• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Stratocaster's Hitbox System - New Download Link!

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
Thanks, for some reason it didn't send me an email notification last time, but it did this time. I'll get on it.

Go engineering.

Edit: I've been working on it, and it will take at least a few more days.

DRGN

Technowizard
Great! Thank you! Out of curiosity, what are you working on with them? (I only need the "stills" btw (pngs or whatever highest quality you guys have)).

Also, it looks like I may not need to know, but just in case it comes in handy, where are the files the OP mentioned for download? Are there instructions and/or files in another thread or something? I thought for example for using specific settings so there's consistency between the images since several different people created them. I looked around, but haven't seen anything. I'm starting to guess that these files (the zip) were given out by X1-12 directly, and the instructions were included.

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
All the images will be available for download and sized proportionally as best as possible in order for the images to be comparable just like in the game.
I emphasized the "future perfect" tense for emphasis (btw I quoted it as myself because I actually wrote those words before X1-12 took over the thread. The files are on my harddrive, the ones I have are available for download nowhere in the universe atm. The whole point of what I'm doing right now is to finish the files I have, so that its a finished product I feel ok with opening up to download.

If you really want a specific character right now, I can make that happen. Otherwise, I'll finish them and upload them by the end of the week if I can.

@Toaster: sounds great

DRGN

Technowizard
How about do 40-50% opacity on the visuals? It would be useful to compare where the hitbox is to where the animation is.

DRGN

Technowizard
So there's no way to just display the model\animation without the fire graphics?

Because if we could do so at all it would be a piece of cake to continue from there. Just create two images, one with the graphics and one without, then in an image editing program overlay the one with the fire graphics on top and put it's opacity to 40%. We could probably even make a Photoshop macro to do batches automatically.

Maybe others might have ideas for more ways to display the models?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
It's not that easy to get the camera zoom exactly the same for that. =(

DRGN

Technowizard
Oh, I see. How is the consistency achieved for the others? I'm not real familiar with the process being used for this. I know that an emulator and a form of AR is being used, but that's pretty much it. :p

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
There's no way to turn off the fire graphics and keep the hitboxes, at least afaik, and I've looked into it pretty thoroughly.

The consistency was "eyeballed" I guess you could say. I had particular visual cues of the scenery I used and I was very meticulous about making it the same each time. It was really the only option. I have confidence though that the consistency is there such that each of the frames are comparable.

I've gotten quite a bit done. I might post what I have soon without Marth and Roy though first, and come back to them later. They're sorta special cases, and Roy's are incomplete.

DRGN

Technowizard
Cool! Good job.

I'm wondering what other characters this could be useful for. Maybe Firefox/Firebird? Samus' usmash/fair?

If this ends up being a lot of work I would be willing to help.

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
Nice, I'm not sure exactly what you did. (Was that a dolphin option or in the debug menu or what?) but I did realize by checking "disable textures" in dolphin you get about the same effect, except Zelda wouldn't have the other textures, not that its a problem if you just want to overlay it.

Anyway, good job. I'm making great progress on my stills myself. I really want them done.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Using MasterHand, I went to the AttackAirHi subaction and found the hex strings of the graphics commands. I then found those in the file in a hex editor and replaced them with the auto cancel commands. You could do this for any other move to remove graphics from them.

Can't wait for the stills.

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
Hey I feel bad that I haven't managed to finish this up yet, but I've decided I'm going to try to post one a day at least. Here's a teaser at least:

Bowser

I was hoping to get this thread's OP back, but a mod didn't respond to me. So for now I think I'll be just updating this post.

Also if there's any character you want specifically, just tell me and I will try to put that one up. The only ones I don't have practically finished are Kirby, Roy, and Marth. Anyone else I could upload in probably an hour or less of work.

Jonas

Smash Champion
Good thing you're putting work in characters like Kirby, Roy and Bowser. We're dying to see their hitboxes ;)

Ok ok I'll stop before you get the impression that I don't appreciate your work. Keep it up :)

PGH Carroll

Smash Master
Some one do yoshi!
Call me crazy but I'm thinking there's a way that you could consistantly phantom hit a resting jiggs with yoshi up smash. I've done it a couple of times. But I'd like to see that hit box.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Some one do yoshi!
Call me crazy but I'm thinking there's a way that you could consistantly phantom hit a resting jiggs with yoshi up smash. I've done it a couple of times. But I'd like to see that hit box.
FYI magus once told me that Jiggs moves around (a matter of a pixel or two) while sleeping, meaning you won't be able to do this consistently =[

Also sorry Strat for kinda stealing your thread, I was just trying to keep the project alive while you were away, kinda didn't really end up like that but eh.

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
Also sorry Strat for kinda stealing your thread, I was just trying to keep the project alive while you were away, kinda didn't really end up like that but eh.
It's cool. Who did you ask to transfer the thread? I'd just like to ask for it back.

In the meantime, just for you "DJnicholasRAGE"

Yoshi stills

If someone wants to make a thread of gifs, go ahead.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
I can't make gifs with those images because of how my script works. :(

I use Imagemagick to make gifs with the following script.
Code:
convert -delay 10 -loop 0 *.png attack.gif
Because I use dolphin to make the gifs they're labelled as GALE01-*.png where the * is any number. I have 10 images in the picture folder dolphin dumps to so that it begins them with GALE-11.png. It can then go through them 11-19, 20-29, etc.

I can't use your images to make them because it reads the number after the paren first. 1, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 2, 20, etc. It would make them out of order.

I don't know how to make gifs with anything else. :(

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
Ok, I actually thought about it (gasp, using my brain) and it can work.
If you really want to do it, a simple rename should make it work with your script. Going through and renaming them should take just a few minutes.

Just open the folder press "end" > hold "shift" > "home" > "F2" > type "(11)" > "enter"

That will rename all the images from start to finish starting from 11 to the end, and should make it work with your script if I understand correctly.

PGH Carroll

Smash Master
FYI magus once told me that Jiggs moves around (a matter of a pixel or two) while sleeping, meaning you won't be able to do this consistently =[
yeah i noticed that. i always up smash once when jiggs misses one just to see if i can get lucky with it. i know its not easy lol just would help since im fuzzy on that hit box anyway.

also thanks strat!

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
Megaupload went down...
I really can't believe it...
I'll have to reupload my files to some other site now.
So those links for download are now broken. Not to mention I transferred a lot of stuff between people through that site, so any raw images I didn't save I can't go back and get.

Oh well. Sorry that the links are down already, but I'll try to post like 5 characters this weekend or something, cause I don't have time atm.

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
So 20 characters are ready for download here.

Later I'll go through and sort them out so you can just click on a link here, for now, that'll do.

Not finished (in order of expected finishing time):
Sheik
Ylink
Zelda
Marth
Roy
Kirby

The first 3-4 you can expect in the next few weeks. Roy and Kirby I just hope to get done in the next few months.

Top Bottom