• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Stratocaster's Hitbox System - New Download Link!

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
how are the images captured? Is it simple a screenshot of each frame of the move with the background disabled....and then GIFed?

I can do Screenshots on my laptop using a capture card, but I cannot run dolphin if thats what ppl are using.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
how are the images captured? Is it simple a screenshot of each frame of the move with the background disabled....and then GIFed?

I can do Screenshots on my laptop using a capture card, but I cannot run dolphin if thats what ppl are using.
Yeah, that's how it's done.

Personally, I use dolphin to take the images and then I use ImageMagick to convert them to gifs. I use the settings -delay 10 -loop 0

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Well I hope that my images come out with enough quality, Im guessing they should be fine, and I have a program somewhere on my comp that I used to make my sig so I should be able to compete some of these tasks. Ill obviously start with m2, because I need the gifs for my thread anyway.

Just asking what speed are u playing these gifs at. its just simple math to calculate how many images of each you need...or how much delay to add.

Massive

Smash Champion
Needs more Kirby hitboxes imo. :ohwell:
I'm waiting on Stratocaster to respond to my PM, I'll have Kirby and Jiggs up as soon as he gets me the frames.

KAOSTAR said:
Well I hope that my images come out with enough quality, Im guessing they should be fine, and I have a program somewhere on my comp that I used to make my sig so I should be able to compete some of these tasks. Ill obviously start with m2, because I need the gifs for my thread anyway.

Just asking what speed are u playing these gifs at. its just simple math to calculate how many images of each you need...or how much delay to add.
Dolphin is being used for cleanness and consistency's sake. Seanson's hitbox system was using video capture for its data, and while still quite usable, it's murky and unpleasant by comparison to the clean lines obtained by Stratocaster's method.

Additionally, all frame data has been captured and is currently being held by Stratocaster and whoever created the frames from dolphin. Whenever he starts answering PMs you could probably get all of the Mewtwo frames from him relatively easily (they are listed as done on the first page).

Nobody's going to stop you from doing a capture yourself, just be aware that you're basically redoing what has already been done.

Finally, we're using a 50ms delay between frames on the gifs.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Aight, thanks Massive. If he has the frames already collected then yea I could gif those lol. Ill pm him to see if I can get ahold of them.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Thanks alot, OP is updated to represent that

11/26 characters done! Almost half way there. Good job guys, hopefully when Strat gets back it won't take long to finish off all the rest. In the summer I may even be able to code something like the old Seanson system.

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
Hey guys, thanks for your patience. I just had my last (important) final of the semester. I'm ready to get this thing done... who wants to help?

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
So, a lot of these posts you guys make are usually sticky worthy, or in general the room would like them to be stickied.

Feel free to shoot me a VM or PM if you post an entire hitbox list for a character and would like it stuck in your character specifics board.

I check this thread every so often but well you know. Might miss it.

Also awesome stuff.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
im trying to get the pic per post changed so that we can put an entire character move set in one post. currently its set at twenty....I recommend 45

:phone:

Jonas

Smash Champion
I don't really get the autocancel notation. If it says something like <3 36>, does it mean it autocancels before frame 3 and after frame 36?

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Thanks. I'll be doing yoshi's hitboxes next because I've already started a bit on him. I want to do kirby's hitboxes including his hats, but that's a lot of time and effort. I might just wait until every character other than him is done. :p

Massive

Smash Champion
Thanks. I'll be doing yoshi's hitboxes next because I've already started a bit on him. I want to do kirby's hitboxes including his hats, but that's a lot of time and effort. I might just wait until every character other than him is done. :p
I have almost all of the kirby hitboxes (including hats).

We're missing the utilt/uair/usmash hitboxes.
Capture those and send them to me and we're done.

I WILL MAKE A THREAD AND GIVE YOU EQUAL PRESTIGE.

DRGN

Technowizard
In the OP I see, "I've prepared zip file with everything you need..." But I don't see a mention of where that is.

I'm interested in the method you guys are using to get these images.

Partly I want to know: do you directly create the gifs from the captures, or create a series of images and then combine them? I'm wondering if there are better quality images. I was hoping to see PNGs or bitmaps or some other lossless format produced from this (well, in addition, since everyone loves gifs, lol), especially since one of the goals here was quality.

So if there ARE higher quality images of these frames, do you guys still have them?

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
We use dolphin to take the images. I have a few characters that I've done still on my computer. I can get you a specific frame from one of them if you'd like. I'm not sure about the others.

DRGN

Technowizard
There are particular settings used to make sure all of the images are similar and to the same scale, correct?

And where are the files the OP mentioned for download? Are there instructions in another thread or something? I looked around, but haven't seen anything.

What form are the images that you have in (animated GIFs, JPGs, PNGs)? If you could send me all of the images you have (assuming they're better quality and not the gifs already available here) that would be great.

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
I have about all the images, they're scaled the same and all that. I'm missing a few, but I don't remember which ones. My life is consumed by school right now (Chemical Engineering...), but if you remind me on December 15, I will post everything I have, and even try to finish up anything I don't. I think standardtoaster has a lot of characters, but ours don't match up (scale-wise) afaik. My images are PNG's I believe. Sorry that I never posted them. I wanted to get them all done first, but they're really close to done, and I've just forgotten to finish them.

Top Bottom