• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Street Fighter IV *Super, AE and Ver.2012*

ThreeX

Smash Lord
yo someone hit me up on xbox <3 Etwist, you on 360??? B)

I'm actually happy that all this happened, it actually brought a topic to talk about in this thread. I roam both smashboards and srk, but mainly just this thread in smashboards, and lately no one really posts. It's been nice to actually have to refresh the page and see a few new posts<3 lmao

ThreeX

Smash Lord
eeeeeeh you bummmm, just playin <3 yeah my live is about to end. Who do you main anyways? I guess I main balrog? I don't even know. I'm really takin the time to learn akuma right now. I got madd salty after losin to a honda at a tourney with rog, so i said.. i don't wanna deal with that match up anymore, i need fireballs and a DP. Not to mention i'm sick of rogs boring game play, the dude has no mix ups.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Rog is boring as ****, I used to main him too. I main Cody. His combos **** face. lol

I'm trying to learn Duds but I''m sooooo bad with him in 4, I was wayyy better in 3S.

kr3wman

Smash Master
I don't have this game.

I play it at the SF place everyone goes here.

I would buy/play fighters at home but I'd need to buy a stick.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
yeah i used to mess with dudley when super came out. He's fun... but I just got annoyed. I always wanted a faster low normal, so i'm definitely interested in that. Playin him helped out my game alot though, really helped me hit confirming off of one move, **** like that. He's alot of fun, but he just has too many ****ty match ups =\

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Makoto's changes (thus far) make me happy. I'd like to see karakusa get the same invincibility deal as Abel's Tornado throw, but that probably won't happen.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
I really hate a lot of changes that they've made to the Japanese arcade version, I really hope these changes don't somehow get transferred to the console version and end up the standard at tournaments. I haven't been this disappointed with Capcom is a long time.

Tomo Takino

Smash Ace
Markuri, this is a loc test. These changes are in no way perm. This is a test. Not a final version by any means. As I'm sure any person aquanted with loc test can reassure you, these things can and will change.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I like how your avatar fits with your general tone, Tomo.

Tomo Takino

Smash Ace
Its really just coincidence, for me the internet has exploded with crazy because of Pokemon B/W, MvC3 new stuff, and the SFIV loc test all at the same time.

"Not much to report on the location test that hasn't been reported already. I saw Kindevu, Uryo and Gas (female Chun player, also Uryo's girlfriend) there playing but they were just doing casuals. Uryo was sticking with Sakura the entire time and Kindevu mainly played single player to test stuff out.

I talked with Kinpatsu earlier today about the changes to Seth since he's a Seth player, and he said that Seth is just a totally new character now, and Seth players will have to start from scratch with him. Basically, if you play him like you did in the past, you're going to lose, but you can still win. "
"There was a gief player there that was constantly hitting the 5 game win streak limit, so I talked with him for a bit while in line and he really likes the fact that ex green hand does not knock down anymore. This was actually at the first location test for SF4 vanilla and it was a nightmare to deal with, and it's just as bad now. Because gief doesn't knock you down and he's still at +frames, you're going to have to make an educated guess on what to do next and you don't have much time. I saw this gief player do ex green hand into either lariat, another green hand, spd or low jab chained into ex green hand. It's a really strong mixup to have and I don't understand why people see this as a nerf.

Saw one dude messing around with Yang and he was able to pull off a 35 - 40% combo off SE, pretty decent although I can't remember what the combo was exactly. I just saw a ton of mantis slashes. :p

Overall the character variety was a lot better than the first day when it was a huge shoto fest. There were a ton of claws playing and one Gen who was constantly getting 5 game win streaks. I overheard the Gen player saying he didn't feel there was anything different about the character though.

Guile's Sonic Boom most definitely builds meter, whoever said that it doesn't is a bloody dolt and is blind as a bat.

Hm, that's it! I didn't really stick around on the second day to play, I just got in line once, won 4 games then got beasted on, and then left. There were probably a good 20 people waiting in queue on the first day, and on the second day it grew to about 30 people waiting with maybe a dozen more just watching. Overall it was a good turnout for the location test considering it's a non-Tokyo arcade."

Well this all sounds good.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
My thoughts on the changes.
Abel

• His Tornado Throw (Command Grab) does less damage now.
Probably better this way, as long as he can still do good damage without it.
• More recovery time on his Ultra 2, Breathless.
I don't see many good Abels use this that much anyway, so whatever.
• His Roll have a bit more recovery.
A little concerned about this one. You nerf Abel's Roll, you're nerfing a big part of his game.

Cody

• Walk speed is faster.
I didn't realize he was that slow.
• EX Zonk Knuckle doesn't travel as far.
A bit concerned about the changes to Zonk Knuckle in general. Zonk is one of Cody's best punishing tools, so nerfing it could be bad.
• The hitbox on his Hard Ruffian Kick looks like it's better. A player was able to hit Zangief with it while he was crouching, and this doesn't connect in the console version of SSF4.
Good.
• Medium Ruffian Kick travels a longer distance.
Good.
• Regular Zonk Knuckle cannot be Focus Attack Dash Canceled.
See my comments on other Zonk Knuckle changes.

Dudley

• Dudley had an EX version of his "Ducking" attack added. This is where he slides forward and can punch or uppercut, it lacks Super Armor. This travels the same distance as the Hard Kick version, but recovers almost instantly, so if you go through a fireball you have a lot of options open to you.
Seems good. Lack of armor is a minor concern but the move has good invincibility anyway.
• Crouching Hard Kick (Launcher) has a faster start up time.
I wonder how many in a row you'll be able to do now.
• Jumping Hard Kick knocks down now in air-to-air situations.
Not entirely sure when this would come into play since air-to-air doesn't happen much in SF.
• Dudley's rose taunt has less recovery.
FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

E. Honda

• Overall damage has been reduced.
Probably for the best. Honda is kind of a beast in SSFIV.
• It may be harder to combo into his Hundred Hand Slaps.
This is unfortunate. I think a damage nerf is better than removing his combos.
• Ultra 2 Oicho Throw has had its command changed from a 720 rotation to a 2x half-circle back motion.
This is just kinda pointless.

Gouken

• Gouken's Light Rush Punch has no forward movement, but it is faster.
I'm not sure how this will work.
• Gouken's counter move (Kongo) has been changed. It's now done with a reverse Dragon Punch motion with Punch. Light Punch deflects low attacks, Medium Punch for high and what Hard Punch does is still unclear.
• The EX version of Gouken's counter hit (Kongo) is unchanged. The Hard Punch version has the same animation as the EX.
Maybe HP Counter deflects high and low?

Guy

• Hit box on Medium Punch, Hard Punch chain combo was fixed, it no longer will miss against some players who crouch.
Good.
• Hard Punch Dashing Elbow is faster and can be used to hit characters out of their fireballs a little easier. Light Punch Dashing Elbow is now safe on block against Zangief and T. Hawk's 360 command grabs.
Very good.
• Ultra 2 has been improved. Less recovery time and the distance on it was fixed, so it's very comparable to Rose's normal throw range. According to one player, this is the Ultra of choice now, period.
Good.
• Flip Grab damage reduced. 120 instead of 200. Also, the window where you can grab the other player with the Medium and Hard versions has been shortened.
Not so good. Was this really what they thought was too good on Guy? I suppose it could be with the other changes.
• His slide is faster.
Cool.
• Toward + Medium Punch overhead hits twice.
Minor change but ok.
• Guy seems a lot better overall.
He certaintly does.

Hakan

• Hakan's Oil Shower stacks, i.e. it can be applied multiple times, which adds to the overall time it stays on.
I still think he should start the match up Oiled Up, but this is a good start for him.
• Capcom also gave him a Kick follow up after performing his Oil Shower. Also, he can reportedly combo Standing Light Kick into his Oil Shower.
Not sure how this will work but sounds good.
• Hakan's 360 command grab with Kick can be canceled. This is where he runs in place and if you let go of the button he attempts to jump towards his opponent and grab them.
Very good.
• His Slide has now two options afterwards. Pressing Punch does an additional attack you've seen before, but pressing a Kick button oils him up.
Excellent.
• Jump arc may have been changed.
Could be good, could be bad. We'll have to see what it is exactly.

Makoto

• Makoto's EX Dash Punch (Hayate) now breaks armor.
The fact that it didn't before irks me.
• She slightly faster walk speed.
Yeah, she definitely needed this. Wasn't she the slowest in the game or something?
• Her Axe Kicks are more like they were in Third Strike.
I'd like a further explanation of this. You mean higher priority?
• Fukiage (Upwards Punch) takes off more life. The hitbox for this may have been improved though, but it's not conclusive so far.
Hitbox improvements would be better than a damage buff imo. She needs a real DP.
• EX Overhead Chop (Oroshi) has more invincible frames.
Cool.

Sagat

• Tiger Uppercut damage increased.
Hmmm....
• More recovery time on his Tiger Knee.
Not sure if this was necessary but sure why not.
• Standing Light Kick from Vanilla SF4 is back. It's one hit, can be Canceled into special moves, bigger hit box and it takes off roughly 40 damage.
So could we say that the current build is like...OLD SAGAT?
• Light Kick Tiger Knee is more like Vanilla SF4. Some people say his Medium and Hard Tiger Knees are useless now.
• More recovery time on High Tiger Shots. His fireball game is a lot worse than it was.
Nevermind, this definitely isn't Old Sagat.
• Angry Scar is now executed with a Kick button.
Trivial change.

Vega

• Vega's EX-Scarlet Terror (Flip Kick) is a viable reversal now. First hit can be Focus Attack Dash Canceled, but 3rd frame is not airborne anymore so it cannot hit further.
It's good that he has a reversal.
• His EX-Wall Dive grab does less damage.
This is not so good.
• Backdash weakened.
Meh.

Zangief

• Zangief's EX Green Hand no longer knocks down and this puts him in range to set up for another grab. On hit, it also leaves him at a slight frame advantage. Some people say the EX Green Hand still knocks down on Counter Hit though.
This seems a tad too powerful.
• Range on his Ultra 2 was increased — A LOT — but so was the recovery time. This also travels horizontally now, so it can even grab people jumping away.
Good.
• Light Punch Spinning Piledriver may have more grab range as well.
This also seems pretty powerful.
• The range on his Short Jump seems to be shorter, although this is not conclusive yet.
Short Jump?
• Punch Lariat has a better hitbox.
Good for Geif, bad for everyone else.
• A Zangief player (defender) who'd just been hit by an EX Green Glove did a Spinning Piledriver that beat out another Gief's (attacker) Spinning Piledriver.
Riveting tale chap.

Other Characters

• Adon doesn't get up as quickly after a knock down now, although it still seems to be quicker than other characters. EX-Jaguar Tooth doesn't do the yellow glow, like other EX moves, until after you reach the wall. Not sure what effect this has, if any, on the move.
The EX Jaguar Tooth change affects mostly mindgames.
• Akuma can apparently Shoryuken, Focus Attack Dash Cancel into his Ultra 2 now.
I was wondering if they were planning on making it useful or not.
• Akuma and Ryu's Air Hurricane Kicks are no longer as effective for escaping bad situations. If these are done in the air before hitting the peak of the jump, they'll become floaty and go nowhere. If you're at the peak of the jump or on your way down, they work pretty much the same. Crossing up with a Hurricane Kick still works, though.
This change doesn't seem like it'll affect anything.
• Balrog's Dirty Bull Ultra 2 is now a double half-circle back motion instead of a 720.
Again with this motion changing. What's your beef with 720s?
• Blanka bounces away about half the distance he used to after a blocked Beast Roll, making it much easier to punish. Azrael saw a Sakura player walk up after a blocked ball and punish it with a Crouching Medium Kick Canceled into her Dragon Punch. If his Beast Roll hits, Blanka bounces away the same distance as before.
Probably not needed. I don't think Blanka really needs any nerfs.
• Cammy's normal moves are easier to combo with now, but Tiger Knee (instant) Canon Strikes are no longer possible. Can still Canon Strike normally, and the EX version can still be Tiger Kneed (done instantly). Spiral Arrow's distance to get 2 hits is shorter.
I do not like this change. TK Cannon Strike is a big part of Cammy's game, and taking it out seems like it's for the worst.
• Chun-Li's Crouching Hard Kick sweep doesn't do as much stun and it seems like the hit box for her Down-Toward + Light Kick (Somersault) had its hit box nerfed.
Well she had to get nerfed somehow I suppose.
• Dan gets more height off of his air taunt. Big whoop.
IT IS A BIG DEAL. FINALLY THE POWER OF SAIKYO CAN BE USED TO POTENTIALLY EVADE FIREBALLS WHILE NEUTRAL JUMPING.
• Dee Jay's Standing Hard Kick is apparently an overhead now.
lol wut.
• El Fuerte's Ultra Spark (Ultra 2) got a damage nerf.
This seems unnecessary.
• Gen's normal moves are supposedly easier to combo with now. His Ultra 2, Teiga (Double QCF 3x Kick) is faster.
I like the change to Ultra 2, though I doubt anyone will use it.
• Guile's damage has been nerfed and his Sonic Boom no longer builds Super meter. It seems unlikely that the latter change will stay in the game, though. Another player using Guile said he felt like he was more or less the same, so the damage nerf may not have happened either.
I seriously doubt any of this is true. A special move not building meter just seems dumb.
• Juri's Fireball can be comboed into after the Kick part of the move connects.
Seems good. Does this mean you can use the kick startup of her fireball to juggle?
• Ken's EX Hurricane Kick can be blocked low. He has more recovery on his Light Dragon Punch, but can juggle after a Light anti-air Shoryuken with an EX Fireball, just like Ryu.
Meh.
• M. Bison's Ultra 2 is now a charge motion with way more recovery. It's performed by doing a Back then Forward command twice with 3x Punch.
Boo.
• Rose's Ultra 2 (orbs) are no longer invincible to attacks. She supposedly has a faster Focus Attack as well.
Good and bad. I was never that much of a fan of Soul Satellite anyway, except when facing charge characters.
• Seth's Jumping Hard Punch is gone, the stretchy arm one copied from Dhalsim. Now Seth does something akin to Guile's Crouching Hard Punch. Down + Medium Kick in the air (toe taps) had their hitbox weakened. Ultra 1 is now 'fireball-like', so it can be deflected by other character's projectiles.
These changes are just awful. I really hope they don't stick with them in the final build.
• T. Hawk has a stand alone EX Condor Dive (3x Kick), which can be done while jumping backwards. You no longer have to perform this as part of his EX Rising Hawk.
It seems like they could have done other things to buff him but ok. What I'd really like is a TK Condor Dive.
Yang and Yun are about what I'd expect. Yun's Ultra 2 sounds really cool. Their inability to triangle jump seems like a good decision since plenty of characters can already do that.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
He doesn't have that many. His only real 3-7 is Honda. He's definitely viable.
Bison poops on dudley, Chun li poops on dudley, guiles also really hard, Gief seems a little... eeeeh maybe once gief gets a KD, then it's in his favor.

edit: so.. for akuma, they're saying they're lowering ex dp dmg, and buffing up shaku. Although I like spending 1 meter, over 2 meters to fadc a srk to shaku, that's whatever. I'm REAL upset if they tone down his walk speed. One of the main reasons I switched to akuma is because of how amazing his footsies are. I hate to sound like those complainers.. but it's just so frustrating :| i really hope this doesn't stay.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Those changes on the 720 Ultras makes sense for Honda and Balrog. They always seemed iffy to me on characters that don't have 360 grabs to begin with.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Meh, the zonk knuckle change isn't a big deal. The only thing we use it for really is as a reversal (only ex). I'm dissapointed that we can't fadc the low and m.rks and the zonk yet.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
Honda's has really ****ty range, you can't jump out of it if he's kissing you. But with rog... yeah you can always jump out of that garbage :\

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Adon not flashing yellow until after he gets to the wall on his EX-tooth is pretty huge for him. If you were going up against anyone with an uppercut (or any reliable anti-air when they have it, like Big Bang Typhoon) they could react to it and get free damage since they know that you're going to be coming right at them.

Now that you can't do that, it's actually a decent way for Adon to get in.

As for Ryu/Akuma's air HK's not being good for escaping anymore not affecting anything.....Zangief would like to have a word with you.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Considering that he can't get a whole lot of damage outside of his oki game and his difficult to land RSF loop, it was a God-send. Just learn to not use punishable moves. Besides, you can bait it out.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
As for Ryu/Akuma's air HK's not being good for escaping anymore not affecting anything.....Zangief would like to have a word with you.
That's the ******** **** I hate. That escape hurricane kick was one of the things which were unique to Ryu and Ken, as well as Adon early wake up time. These were things that made the characters different and Capcom is removing them trying to limit the variety in characters and it's stupid. I heard Guile's Sonic boom no longer builds meter(wtf?) and I'm actually annoyed they improved Makoto's walking speed. Even if she was a bad character because of her walking speed she was incapable of playing footsies, it's part of what made her unique.

These bull**** changes better not come over the states in anyway.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
That's the ******** **** I hate. That escape hurricane kick was one of the things which were unique to Ryu and Ken, as well as Adon early wake up time. These were things that made the characters different and Capcom is removing them trying to limit the variety in characters and it's stupid. I heard Guile's Sonic boom no longer builds meter(wtf?) and I'm actually annoyed they improved Makoto's walking speed. Even if she was a bad character because of her walking speed she was incapable of playing footsies, it's part of what made her unique.

These bull**** changes better not come over the states in anyway.
welcome to SF4!

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
crashic, are you crashic??? Im guessing not. Crashic was a guy that got banned when you came around with the same type of atitude as yours and he also posted in the same threads as you.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Thats the problem, you DO act like a srk-er. We're on smashboards, we dont flame people for being wrong or thinking differently, THATS WHY WE'RE HERE.

Crashic was on srk but he was here more.

just a word of advice, tone it down with the angry-ness.

Tomo Takino

Smash Ace
I've got my infractions, I've been shown how not to post. Plus, Tokyo Game Shows coming up and I'd like to post on a place that's not stupidity/troll ridden (Capcom-Unity/GameFAQS) or going to judge everything on a competitive or ghetto nerd standard (SRK/dustloop).

And yeah, my SRK tone is coming over here mainly because the discussion on SRK is so crazy and so heated right now. SRK can be such a headache sometimes that it carries over into everything.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Thats the problem, you DO act like a srk-er. We're on smashboards, we dont flame people for being wrong or thinking differently, THATS WHY WE'RE HERE.
While we're normally pretty nice in this thread, most of the forum makes me want to hit everyone in the face for their stupidity. Pick your poison I suppose.

Whatever I forum I go to, I tend to just act the same. And by that, I mean how I act in real life.

Top Bottom