• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Steve Rocks Smash! Steve (and Alex) Social Thread

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
minecraft-new-nintendo-2ds-ll-creeper-edition-566995.1.jpg

Apparently Minecraft is friendly toward Nintendo, even being a Microsoft property

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
Typically, Smash seems to get only two 3rd party franchise characters on the base roster of each game.
(Brawl had Sonic and Snake, while 4 had Mega Man and Pac-Man) The franchises usually represent two different companies as well. While people say don’t assume anything, going off the pattern, we can reasonably assume that two different companies’ IPs will join Smash.

We already have 6 companies with Konami, Sega, Bandai-Namco, Capcom, Platinum, and Square-Enix. So the question is, where do we go from here as the companies must be important to gaming or Nintendo.

I believe the two new companies will be Ubisoft and Microsoft.

To briefly go over Ubisoft, they supported Nintendo for 3 console generations now, and are now collaborating on projects with them, like Mario + Rabbids. Ubisoft is a big hitter in the gaming industry with the Assassin’s Creed titles and Rabbids, so I believe their golden boy mascot, Rayman, will make it in.

Then Microsoft would be the second company, as their importance is, well, they have made 4 home consoles by now, expanded on motion technology, own many gaming icons, etc.. Microsoft has already given Nintendo permission to use their IP’s in Smash, so Nintendo should take advantage of the offer. As for who the character would be, well obviously it’s going to be Steve, and here’s my reasoning.

1) Minecraft is on Nintendo Platforms

2) Minecraft represent the indie scene that Nintendo tries desperately to corner

3) Minecraft is a new gaming icon, we have many old faces, so why not bring in a new face the younger generation will recognize.

Minecraft makes a lot of sense as the new 3rd party rep as its impact on gaming history is large, and is well deserving of a character, so I guess I support the idea of Steve. I would love to have 8 third party companies attached to Smash, instead of wasting 3rd party slots on characters from the same company (looking at you Belmont), that way we have more diversity on the roster overall.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Typically, Smash seems to get only two 3rd party franchise characters on the base roster of each game.
(Brawl had Sonic and Snake, while 4 had Mega Man and Pac-Man) The franchises usually represent two different companies as well. While people say don’t assume anything, going off the pattern, we can reasonably assume that two different companies’ IPs will join Smash.

We already have 6 companies with Konami, Sega, Bandai-Namco, Capcom, Platinum, and Square-Enix. So the question is, where do we go from here as the companies must be important to gaming or Nintendo.

I believe the two new companies will be Ubisoft and Microsoft.

To briefly go over Ubisoft, they supported Nintendo for 3 console generations now, and are now collaborating on projects with them, like Mario + Rabbids. Ubisoft is a big hitter in the gaming industry with the Assassin’s Creed titles and Rabbids, so I believe their golden boy mascot, Rayman, will make it in.

Then Microsoft would be the second company, as their importance is, well, they have made 4 home consoles by now, expanded on motion technology, own many gaming icons, etc.. Microsoft has already given Nintendo permission to use their IP’s in Smash, so Nintendo should take advantage of the offer. As for who the character would be, well obviously it’s going to be Steve, and here’s my reasoning.

1) Minecraft is on Nintendo Platforms

2) Minecraft represent the indie scene that Nintendo tries desperately to corner

3) Minecraft is a new gaming icon, we have many old faces, so why not bring in a new face the younger generation will recognize.

Minecraft makes a lot of sense as the new 3rd party rep as its impact on gaming history is large, and is well deserving of a character, so I guess I support the idea of Steve. I would love to have 8 third party companies attached to Smash, instead of wasting 3rd party slots on characters from the same company (looking at you Belmont), that way we have more diversity on the roster overall.
Why not both? There's plenty of room to have classic icons like Simon and modern stars like Steve. It'd be great to have a better mix of old and new.

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
Why not both? There's plenty of room to have classic icons like Simon and modern stars like Steve. It'd be great to have a better mix of old and new.
Sorry, I don’t hate hate Simon because he’s old, really I don’t have much against him. Just looking at Smash titles, we only get two 3rd parties added on the base roster, so my reasoning is, why have him when I can have a character from a fully new company. Castlevania is a property of Konami, so I’d rather not have another Konami character when other important companies in the industry have no characters, like Microsoft or Ubisoft, maybe even Bethesda with Doomguy. I feel having new 3rd party companies only adds more variety overall.

When DLC happens, which is inevitable, I believe Simon should join, like Ryu did, but as for right now lets give some new companies a shot when it comes to having characters.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
No worries, to each their own as they say. Personally, I'd be very happy to get the new companies plus Simon, then we all win. Of course most of my wants these days are third party anyway.

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
No worries, to each their own as they say. Personally, I'd be very happy to get the new companies plus Simon, then we all win. Of course most of my wants these days are third party anyway.
I can agree. My guess, going off of old titles is that we will only get two 3rd party characters (excluding Echos like Shadow), as that’s been the case in every Smash before DLC. With a more limited roster I can’t see Sakurai going beyond that, so for me personally, I would want Rayman to get in to represent Ubisoft and Steve for Microsoft as the two companies seem to have a close relationship with Nintendo right now, but don’t have characters to call their own. I guess I want more companies because it adds to Sakurai’s statement about representing gaming as a whole, so the more iconic gaming companies, the more history Smash is gaining.

I’ve never played Castlevania, but having Simon in seems cool, I guess I line with the idea that I like him, but I don’t want him to take a slot at the expense of a brand new 3rd party mascot, as Simon would just be a second Konami rep.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Ubisoft promotes Rabbids more than Rayman at this point. They're both separated mascots and treated as their own series. Rayman is possible, but he has very seriously large competition with the Rabbids. And not just due to the series' origins and all. I feel people assume Rayman a bit too much, despite them pushing Rabbids significantly more on average.

On another note, I wouldn't put any stock on base roster patterns. Remember when we got two Pokemon slots that were new per game? Didn't happen in 4. For that matter, every Smash had more than 1 all new Pokemon until 4 happened. 3rd parties have a lot of differences and things that can hold them back. It could be timing, licensing, moveset issues(see: Ryu for this one specifically). Sakurai also does not consider DLC until the base game is finished. This is still the case with Mewtwo in 4, meaning if he's going to add a 3rd party, it'd be base game unless he can't think of anything early enough on.

Also I honestly think Steve?'s only major competition is Master Chief at this point. Not that Fulgore can't be, but both characters are severely iconic. Fulgore's series is big and has a gaming history, and while he's the most popular(plus mascot) of his series, sadly Killer Instinct isn't given the credit it deserves, meaning it probably won't have much consideration. The other is that Master Chief and Steve? both have moveset potential that screams more interesting. Fulgore has cool moves, but finding a unique mechanic is far more difficult than stuff like terraforming or the various tools Master Chief has from his game.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
I can agree. My guess, going off of old titles is that we will only get two 3rd party characters (excluding Echos like Shadow), as that’s been the case in every Smash before DLC. With a more limited roster I can’t see Sakurai going beyond that, so for me personally, I would want Rayman to get in to represent Ubisoft and Steve for Microsoft as the two companies seem to have a close relationship with Nintendo right now, but don’t have characters to call their own. I guess I want more companies because it adds to Sakurai’s statement about representing gaming as a whole, so the more iconic gaming companies, the more history Smash is gaining.

I’ve never played Castlevania, but having Simon in seems cool, I guess I line with the idea that I like him, but I don’t want him to take a slot at the expense of a brand new 3rd party mascot, as Simon would just be a second Konami rep.
It's a very good assessment and I totally see where you're coming from. I'm hoping they can bend tradition a bit and give us all three or even more.

Steve is certainly one of the most exciting potential candidates. Not only does he have the very different visual appearance, but the idea of a character that can (temporarily) alter the layout of the battlefield with his constructions would bring something unheard of to the series and could really turn battles on their heads.

Ubisoft promotes Rabbids more than Rayman at this point. They're both separated mascots and treated as their own series. Rayman is possible, but he has very seriously large competition with the Rabbids. And not just due to the series' origins and all. I feel people assume Rayman a bit too much, despite them pushing Rabbids significantly more on average.

On another note, I wouldn't put any stock on base roster patterns. Remember when we got two Pokemon slots that were new per game? Didn't happen in 4. For that matter, every Smash had more than 1 all new Pokemon until 4 happened. 3rd parties have a lot of differences and things that can hold them back. It could be timing, licensing, moveset issues(see: Ryu for this one specifically). Sakurai also does not consider DLC until the base game is finished. This is still the case with Mewtwo in 4, meaning if he's going to add a 3rd party, it'd be base game unless he can't think of anything early enough on.

Also I honestly think Steve?'s only major competition is Master Chief at this point. Not that Fulgore can't be, but both characters are severely iconic. Fulgore's series is big and has a gaming history, and while he's the most popular(plus mascot) of his series, sadly Killer Instinct isn't given the credit it deserves, meaning it probably won't have much consideration. The other is that Master Chief and Steve? both have moveset potential that screams more interesting. Fulgore has cool moves, but finding a unique mechanic is far more difficult than stuff like terraforming or the various tools Master Chief has from his game.
Fulgore could pull a Bomberman and be an AT. KI does need more love though I am glad to see how well the recent title was done.

Last edited:

Captain Shades

Smash Ace

Well, we can’t always go off trends, it’s a good start. Otherwise what’s the point in speculating if everything is just a random grab bag. If there’s a trend in previous games, then Likely this Smash will probably follow up, like having the newest FE/Pokémon character in every game, or how there is always a retro NES pick in every entry. While we can’t fully predict anything, mine as well use what we’ve got.

As for Rayman, he’d be the Ubisoft pick. Ubisoft may promote the Rabbids more, but when it comes to Smash they know Rayman is the true star. Remember, it was Ubisoft that out of nowhere sent Sakurai a fully designed, from the ground up, 3D model of Rayman and his friends for Smash. Sakurai also looks for fan interest, and would definitely try to get Rayman before the Rabbids, as he was the one who pressured Namco into letting him use the classic PAC-MAN design instead of Ghostly Adventures. I used to think the Rabbids might beat him, but really looking at the situation, Rayman seems more likely.

As for Steve, he really has no competition. He is Microsoft’s biggest franchise, one of the most recognizable gaming franchises of the decade. He’s also cartoony and less violent than Master Chief, and is on a Nintendo system. I don’t think anything would stop Steve if Microsoft did become a part of Smash.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
When it comes to Ubisoft, I always believed it would be either Rayman or the guy from Assassin's Creed. Though, since Rayman did have elements appear in Smash 4, he does seem to be the prime candidate for that company.

Microsoft has a little more going for it. Obviously Steve is the front-runner as Minecraft is the one on the Switch and also the one Nintendo is directly promoting themselves with their marketing efforts. Banjo & Kazooie do have a strong fan following and are beloved for being "Nintendo icons" in the 90's, though they have kinda fallen off the map as of late, but are very much in the running. Finally, we have Master Chief, who is Xbox's answer to Mario, but hasn't appeared on a Nintendo system (excluding Minecraft skins) and doesn't seem to have any push from Nintendo either in the past (B&K) or present (Minecraft).

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well, we can’t always go off trends, it’s a good start. Otherwise what’s the point in speculating if everything is just a random grab bag. If there’s a trend in previous games, then Likely this Smash will probably follow up, like having the newest FE/Pokémon character in every game, or how there is always a retro NES pick in every entry. While we can’t fully predict anything, mine as well use what we’ve got.

As for Rayman, he’d be the Ubisoft pick. Ubisoft may promote the Rabbids more, but when it comes to Smash they know Rayman is the true star. Remember, it was Ubisoft that out of nowhere sent Sakurai a fully designed, from the ground up, 3D model of Rayman and his friends for Smash. Sakurai also looks for fan interest, and would definitely try to get Rayman before the Rabbids, as he was the one who pressured Namco into letting him use the classic PAC-MAN design instead of Ghostly Adventures. I used to think the Rabbids might beat him, but really looking at the situation, Rayman seems more likely.

As for Steve, he really has no competition. He is Microsoft’s biggest franchise, one of the most recognizable gaming franchises of the decade. He’s also cartoony and less violent than Master Chief, and is on a Nintendo system. I don’t think anything would stop Steve if Microsoft did become a part of Smash.
Sorry, I don't agree with that at all on Rayman. He isn't the "true star". Rabbids and Rayman are their mascots. They're both their big guns.

Rayman isn't the one with a crossover with the Mario series either. He is not there because he's a different series, of course. People still want him there but he's not happening for good reasons.

Ultimately, Ubisoft has had two mascots(Rabbid and Rayman) for a very long time. Rabbids are literally way more popular, iconic, and mainstream right now. They're aware of that. There's no reason to believe Rayman's changes are magically higher when in reality, they're about the same. Rabbids have a bigger edge right now. Rayman also is a lot less memorable than people think.

Rayman "could" be the Ubisoft pick. But so could Rabbids. Or both. I honestly think there's a good chance neither will show up as is as playable(maybe both as costumes at best). People are putting too much stock into a Western developer when all Sakurai has done so far is want a character for a Trophy. Considering Rabbids and Rayman both rather large gaming histories, they're on the same level, and Ubisoft has already proven they vastly prefer to use Rabbids and treat them as the bigger franchise now. This depends upon Sakurai, not Ubisoft(who would pick Rabbids in a heartbeat due to liking them more, and them being being promoted way more plays a big role in this).

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
Sorry, I don't agree with that at all on Rayman. He isn't the "true star". Rabbids and Rayman are their mascots. They're both their big guns.

Rayman isn't the one with a crossover with the Mario series either. He is not there because he's a different series, of course. People still want him there but he's not happening for good reasons.

Ultimately, Ubisoft has had two mascots(Rabbid and Rayman) for a very long time. Rabbids are literally way more popular, iconic, and mainstream right now. They're aware of that. There's no reason to believe Rayman's changes are magically higher when in reality, they're about the same. Rabbids have a bigger edge right now. Rayman also is a lot less memorable than people think.

Rayman "could" be the Ubisoft pick. But so could Rabbids. Or both. I honestly think there's a good chance neither will show up as is as playable(maybe both as costumes at best). People are putting too much stock into a Western developer when all Sakurai has done so far is want a character for a Trophy. Considering Rabbids and Rayman both rather large gaming histories, they're on the same level, and Ubisoft has already proven they vastly prefer to use Rabbids and treat them as the bigger franchise now. This depends upon Sakurai, not Ubisoft(who would pick Rabbids in a heartbeat due to liking them more, and them being being promoted way more plays a big role in this).
Actually, Rabbids seemed to be going down, which is why the crossover happened as they needed to find a new direction to keep the brand alive. Rayman was actually heavily promoted with Origins, getting Legends, then multiple mobile apps, and Ubisoft seemingly trying to get him in Smash by sending Sakurai a full 3D model they created. If Ubisoft preferred the Rabbids, why would they take time to develop a 3D Rayman model for Smash, but not have a single Rabbid?

Rayman is their mascot. Ubisoft messed up with the over glorification of the Rabbids in the Wii era, but they have seemed to learn their lesson and know their audience likes Rayman more. That’s why the franchises are separated and Rayman is still relevant, Legends was put on Switch.

Rayman has a really good shot with everything lining up for him, with fan demand, Ubisoft having a very friendly connection to Nintendo, and being off the height of a recent comeback, he has great potential. I mean, we did get Mega Man, and he was treated far worse than Rayman is right now.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Actually, Rabbids seemed to be going down, which is why the crossover happened as they needed to find a new direction to keep the brand alive. Rayman was actually heavily promoted with Origins, getting Legends, then multiple mobile apps, and Ubisoft seemingly trying to get him in Smash by sending Sakurai a full 3D model they created. If Ubisoft preferred the Rabbids, why would they take time to develop a 3D Rayman model for Smash, but not have a single Rabbid?

Rayman is their mascot. Ubisoft messed up with the over glorification of the Rabbids in the Wii era, but they have seemed to learn their lesson and know their audience likes Rayman more. That’s why the franchises are separated and Rayman is still relevant, Legends was put on Switch.

Rayman has a really good shot with everything lining up for him, with fan demand, Ubisoft having a very friendly connection to Nintendo, and being off the height of a recent comeback, he has great potential. I mean, we did get Mega Man, and he was treated far worse than Rayman is right now.
MegaMan was also an extremely important gaming legend and had no competition from Capcom Co. LTD. He isn't a good example of this. The only other Capcom guy was a different subest company being asked, and Sakurai couldn't think of how to make Ryu stand out yet(but still had to go to Capcom USA to license him).

Also, didn't know they were starting to decline. They're still both Ubisoft's mascots, though. That hasn't changed for a long time. They're the most known characters of the company. Rabbids are basically what Fulgore is to Killer Instinct. Severely popular and branched out on their own. Jago is still the main character and highly recognizable. I still disagree with the idea he's a shoo-in while they can't be, though. They still look quite on par at this point. Also, it's not as simple as "they needed that game", it's the fact that Nintendo was willing to trust Ubisoft with basically rabbidfying their characters. That's a big deal and shows how the Rabbids are still a very important aspect of Ubisoft. Nintendo is pretty wary on how their characters are represented. They used to take down fanfiction, after all, till it was more or less they were forced to stop because it was stupid. They're overprotective of their IP. Ubisoft, again, isn't really the key factor here. They treat Rabbids and Rayman equally for a long time.

The issue is Sakurai. What we see so far is he had no interesting in making Rayman playable. He just wanted a trophy for some noteworthy 3rd party characters. This may not change at all. For all we know, we might get Rabbids as Mii Costumes and that's it. Neither should be written off for characters/costumes/AT's, etc. They're both really really important to Ubisoft.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
The Rabbits always worked best as a supporting role rather than be in the spotlight. I say they're better suited as an AT.

Anyway, baaaaack to Steve. What other Minecraft content do you think he would bring with him (stage, trophies, AT, Smash Run enemies, etc)?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The Rabbits always worked best as a supporting role rather than be in the spotlight. I say they're better suited as an AT.

Anyway, baaaaack to Steve. What other Minecraft content do you think he would bring with him (stage, trophies, AT, Smash Run enemies, etc)?
I could say the same for Rayman, as I feel Rabbids just have more to offer moveset-wise. To each their own.

Anyway, I want Creeper as an AT.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Clicked the thread to say this to be honest. Whether Minecraft got a character or not, it would be awesome to see it get a stage, AT, and item. The stage could be similar to Mario Maker, with randomly generated layouts, biomes, and so on, and the Creeper would be the perfect AT. It'd appear, walk towards players, and blow up when it gets near them. Bonus points for being able to hit it around and knock it towards your opponents. And the Ender Pearl would be a great item. Just teleport to wherever you throw it! Would be fun.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
I could say the same for Rayman, as I feel Rabbids just have more to offer moveset-wise. To each their own.

That is true, they can do a lot of different things. I just see Rabbids the way I see the Minions, harmless in small doses, but can get irritating if left unchecked. With that said, I do enjoy seeing a good debate so kudos to both of you.

Creeper makes sense, it's very iconic. Those things have been a nuisance to me when I play. I can see it following a player around and detonating when close enough after a short countdown.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
That is true, they can do a lot of different things. I just see Rabbids the way I see the Minions, harmless in small doses, but can get irritating if left unchecked. With that said, I do enjoy seeing a good debate so kudos to both of you.

Creeper makes sense, it's very iconic. Those things have been a nuisance to me when I play. I can see it following a player around and detonating when close enough after a short countdown.
I've never played a Rayman game but watched the Rabbids show. Hence, that's where my opinions lie. But I also have no issues with Minions-like characters either, so eh.

Anyway, Creeper could be practically similar to the Bob-omb, but it would only move when near somebody. So has some similarities to the Red Shell too(I still miss that item).

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
I think we all know what we really need if Steve is added. I want a full Minecraft Stage, but the catch is that all the music is comprised of various Minecraft song parodies from YouTube. That way players can truly experience MC culture with such iconic songs like;

Mine on Me
Don’t Mine at Night
Fallen Kingdom
Eye of The Spider
All The Other Players
Miner

This is the only way they can truly capture the MC experience for me.

Aerospherology

Smash Lord
I would imagine him given a fully detailed 3D model going with the art style, or just given joints similar to the Story Mode characters. The reveal trailer could even start as part of a regular Minecraft one, or even being revealed at MineCon along with a Nintendo mash-up pack.

Edit: Some ideas for attacks and Final Smash

Riptide-enchanted Trident (would require using a water bucket first)

A falling block-based attack

A move similar to Kirby's inhale, gives Steve an attack from that opponent and a player head modeled after that opponent

A tamed wolf

Elytra and fireworks (can self-destruct)

Final Smash: Nether Portal

Steve builds a Nether Portal and the target(s) fall(s) in, becoming prey to the hostile mobs of the Nether.

Costumes (from Console and Bedrock editions):

Steve (teal/turquoise)
Alex (green)
Tuxedo Steve (white)
Tuxedo Alex (black)
Prisoner Steve (orange)
Athlete Alex (red)
Athlete Steve (yellow)
Boxer Alex (blue)

Last edited:

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
I think we all know what we really need if Steve is added. I want a full Minecraft Stage, but the catch is that all the music is comprised of various Minecraft song parodies from YouTube. That way players can truly experience MC culture with such iconic songs like;

Mine on Me
Don’t Mine at Night
Fallen Kingdom
Eye of The Spider
All The Other Players
Miner

This is the only way they can truly capture the MC experience for me.
Eye of the Spider, now that's pure unfiltered cringe. :joyful:

Lichzim

Smash Rookie
Indeed it is. Also tbh it'd be cool for Steve to start out with weak weapons and armor (he has to craft them first of course) but the longer you hold down the button to get materials the more likely it is you'll get Iron or Diamond armor and weapons. Well yes this does make Steve a bit slower, in turn he does more damage and can't be KO'D or knocked back as easy. But like in minecraft, the armor and weapons can break. Leaving Steve to be vulnerable until he makes another set or armor or another weapon.

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
Seems that Verge believes there will be MC content in Smash, so I feel that Steve might have a bigger chance than people give him credit for.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Indeed it is. Also tbh it'd be cool for Steve to start out with weak weapons and armor (he has to craft them first of course) but the longer you hold down the button to get materials the more likely it is you'll get Iron or Diamond armor and weapons. Well yes this does make Steve a bit slower, in turn he does more damage and can't be KO'D or knocked back as easy. But like in minecraft, the armor and weapons can break. Leaving Steve to be vulnerable until he makes another set or armor or another weapon.
I like this idea, I kind of reminds me of Frank West's level-up gimmick in MVsC3. We don't have any fighter currently that can actively build up and become stronger in this manner, so he would be very unique. And it does incorporate the need to collect resources to build up to better resources, and thus better improvements, aspect of Minecraft.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
So it looks like both Sakurai and Miyamoto both like Minecraft, so that has to help in some way.

Also, I can't believe I've already sunk over 100 hours in this game since I started last month. Where has the time gone?

SEGAGameBoy

Smash Journeyman
Alright, I'm not going to give a long story or anything. But, long story short, my 3DS XL is starting to mess up on me. I'm thinking about getting the New 2DS. I don't know if it's just New 2DS or New 2DS XL. Either way, I have question: Can I play Minecraft on it? I'm really hoping I can because I've never Minecraft on a Nintendo platform before.

Mgl

Smash Apprentice
Alright, I'm not going to give a long story or anything. But, long story short, my 3DS XL is starting to mess up on me. I'm thinking about getting the New 2DS. I don't know if it's just New 2DS or New 2DS XL. Either way, I have question: Can I play Minecraft on it? I'm really hoping I can because I've never Minecraft on a Nintendo platform before.
A bit off topic but yes the new 2dsxl does play minecraft. The switch also plays minecraft

TheJutin

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-2432-2756-8217
I fully support Steve, but really there should just be something Minecraft in the game. No one can deny its popularity and it should have an assist trophy or stage. I the end would be cool. Also monster hunter got a boss/assist trophy without any characters, so maybe the ender dragon could appear as a boss.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
I fully support Steve, but really there should just be something Minecraft in the game. No one can deny its popularity and it should have an assist trophy or stage. I the end would be cool. Also monster hunter got a boss/assist trophy without any characters, so maybe the ender dragon could appear as a boss.
That would be pretty cool. I'd love to have a procedurely generated stage, like Super Mario Maker, based on it.

I say Creeper would be the best bet for the AT since it's the most iconic creature of the series (it's face is even in the logo). It could also work well as a Smash Run/Adventure Mode/Story Mode enemy too like Star Man or Hammer Bro had done.

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
That would be pretty cool. I'd love to have a procedurely generated stage, like Super Mario Maker, based on it.

I say Creeper would be the best bet for the AT since it's the most iconic creature of the series (it's face is even in the logo). It could also work well as a Smash Run/Adventure Mode/Story Mode enemy too like Star Man or Hammer Bro had done.
Make the Ender Dragon a boss in the new Spirits Mode and you’ve got yourself a deal.

Also, do you think Steve will receive an echo similar to Simon? Alex would be the obvious choice. If they were to do the build equipment idea suggested by Lichzim Lichzim maybe Steve has Diamonds while Alex has Gold.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Make the Ender Dragon a boss in the new Spirits Mode and you’ve got yourself a deal.

Also, do you think Steve will receive an echo similar to Simon? Alex would be the obvious choice. If they were to do the build equipment idea suggested by Lichzim Lichzim maybe Steve has Diamonds while Alex has Gold.
I was thinking Alex would get the Alph treatment since player characters in Minecraft are pretty much pallet swaps anyway.

Minecraft is indeed a gaming phenomenon that will if not has gone down in the history books of gaming. I would not be mad if Steve got in or any Minecraft representation was in Ultimate. Minecraft is a wonderful game, I'm glad kids have a game like this. I will actually be shocked if there's no Minecraft at all in this game given the recent friendship Nintendo has with Microsoft. I hope we get Banjo too. Maybe a Minecraft stage and music (duh) with Banjo as a character? Just not sure I can see both getting in but it'd be pretty cool.

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
I was thinking Alex would get the Alph treatment since player characters in Minecraft are pretty much pallet swaps anyway.
Just putting the idea out, now that it seems that 3rd parties are getting 2 characters in the form of echoes, I wouldn’t put it past Sakurai to include 2 MC characters.

TheJutin

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-2432-2756-8217
If Alex was Echo she’d probably be faster but weaker than Steve. Most of the toys of Alex have her holding a golden sword, which is of course weaker than Steve’s diamond sword. I think making her faster would balance it out. Another idea, Alex could be like alph and each costume would change the sword type. The look of Steve/Alex would change as well, I just thought changing the sword type would be a cool detail. There is only 5 sword so they’d have to use some more than once.

Top Bottom