• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Street Fighter IV *Super, AE and Ver.2012*

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
The funny thing is, I've only seen one Sagat and one Ken. I've run into Ryu more than anyone else. Aside from him, The selection's rather diverse, but there are a good chunk of the characters that I've yet to fight, namely Akuma, Seth, and Hakan.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Just wait, they're coming. I played Ryu and Ken more than anyone else. I haven't played Honda, Fuerte, Viper, Sakura, or Rufus. I've only played one Seth (it was my 1st match actually) and I got *****, so I don't wanna see anymore of him. :laugh:

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Just wait, they're coming. I played Ryu and Ken more than anyone else. I haven't played Honda, Fuerte, Viper, Sakura, or Rufus. I've only played one Seth (it was my 1st match actually) and I got *****, so I don't wanna see anymore of him. :laugh:
I fought the whole cast already. I still get a lot of shotos, but it's usually like a 33 percent chance or so. It depends.
But surprisingly, I've gotten more variety than I hoped for. :laugh:
I don't know about you, but I stopped hosting for ranked matches. Maybe that'll help lower the amount of shotos.

I'm thinking about picking up some new characters tomorrow for fun. I've gotten over 3000 BP for Ibuki, but I want to mix things up time to time for friendlies. I'm probably going to use Makoto and Guy. I need to read up on Makoto though since I have no clue how to approach on certain matchups though.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I ran into an El Fuerte earlier. Guy stood absolutely no chance against me. I was taking him to Splash Mountain after the first hit.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I almost double-perfected this othe Cody, I missed the last combo for the last combo. :mad:

I'm basically doing the same **** as Minato. I got 2,900 BP with Cody so imma pick up some more characters, probably Dudley, Balrog, Cammy, DeeJay, or Hakan.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I ran into an El Fuerte earlier. Guy stood absolutely no chance against me. I was taking him to Splash Mountain after the first hit.
"Splash Mountain?"

God**** I love the lingo for this game. That had me laughing my *** off, Kuma.

;_; I wish I wasn't so strapped for money. Otherwise I'd be playing with you guys.

Smooth Criminal

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I played Cody for a while when I first picked up the game, (Thursday) and had some crazy fun, but then I just sorta lost interest in him. (I've also yet to ever fight another Cody online, it's kind of strange..)

Adon though, I've had more fun with than any character I've ever played and he just really clicks with me, which I totally didn't expect.

Got 7 wins in a row online today (Personal record, not that great but yeah..really want to get Tenpeat out of the way..)

But now I'm trying to decide whether Jaguar Revolver or Avalanche works better.. I think Revolver definitely does more damage, but it's much harder to set up..any other Adons out there with input?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Once I get around to play SSFIV again, I'm going to try and be more rushdown and see what'll work and what'll be semi-safe with things like her flip and her command dash. I've been doing well so far, but at this rate I'll be turning into a more turtling player again if I don't work on my offense.
Got 7 wins in a row online today (Personal record, not that great but yeah..really want to get Tenpeat out of the way..)
I (think I) got Tenpeat in Endless Battle, so it doesn't have to be ranked.
So I guess you can just play a friend and score/ask for 10 wins...

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
That is pretty neat. I would like to use this for my stick:

Good games last night Minato. You're the first really good Ibuki I've played.

I'm still having trouble hitting the inputs on stick. I know I shouldn't expect too much after having the stick for less than two weeks, but it's still frustrating to miss basic combos.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Good games last night Minato. You're the first really good Ibuki I've played.

I'm still having trouble hitting the inputs on stick. I know I shouldn't expect too much after having the stick for less than two weeks, but it's still frustrating to miss basic combos.
Thanks. I'm still trying to get used to following up whenever I do certain moves since I know that I can extend some combos further. Your Chun Li had me on the ropes on some matches. Once I lose momentum in a match, it's hard for me to come back. Good games.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Epic Makoto cosplay ya got there. Is it a cosplay?

Soda_POP

Smash Rookie
I'll also throw out my psn tag incase anyone would care to play against a Vega and other assorted characters online: Mr_Saturn2863

Edit: Also, Vega's ultra 2 is fantastic and a great asset to him. Fast start-up, goes under fireballs, and is an excellent anti-air. (O w O)

Soda_POP

Smash Rookie
His U1 is better for a anti air. Vega's ultras are both really good.
Eh... yeah, if you go backwards, but then you risk just getting knocked of it by a meaty air move. And if you go fowards, and hit your opponent on the way up, the rest of the ultra whiffs, making it useless. Splendid Claw I feel is quicker, and more effective as an anti-air.

However, Bloody High Claw rocks against projectile-users. I agree, in that with BHC's buffs and SC's properties, Vega has been given two great ultras.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
As I've said before, I don't have the game yet (finals) but I did go over to my friend's house to play it. On my way there, I stopped to pick up a water bottle. When I got to my friends house, I asked him if he knew what time it was. He didn't know, and I responded "IT'S TIME TO OIL UP!" and poured the bottle of water on myself.

True story.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Yeah, I saw it just yesterday actually and it's been helping my game somewhat. I've been more successful as of late with Ibuki also. Getting past some of my bad matchups today. I beat Giefs, Dhalsims, Adons, and more.

I'm still scared of Ryu though. Once he knows not to zone fireballs when you have meter, you have to be real careful. One wrong move and Ultra I is right around the corner. His normals and footsies are really good. As for me, I find it hard to have the opportunity for a Target Combo for my Ultra unless I'm doing a vortex.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'm pretty sure you would crush me, Minato.

I suck against Ibuki.
Too bad I didn't save this one replay I had. I faced a really good Cody. I think he was one of the top ranked in Player Points as well. I just remember is BP for Cody was over 5,000.

I couldn't get in by jumping because of his anti-air. I couldn't abuse kunais far away since he could just hold rocks and throw them when I land. His normals are better than Ibuki's and they keep Ibuki out from doing any target combos.

I think you'd beat me easily if you learned the matchup by playing Ibuki a lot.
My friend said that there are a lot of Ibuki players on the 360, but I haven't really seen too many on PSN.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Dudley's not a zoning character, he's a rushdown character. He does crazy damage up close. We'll just have to wait I guess. But if he's anything like the 3S Dudley, he's top 5.

Top Bottom