• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Street Fighter IV *Super, AE and Ver.2012*

Minato

穏やかじゃない
yup. ryu's super is pretty cool.

I'm pretty sure you can even do lp.DP and link the super after it.
Even though I usually use Ryu in games, I hate how he is in 4.
He seems to be able to link into anything from almost everything.

kr3wman

Smash Master
Yeah, any time he can land Ultra 1 he can land super also.
I think you can only link ultra after lp.dp on big characters, but lp.dp to super is like on every character.

Even though I usually use Ryu in games, I hate how he is in 4.
He seems to be able to link into anything from almost everything.
He's like an MvC character. lulz, autochain/link normals.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Minato, why does your ps3 freeze up? Mine is doing it now. ;_;
Sad to hear that. Is yours a 60 GB too?
Mine has been freezing since last summer and I have no idea why. It only happens on PS3 games for me. I usually end up running one of my games and let it sit there so it'll freeze. After restarting it, it usually goes back to normal again until the next time I turn it off. It's really strange. Luckily for me, it won't freeze an hour in, usually just within the first five minutes and that's it.

I hope our PS3s are ok in the long run...

Paix

Smash Apprentice
So I wanna get into SFIV/Super SFIV........

What site should I go to to learn about everything and all the AT's etc? Like basically the SF equivalent of SmashBoards

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
EventHubs is an alright place to go for information if you don't have the time to check like five different websites everyday or just get the text from Capcom forums, just don't go to their strategy or comments sections, then you'll learn why the nickname is EventScrubs

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Sad to hear that. Is yours a 60 GB too?
Mine has been freezing since last summer and I have no idea why. It only happens on PS3 games for me. I usually end up running one of my games and let it sit there so it'll freeze. After restarting it, it usually goes back to normal again until the next time I turn it off. It's really strange. Luckily for me, it won't freeze an hour in, usually just within the first five minutes and that's it.

I hope our PS3s are ok in the long run...
My mom threw a water balloon at it on accident. >_> Its still freezing after the first min. I turn it on. ****

Soda_POP

Smash Rookie

What site should I go to to learn about everything and all the AT's etc? Like basically the SF equivalent of SmashBoards
Shoryuken forums! They have individual boards for each character (much like our own smashboards) filled with knowlegeable people and tons of info.

P.S. hemightbegiant, are you by chance a TMBG fan? Just curious :3

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Too good? Not good enough?
Toooooo too good, lol. I have to really be on my toes if I'm caught by it because she has so many mix-up options.

She can easily reset the combo if you're not careful and rack up preventable damage.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
I think you can only link ultra after lp.dp on big characters, but lp.dp to super is like on every character.
you're talking about a grounded jab dp to ultra right? yeah i think it can work on everyone.. but it's not practical at all.. the way you have to land that DP is REAL weird..the DP's has to hit while ryu is in the air, so he can land then ultra.. yeaaah. Mess around in training mode if you want, and just space yourself a little back.

yeah, just go to shoryuken.com, I only check eventhubs for random little things about SF, you can't really learn **** there. Just play.. and check out srk :D

Minato

穏やかじゃない
It's practical. lol

All you do is jab DP as an anti-air and it's a free Ultra.
Nothing weird about it.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
that's why i said a "grounded" light DP :D

edit: sorry, I should re phrase that.. what I mean to say.. is hitting a grounded opponent, not grounded dp.

here's a video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kg5XZPIH0Yc
Ah, ok. I didn't know what you meant, nor did I know about this.
I thought people were talking about doing a DP to someone jumping at you and then using Ryu's Ultra.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Does anyone have a link to what all the signs for the command list means? I'm trying to learn combos for the characters in the game, but on the command list, I'm not sure what some of the signs mean and the instruction manual doesn't give a very good explanation. Also I'm playing normal Street Fighter 4 if that makes a difference.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Does anyone have a link to what all the signs for the command list means? I'm trying to learn combos for the characters in the game, but on the command list, I'm not sure what some of the signs mean and the instruction manual doesn't give a very good explanation. Also I'm playing normal Street Fighter 4 if that makes a difference.
http://shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=221033

This is a good glossary. It's missing some stuff like cr. (crouching), cl. (close), and etc. But it has explanations for all of the jargon you'll encounter for even games other than SFIV.

Edit: Oh, you're talking about the command list in the actual game. Those are actually pretty self explanatory when you think about them.
They're telling you to input directional motions before pressing an attack button.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
well, what does it look like? hah you could try going to eventhubs.com, click on super street fighter 4 (yeah i know you have just regular sf4) and then click on the character that you're stumped on.

are you stuck on an ultra/super? or is it just a special move that you're not sure about?

the specials can either be mashing (honda,chun,gen) where you just mash on one button

they could be quarter circle forward or back (ryus fireball is forward, tatsu is back)

could be a half circle forward which is dudley's machine gun blow
half circle back is like dudley's cross counter
and the third type of half circle.. i'm not sure how to explain it, but it's sort of diagonal, fei long has one :\

There's also the Z command, usually referred to as a dragon punch movement? you just press forward, down, downforward and yeah.. that's the movement for a shoryu

some moves also require you to hold down buttons. With balrog's turn around punch, you have to hold down all 3 punches/kicks, then release.

then there's all the charge commands.. which are pretty simple, just hold down/back for 2 seconds then press up/forward

gaah >_> let's just hope that WoT doesn't go to waste... LOL

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Mainly the directional inputs are giving me problems, certain ones mainly. For example with Chun Li's super combo, it looks like I'm supposed to go back and forth according to the directions, but I'm not sure if I'm supposed to go back and forth for a certain amount of time....and yeah that was confusing me a lot. Special moves aren't that bad for me it's mainly reading on how to do the super and ultra combos. Like for Ken's super combo I'm supposed to hit my control stick in an upwards arc twice but if I don't do it quick enough I'll end up jumping. Just stuff like that.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
Mainly the directional inputs are giving me problems, certain ones mainly. For example with Chun Li's super combo, it looks like I'm supposed to go back and forth according to the directions, but I'm not sure if I'm supposed to go back and forth for a certain amount of time....and yeah that was confusing me a lot. Special moves aren't that bad for me it's mainly reading on how to do the super and ultra combos. Like for Ken's super combo I'm supposed to hit my control stick in an upwards arc twice but if I don't do it quick enough I'll end up jumping. Just stuff like that.

well, for chun li's super/ultra... that motion is actually just holding back for 2 seconds, then forward, back, and than forward again

for ken's super/ultra.. it's not actually going UP you're just pressing down, downforward, forward (making a quarter circle) and you just have to do that motion twice. Jumps shouldn't be coming out, you're moving the stick up more then you have to.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
After trying to get Fei Long 2nd Ultra to work for the last 11 matches.....i want to say.

It ****ing sucks so far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThRwXfBfU1o&feature=player_embedded#!
Just gotta know where it works. It's kinda ridiculous at times, but it has its uses. The anti-air applications are nice, and if you're good at reading your opponent then you can catch him in between pokes or block strings.

You know Dudley's super? You can block the first two DPs, then use the Ultra before the third comes out. Pretty amazing.

wowoduend

Smash Journeyman
Just gotta know where it works. It's kinda ridiculous at times, but it has its uses. The anti-air applications are nice, and if you're good at reading your opponent then you can catch him in between pokes or block strings.

You know Dudley's super? You can block the first two DPs, then use the Ultra before the third comes out. Pretty amazing.
I did another 7 matches with Fei Long and fought 3 Dudley's. I finally got Fei's U2 to work since Dudley is a hand-to-hand character. I wonder if Fei's U2 works on stretchy character likes Dhalsim and Seth :p

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I know it is ineffective against moves with armor-breaking properties.

It should work, but you never know with this attack, lol.

COME AT ME FROM WHATEVER DIRECTION YOU LIKE!!!.....EXCEPT THAT ONE!

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
well, for chun li's super/ultra... that motion is actually just holding back for 2 seconds, then forward, back, and than forward again

for ken's super/ultra.. it's not actually going UP you're just pressing down, downforward, forward (making a quarter circle) and you just have to do that motion twice. Jumps shouldn't be coming out, you're moving the stick up more then you have to.
Thanks, I figured out how to do chun-li's super, but I can't get the ultra down for some reason, it looks like the same thing as the super combo except you input 3 kicks instead of 1, but when I try that it still only does the super combo.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Thanks, I figured out how to do chun-li's super, but I can't get the ultra down for some reason, it looks like the same thing as the super combo except you input 3 kicks instead of 1, but when I try that it still only does the super combo.
Well I assume you're playing this on a console, use the Left Trigger on 360 and L2 on PS3, that's a controller shortcut for all 3 kicks.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I really hate Ranked Battles where someone does best of 1 and puts 30 seconds on the timer. I thought they would have fixed or removed that **** but no. I lost to someone who pulled that **** on me and asked him why the **** he did it and he said "lulz I'm just doing it 4 da trophies".

Trophies have killed online fighting games.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I really hate Ranked Battles where someone does best of 1 and puts 30 seconds on the timer. I thought they would have fixed or removed that **** but no. I lost to someone who pulled that **** on me and asked him why the **** he did it and he said "lulz I'm just doing it 4 da trophies".

Trophies have killed online fighting games.
I've faced maybe 3 or 4 of those types of matches. Luckily, I won them all without even noticing the timer. :chuckle: Half of those times I end up depleting the opponent's health anyway since it generally means the opponent can't play very well if they have to resort to such tactics.

I'd face these matches any day rather than face people that use lag switches on Ranked.

Top Bottom