryu was better because he had better damage potential. But my idea's are now switching back over to T.Ryu because although T. Ryu doesn't do quite as much damage, he however has the aerial hurricane kick which to me gives throws him up a notch higher than Ce. Ryu.

For instance, I've saved my sorry *** on more than one occassion on bigger characters such as Sagat when I would do an early jump kick attack. This is usually the tatic employed to stuff Sagat's Tiger Uppercut but even if Sagat his stuffed, he can recover faster and throw you by the time you land, but with T. Ryu if I land the jump in, I can instantly cancel it into the hurricane kick, allowing for a full two in one...yes, it's an old tatic, however an old tatic that I completely forgot how useful it was against the taller characters in OG SF2.

So to me, T.Ryu overall is the best Ryu followed by Ce. Ryu and St. Ryu...I will probably post more stuff about this later.

Ky Kiske

Smash Ace
How the hell do you cancel multiple crouching lk into a super? The ST engine doesn't allow you to cancel an attack that has been chained into itself. =\ One of the guidebooks said that cr.lk(x3) -> super was one of Ryu's best combos in ST but I can't do it. >.< Some people say that it doesn't work all the time even if your execution is perfect.

OneWingSephiroth

Smash Journeyman
I don't usually get to link Shinkuu-Hadouken in a combo all that often, it's usually out of the blew for a counterattack. Jabs have been toned down in the ST game engine period, things like short, short, Hadouken where even hard to do during the Ce/Hyper days, something that looks as simple as a c.lk, s.fp, fp Hadouken is tough to get the timing down, however it's one of Ryu's bread and butter during Ce/Hyper. I've never understood how people could get c.lkx2, s.fp, into fp Hadouken...that's just tough...usually after the second c.lk I get pushed too far away and just completely wiff with the s.fp, but I've seen top players do it though:ohwell: .

I don't know too much about that c.lkx3>Shinkuu but I usually if ever link the Shinkuu off of a jump in, or else a c.mk into Shinkuu.

Ky Kiske

Smash Ace
c.mk -> super is WAY too hard in ST. Lots of times I try to do it with Ryu I end up getting Shoryu instead for whatever reason. Even when I try buffering I still have lots of issues.

Top Bottom