• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Street Fighter IV *Super, AE and Ver.2012*

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Yeah, we'll be getting a third set of DLC costumes and a couple have already been revealed - one of which is Chun-Li's alpha costume (something we should've gotten a long time ago).

Here's some of the confirmed ones:
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/jul/24/first-look-new-alt-costumes-ssf4/

Aside from the confirmed ones, we also have these concept costumes:
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/sep/05/street-fighter-4-alternative-costume-concept-sketches/
I like super Fuerte, katana Ibuki, and Strider Hiryu Guy.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
It's pretty funny to see comments like "plz no BORING chars like Yun Elena Karin, awesome chars like EVIL RYU AND VIOLENT KEN!!" on every other comment on Youtube and eventhubs

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
arite maang, i'll be home later... i'll definitely hit you up if you're on.

not sure if everyone saw this, but here
http://media.eventhubs.com/images/2010/09/06_japanssf4.jpg

more confirmation on yun and yang... I really don't get why they can't just announce it. The skateboard + roller blade silhouette already gave it away.
According to eventhubs comments, Poison's gender ambiguity was the result of a conspiracy of "some ******** feminist group would ***** up and try to sue"....

Why do people go there, again?

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
It was something like that. Poison is a ****** because they didn't want guys beating up girls I think. I can't remember.
Although the deal with Poison is complicated, all the misogyny and homophobia of the comments relating to her (yes, she's a transsexual woman) are really annoying.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I still think every alternate design of Juri is better than her final design.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
For me, returning characters I want, in semi-ranked order

Alex
Elena
Karin
Yun (that turned out well)
Rolento
mmmmmaybe Hugo

kr3wman

Smash Master
I was referring to his question about how Q might be good in SF4 when Balrog is top tier.

epic of DE

Smash Journeyman
Newark, DE (only a mile from University of Delawar
I was referring to his question about how Q might be good in SF4 when Balrog is top tier.
He wouldn't. Q had some of the worst match-ups due to a few reasons:
1) His normals were slow, poor as footsies, and most couldn't link or cancel into specials/super

2) Large hit-box meant that he either ate multiple hits (Ken's EX air tatsu comes to mind) or had difficulty countering moves like dive-kicks easily.

3) Most of his damaging set-ups revolved around C&DB (Capture and Deadly Blow) (HCB kick) and use his amazing kara throw...remember makoto's kara throw?

With parrying Q had a chance of going against most of the cast (1.5-8.5 vs Makoto....) because he could punish moves.

The reason why 'Rog is high tier is because his normals are very useful and provide frame advantage so punishment is difficult for some of the cast. Having a good ultra that can be combo'd into doesn't hurt either.

If they follow the normal path that the other 3s fighter have one of Q's SA's will be the super and the other two will be selectable ultras. Most likely either SA 1 or 3 would be his super and the others would be his ultra.

Maybe if they tweaked a couple things about him Q could fit in pretty well but I dunno, I use Q and I can honestly say that other characters should get in before him...like Elena.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Maybe if they tweaked a couple things about him Q could fit in pretty well but I dunno, I use Q and I can honestly say that other characters should get in before him...like Elena.
Elena is my second and I fully agree.

Already got Makoto and Yun now I just need her and Alex.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
GGs ThreeX. I don't understand the ping system on this game. I get green connections with people and it's a garbage connection, but ours was yellow and it was moderately tolerable. I like your Balrog and Dudley a lot, but maaaaaaaan, I'm a reactionary kind of player and I couldn't do any of my favorite things (anti-air Ultra, tech grabs, etc.). I'm amazed you can land any kind of advanced links online, but more power to you.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
I'm pretty hyped for yang, jus cause he's a sexy mofo. Alex might be interesting.

Just played some games with Zhero.. good stuff, I'm sure you know already, but just in case you don't, check out Sakonoko for cammy gameplay.. that dude is a monster.

If anyone wants to run some games on 360 hit me upppp :]

edit: yeah man.. online is trash, it really is. It started us with a green bar, and changed from green to yellow constantly. The connection was tolerable like you said, but the lag was still there :\ Thanks though, I boot camped dudley since super came out.. so his links are just second nature now. I'm mainly just focusing on Akuma, to either replace rog or just cover rogs bad match ups. One thing with Cammy, you should find out her frame traps, and try to punish crouch techs with those, and her insta-air cannon strike. She can really blow up crouch techs. So be really tricky with your tick set ups, mix that **** up, along with your frame traps.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
I'm pretty hyped for yang, jus cause he's a sexy mofo. Alex might be interesting.

Just played some games with Zhero.. good stuff, I'm sure you know already, but just in case you don't, check out Sakonoko for cammy gameplay.. that dude is a monster.

If anyone wants to run some games on 360 hit me upppp :]

edit: yeah man.. online is trash, it really is. It started us with a green bar, and changed from green to yellow constantly. The connection was tolerable like you said, but the lag was still there :\ Thanks though, I boot camped dudley since super came out.. so his links are just second nature now. I'm mainly just focusing on Akuma, to either replace rog or just cover rogs bad match ups. One thing with Cammy, you should find out her frame traps, and try to punish crouch techs with those, and her insta-air cannon strike. She can really blow up crouch techs. So be really tricky with your tick set ups, mix that **** up, along with your frame traps.
I know my traps. I just can't adapt to lag. I'll be sure to look up some more vids though. I really have no idea how to fight Guile. You stay put and you eat chip, you neutral jump and you eat st.FP + SB, you forward jump and you lose like half your health. I really have to wonder what the heck is wrong with Capcom. Can't we ever get a game... from anyone... that is made by the people who can actually play fighting games? Like, really, they didn't think that things might be a little too much? This goes out to Arc Sys too.

btw, I complain a lot.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I know my traps. I just can't adapt to lag. I'll be sure to look up some more vids though. I really have no idea how to fight Guile. You stay put and you eat chip, you neutral jump and you eat st.FP + SB, you forward jump and you lose like half your health. I really have to wonder what the heck is wrong with Capcom. Can't we ever get a game... from anyone... that is made by the people who can actually play fighting games? Like, really, they didn't think that things might be a little too much? This goes out to Arc Sys too.

btw, I complain a lot.
Plinking does help on links. So do that if you haven't already.
And who do you use when you're facing Guile?

kr3wman

Smash Master
jumping is bad against any character.

jumping is bad in almost every situation anyway.

try playing a game without ever jumping at an opponent who isn't knockdown-ed

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Plinking does help on links. So do that if you haven't already.
And who do you use when you're facing Guile?
I don't plink because I already have the links down perfectly with my characters because I go into training mode almost every day (Abel, Cammy, Dudley, Sagat, Blanka) I know my bnbs. I know my advanced combos. I know my fundamentals. I just don't know stupid characters.

Whenever I fight Guile, I tend to go Abel.

jumping is bad against any character.

jumping is bad in almost every situation anyway.

try playing a game without ever jumping at an opponent who isn't knockdown-ed
lol, you're talking like I'm some scrub. I am very experienced. I know what fundamentals are. Guile bypasses those. Same goes for Dhalsim and a good few others that also happen to be top tier. To paraphrase someone's very well-made posts on SRK. There is something inherently wrong with a game's system when Guile and Dhalsim are rewarded so heavily for their low-risk playstyle. He made comments on all SF games and this was what he said about Hyper Fighting and SSFIV.

I still suck though ;_;

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Who do you play again? I seem to do fine against Guile (then again, it's 6-4 for Fuerte).

I'm not sure for how long but I can't play for the next few days because I lost the breakaway cable for my stick today and I ordered a replacement an hour ago. It might show up since it was at a videogaming club, but it never hurts to have a spare. Might be a good thing as I have a math class that I hate (and thankfully my last one outside of statistics) to review.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Here's a post I found in the Cammy forums on SRK for the Guile matchup.
Don't know why the Cammy board thinks guile is such a bad matchup for cammy. She wins it clean. Walk up if he throws a lp boom, jump if he throws a fierce, once you get in footsie range look for an opening to get in. Her st. rh is great for punishing guile whiffs (it catches almost all of them) and cr. mk xx rh SA option select is great as well. The worst he could do is whiff punish your cr. mk with his own, so what who cares lol.

Also FIEND for that back throw. Guile can't do **** about Cammy three way mixup off back throw. If he does reversal flash kick it'll whiff or get flat out beat by all 3 options.

Be patient in your ground game and don't make any harsh decisions, because when you get in (and you will if you're patient) guile dies. BTW Guile is one of the char. that can option select lp+lk+mp against dive kick mixup, if he's obvious with this do an EX tkcs jumping backwards and you'll get a free combo. Obviously, that counter applies to any character that option selects that way as well. If you don't want to use (or have) meter you can just wait a split second fish for st. mp counterhit, which you can easily confirm into cr. mp xx SA. Otherwise you're at +2 on block so you win either way.

All the Rufus players agree that Rufus beats guile, and cammy-guile is almost the exact same matchup, except cammy has an easier time gettin in lol.
Another thing to mention, which may explain my ease with the matchup, is that Guile has crappy options on wakeup. Crossups are your friend.

kr3wman

Smash Master
lol, you're talking like I'm some scrub. I am very experienced. I know what fundamentals are. Guile bypasses those. Same goes for Dhalsim and a good few others that also happen to be top tier. To paraphrase someone's very well-made posts on SRK. There is something inherently wrong with a game's system when Guile and Dhalsim are rewarded so heavily for their low-risk playstyle. He made comments on all SF games and this was what he said about Hyper Fighting and SSFIV.

I still suck though ;_;
You realize Guile/Dhalsim get ***** by alot of chars in this game.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
II really have to wonder what the heck is wrong with Capcom. Can't we ever get a game... from anyone... that is made by the people who can actually play fighting games? Like, really, they didn't think that things might be a little too much? This goes out to Arc Sys too.

btw, I complain a lot.
Idk man.. you just really need to learn the match up. Super sf4 is one of the most balanced games, imo. Guile is rough if you don't know what to do, I suffer the same problem. But with akuma having an advantage over guile it's not that bad if i can land a sweep. Like other people said, jumping is really bad. You have to remember that blocking is also an option, block and walk up. Close the distance between yourself and guile, it really makes him think twice about chuckin a boom. He'll most likely either stand his ground, which is where footsies come in. You might have to bait him into throwing out a normal, or he will. If it whiffs.. then you punish it :D Or he'll back up into a corner and throw more booms (which is a good thing, you want him in a corner)

Also I remember reading about with rog vs guile, there's a certain space where rog can jump on reaction to boom and his j.fierce still stuff all of guiles AA options. Maybe Cammy can do something similar, as that person was stating in the srk post.

Tomo Takino

Smash Ace
I play Cammy/Abel mostly.
Cammy matchup with Dhalisim- 7-3 in her favor
Abel matchup with Dhalisim- 7-3 in his favor
:urg:

Also, there is nothing wrong with defensive play. I personally find a smart defensive player more exciting to watch than a rush down match.
Honestly, I don't even know what the hell you are saying. "Made by people who really play fighting games" who are you to judge this? Yeaaah right.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
thinking about selling my wii to get get ssf4 for the Ps3 (even though i dont own 1) i already have a ps3 fight stick lol

He wouldn't. Q had some of the worst match-ups due to a few reasons:
1) His normals were slow, poor as footsies, and most couldn't link or cancel into specials/super

2) Large hit-box meant that he either ate multiple hits (Ken's EX air tatsu comes to mind) or had difficulty countering moves like dive-kicks easily.

3) Most of his damaging set-ups revolved around C&DB (Capture and Deadly Blow) (HCB kick) and use his amazing kara throw...remember makoto's kara throw?

With parrying Q had a chance of going against most of the cast (1.5-8.5 vs Makoto....) because he could punish moves.

The reason why 'Rog is high tier is because his normals are very useful and provide frame advantage so punishment is difficult for some of the cast. Having a good ultra that can be combo'd into doesn't hurt either.

If they follow the normal path that the other 3s fighter have one of Q's SA's will be the super and the other two will be selectable ultras. Most likely either SA 1 or 3 would be his super and the others would be his ultra.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oV7_gPTWN38
if only everyone was as awesome as kuroda

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Cammy matchup with Dhalisim- 7-3 in her favor
Abel matchup with Dhalisim- 7-3 in his favor
:urg:

Also, there is nothing wrong with defensive play. I personally find a smart defensive player more exciting to watch than a rush down match.
Honestly, I don't even know what the hell you are saying. "Made by people who really play fighting games" who are you to judge this? Yeaaah right.
I never complained about the Dhalsim matchup. I still think he is a very strong character. I find nothing wrong with defensive play either, but I still have the right to think Guile is gay. And I still have the right to question the people who make the games. In Vanilla SFIV, Abel-Dhalsim is 60-40 (which is still bad) if anything, the matchup has improved for Dhalsim, but I still know that it's Abel's advantage.

btw, thanks for the tips, guys. The Guile I practice with is very good, but I think I'm getting there bit by bit.

Also, I complain a lot. Take my stuff with a grain of salt.

Top Bottom