• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Street Fighter 4 & Smash Brawl and Melee in Miami, FL (Not mine just advertising)

srk99

Smash Cadet
B.R.A.D.S SportsCards Presents
Street Fighter 4 & Smash Brawl and Melee
Tournament

Street Fighter 4
Prize Pool:$300
Fee:$10

Smash Brawl and Melee
Single Fee:$15
Team Battle Fee:$25
Prize Pool:$700

Registration Starts:10:00am
Saturday August 22, 2009

Where:Crowne Plaza Miami Airport 950 NW Lejeune Rd
Miami, Fl (954)255-2109

Bring your controllers Xbox 360, Xbox, and Wii if you have

There Also Gonna be side events halo 3 tournament more TBA

srk99

Smash Cadet
Well besides this tournement, that friday (the 21st) Mizu Con is also haveing a tournement. Just leting u guys know. But, its a con. So people are going to go show up regardless.

srk99

Smash Cadet
Yeah, but in the anime cons are where tons of tournements are at. In about every anime con there is always a tournement.

MVD

Smash Master
I will be going! but when does it start? Registration is at 10 but wat bout actual start time

DFEAR

Smash Hero
^i wont be on my medication so why not. i gotz money to donate to the fundraiser o.o.

AfroQT

Smash Master
I dont understand this tournament.
Someone should check this out and get the scoop on this tourney.

Rules and such.

AfroQT

Smash Master
I called the place to find out about the rules and such. They are gonna call me back later with the rules and i'll post them.

CrypTik

Smash Journeyman
I say forget this. I'm going to lees tournament at ZP. From what I've read about his brawl tourney it ran smoothly and he's a great host. Like Ed said ZP feels more like home. Plus ZP doesn't close so I can get some mad friendlies.

To you brawl players. I suggest you look more into it before you show up to a tourney with items and smash balls.

AfroQT

Smash Master
Brawl:
Double Eliminations.

- Matches are 3 stock, 8 minutes.

- Items are set to “off” and “none”.

- At the beginning of a set, each player may strike one stage from the available 12.

- 1st match, characters are chosen with double blind picks. After that, advanced slob picks - Loser of 1st match pick stages, the winner of the 1st match picks character, then loser of 1st match picks character. Continue this as necessary until the set reaches completion. Standard sets are best of 3, finals and semifinals are best of 5.

- All forms of stalling are banned. Stalling- The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. This includes MK infinite cape, or any form of stalling under the stage (DK spin, sonic charge B, snake infinite down B teching, etc). Stalling can result in a forfeit of that match for the player thats "stalling" by a TO or judge.

- If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock then by percentage. In the event of a sudden death both players are to suicide immediately. No fighting with bombs @ 300. In the result of a tie, the match will be discarded and played over, same characters and stage.

- Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

Additional Rules:

- In the event of an dispute for controller ports or character color choice, both players will play Rock Paper Scissors for it.

- Dave's Stupid Rule: No player may choose the stage that player last won on (unless agreed upon).

- BYOC, Always check to make sure you're using the correct settings before a match is played.

- Set team attack to "on" and Life Stealing is allowed in doubles.

- The tournament host reserves the right at any time to make you leave the tournament.

Stages:

Starter -
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville

Counter -
Yoshi's Island
Brinstar
Castle Siege
Delfino
Frigate Orpheon
Lylat Cruise
Halberd
Pokémon Stadium 1
Rainbow Cruise

Banned -
Everything else

NOTE: You may play any banned stage as long as both you and your opponent agree and ask a judge or TO.

Melee Ruleset:
- Double Eliminations.

- Matches are 4 stock, 7 minutes.

- Items are set to “off” and “none”.

- At the beginning of a set, each player may strike one stage from the available 13.

- 1st match, characters are chosen with double blind picks. After that, advanced slob picks - Loser of 1st match pick stages, the winner of the 1st match picks character, then loser of 1st match picks character. Continue this as necessary until the set reaches completion. Standard sets are best of 3, finals and semifinals are best of 5.

- All forms of stalling are banned. Stalling- The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. This includes MK infinite cape, or any form of stalling under the stage (Rising Pound, Peach Bomber, etc..) Stalling can result in a forfeit of that match for the player thats "stalling" by a TO or judge.

- If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock then by percentage. In the event of a sudden death both players are to suicide immediately. No fighting with bombs @ 300. In the result of a tie, the match will be discarded and played over, same characters and stage.

- Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

Additional Rules:

- In the event of an dispute for controller ports or character color choice, both players will play Rock Paper Scissors for it.

- Dave's Stupid Rule: No player may choose the stage that player last won on (unless agreed upon).

- The Gentleman's Rule is in effect. This means that, if one player wants to put it to effect, infinite's (i.e. wobbling) will be banned for that particular set. If no mention of the Gentleman's Rule occurs, then infinite's are allowed.

- BYOC, Always check to make sure you're using the correct settings before a match is played.

- Set team attack to "on" and Life Stealing is allowed in doubles.

- The tournament host reserves the right at any time to make you leave the tournament.

Stages:

Starter -
- Battlefield
- Final Destination
- Yoshi's Story
- Pokemon Stadium
- Dreamland 64
- Fountain of Dreams (Singles only)

Counter -
- Pokefloats
- Jungle Japes
- Kongo Jungle 64
- Mute City (Doubles Only)
- Rainbow Cruise
- Brinstar
- Corneria

Banned -
Everything else

NOTE: You may play any banned stage as long as both you and your opponent agree and ask a judge or TO.

I talked to the TO and asked them for their rules. Turns out they didnt really have any "real" set of rules, so i emailed them the ones used for Lee's tournaments.

I guess thats what there gonna use now.
If first post could be updated that'd be nice.
I'll be at this i think.

AfroQT

Smash Master
I think they are splitting 700 no matter how many people enter, so i think it was

1st. 250
2nd. 150
3rd.50

And they were awarding to top 8...i'll call tomorrow again to make sure.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
the way i see it, if melee has that same money split no matter the attendance, and people are gona be at ZP, i might as well go to this and clean up in both tournies :p

Snipa4800

Smash Lord
Seibrik sure loves his money =X.
I'll be here with Dfear (No rhyme intended )

Edit: I hope this doesn't turn out like fusion gaming , I don't want lip when I 0-Death.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
oh it IS intended.

=P, i dont want lip when ill time someone out lol

MVD

Smash Master
I NEED A PARTNER FOR TOMORROW!!!!! anyone? I am trying to get Chaz or Bonesaw to go but I have not been able to get in contact with them

Top Bottom