• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Street Fighter IV *Super, AE and Ver.2012*

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
@ETWIST
Fuerte's footsies definitely exist. The dashing is similar to Melee's dash dancing and the guy centers on punishment and feints which are footsies for the most part. It's different from other characters, but it exists.

Cam3ron

Smash Cadet
Honestly, I hate rog. So I'm down to nerf the **** out of him, I definitely think he's a lil too brain dead. Akuma vs rog isn't my favorite match up either ;_; We'll see though.

I didn't mean to say "why roggy pooh"

WHY don't you play rog anymore?
This. Maining cody i hate playing against rog.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
btw, I know that Balrog and Guile are reliant on fundamentals, but theirs are so strong that you have to drop them depending on who you are.

And wtf, Balrog has stupid rushdown that's as good as his defense.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
And wtf, Balrog has stupid rushdown that's as good as his defense.
Yeah, but Cody really doesn't have to worry about Balrog's mixups when Cody gets knocked down.
Well, he still does, but it's not nearly as bad as when he's facing other characters.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Do you guys think people will still be playing this once Marvel comes out? I hope so.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm a little concerned as my Louisiana scene is looking to play Marvel more than Street Fighter. That's assuming I'm interpreting their posts right.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
Sf4 is still too scrub-friendly. Not to mention what Minato said, they're two different games<3

edit: What I meant by this is that ppl will still play sf4, I actually really enjoy the game.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I might. Probably not, but I might. And cody gets ****ed up by the COMBINATION of rushdown and mix ups. Akuma, Bison, and ESP ****ING ABEL ****ed his **** up.

kr3wman

Smash Master
Evil ryu is basically akuma but better.

Oni seems like... a character that doesn't fit the game lol. Air Dash?

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Air dash? Really? Air dash?

It's a good thing I'm too hyped about MvC3 to care about this game or else I'd be really pissed off.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I mean, THEY ARE WASTES OF SPOTS THAT ARE GOING TO MAKE RANKED MODE 10 TIMES WORSE. They look broken so say good bye to comp play. Oni would be pretty cool for comp but Evil Ryu is Akuma.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Man, these two characters don't fit SSFIV at all. But I do want to try them out.
Oni Akuma looks pretty awesome with his new moves.

Cam3ron

Smash Cadet
Oni Akuma looks like a character that should be in TvC with that air dashing. Evil Ryu looks cool tho.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Ugh. b**** b**** b****.

That's all I hear. Goodbye competitive scene? No. Ban if it's so bad. Simple as that. They did it for Akuma in Street Fighter II and they could do it here too.

you guys are spoiled if you're so mad over this. We've got so many characters already. Two spots taken by superpowered badass versions of two existing characters isn't the end of the world. Have fun with it or, y'know, ignore them.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
Yeah I'm not really hating on them at all :| Oni akuma looks pretty ****in unique... which could turn out lame.
sf4 characters
But evil ryu looks like loads of fun :3

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I said goodbye to competitive play because theyre gonna get banned. Which is gay. And I dont like them because
1.If they arent banned then why use ol' Ryu and Akuma when you can have better versions and
2. If they are banned then whats the point?

It was the same deal with infernape and Blaziken. Infernape was just an all around BETTER Blaziken. At least you could say "well I play Blaziken cuz I like Blaziken" but you cant now because theyre the same characters. But w/e Im over it, yay to more shotos but instead with get more annoying and reatarded versions. OOoooo neat.

Edit: i didnt mean to post the first time and this was meant to be an edit but whatever swf mobile weird sometimes.

Umm to answer your question I meant goodbye to evolving Oni Akumas and Evil Ryus metagame. Like, im not talkin about ALL competitive play Im just talkin about competitive play for just them.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Ahhh, I can see part of where you're driving at. I myself, though playing in a competitive aspect, just take a more simple approach in that if they look awesome or if I like the character, I'll just play them. But that's just me.

Hahah, the Pokémon analogy is so true too. I like Blaziken, but then Infernape comes along.

stupid stealth rock keeping Charizard at the bottom of the food chain.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
Twist is just hating 'cause Cody didn't get faster walkspeed ;_; jay kay jay kay<3

evil/oni look so much different from their original versions...so who knows if they're actually "better". Evil ryu might be better then regular ryu, but still not everyone is going to want to deal with 850 health, or whatever his health is at.

^^Theory AE fighter.. ef'n sick.

whatever though, this sure got me more hyped for AE.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Yeah, at the end of the day I wont care much. Yeah I would be pissed if one of them took Uriens spot but Ill never know that. This does basically deconfirm Sean tho which makes me a sad panda. Evil Ryu and some made up SSJAkuma has more priority then him. Damn capcom.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
It was the same deal with infernape and Blaziken. Infernape was just an all around BETTER Blaziken. At least you could say "well I play Blaziken cuz I like Blaziken" but you cant now because theyre the same characters.
It's funny because in Gen V Blaziken gets Speed Boost and access to Baton Pass and becomes superior to Infernape in Pretty much every way.

lololol

stupid stealth rock keeping Charizard at the bottom of the food chain.
Charizard actually gets Solar Power in Gen V, so not only does he lose half his health from Stealth Rock but he also loses 6% of his health every turn in Sun.

lolololololololololol

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Air dashes, giant fireballs from the sky, launching people into the air and making craters with their body, more teleports....

This is a god damn DBZ game

Gates

Banned via Warnings
.....god what bull****. /sadface

Solar Power would be AWESOME for Charizard if Stealth Rock had been nerfed and worked differently.
Stealth Rock was nerfed in the sense that it's not a TM anymore.

Air dashes, giant fireballs from the sky, launching people into the air and making craters with their body, more teleports....

This is a god damn DBZ game
Dan has always had a Goku costume.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Okay, I get that people want their favorite characters added, but what's with hoping for more SF 3 characters? We're already getting Third Strike Online.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Because theyre amazing? I would give away half of this crappy cast for Urien.

Plus some people like the 3S character designs and but like SSF4 more than 3S. Nobody ever thinks of that before they say go back if you wanna play those chars. Sometimes you wanna see em in a new light.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I really just santed to see more original characters in SSFIV.

And no, evil versions of Ryu and Akuma do not count as original characters. Try harder Capcom.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
I wouldn't consider Oni another shoto, more like an upgraded Gouken.

btw, check this out guys http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4k3dsnWvFAc&hd=1#t=4m20s at about 4:25 check out the bisons emblem, look like anyone important? <3

also, from watchin lots of oni/evil matches... Oni has some weird ****. He can air demon, air u1, ground u1, and I guess he can also shoot his u1 straight up if he's on the ground.

Top Bottom