• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Street Fighter IV *Super, AE and Ver.2012*

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z4Psls1ngwM&hl=en_GB&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z4Psls1ngwM&hl=en_GB&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Gates

Banned via Warnings
That Guile was using hax. He definitely did not wait 2 seconds between those sonic booms.

Exia 00

Smash Champion
Yep. Balance patch and tournament mode.

I'm just happy they fixed that dumb bug with Bison's ultra 2. Why the hell would it do less on counter hit? lol

rhan

Smash Hero
I wanna try n get some games in this weekend. Hmu if you wanna play. I'm semi decent I suppose.

XBLG: LilRhan12

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
Did anyone else see Inthul, a Pad, Fei Long player place 3rd at East Coast Throw down?

He lost to FlashMs Viper, but it was an amazing match. I never knew Fei could do some of the stuff he did, let alone on a pad. It was crazy seeing him ****** on the stream. Got two perfects on Sanford.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Inthul's success was very unexpected and very indicative of his skill as a player.

He beat Chris Hu and Arturo Sanchez in addition to Sanford.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
I'm a :mad: stick player :mad:

Nah, but yeah, there was an article on SRK about it not long ago. There's a viper who can do all the technical **** with her on pad. If you can do all of Viper's ****, then anyone else, except maybe makoto, should be 100 percent possible. There's some Akuma combo video that was made on pad too.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
That set with Chris Hu was simply amazing. Psychic rekkas, I swear.

@ CRASHiC: I think I'll hold off on getting a stick then...it's good enough to beat the scrubs on PSN at least.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Sadly, things are going a bit lazy and frame data hasn't been done for all characters yet.

I'd like to point out that Dudley has the best chest out of any character in the game, women included.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Well, only a gentleman can have such a wonderful chest. If Viper didn't have the biggest breasts, Rose could've qualified for a lady easily.

OneWingSephiroth

Smash Journeyman
The amount of Fei-Long bandwagon that I saw at srk.com amazed me slightly, well, not really (I saw after the stream like about 500+ views in the Fei-Long thread).

I guess play whoever you want, however for peeps jumping the bandwagon to Fei because of one guy just really makes me lol. There's absolutely no real character identity for you if you simply pick and choose with this standard. Kinda reminds me of that one time when the Japanese player made it to the Finals in the 3 vs 3 in 3rd Strike with either Q or Necro, and then you had a ship load of people trying to justify how Q/Necro were now legit due to this.

To me honestly, J-Stick allows the most freedom, far better control and much better flexibility, however that doesn't mean that you can't pull things off on the Pad, it's just, much, much more difficult on there. I mean, although it's not Street Fighter, take Tekken for example, I'm effecient in both pad and stick (although since I barely play now, my skills are diminishing) however it is nearly impossible to do "Light Wavedashes" with a pad, because you need to do light taps and on it, it's just atrocious.

However on a J-Stick, it is very easy to do because of it's controls. Don't be surprised to see some new heads whom may be Pad Players showing up out of nowhere. I'm believing that years from now, the "Pad" players may eventually be up in numbers to potentially equal or surpass the Stick Players.

The reason being is that arcade scenes are nearly non-existent and Pads are the most available controls, so I don't see how this will devalue anytime soon, but only grow as time goes on.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Well, only a gentleman can have such a wonderful chest. If Viper didn't have the biggest breasts, Rose could've qualified for a lady easily.
Viper's boobs aren't that big, only in her arcade ending really.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
lol now there are more people hating Hakan than when his trailer first came about. People were starting to warm up to him but after Daigo said Hakan is the game's weakest character there's at least 120% increase in people hating him now, just like how many people started to like Guile again because of Daigo :/

Minato

穏やかじゃない
lol now there are more people hating Hakan than when his trailer first came about. People were starting to warm up to him but after Daigo said Hakan is the game's weakest character there's at least 120% increase in people hating him now, just like how many people started to like Guile again because of Daigo :/
It was funny seeing how hyped people were for him early on. Hakan's popularity fell hard after Wong said that he sucks. I didn't know that Daigo also said that he was the worst character; Daigo saying the same thing isn't really helping Hakan either. :laugh:

And I feel bad that the other characters I use are Ryu and Guile. Not riding the bandwagon or anything, but I've pretty much used them in every game that had them aside from MvC2. They're just characters I like since they control space so easily.

It was funny going to SRK on the day when Daigo used Guile. I think the Guile boards had hundreds of viewings.

Check the profiles. Viper has the biggest bust at 98 cm.
For SSFIV alone, right? R. Mika's probably going to beat all the records for girls measurements if she becomes a DLC character. lol

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I used to be one of those "pad is just as good as stick" people. I switched to stick over a month ago and there's no way I can go back.

In terms of hype, I'm surprised that there haven't been a boatload of new Chuns, since the pre-release hype seemed to feature her improvements prominently. I guess someone is going to have to make it to grand finals playing Chun one-handed or something.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I have been seeing a little more Chuns in tourneys lately than in vSF4, but not too many.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
for sf frame data.. you can try sfframedata.com

It's pretty good.. I think, I'm not too sure that it's 100% accurate. But it's something :)

also, if anyone wants to get some games in on xbox.. hit me up :D g/t = Deeeeejay XL

(i play rog ken and dudley)

I have been seeing a little more Chuns in tourneys lately than in vSF4, but not too many.
yeah, chun is definitely a dominator. Her normals are still stupid good, standing strong got a buff, and that backflip is nasty.

OneWingSephiroth

Smash Journeyman
I still laughed at the people who cried that Ryu was somehow super nerfed now in SSF:IV then abandoned him, however failed to realize that Ryu is still one of the strongest characters in the game of SSF:IV losing almost none of his tools from SF:iV, along with the fact that footsies are now even more important then it was in SF:IV...something Ryu was arguably #1 at in SF:IV and is again arguably one of the top-3 best again in SSF:IV.

To me, I don't care too much, for the Legit SF Series, I've always been a purist Ryu player, w/ occassion playing Guile once in awhile, Chunli sometimes and Claw for kicks. Even back in my "prime" years playing SFII, I never once picked anyone else during a tournament besides Ryu from WW, CE, HF, and Super, ever.

I hear alot of people talking how there are alot of Ryu/Ken players today, but I can assure anyone that back in the II days, there was an even larger amount of Ryu/Ken players back then, however I will say this, that the average Ryu/Ken player back in that period were much, much, much better then the ones today.

Everywhere I went to play in SFII, almost everyone who was solid that I went up against had a fundamental value how to play against Ryu/Ken, so you had to be much better to set your Ryu from everyone else. I was at one point regarded as one of the "best" Ryu players locally at where I thrived, and yes, they may not mean a whole lot to what took place with the absolute Elite SFII players back then.

However I was only like 12-13 yrs old when I was at my prime playing in Hyper Fighting w/ Ryu, so I'm content with that. Yes, do not let that "age" fool you into thinking that I probably wasn't that good, hahaha, there were alot of very solid early teens players back then, and even the greatest Street Fighter player of all time Tomo Ohira demonstrated that age didn't matter, when he was not even 14 yrs of age and was schooling everyone in the game.

Sigh...talking about this makes me miss those times, well...besides that one time I got beat up by some adult who got pissed because he couldn't touch my Ryu footsies and zoning.

Trust me on this, if you thought ragers and people who'll cry to you online was bad, I've seen chairs being thrown, life threats, people getting jumped, and entire "click" on "click" wars due to the competitive nature of SFII back in those days. Personally, I was never a trash talker, mainly because I was only in my early teens back then, plus I never was inherently one. My brother on the other hand, rofl....WOW, he had a mouth, hahaha.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Does he still have his same fireball speed? Yes.

Does he still have a good DP? Yes.

Still top tier.
---
That avatar is amazing, \btw

OneWingSephiroth

Smash Journeyman
A few things I would hear some SF:IV Ryu players cry about...

No more Trade Srk into Ultra

Shoryuken has "less" frames of inv

Shoryuken hits "twice" instead of once

It boggles my mind, you would cry foul on those, because Trade srk into Ultra was "never" a strategy and if you tried too, then that was just stupid, usually when it happened, it wasn't even intentional. So even though you can't land Ultra after it, you can still cancel into Shinkuu-Hadouken in SSF:IV anyhow, so it's not like it got "terrible", lmao.

Shoryuken with "less" inv frames, true and false here, because if they just took one second to look that although FP Shoryuken has less inv. MP. Shoryuken has 4-frames of Inv which is exactly like his SF:IV Ryu counterpart making it just as effective...again, the art of not understanding still eludes me with some current Ryu players.

Shoryuken hitting twice was somehow "bad" because it made it harder to FADC into Ultra...lmao serious? 2-Hit Shoryuken benefits Ryu even more so now because he can go up against Rog and such with greater results because they can no longer dash punch you consistently when you buffer with the 2-hit Shoryuken. Back in SF:IV Ryu with a one-hit DP, you had to guess work alot more against Rog, no longer the case here now.

Yes, Ryu is still a wrecking machine in this game, and his footsies dominate even more so, its just too bad I don't have the time to play FG's and break them down anymore.

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
Are there many pad players out there?
I grew up playing FGs on pad; SF2, Killer Instinct, Tekken. Brawl was the first "fighting" game where I just HAD to learn to use a joystick, because the Wiimote lacked buttons.

I built a stick recently (photo posted previously) and am learning that...got the hang of it.
I'm using Seth now, finally landed a bnb (with legs), and tick spd :)

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I grew up playing FGs on pad; SF2, Killer Instinct, Tekken. Brawl was the first "fighting" game where I just HAD to learn to use a joystick, because the Wiimote lacked buttons.

I built a stick recently (photo posted previously) and am learning that...got the hang of it.
I'm using Seth now, finally landed a bnb (with legs), and tick spd :)
You play Brawl on stick? Really? I've never met anyone who does that. Do you use the TvC stick and plug it into a wiimote or do you use a GCN stick?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I've always wanted to see someone do SSB on an arcade stick. Get rid of the C-Stick and make the stick analog and it's doable.

On another note, Guile is giving my El Fuerte and Ibuki nightmares. I have difficulty getting in without getting flash kicked. I guess I need to put in EX Dash and EX Neckbreaker more in this matchup.

Top Bottom