• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Street Fighter IV *Super, AE and Ver.2012*

Ken34

Smash Journeyman
you release right when it's about to hit you. doesnt matter how long you hold it for.
I wish TvC was online.....:(

as for SF4, i think im burnt out. i havent played a game so much since melee when i was going to tournaments. i am literally burnt out, i cant play another match, i might throw up. so me and my friend got MKII online, lmao that game is such a throw back.

Minato

穏やかじゃない

as for SF4, i think im burnt out. i havent played a game so much since melee when i was going to tournaments. i am literally burnt out, i cant play another match, i might throw up. so me and my friend got MKII online, lmao that game is such a throw back.
Yeah, online TvC would be cool. Maybe they'll do it for the next one.

And MK II? MK II's awesome. It's like the only fighting game where I want mindless blows being exchanged and don't really care about competition and winning.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
My bp is a little over 7800 now. I'm ranked 30th on PSN. I play Sagat. I love him. That is all.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
I fight good people and sometimes I lose. But that's what makes it exciting.

MaxDeUh

Smash Journeyman
I can't decide on a third. Akuma is a beast and will always be my Street Fighter main. And Rose looked really interesting in SFIV so she's been my secondary.

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
Oh I wanna get Live so bad.... :(

So from what I've been reading Gouken isn't "brouken"? YEHS. I didn't know if I should main him because I thought he was too good with all the counters and what not.

Well, mainin' Gouken, Abel, and haven't really decided on my third one. Maybe Ken/Cammy? :p

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
Oh I wanna get Live so bad.... :(

So from what I've been reading Gouken isn't "brouken"? YEHS. I didn't know if I should main him because I thought he was too good with all the counters and what not.

Well, mainin' Gouken, Abel, and haven't really decided on my third one. Maybe Ken/Cammy? :p
Well, Gouken's good, but I wouldn't call him broken, mostly because his style has many openings for an opponent to counterattack if they are sharp, and he's harder to be adept with than, say, Akuma.

If you're going to main him, though, don't be sneaky about it. I always fight a ton of people who annoyingly wait until there's no time left and then rush over and pick Akuma or Gouken. Usually, I just pick the same character they do; they think they're slick and that they've got an easy win. I never lose when fighting people like that. Don't take Gouken's power for granted - lots of people online do.

Sadly for me, my gamerscore is depressingly low, since I know I'm much better than that. I'm ashamed at my one weakness - I'm inconsistent. I could be destroying my opponent for two or three rounds, and then suddenly drop off and not be able to do anything properly, or I'll spend all afternoon winning matches, and then, a few hours later, not be able to get off a single win. It probably has to do with my lingering resistance to the XBox controller (though I probably shouldn't blame my problems on that), and my penchant for repeating tactics that aren't working out of habit; I haven't played so many different people for so long that, when I find someone who actually can stop my strategies, I've already memorized them as approaches and do them on principle... As a result, I lose to people I know I shouldn't lose to...

Mith_

Smash Champion

I haven't played in 2 weeks cuz I been playin Marvel.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I just went online for the first time in a long time. I'm still stuck around 1600 BP. I'll end up losing 60 BP because of lag. I think it's my router.

There was this one match where Cammy won the first round due to lag. I knew I could do better. I ended up getting a perfect on the next round. LOL

Same thing happened in a match against Dan.

I'm seeing less Ken's since I switched the search priority to more skilled. Unfortunately I'm still fighting people with lower BP. But I did go against one Ken today. I beat him up so bad first round that he ended up disconnecting.

And SF IV on pad sucks...
I need to buy another stick that's NOT Madcatz.

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
Well, Gouken's good, but I wouldn't call him broken, mostly because his style has many openings for an opponent to counterattack if they are sharp, and he's harder to be adept with than, say, Akuma.

If you're going to main him, though, don't be sneaky about it. I always fight a ton of people who annoyingly wait until there's no time left and then rush over and pick Akuma or Gouken. Usually, I just pick the same character they do; they think they're slick and that they've got an easy win. I never lose when fighting people like that. Don't take Gouken's power for granted - lots of people online do.
Well, yeah. A whiffed or blocked hurricane kick means you're gonna to get *****. I've learned not to throw those around too much. :D

And I don't rely on Gouken that much. That he's powerful doesn't mean I can use that power to its fullest. :D Some of his combos are retardedly hard to pull off on the 360's controller, at least during fights.

And I think I'm going for either Cammy or Viper for my third. Dammit, I can't choose.

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
Well, yeah. A whiffed or blocked hurricane kick means you're gonna to get *****. I've learned not to throw those around too much. :D

And I don't rely on Gouken that much. That he's powerful doesn't mean I can use that power to its fullest. :D Some of his combos are retardedly hard to pull off on the 360's controller, at least during fights.

And I think I'm going for either Cammy or Viper for my third. Dammit, I can't choose.
I'd go with Cammy, just because she's such a fun and offbeat character. :laugh:

This isn't really related, but Viper's Ultra always reminds me of Rock or Geese. RAISING STOOOOORM! Same situation - once your opponent has that Ultra in reserve, it's a sign to be on your toes; it's powerful, quick, and makes suckers out of people who are too aggressive.

Also, is it just me, or do some Ultras do more damage the more health the opponent has? I noticed it first with the Retsu Hadoken, but I've also noticed it with Fei Long's Ultra and Rufus' as well.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Hi, this is my first time posting in here. Is there anyone besides me who mains El Fuerte? Also, anyone know where I can get a cheap Wi-Fi adapter?

Mith_

Smash Champion
If you are just learning to play Street Fighter I say learn somebody else maybe like Ryu before you move on to Viper.

Also.
Gutter mind is gutter? Lol.

@codeblack: the more ultra in your meter the more damage you do.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
If you are just learning to play Street Fighter I say learn somebody else maybe like Ryu before you move on to Viper.

Also.

@codeblack: the more ultra in your meter the more damage you do.
I agree, you should try out Ryu first so you can get the basics of the fighting system down. If you want to try other characters besides Viper, try out the charge type characters like Chun-Li.

Mith_

Smash Champion
Yea.
If you have good control over your stick no homo and you can execute moves flawlessly then you can pick up Viper. Her learning curve is pretty high though imo. I'm sure I am wrong, I've actually never picked Viper lol.

Ken34

Smash Journeyman
I haven't played in 2 weeks cuz I been playin Marvel.
you live in georgia? come to my house for some marvel. i need competition. got no one to play. i wish i was still in jersey.

How hard is it to play Viper? She just looks so fun but Ive heard she requires crazy tech skill.

And dont turn this into an innuendo. Obvious bait is obvious.
Yea.
If you have good control over your stick no homo and you can execute moves flawlessly then you can pick up Viper. Her learning curve is pretty high though imo. I'm sure I am wrong, I've actually never picked Viper lol.
her learning curve is very high, for the simple fact she doesnt play similar to any other character IMO. she is very match up based, you really have to learn the match ups with her, like you couldnt just run in a match and just **** off of practicing combos, you really got to know your **** with her. and my god stay away from fighting sagat, he does insane damage to viper while its a uphill fight for her.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Also, is it just me, or do some Ultras do more damage the more health the opponent has? I noticed it first with the Retsu Hadoken, but I've also noticed it with Fei Long's Ultra and Rufus' as well.
You are actually correct. Lower health gives you a defense bonus. This goes for a lot of other fighting games as well.
Also.
Gutter mind is GUTTER TRASH.

smashbot226

Smash Master
Gutter mind is GUTTER TRASH.
LET'S FIGHT LIKE GENTLEMEN.

In before GENTLEMEN pics.

Just fought a CRAZY Gouken player today. He parried every single one of Gen's attacks, then proceeded to kick my arse with an EX Dragon Punch, while cornered, into a Hyakki Shu into a Dive Kick, then as SOON as he lands, he Shin Shoryuken's my arse.

Lost his gamertag, but he perfected me.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Dang, Smashbot! Gouken's a freaking beast. You could just tell by the trailer he was in. His counters are something to watch out for and his back throw, which leads right into his Ultra! LOL. Man...it's been a while since I've been here, but I'm glad there's a Street Fighter IV thread here!

Smash Journeyman
i seem to be liking sagat more and more. hes just beast but im kinda thinking on picking up chun li not for tourny purposes but as soley me liking her.

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
Well, yes his back throw's something to keep in mind, but it has short range from what I've seen.

And over at SRK's forums it's said that Gouken is mid tier, and I'm starting to believe it.

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
Well, yes his back throw's something to keep in mind, but it has short range from what I've seen.

And over at SRK's forums it's said that Gouken is mid tier, and I'm starting to believe it.
A friend of mine didn't like it because it did no damage. I knew better. Anything that doesn't do damage but has an effect in Street FIghter does so because it's setting up something even worse. Everything is in the game for a reason.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
blah blah blah

anyone on XBL record matches?????
Dude, I wished I could record your matches.
I haven't played you for awhile and now you have a lot under your sleeve like FADCing and linking and cancelling Supers with Vega.

I'm trying to get a stick soon so I can play better again. The stupid pad made me whiff Ultras.

But yeah, good games. I didn't deserve that one win with Viper. I just did some frantic BKs until you got hit. LOL

Playing you made other online Vega's easy. I ought to thank you for that.

Dreadz18x

Smash Ace
Dude, I wished I could record your matches.
I haven't played you for awhile and now you have a lot under your sleeve like FADCing and linking and cancelling Supers with Vega.

I'm trying to get a stick soon so I can play better again. The stupid pad made me whiff Ultras.

But yeah, good games. I didn't deserve that one win with Viper. I just did some frantic BKs until you got hit. LOL

Playing you made other online Vega's easy. I ought to thank you for that.
glad i could be of service, i kno you will impress ppl with your viper if u recorded aswell

the one match u one with viper i was making a comeback or sumthing? i forgot.

**** i wish we could record sum stuff, good SF IV matches are so much more entertaining then brawl matches of the highest level. And you're right about making other vega's online easy, ive played them and they are a walk in the park.

and ur sig is hot as **** i fukkin luv strider lol

Top Bottom