• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Stratocaster's Hitbox System - New Download Link!

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Hey I can't even try to begin on this till sunday I do homework as i'm on SBs so I end up taking up a lot of time so I won't have enough time to sit down and do his till sunday.

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
Hey I can't even try to begin on this till sunday I do homework as i'm on SBs so I end up taking up a lot of time so I won't have enough time to sit down and do his till sunday.
no hurry, seriously, I have plenty of work to do editing other people's raw work, and no one is earnestly waiting for pichu's hitboxes except for that one insane guy who's crazy about pichu, you know the one right?

EWBF you did an awesome job, perfect, feel free to start on ganondorf as soon as you like

TO ALL IMAGE COMPILERS: UPDATE
don't worry about naming any of them besides that they need to be numbered in order (could start at peach289 for all I care and end at peach328) it turns out its actually easier for me to rename them myself and its kinda complicated to explain why (basically I edit all images in mass and must rename the output files or else they mix in with the original files and I have to delete each original file individually...)

MooseEatsBear

Smash Journeyman
The raw data for Peach is done. I want to do Ganondorf next, if it's all right with Moose.

Here's a tip for you other volunteers. Use Dolphin's save state feature. It expedites the process and makes uniformity extremely easy. Press Shift+F1 (or F2-F6 or more) to save, and then press that F button to load that frame.
Go right ahead. I'm changing my mind about doing Ganondorf. I'd like to do Fox after Sheik instead.

X1-12

Smash Champion
bad news =[ my PC is too bad to run the game, whenever I try anything tough like jumping its too much and dolphin crashes...

MooseEatsBear

Smash Journeyman
I had the download running over night, and my computer thought it would be an awesome idea to automatically reset and update itself when the download was only 46% done. So I'm downloading it again, but by the time I'm done downloading it, I'll be at work for another five hours, so I won't be able to tell you when/if it works.

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
bad news =[ my PC is too bad to run the game, whenever I try anything tough like jumping its too much and dolphin crashes...
One thing you should try is go to configure and there should be a place where it says framelimit: auto, change this to 20/30, and the game wont even try to run over 33%/50%, that should put less stress on your cpu, its at least worth a shot, this doesn't really hurt much at all either because most of the time you spend frame-by-frame anyway

MooseEatsBear

Smash Journeyman
So Here's what I got right after I opened the ISO.

"Cannot create opengl renderer. You might be missing some opengl extensions, check the logs for more info."

Then

"The instruction at "0x04945985" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "read".

Click on OK to terminate the program"

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
2 possible fixes are:
install direct x
go to config and on the plugins change the graphics one from OpenGL to Direct3D9

If you have an intel graphics processor it may not work at all

X1-12

Smash Champion
@Moose: Have you unzipped the whole folder? if not it probably won't work. You may need a program called 7-Zip, which I used and it works very well

X1-12

Smash Champion
regrettable stratocaster, it won't run on my PC whatever I do :(:(:(:(:(:(:( is there anything I can do to help out? like making the GIFs? I'm fairly computer savvy and can get my head around new things with not much trouble

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
can you run GIMP? its a free photoshop alternative, if you can I can put you to work ;)

BTW I'm completely done with peach with help from EWBF but I need to post her, and I'm working on Fox right now

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
Ok I have all the fox frames done, I'll send them to you w/ instructions on how to make them into gifs a little later, its pretty simple

Todd Bonney

Smash Lord
I'm noticing some discrepancies in Ganon's aerial moves. Should I try to eliminate horizontal momentum?

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
Ya thats what I did, I just let myself fall on the right side of tmario, it stretches no matter what, but I prefer to chose a direction to stretch (up) rather than be jumping around and let it be unclear how they're stretching

Tero.

Smash Champion
Can't wait for Fox, Sheik and Marth.
Thank you for all the work, really appreciate that.

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
you could click the link I gave you and then click on latest for gamers and then the top link

but heres the page you get when you do that to save you the trouble:
click me

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
Dibs on Zelda's hitboxes? I have SSBM but I need the debug code for dolphin and instructions on how to make the background black / hitbox viewer showing / whatever

X1-12

Smash Champion
Cosmo, Stratocaster is busy but I have a copy of everything you need. If you have any questions just post here or PM me, I'll send you things now

Once if have made them into Gifs I will post them on the appropriate characters boards with credit to the image compiler.

@Stratocaster: send me any images for characters that are done, I can get going on them soon as I have free time over the next week

X1-12

Smash Champion
what do you mean white areas? can you give me an example? its possible that its just the character model showing through where there is no hitbox/hurtbox

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
During Falcon's side+b, there are three white circles in front of him. I don't think they're hitboxes because they last until the move is completely over.

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
During Falcon's side+b, there are three white circles in front of him. I don't think they're hitboxes because they last until the move is completely over.
Those white circles are activation hitboxes. When they come in contact with a hurtbox (some other surfaces like shields active them too) they activate another action. For falcon its a flaming uppercut, for peach its an explosive butt.

Fox hitboxes look awesome man, I'll add the link to the OP and send you more asap.
Note Peach's hitboxes are edited I just need to post them, and the hitboxes done by "Aizen" are sent to me by someone who didn't use my guidelines so to edit them correctly is going to take extra work to make them the right size (and I'm probably just going to redo them instead)

X1-12

Smash Champion
coolio, hope you don't mid but I asked cosmo to send me the finished pics for zelda so I can start working on them right away

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
thats fine, if I just started the ball rolling and others finish it I wouldn't mind. That said I want to contribute to my own project as much as possible

I'll find time to do Marth in the next few days. You were signed up for him X1-12 but I figure I'll do him since you can't

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
thats my bad I didn't remember he had a second jab I'll get that added soon
IC's are done and I'll send them to you X1-12 probably before you see this

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
is there a way we can make these without the camera moving with the character? it kind of messes with my head when the background is pitch black and the camera is moving but there is no frame of reference. makes it hard to figure out spacing on certain moves.

also if there's like a 0 gravity code or something so the character floats in place that would be a real pro way to do the aerial hitboxes (no aerial momentum drag frames)

X1-12

Smash Champion
I wouldn't worry too much about the hitbox stretches, the hitboxes still look real clean

The other part I think you just have to try and deal with it, I don't believe there's any way around it, Stratocaster might know more

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
I found a low gravity cheat which could help possibly but I haven't tested it out and I doubt it really makes a big difference... if you find a 0 gravity code that would be kinda interesting but I'm not sure how I do anything with that cause I can't even move around a stage w/ no gravity

Top Bottom