• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Stratocaster's Hitbox System - New Download Link!

Pi

Smash Hero
I don't know anything about a 0 gravity AR code, but I do think that this trick could be used as a way to eliminate 100% of the hitbox drag. Just a thought.
i was thinking about using that
and in theory it seems like it could work, since the mario btt stage (the one we're using) does have ceilings on it...

Tero.

Smash Champion
Couldn't you just add all the new frame images to the old hitbox system, so we have a program again? (like being able to stop are move on frame by frame)

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
I tried and it doesn't work, unless you can edit a java program or get seanson to edit it, and seanson won't I asked him a while ago

Pi

Smash Hero
i wonder how well i remember VB...lol

strato i might re-do some of samus' **** w/ the trick, it was really bothering me to have drag

Dre the Ace

Smash Ace
Shouldn't the initial focus of this project be characters who haven't already been covered in this thread?
Ditto this. What's the word for G&W's progress? I need to know him inside and out if I wanna make him low tier, lol.

Edit: Just saw the edit in the first post about Aizen. I could maybe try doing/finishing G&W. I don't know how much time I'll have since I'm a senior in college but I can give it a try.

I can actually put a lot of time into it for tonight/tomorrow. So maybe if someone gets to this in time, I can finish G&W.

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
I'll send you everything and you can decide for your self, I hardly have any time for this and I'm a freshman in college. (Also G&W's nair takes up the entire screen, true story)

I can't get the zero gravity glitch to work like it does on hyrule in those videos, it just doesn't seem to work on tmario... if anyone gets it to work tell me if there's a trick. I'm almost done w/ M2 but couldn't get the glitch to work.

Also when I did it on hyrule he always faced left for no apparent reason... and they're supposed to face right. We could flip them I guess or just leave it by it kinda ruins the consistency

Pi

Smash Hero
I'll send you everything and you can decide for your self, I hardly have any time for this and I'm a freshman in college. (Also G&W's nair takes up the entire screen, true story)

I can't get the zero gravity glitch to work like it does on hyrule in those videos, it just doesn't seem to work on tmario... if anyone gets it to work tell me if there's a trick. I'm almost done w/ M2 but couldn't get the glitch to work.

Also when I did it on hyrule he always faced left for no apparent reason... and they're supposed to face right. We could flip them I guess or just leave it by it kinda ruins the consistency
well you could B turnaround

is there a way to start w/ 999 on tmario?

X1-12

Smash Champion
I also have to apologise for lack of progress recently. School just started again for me so life won't be normal again for a couple of days.

mastermoo420

Smash Ace
I didn't read all 7 pages, but is a distributable program going to be made so that we can even use this offline along with not having to have unnecessary images flood the page? Having just Fox's open lagged my computer. :( And it's not a bad computer at all.

And, eventually, could we have frame data on the non-hitbox moves as well? I know the data for, say, jumping is still available, but only in text. If we could have frames for those along with the data on the side (kinda like how Seanson's had a spot for notes on the side), that'd be COOL. And M2K could add his stuff like "16th longest roll" or "32nd strongest attack" on the side or whatnot.

Sorry if these have been mentioned before or, in the case of the second one, if it's really time-consuming, lol. It could be, like, a later version or something, but with how extensive this project seems to be, I feel like having something that will never be out-dated/incomplete in any way would be really nice.

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
It could be, like, a later version or something, but with how extensive this project seems to be, I feel like having something that will never be out-dated/incomplete in any way would be really nice.
This is the plan right now, all the complex stuff for a later version. Gather all the frames now, and put them in threads, then once we have all the files the next step is to figure out how to code something organized to keep them in. I have zero programming knowledge so anyone who wants to step up is welcome.

X1-12

Smash Champion
knihT: Thanks for all your work, I know you have done Samus and I'll do my best to get her uploaded soon

The ones done by Aizen are not all bad, I have the Roy frames from him for most moves so you will not need to do the whole move set. I only need the following ones:

Air dodge
dash attack
dash grab
grab
roll back
roll forward
spot dodge
side B (this is complicated and you need to record each hit separately. This is the list of all hits)

attack 1
attack 2 up
attack 2 side/neutral/down
attack 3 side/neutral
attack 3 up
attack 3 down
attack 4 side/neutral
attack 4 down
attack 4 up

You can tell when one attack begins as the attack number in the top left corner of the screen changes

I'm also worried about SDM website being down, does anyone know of anywhere else to find that data?

mastermoo420

Smash Ace
This is the plan right now, all the complex stuff for a later version. Gather all the frames now, and put them in threads, then once we have all the files the next step is to figure out how to code something organized to keep them in. I have zero programming knowledge so anyone who wants to step up is welcome.
Ohhh, nice. :) I'm looking forward to it.

Also, can I help out with doing Link? I happen to have a lot of free time on my hands (oftentimes), and I wanna help out with this a li'l. :3

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
I keep putting off uploading it (kinda a pain) Now that SuperDoodleMan's site is down its gonna be an ultra pain. I'll do it today if I can find that and by the end of the week if I can't. I'm gonna check google cache and hopefully someone downloaded all the excel spread sheets

Pi

Smash Hero
I keep putting off uploading it (kinda a pain) Now that SuperDoodleMan's site is down its gonna be an ultra pain. I'll do it today if I can find that and by the end of the week if I can't. I'm gonna check google cache and hopefully someone downloaded all the excel spread sheets
i msg'd him on youtube, his last sign in was 6 days ago
idk we'll see
but yea i'm doing roy, got all the stuf X1 listed except for some of his SB stuff done

Metà

Smash Master
I have an idea for how you can make aerial hitboxes more accurate.

The problem with them right now, is that you're displaying them while a character is falling. This gives the false impression that the hitboxes are stretched vertically, which only occurs while a character is falling (as opposed to while they're rising, or at the apex of their jump).

To counter-act this, you can go to a stage like Hyrule Temple and do the zero gravity glitch, as seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3whkS3G8po

With this, you can show the hitboxes as they are without stretching due to movement.

Pi

Smash Hero
I have an idea for how you can make aerial hitboxes more accurate.

The problem with them right now, is that you're displaying them while a character is falling. This gives the false impression that the hitboxes are stretched vertically, which only occurs while a character is falling (as opposed to while they're rising, or at the apex of their jump).

To counter-act this, you can go to a stage like Hyrule Temple and do the zero gravity glitch, as seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3whkS3G8po

With this, you can show the hitboxes as they are without stretching due to movement.
appreciate the thought
but the following quoted posts are all about that glitch

I don't know anything about a 0 gravity AR code, but I do think that this trick could be used as a way to eliminate 100% of the hitbox drag. Just a thought.
i was thinking about using that
and in theory it seems like it could work, since the mario btt stage (the one we're using) does have ceilings on it...
I really like that idea. Any new ones I do will use that, and I'll try and faze out the ones with drag... awesome idea!

X1-12

Smash Champion
I now have a 'Tech support' guide - Stratocaster: feel free to quote or link this in OP, or link it in the package you send to people.

Step 1) Try loading the game with no AR codes active. Make sure you can just do a simple vs match or something and move the character. If this works fine skip to step 2

[collapse=If you can't open/load the game at all]1.) You probably didn't unzip the game file/dolphin emulator/something. If this is the case then your folder for dolphin will end .Zip, and your melee game file will end .RAR if either of these are the case you probably want to download a program called 7-Zip to extract the files[/collapse][Collapse=If you can't move the Character/get controller errors]If this is the case you will probably get a message saying something about GCN plugin error. This normally means you need to download a new version of Direct X (probably this one)
[/collapse]

Step 2) Can't get to the AR menu using the standard codes?

[Collapse=Adding new codes due to differen SSBM versions]Right click on the game -> Properties
Click the AR codes tab
Edit config button a notepad should open
Scroll to the bottom and add codes like this

$debug 1
00081472 08000000
024D473C 00000602
$debug 2
01CC2E1C 08000000
024D5B9C 00000602
$debug 3
01C46D0A 08000000
024D68BC 00000602

then save the notepad, close, tick debug 1, test it, if not untick, tick debug 2 etc.

[/collapse][collapse=Still not working?]
Try downloading the SSBM file again. I know for a fact that this code works with the SSBM from the download link (not the torrent) its the same one as the debug 2 above

$debug 2
01CC2E1C 08000000
024D5B9C 00000602
[/collapse]

Step 3)

[collapse=Life is lame! it still doesn't work/I get error messages still]PM me with screenshots/copies of the error messages you get or full details of the problem you are having. I'll do my best from there.[/collapse]

I really will finish the char I'm working on soon

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
Alright using google cache I saved all but DK and Roy (they weren't saved by cache unfortunately)

If anyone needs/wants this data most of it you can get in microsoft work form here

you can find all of it in a different format here

The excel spread sheets I haven't done (just the characters) but I might do them if SDM doesn't respond soon. Surely he has all this stuff backed up... but just in case I've saved what I need for this project at least. I'll do peach today if I have time after I finish homework. I think I should...

Edit: X1-12 I'll link that to the OP, and that should help me a lot someone is PMing me today about it not working... its not like I made dolphin so I'm not exactly an expert. Did you get it to work for yourself though? I thought you couldn't...

X1-12

Smash Champion
I can load debug menu then get to TMario but as the game is starting it lags and the game freezes causing dolphin to crash. It always crashes just as I land on the stage (you start just above it) I can only assume this is because dealing with landing on the platform is too processor-intensive (LOL). The only comp I have is a laptop which is not that great.

mastermoo420

Smash Ace
Btw, why do you need to worry about stretched hitboxes? There should be an explanation as to why it's like that, and there is almost no point in gameplay where you'll be at a situation where you're perfectly still in the air. If anything, there should just be a frameset for regular falling and FF'ing. But then, if we're doing that, we might as well add the still frames as well?

EDIT: Sign me up for Link? ?_?

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
Btw, why do you need to worry about stretched hitboxes? There should be an explanation as to why it's like that, and there is almost no point in gameplay where you'll be at a situation where you're perfectly still in the air. If anything, there should just be a frameset for regular falling and FF'ing. But then, if we're doing that, we might as well add the still frames as well?

In each thread there is an explanation that says why the hitboxes are stretched the way they are. The frames will also stretch differently for jumping up or running and shorthopping, theres almost limitless ways an attack can stretch so having it not stretch at all or only one direction all the time is best (letting it stretch up is the most consistant and easy to do)

Still frames would be ideal but I haven't gotten the glitch to work on any stage other than hyrule and it needs to be on tmario to get the size correct. We could do it on hyrule but it would require extra image editing and be kind of a pain. If we did that I'd want to do it myself so I don't have to worry about everyone's being different and just a bunch of junk....

i'm just typing what I think so that was all kinda unneccessary
you're added to the OP now

Metà

Smash Master

your effective hitbox is still mostly the neutral hitbox, because chances are if you're falling while doing the aerial, the opponent isn't going to be falling as fast as you (unless you're some really floaty character that can't fall fast).

people get a false sense of how big the hitbox really is when it's stretched. that's my concern, really

mastermoo420

Smash Ace
Ah, okay. Btw, WHY DOES MY SCREEN CAPTURE NO LONGER START AT 00? It did for the first one, but all the subsequent screencaptures start from, like 100 or 200 or 250 or something. >_> I hate going back to rename them.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Don't bother renaming them, it really doesn't matter, so long as each moves are in the correct folders

mastermoo420

Smash Ace
oh PSH okay P: That makes life a lot easier. Oh, also, for doing aerials, I should do them at the peak of my first jump, right? But what about moves such as Link's d-air? It gets stuck in the ground so... ?_? And dash attack/dash grab? Should I have one frame of dash or what? Or can I be in the wait position, dash the next, and start the attack/grab first possible frame?

EDIT: and for the f-smash, there are two hits, second is optional. Should I isolate the second hit or should I just do it all at once? Same for the jabs (same question).

For the boomerang, should I just do the release without the boomerang actually in it or should I have it thrown and wait until the boomerang comes back and get frame data for the retrieval?

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
for aerials I usually jump off the right side of the stage and capture it while falling
and if I can get it to work soon I'm going to do it while being pushed into the ceiling so it doesn't drag...

for dashes it doesnt really matter, but just do some frame of the dash

mastermoo420

Smash Ace
LOL I also hope you don't mind the MSN notification thing that pops up on the bottom right for at least my grounded up-B. It doesn't get in the way of the hitbox at all/it's probably going to be cropped out, but still, lol.

Also, for jabs/f-smash, I'll be doing the sets of frames equivalent to number of stages. Like, if the jabs are 3 different hit thingies (I think they are), I'll do the first jab, then the first jab + second, then all of them. How many repetitions of the multi-hitting thing should I do? :p

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
nothing else should be in your frames ever if you did it right, mark *active window* in screen hunter. If you don't youre making it harder to edit your raw data because if you do just the active window than theres an automated process we have to edit them, if you don't then we have to do them one by one

pleeeeease use the active window button

just separate each part of moves with different parts

mastermoo420

Smash Ace
Oh, alright (for the parts). And I do use the active window thing. The thing is that I think the program registers just the area that's used for the active window, and when the notification appears in the area, it just takes a picture of that, too.

And don't worry about me asking all these questions and not getting anything done. I've finished about 2/3 of it already ;o

EDIT: This also kinda sucks since Link's grapple's hitbox on the tip of the grapple doesn't show when using the standards of the camera. Also, I'm done except for the jabs. :p

EDIT: Hook me up with Zelda, because I'm sending Link over to you after I finished compressing and uploading. :p Where's a good place to upload to? I hate .bmps for this reason... T-T So freakin' big. PNGs are so much better.

EDIT: Compressed to 100 some MB o_O

Dre the Ace

Smash Ace
I just finished G&W after borrowing a friend's gaming computer. I hope that its alright if one of the targets shows up a little bit in some frames, it doesn't intersect G&W at all though. I shoulda just destroyed it when I started, but the thought only occurred after I finished everything. Starting to organize and compress everything. Then I will send it out.

Top Bottom