• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Street Fighter IV *Super, AE and Ver.2012*

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
wtf is with that ****. hondas gay and boring. plain and simple.
honda is one of the greatest characters in sf history (along with hugo and alex). don't be hatin.

really though all capcom needs to do to honda is give u2 more range and make standing hk knockdown
and if they wanna make him broken make light headbutt go through projectiles :laugh:

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Maybe Capcom thought too many people picked up Guile just because of Daigo and were like "Let's stop those *******"

No meter for booms seems to stupid for them not to change.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
That TK Cannon Spike removal, while I'm personally happy for it, is a big nerf for Cammy.

And the Sonic Boom nerf might mean I don't have to run into projectile spammers that just spam until they get EX.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm not a Cammy player and I hate dealing with TK CS pressure. From the sounds of things, though, she is now easy mode for linking.

Is Cammy's TK CS a IV exclusive?

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Remember that this is a location test and everything that's been changed may not make the final cut of the game.

Also Gief's EX Hand not knocking down is only a slight nerf as long as he's got advantage on hit. I assume he does, because if he doesn't then WTF???

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Cammys gonna be bad if this stays. Just sayin.
You have to look at the big picture on this one. Aside from Cannon Strike pressure being insane, Cammy can easily just run away and camp with TK Cannon Strike to build meter. I think it's safe to say that the developers didn't want the game to degrade into camping like another certain fighting game.

Besides, Cammy is one of the characters that's easier to link with.

I found this SRK post that says a lot about this and Seth's j.HP
Some of you folks are missing the point. It's not always just about balance. There's also overall design and playstyle to worry about.

Looking at the changes, Capcom is obviously trying to get rid of spammable/silly stuff.

Seth's jumping around at full screen tossing out j.HPs was simply NOT how they wanted the game to play.

Cammys standing full screen tossing out TKCS to build meter was NOT how they wanted the game to play.

Shotos hurricane kicking to safety for free was NOT how they wanted the game to play (why aren't more people rejoicing about this change, btw? SF4 just got a bit less defensive, and no one gives a crap? lol SRK.)

Uncharacteristically oppressive ultras like Bison's U2, Abel's U2, and even Seth U1 (you can't jump, you can't fireball, you can't poke, you can't throw, full screen range, adjustable, often difficult to block and/or punish adequately) were not how Capcom wanted the game to play. And, yes, I know how to avoid/bait/punish all of these.

It's not that the above stuff was broken or anything...it was just, well, stupid. It wasn't conducive to the type of game Capcom wanted to create. So, they tweaked/removed stuff. Cammy's lost her regular TKCS, but everyone conveniently ignores the fact that her normals are now easier to link. They took away the silly stuff (meter whiffing) and added something more offense-oriented (better combo capability). I'm sure the other characters have also received changes to help compensate for their losses some how.

It's not just about balance. It's about trying to make the game less...stupid.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
So what is cammy suppose to do against turtlers now? What is Seth suppose to do against Gief? NOTHING because they have no answers for these things now. I have faith that capcom will change this tho.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
What made TKCS good against turtlers? It's not like it's an overhead, and she doesn't have one.

Can't Seth just Sonic Boom, s. HP, Teleport, DP, or Pogo Kick him?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'm not liking that change to Cammy. I hope they give her TK CS back.
I liked Cammy having it since she was a fun offensive character.
Sure she could build meter with it, but it's not that different compared to other characters that spam specials to gain meter.

All Capcom is doing is nerfing a lot of the offensive options.
They should be buffing characters that are weak in order to balance the game out.

I also feel that the SSFIV system itself has a lot of issues they should be fixing instead of just nerfing characters.

What made TKCS good against turtlers? It's not like it's an overhead, and she doesn't have one.

Can't Seth just Sonic Boom, s. HP, Teleport, DP, or Pogo Kick him?
TKCS against turtlers was nice since it put them in a position that they didn't want to be in. Cammy's offensive game gets them into a bad guessing game.
Plus taking out TKCS could possibly be taking out her delayed CS as well. It was a helpful mixup considering she's supposed to be an offensive character.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I only got the first part from srk. When did I get anything else off of srk? Why are you going everywhere in these forums tryin to be a smart ***? It's getting annoying.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
You have to look at the big picture on this one. Aside from Cannon Strike pressure being insane, Cammy can easily just run away and camp with TK Cannon Strike to build meter. I think it's safe to say that the developers didn't want the game to degrade into camping like another certain fighting game.

Besides, Cammy is one of the characters that's easier to link with.

I found this SRK post that says a lot about this and Seth's j.HP

cammys combos are actually a little awkward. I think most of them are 1 framers also? So.. they're not too easy, but boot camping combos helps out. TKCS to build meter isn't THAT good. It barely builds any meter. It's not like cammys are just running the clock and spamming those. It's so good for it's ability to blow up c.techs

what do i know though, i don't play cammy :\

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
They made cammy's combos easier soooo, well, really, it doesn't make her better, it just makes her easier, which isn't really doing anything.

Tomo Takino

Smash Ace
My point is you are just saying bull**** I've had to put up with all day on SRK.
Cammy's instant dive kick doesn't do very much against turtles. Charecters who turtle can handle this better than non-turtles inclined characters. It gets a few bits of chip damage and is a decent mixup. Cammy has survived for years without this tool (certainly did better than she does in Vanilla SFIV, and the tool is exclusive to the SFIV series just to make sure everyone here is clear on this, not specifically the person I'm talking to).

Seth goes 6-4 Zangeif. If you are telling me that this 6-4 is suddenly 9-1 just because he lost an attack, that he can't do anything against him, that's clearly a silly overstatement. Seth still has a lot of keep away options against Zangeif. Honestly, the only thing this truly hurts is his matchup with Honda.

Easier combos are something. It means less need to hit confirm and less of a chance to drop your combo.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I coulda sworn seth beat gief . >_> Maybe i'm wrong, I'm no Seth expert. I was thinking the mu would be 7-3 now that it is gone. Honda is gonna get worse, you're right.

kr3wman

Smash Master
dunno about that Seth change.

now it will be way easier for tons of characters to get in on him. Of course Zangief benefits the most, but yeah.

kr3wman

Smash Master
This dude's got teleports, fireballs, great footsies, high damage output, wall jump, and great anti-air. He still has options against Zangeif.
dunno about that Seth change.

now it will be way easier for tons of characters to get in on him. Of course Zangief benefits the most, but yeah.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
for sure, j.rh definitely helped him out. His dp is 5 frames, holy ***. Sure he has fballs, but gief has alot of health to deal with the chip. Seth definitely has the best wall jump though. Maybe seth got an air boom? lmao

kr3w, are you on ps3?

Top Bottom