• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Street Fighter IV *Super, AE and Ver.2012*

Masmasher@

Smash Lord
Cleveland, Ohio! my homeplace but for now living i
You mean like basically the Playstation controller?
yep
i mean i understand that you know...the companies wanna be original and all but the control placement on the xbox is silly.
playstation has the analog and the d pad in the right place so you can play fighting games at a decent level while not sacrifising anything for shooting games. i could play halo and street fighter on that controller

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
It irks me to no end that people think the 360 controller is bad because the d-pad is bad. THE ANALOGUE STICK IS WHAT MAKES IT SO GOOD.

Also, a lot of people on SRK are douchebags and the site is very unorganized compared to SWF. You may have a difficult time getting the info you want.
I always used the analog stick before I switched and when my stick was broken. Even then,it was very frustrating when I would try to downblock but the stick was read as just down..

And yes, I would say SRK is very disorganized - in most places. The Ibuki forum is a mess, but the El Fuerte forum is pretty well organized. If the former was better organized, I'd be playing Ibuki more often.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
I have the same problems on a Playstation pad. All d-pads are horrible in my eyes and the Playstation is no different. The analogue stick is terrible too on the Playstation controller. You have to reach across the entire world before your thumb is finally on the stick and it's constantly in an awkward position. The stick must be crafted out of butter too because there is no traction.

To each, their own.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
i'm somewhat new to the SF franchise (even though i played SF on my SNES when i was a kid haha). I was wondering, how do I get started playing competitively? I want to play Super street fighter IV. I think competitive players play with those arcade-like controllers right?
An arcade stick is generally the best way to go if you want to get serious about Super Street Fighter IV.

Here's a link to info with pictures about my own personal modded Madcatz Fightstick:

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=10769793&postcount=3240

Ken34

Smash Journeyman
Clearly can see yun laid out on left cab and yang's portrait blurred(red shirt gives it away) on right cab.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Does anyone have a name for a good E. Honda I could look up on youtube? I started playing with him last night, and he's alot of fun, and I need someone to rip off learn from.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
@ Jam: Watch any high lvl stream. Every stream I've been watching lately has been littered with Honda players and Honda dittos. Everyone has a pocket Honda for counterpicking.

Somebody play against me?? ^_^

PSN: Kmatador77

ThreeX

Smash Lord
ppl need to get an xbox.. lol hit me up today or tomorrow if you have a 360..

g/t is Deeeeejay XL

I sound like a broken record.. XD i've played with ONE person from smashboards D:<

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
GGs, ThreeX

I was suspecting that you were a Turbo user, but the replays say otherwise. The reason I suspected you was because you seem to do links way better and more consistentyl than I usually see people do. So, I wondered if you had a macro being used.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
hahaha turbo? nah... training room is there to practice. I didn't really do any hard combos though. What were you surprised about? s.jab~c.rh with rog? That's a 1 framer, but it's just something i've got down.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I can't remember what it was, but it was a two-punch into Running Upper combo and you managed to do it twice in a row in what could've been a loop. I can't ever seem to get the links down for me, but I really only have two I need to learn: Fuerte's overhead combo (f.mk->s.LP->s.lk->cr.mk) and Ibuki's s.lp-> s.mk combo. Other than those, I never use links.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
Yeah, it's just c.jab c.short ex upper c jab. Ex upper to c.jab is a 2 frame link, it's not too bad. But with ibuki, she's pretty combo oriented so it's something you just need to get down.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
At the same time, Ibuki has a lot of Target Combos that I can work with so linking isn't THAT important. As you may already be able to tell, I don't have the best execution in the world. Then again, I hear Daigo's the same way.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
At the same time, Ibuki has a lot of Target Combos that I can work with so linking isn't THAT important. As you may already be able to tell, I don't have the best execution in the world. Then again, I hear Daigo's the same way.
Daigo's execution is gdlk... if you're referring to that match with Ryan hart, idk what to say :p The man let us down.
Balrog links are easy mode.
Pretty much. c.jab to c.strong and s.jab to c.rh are his only 1 frames that are practical combos. Little difficult if your execution is booty. s jab sweep is like a must if you play rog, unless you play like the idiots online :\ (ex OH all day)

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I rarely get Target Combos with Ibuki unless it's off a vortex. I use her links a lot since it can lead to knockdowns for vortexes.
So I guess our Ibukis are kinda flipped. XD

I'd still work on her links though. They're not too hard, and they're helpful against characters with small hitboxes.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Daigo's execution is gdlk... if you're referring to that match with Ryan hart, idk what to say :p The man let us down.
Actually, I was referring to in general. I hear he relies more on the fundamentals than links and the like.

I rarely get Target Combos with Ibuki unless it's off a vortex. I use her links a lot since it can lead to knockdowns for vortexes.
So I guess our Ibukis are kinda flipped. XD

I'd still work on her links though. They're not too hard, and they're helpful against characters with small hitboxes.
Do you have any more info on her vortex? The Youtube video on it that I favorited was taken down for some reason.

As for the links, I realized a little while ago that I completely misunderstood the s.LP-s.MK link. All this time I was doing it with cl.LP instead. I figured this out after I looked at her frame data. The link is a lot easier than I thought.

What other important links does she have?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Do you have any more info on her vortex? The Youtube video on it that I favorited was taken down for some reason.
I can't explain it too well, but these two vids from YT helped me out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1jcbtwl99Q
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vef_qgfwQm8

I use the first one more against characters with DPs. The second one feels much more risky to me, but it makes guessing harder for the opponent.

I also always go for a cross up meaty unless the opponent blocks it correctly. Then I'll do a fake one the next time to mix things up. Plus if you did the vortex right and they block, you can still continue pressuring since the kunai is a valid block string. And if you want to use a scrubby tactic, use (a slightly delayed) Ultra 1 after they block the Kunai since some people like option selecting throws.

Mingo on SRK compiled a list of who can get vortexed and who can escape it by which means. Just click on Sheet 2 for that.
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=tYCwEa2kxGL7MWIChG_oF-A#gid=0

And if you already knew all this stuff, oh well. :laugh:

As for the links, I realized a little while ago that I completely misunderstood the s.LP-s.MK link. All this time I was doing it with cl.LP instead. I figured this out after I looked at her frame data. The link is a lot easier than I thought.

What other important links does she have?
Basic link I use for her is cr.LK , cr.LP , s.LP , s.MK. XX (whatever special). You can change it up for some specific characters like Blanka. You can also link after Ibuki's f.MK into cr.LP/LK. Ibuki can link a s.LP after her LK Tsumuji on certain characters so she can do a Tsumuji Loop.

More info on the Tsumuji loop is also in Mingo's spreadsheet.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
So let me get this straight, the Kunai is in itself the okizeme mixup game because you can time where it goes, with either being forward, behind, or ambigious? And what about her launcher target combos?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
So let me get this straight, the Kunai is in itself the okizeme mixup game because you can time where it goes, with either being forward, behind, or ambigious? And what about her launcher target combos?
Yeah, you can time it where it goes. Do it early, and it won't cross up. And if you time the kunai right (throwing the Kunai when Ibuki is at the max height of her jump), it acts as a cross up and meaty which forces the opponent to block or get out by other means. To know if you do it right, set 2P as Ibuki and record her doing the vortex and try to get out of it with Ryu. However, each character gets up at different speeds, so you have to be careful.

I don't use her launcher combo much, especially on opponents that can be vortexed. Just target combo back into the vortex so they can't escape. If you do the launcher (LP MP cr.HK HK), there are 2 things I choose to do. SJC into Hien (into Super if you want) or SJC into her HK Command Dash. Depending on how you time it, Ibuki will end up behind the opponent or will stay on the same side.

Don't do Hien if the opponent has a DP though.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
Actually, I was referring to in general. I hear he relies more on the fundamentals than links and the like.

Yeah, at high level play... it really comes down to fundamentals. You don't really see too many flashy combos. But Daigo is known for landing solar plexus~low fierce xx srk all day, which is a 1 frame. This game doesn't require too much execution though.. plinking works wonders.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
We should get stunt double alts for Fei Long, during the match he's much shorter or taller with a different hair style but for win quotes, intros and outros it should just be recycled footage from the first SF IV games.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
We should get stunt double alts for Fei Long, during the match he's much shorter or taller with a different hair style but for win quotes, intros and outros it should just be recycled footage from the first SF IV games.
You just reminded me of why I didn't enjoy Game of Death that much. lol

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Do I have you on PSN Matador? If not, I'll add you either later tonight or tomorrow.
You actually have my old profile. Byowing was the one I shared with someone.

I recently bought a new PS3 though, so Kmatador77 is my new PSN. I'm eager to play you again ^_^

Top Bottom