• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Steve Rocks Smash! Steve (and Alex) Social Thread

goodspeed87

Smash Journeyman
My idea for a Steve Moveset! So fun and unique. GENO’s my og#1 but I adore the idea of Steve... there are just to many good, imaginative kits possible for him! I especially liked the Monado Arts-style Crafting Special someone suggested!

MINECRAFT STEVE Moveset:

Soil (^B): spawns a dirtblock under his feet to stand on. If grounded, spawns in front of him. If it hits an opponent, they become grounded in the dirt or spiked.

Minecart (>B): similar to Wario’s Bike but when tilted it’s track will raise off the ground at an angle (so you can aim it up or down and bail out to hit at odd angles; think also like Pacman’s >B but using a vehicle with much less curve). Anyone can even land back on the track for a moment before it despawns!

Upgrade (dB): like charging Cloud’s limit break except quicker & each charge upgrades your weapon/armor (wood/gold/iron/diamond; subject to durability losses)...

Bowshot (B): like Link’s Bow but much slower flying/releasing & weaker but with greater hitstun & able to be aimed in any direction. Can move at a medium-pace while charging too.

fAir: his Pickaxe can stick into the side of walls to allow him to free-climb.

fTilt: chucks a Torch at an arc, sticks where it lands (even against walls!). Scorches those who touch them. Steve can have 3 out at a time & collect them off the ground, fast-ish despawn.

fSmash: Drops a Pig... like Villager’s bowling ball except it’ll also dash forward upon landing.

Jab: rapid sword poke, different depending on class of sword.

EXTRAS

Creeper Assist Trophy: chases down the nearest victim and detonates with a delayed fuse.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Alex could work as an Echo or an easy costume for Steve?. That's what's interesting about the artstyle. Costumes are really really easy to do. Even if you lighten up the aesthetics to make them a bit more cartoony, the blcoky design helps with this.

I'd love to see 'em in. I've been interested in a terraforming moveset, and that was the most unique thing I could think of for Isabelle(she has bits and pieces of it, at least?). Could be rather fun~

Graf von Tirol

Smash Cadet
I can see Alex work the same way Alph does for Olimar.

Granted, Steve? is not the character I would've asked for first, but the more that I think about it... *shrugs* I mean the SSB series has made movesets with blank slates before so they can find a way to make him work too.

Last edited:

I'd Negæte That

Smash Cadet
I think the End would be a great stage to include should they even follow through with this idea. I think he is objectively more likely to be included than Banjo-Kazooie. Not a lot of average kids know about a game that was made a generation ago, and I only learned of their existence from people saying "Banjo-kazooie should be in smash because Nintendo had rare IP decades ago and Microsoft said yes!." As much as I'd love to see the bird-bear duo in smash, I am not holding my breath for them.
Not sure about what they could possibly include for Minecraft Music though. Alpha (the credits) and then.... what? Aria Math?

Bandanna_Waddle_Dee

Smash Apprentice
I think the End would be a great stage to include should they even follow through with this idea. I think he is objectively more likely to be included than Banjo-Kazooie. Not a lot of average kids know about a game that was made a generation ago, and I only learned of their existence from people saying "Banjo-kazooie should be in smash because Nintendo had rare IP decades ago and Microsoft said yes!." As much as I'd love to see the bird-bear duo in smash, I am not holding my breath for them.
Not sure about what they could possibly include for Minecraft Music though. Alpha (the credits) and then.... what? Aria Math?
Mice on Venus is probably the track I most associate Minecraft with. If Steve IS in, I hope it gets some sort of orchestrated remix.

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
I support Minecraft content in Smash (stage and creeper AT) but I do NOT support playable representation.

Toucan_Man

Smash Cadet
Imagine the buzz a Minecraft Steve announcement would make. I can’t really say I’m a supporter, but I would certainly be entertained if he got in. If he gets in, his pummel has to be him hitting his opponent with a pickaxe like they’re a Minecraft block.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Mice on Venus is probably the track I most associate Minecraft with. If Steve IS in, I hope it gets some sort of orchestrated remix.
Whenever I hear that song, I think of the setting sun and the day is over. It's so peaceful.

If it's in Smash, it'd be The Roost 2.0, and I have no complaints about that.

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
Of all the characters that I hate, steve is not one of them. I hope Minecraft gets in!

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
I'll actually be pretty mad if this guy does make it in before Banjo, but you know what? If he does make it in, i'll finally break down and try Minecraft.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
I'll actually be pretty mad if this guy does make it in before Banjo, but you know what? If he does make it in, i'll finally break down and try Minecraft.
I say give it a shot regardless. I just started playing this summer and sunk too many hours in. It's a nice and chill game once you know how the light/enemy spawn works.

31fps

Banned via Warnings
I wouldn't mind Steve but only if we got Chief and B&K first. A stage would be nice though. I'm all up for a stage.
That being said I feel like Steve would be more of a cash grab than a real addition. He would appeal more to the younger audience than the Smash community and compel little kids into begging their parents into buying it.

Bandanna_Waddle_Dee

Smash Apprentice
So I decided to throw my hat into the mix and make a Steve moveset. I tried to keep it as loyal to his game (incorporating mining and crafting), while giving him unique gimmicks.

Steve is a medium, slow-ish character that benefits from shifting and changing the environment around him, and starts off weak but can gradually evolve into a much stronger fighter. All of Steve's weapons are made of Wood at the start of a match.

Passive:
Steve collects EXP whenever he deals damage to an opponent. KOing an opponent rewards him with a vast collection of EXP, rather than just one whenever he deals damage. When Steve himself is KO'd, he loses all his EXP, which drops to the floor. It vanishes very quickly, but Steve can reclaim it if he's fast enough to get to it after respawning.

Standard Attacks:
Jab - Steve swings his sword three times; once up, once down, and then a jab forward as a finisher.
Up Tilt - Steve swings his pickaxe upwards.
Forward Tilt - Steve swings his axe forwards.
Down Tilt - Steve reaps the floor with his hoe.
Dash Attack - Steve dashes forward in a minecart. This is slightly slower than Wario's bike, but does more damage. Despawns after being in use for five seconds, or if the attack is interrupted.

Smash Attacks:
Forward Smash - Steve charges up his sword from over his shoulder and unleashes a fury of swings.
Up Smash - Steve readies a splash potion of hurt and then swings his arm up, shattering it.
Down Smash - Steve charges up a block of TNT, which explodes briefly after. This creates a single hole in the terrain beneath where the TNT was placed, and Steve is also hurt in the explosion.

Aerials:
Neutral Air - Steve swings his sword forward.
Up Air - Steve splashes a bucket of water above him. It deals minor damage and pushes people up. If the water touches the ground after being thrown, it will remain on the floor for a short moment before despawning, and will travel down slopes. This slows enemies. If the water fills a hole that Steve has dug up, players will enter their swimming animation if they fall in.
Forward Air - Steve shoots an arrow from his bow, that travels the same distance as Link's.
Back Air - Steve uses flint and steel to briefly ignite a spark of fire.
Down Air - Steve splashes a bucket of lava beneath him. It travels slowly and lags when in the air, but deals high damage. If the lava touches the ground, it will remain on the floor for a shorter time than water, and will too travel down slopes. This burns enemies. If the lava fills a hole that Steve has dug up, players will also take burn damage.

Grabs:
Grab - Steve flings a lead in front of him and wraps it around his target, pulling them closer to him.
Pummel - Steve punches his target the same way he would punch a tree.
Up Throw - Steve flings his target upwards with his fishing rod.
Forward Throw - Steve tosses his target in front of him, and the spikes them to the side with his trident.
Back Throw - Steve tosses his target behind him, before swinging around and smacking them with his shovel.
Down Throw - Steve slams his target onto the ground, and then promptly swings his pickaxe against them.

Special Attacks:
Neutral B - Steve places a block in front of him. There can be up to three blocks at once, and can all stack on one another. They can also be destroyed anyone. He cannot place a block until he has dug a hole. If Steve presses B in the air, the block he places will slowly fall to the ground. If the block he places is wood, then he can set it alight with Back Air, dealing fire damage to anyone that comes into contact with it, but despawns the block once the fire runs out.
Up B - Steve throws an ender pearl above him and then teleports to it, putting him in freefall mode.
Down B - Steve digs a hole beneath him, and gets a block of that terrain in his inventory. The hole can be dug down an additional time, and the terrain respawns after fifteen seconds (any water or lava also despawns if they were filling the hole/s). The block Steve gets depends on the terrain dug (if Mushroom Kingdom U is dug, he'll get dirt. If Jungle Japes is dug, he'll get wood. If Bridge of Eldin is dug, he'll get cobblestone, etc). Each block has their own properties - dirt is easy to destroy, wood is harder to destroy, cobblestone is even harder to destroy, etc.
Forward B - Steve places a crafting table in front of him. If standing next to it, he can interact with it by pressing B and doing so opens a menu similar to Shulk's Monado Arts. Steve can then select a furnace, a dispenser, or an enchantment table, and can then press Forward B again to spawn his selected item. The crafting table will not despawn after being used and blocks can be stacked on it.
  • Furnace: Requires the least EXP to craft. Upon being spawned, it will begin to cook or smelt, and contact with it deals fire damage. It takes ten seconds for it to complete, and cannot be destroyed. Once finished, it will randomly spawn a healing item, a shard of glass that can be thrown for damage, or a burning piece of coal that can also be thrown for more damage. The furnace will despawn after completion.
  • Dispenser: Requires more EXP to craft. Upon being spawned, it will begin to shoot arrows in the direction it's facing for fifteen seconds. These travel the same distance as Link's arrows, and despawns once it's out of arrows. It may also randomly leave behind one stray arrow that can be thrown.
  • Enchantment Table: Requires the most EXP to craft. Upon being spawned, Steve can interact by pressing B next to it. This immediately upgrades his weapons to the next best available material. These increase his weapons' attack damage and attack speed. Steve can upgrade his default wooden items into: Iron > Gold > Diamond - each requiring their own set of EXP. The enchantment table does not despawn after Steve has upgraded but can be destroyed.
If the crafting table is destroyed, Steve will place his latest selected item if Forward B is pressed again. If he wishes to respawn the crafting table, he'll have to sacrifice his selected item by resetting it with Down Taunt, similar to Kirby if he we wanted to discard a copy ability. When Steve is KO'd, he loses his upgraded weapons.

Final Smash - Steve jumps into the middle of the screen, and blocks of TNT begin to fall down from the sky in a similar fashion to Ness/Lucas' final smash. The TNT take a few seconds to detonate, but gradually increase in numbers as the final smash continues.

Taunts:
Up Taunt. Steve flings his pickaxe around, before accidentally bonking himself on the head with it.
Side Taunt. Steve opens a book, flipping through its pages with a puzzled look.
Down Taunt. Steve briefly jumps in shock while looking at the camera.​

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Yeah, I am curious as to what they’d play in his reveal trailer.

I_DON'T_KNOW_YOU!

Smash Journeyman
Minecraft music is like Pikmin music because there isn't anything "edgy" or fast about it. It's all slow, white noise-like music because you're busy crafting away your world.

Bandanna_Waddle_Dee

Smash Apprentice
You guys think Steve will be revealed in Minecon?
I really doubt it. To my knowledge there hasn't been a character reveal during a non-Nintendo event. If Nintendo are present during Minecon then all bets are off, but at most he'd be revealed the same day as Minecon, not during Minecon itself.

TheJutin

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-2432-2756-8217
For a Minecraft stage I’d personally like something like castle siege. The stage flips between the overworld, the nether, and the end. Or just give us the end and put in the ender dragon as a boss.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
I keep seeing a lot of people saying Minecraft would be accurately represented with only a stage, and/or AT or boss, but when you look at what Sakurai said about what he appreciates about the game, a playable fighter would capture his most enjoyed aspect better.

When asked about what makes Minecraft satisfying, this was his response.
I think it’s the, ‘I bet I can use this later,’ feeling. It’s an element that’s important to any game, right? In Minecraft, if you dig up something good, you can use it to build all kinds of tools and contraptions. Even a plain old rock can be used as a building material so you want to grab those for crafting, too.
You can build to your heart’s content, which makes gathering the resources you need to actually do that building, fun. The simple action of digging has a payoff in the future. This is a type of fun that can’t be had in Creative Mode.
On top of that, there are ravines, enemies, encounters with spewing magma, and other moments that feel like special events. They don’t always go your way, but they spice things up.
If someone tried to build a resource gathering game like Minecraft, it wouldn’t necessarily have the same kind of fun. Having plenty of ways to use the resources you’ve gathered is what adds the fun. If there isn’t a good balance between the two, I think the game would start to lose what makes it interesting.
Suppose you tried to make a game in the crafting genre. What would the focus of it be? If you simply made a game in the same genre but tried make the combat more interesting, it probably wouldn’t be satisfactory. When what you’re doing now is a factor later on, it makes the future more interesting and the game deeper. I think this is applicable in a lot of games.
As a fighter, Steve would be focused around collecting resources to put to use later, either as upgrades or constructions/contraptions. His attacks could generate different resources based either on what they connect with (character, ground, projectile, item, hazard, etc) and then with enough of specific resources, he could then build a variety items and upgrades to use in battle. Low quantities/common resources could be used as simple platform/wall construction or armor/weapon upgrades while larger quantities/less common resources could be used for different traps and offensive tools.

This would capture what Sakurai admires most about Minecraft while giving us a fighter who would be unlike anything ever considered for Smash.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Do a lot of people not want Steve in because of the Minecraft Fanbase's reputation?

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Do not take potshots at other members of the forum nor drag drama from other threads onto this one. Yes, people say things you don't like. No need to attack them for it.
Do a lot of people not want Steve in because of the Minecraft Fanbase's reputation?
That is one of several reasons, the most prominent of said other reasons being "He's going to steal Banjo & Kazooie's slot!" and "he's just a filthy avatar with no worth whastoever as a character on his own merits (as in he has no merits whatsoever, because he's just a vehicle for filthy twelve-year-olds to have power fantasies, and did I mention that he's worthless?)", or even "He's going to steal Lip's slot" (no, I'm not joking; if you were wondering why I dropped in to warn you about N. Onymous, THAT'S WHY.).

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
(as in he has no merits whatsoever, because he's just a vehicle for filthy twelve-year-olds to have power fantasies, and did I mention that he's worthless?)".
but Steve has worth by being the skin that was given a name and turned into the face of MC alongside the Creeper and more-recently the female skin Alex, basically representing Minecraft as a whole.

like AC and Villager, Steve would be the avatar used to rep. the game.

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
but Steve has worth by being the skin that was given a name and turned into the face of MC alongside the Creeper and more-recently the female skin Alex, basically representing Minecraft as a whole.

like AC and Villager, Steve would be the avatar used to rep. the game.
Yeah, well, I was just parroting the reasons why people are against Steve (and exaggerating them for comic effect). I never said I agreed with any of them.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Yeah, well, I was just parroting the reasons why people are against Steve (and exaggerating them for comic effect). I never said I agreed with any of them.
okay. Really though the only argument I understand from others is "he has no personality, he's just the avatar," but that can be applied to some other characters as the player makes them do everything :S

TheJutin

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-2432-2756-8217
Minecraft hate is just the worst. Most people hate it because annoying kids play it. If you’re going to hate a game, hate it because you don’t like

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Hey, y'all I support. Minecraft is so big in Japan, that I think Steve has a really good shot...

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Honestly I wouldn't be upset if Steve got in. Minecraft just has a bad reputation because of its fanbase. If Steve is just a blank slate, then what is the Villager? I completely agree what you guys mentioned. Villager is literally just a blank slate as well.

Not only would Steve be representing one of the most influential video games in recent years, but he has SOOOOOOO much moveset potential. It's crazy. If Steve gets in I just don't want to have to hear people start going "oh my god that's so cringey"

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
Is Steve still considered like? A lot of people don't put him on their prediction lists anymore, why is that? A few days ago Vergeben half-confirmed Steve, right?

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Is Steve still considered like? A lot of people don't put him on their prediction lists anymore, why is that? A few days ago Vergeben half-confirmed Steve, right?
I think most people don't list Steve because they just don't really want him in. There seems to be a lot of pushback against the character be it for his blocky design or they just think the game is for babies or something.

Currently, as far as leaks go, another leaker claimed Steve was getting in and Vergeben stated that leaker was credible. Combine that with Vergeben's original "Minecraft content in Smash in some capacity" leak from back in June and people see Steve as having a decent chance. It doesn't hurt that Nintendo and Microsoft are explicitly cooperating to promote the Switch version of the game and it's ability to play with the Xbox One and PC versions.

Room100

Smash Apprentice
Up until recently I was very opposed to Steve being playable. Minecraft in Smash I was cool with and thought would actually be great, but Steve completely didn't resonate with me and felt off. But I recently challenged myself to make a Steve moveset to see if it would be fun or unique enough to change my mind, and you know what, it was! I still think a Minecraft stage or AT would fit best into Smash, but with the way Sakurai expertly incorporates characters I have no doubt Steve would be great. So here's my moveset!

(Note: I talked about other Minecraft stuff appearing in this video I made, and even though my views on Steve have changed since this video I still like my other ideas for Minecraft stuff)

STEVE Changes the Game!
Concept:
My general approach to moveset creation is more along the lines of Duck Hunt or King K. Rool rather than Marth. Instead of building a moveset around one primary weapon, I like to incorporate various aspects from the original game showcased throughout the whole moveset. Some characters I reel in a bit like Sylux and save anything too crazy for the Specials, but for others like Doom Slayer basically every move has its own weapon or personality. Steve falls somewhere in the middle; while many moves aim to feel like playing Steve running around throwing consistent punches, other moves pull out different diamond weapons or blocks.

Steve is average in size, speed, power, and jump height. While many other movesets aim to make Steve easily accessible for the young fans who'd want to play him, I feel there's much more in the design of Minecraft that led to a weird, tricky moveset. His animation would primarily focus on the game's stiff style, but would be a liiiittle more flexible on a couple moves for additional visual flair.

Standard A Moves
A: Single punches
Punching is the default attack and Minecraft, and it's the same way here. They're individually pretty weak with no knockback, but they can be good for interruption and starting to build damage.​
Running A: Diamond Sword
A quick but strong strike with the Diamond Sword.​
Side Tilt: Diamond Axe
A single quick swipe with the Diamond Axe, having a little more range than F Smash but less damage.​
Up Tilt: Gravel Drop
Steve holds up a block of gravel up on a diagonal above his head, doing moderate damage. Upon releasing the attack, Steve will drop the gravel. Anyone caught completely under the block will get buried. Otherwise, they are simply hit as normal.​
Down Tilt: Flint & Steel
With a quick strike of Flint & Steel, enemies are hit with flame and burn for a very short time. If the Flint & Steel just hits the stage, a small flame appears on the stage and burns for a little hitting anyone who tries to cross through it.​

Aerials
N Air, Up Air, Back Air: Single punches
Same thing as A!​
F Air: Diamond Sword
Much stronger than punching, but has more knockback making it more of a finishing move than a combo setup.​
D Air: TNT Drop
Steve ignites a block of TNT and sends it falling down below him. It flashes for a short distance doing a small amount of damage to anyone in the way, until running out of time and exploding. Timing this right would be an amazing kill move.​

Grab Attacks
Nothing fancy here. Pressing A will punch the enemy, all throws are more or less standard. Move along.

Smash Attacks
F Smash: Diamond Sword
A very powerful slash with the Diamond Sword, much stronger than Steve's jabs.​
Up Smash: Bow & Arrow
Much like in Minecraft, Steve draws his bow slowly aiming it and charging the attack pointing up on a diagonal in front of him. All of Steve's attacks attempt to keep the action in front of him much like in his game of origin. He then fires a single strong arrow.​
Down Smash: Diamond Pickaxe Rush
Steve attacks on a downward angle with the Diamond Pickaxe, striking four times in a row with a strong potential of pulling the target into all four strikes. Great for building damage.​

Specials: Let's get weird.
B: Inventory
Most movesets I've seen attempt to utilize the Crafting Table or one of the similar items from Minecraft, enabling Steve to make new weapons or upgrade what he has. The more I worked with it, the more I didn't like that you'd have to keep returning to this stationary item in the middle of the fight despite how important crafting is to Minecraft. Because of this, I chose to transform this concept into Inventory. This would work similarly to Shulk's Monado Arts, or more accurately like my concept for Sylux's Affinity Weapons. You could either tap B to scroll through your nine-spot inventory or hold B to pick a specific item to equip. Each of these items would work on a cooldown.​

1. Stack of Dirt: Place blocks of dirt onto the stage, creating walls and obstacles. Can be stacked onto one another, but are fairly easy to destroy.
  2. Spider Webs: Place a bunch of webs in front of you, significantly slowing anyone caught in them or trying to get through them.
  3. Bucket of Water: Place water on the stage, slowly pushing everyone away from the source. Can always fall off the ledge making recovery difficult.
  4. Splash Potion of Harming: Throw these to hurt people. Simple enough. Could be replaced with Potion of Poison.
  5. Diamond Armor: Equip a full set of Diamond Armor for a short time, protecting you from damage but also making you heavier like metal.
  6. Ender Pearl: Throw this to teleport wherever the Ender Pearl explodes. Great for mixing up recovery or a surprise attack.
  7. Potion of Strength: Drink this to gain a brief boost in damage and knockback for a brief time.
  8. Pressure Plate: Place this onto the stage. Someone crossing over it will trigger a TNT explosion below them.
  9. Spawn Egg: Throw this to summon a classic Minecraft mob at random to damage enemies. (Zombie, Skeleton, Spider, Creeper, or Cow that does nothing). The Creeper could be replaced by an Enderman if a Creeper Assist Trophy happened.
Side B: Minecart
Hop in a minecart and zoom forward, slowing down quickly after the initial boost. Similar to Bowser Jr. or Wario. Almost no horizontal movement in the air.​
Up B: Elytra Cape
After an initial liftoff upwards, a controlled glide gently around. Cannot act while falling after this move.​
Down B: Eat
Eat some cooked steak for a small recovery of health.​

Final Smash: The End
Create a portal to The End underneath a group of players in front of you. They are teleported to a cutscene in The End, showing a rush of Endermen attacking until the Ender Dragon appears and destroys the enemies. Alternatives include similar cutscene Final Smashes involving The Nether or the world at night like Olimar's, or just a ton of dropping TNT.​
Taunts
Up Taunt: Steve poses for the camera.
Side Taunt: Steve drops a random item in front of him and pick it back up, in the same spirit as Pac Man's taunt showing the various characters from other games.
Down Taunt: Steve sleeps in a bed.

Costumes
While four color swaps of Steve and four of Alex would be fine, I prefer the idea of completely unique costumes for all eight.​

That'll do it for Steve! Let me know what you think, I know I can go crazy in movesets sometimes.

SonicMario

Smash Master
If Steve does get in and is able to drop bricks, I'd be kind of interested in seeing an 8-player all-Steve match but instead of fighting, all players try to build something together to have a bit of 2D minecraft.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
If Steve got in I’d hope they would put the OG Minecraft hurt sound effect in like when Steve gets hit, which would actually be a nice touch just like how the Ice Climbers jump sound effect is the same as in the original NES game, but I wouldn’t mind him being in though to be honest.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Y'know, I'm not getting the "Nintendo history" argument from some people.

I understand having Nintendo characters, or at least have characters related to Nintendo, but Minecraft is at least on Nintendo platforms, while some characters that have been on Nintendo only have like 1-4 games, with one or two being spinoffs for some. Does simply existing for a long time on a Nintendo platform make a character more deserving? I don't even like the "more deserving" argument. To my knowledge, Sakurai only mentioned being on a Nintendo platform, and even then he just considers that a "common courtesy."

Plus, Nintendo seems to love Minecraft. Minecraft may only have one game - aside from Story Mode - but for what it is, having another game with the same concept makes no sense.

Last edited:
Top Bottom