• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Steve Rocks Smash! Steve (and Alex) Social Thread

Simnm

Smash Journeyman
I think people said that exact same sort of thing for last year's Minecon.
This ones a bit different since the 7/11 ad will end right after minecon live though it probably means nothing it is still noteworthy

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'm 100% certain the only news the event will have is for Minecraft.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2...inecraft_game_update_at_its_october_live_show

Nintendo has not let a third-party ever handle any character reveals. The only time an unusual occurrence ever happened outside of a Direct, Sakurai Presents or E3 was at the Game Awards, and even then :mybodyisreggie: had a clear presence at the event. Also, Smash news don't happen on weekends.

Even PushDustIn PushDustIn has questioned this line of thinking.

Last edited:

Simnm

Smash Journeyman
Screenshot_20200930-223421_Twitter.jpg
While it is not a gurantee there are a lot of things lining up for steve to be revealed,the fact that the presentation is only 3 minutes long plus a announcement of sakurai it could very well be possible that more information will be shown at minecon

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Some Mojang producer retweet the Smash announcement https://twitter.com/Craft_SSBU/status/1311410380346974208

Not sure who he is exactly and if he would know if Steve is in Smash, so hype responsibly, but as fas as I can tell he didn't retweet the past announcment.
I don't think it means much; he doesn't seem to work on the maingame and idk if he'd know, but it would be cool if Steve gets announced before Minecon/Minecraft Live. I know he'd like to see Steve in Smash too.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Some Mojang producer retweet the Smash announcement https://twitter.com/Craft_SSBU/status/1311410380346974208

Not sure who he is exactly and if he would know if Steve is in Smash, so hype responsibly, but as fas as I can tell he didn't retweet the past announcment.
A lot of times, when people retweet Smash announcements, it's because they're a fan of Smash/Nintendo. One of the higher-ups at Monolith Soft retweeted plenty of announcements, making people think that Shulk, Rex, Elma (when it was Smash-related), or a new Xenoblade game (if it was a general Direct) were coming.

Simnm

Smash Journeyman
A lot of times, when people retweet Smash announcements, it's because they're a fan of Smash/Nintendo. One of the higher-ups at Monolith Soft retweeted plenty of announcements, making people think that Shulk, Rex, Elma (when it was Smash-related), or a new Xenoblade game (if it was a general Direct) were coming.
But he hasnt retweeted an announcement until now which is really suspicious

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
Steve may not have been who I wanted but can understand his inclusion and congrats to all those that wanted him in the game.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I gotta say I wasn't expecting this at all since I figured Master Chief was the most likely Microsoft rep in this Pass but Steve looks fun in this trailer. Congrats!

Cyborg Sun

Smash Apprentice
Minecraft + Smash has always had a strange relationship. First, it was something of a childhood dream... then there were those few years when MC was the "cringe game", not to mention the riots that would be caused if Steve was added over Banjo... but now, MC is being loved again, and I feel people will be more accepting of him due to Banjo already being here.

Today, when I recognized those sounds in the trailer, I was ecstatic. Congratulations guys, and here's to many more years of success for Minecraft!

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I genuinely burst out laughing when I saw that Steve basically eats in your face during his Final Smash.

Congrats guys! I can tell I'll be going back to this trailer a lot. That remix in the background has the potential to become one of my favorites in Smash, and I haven't even heard the whole thing.

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
Well, ladies and gentlemen, we got Steve. Not really much of a surprise, considering he’s been speculated A LOT. But I digress. Congratulations Minecraft fans!

Last edited:

Majalbatross

Smash Apprentice
Coming from the Geno thread to say congrats Stevebros! I honestly thought this was an inevitability anyway considering Minecraft's sheer popularity and influence in the modern gaming sphere. Looking forward to that presentation on Saturday!

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
The way they implemented Steve was literally something out of my nightmares. I always said I don't want him in Smash because the way Minecraft is animated would clash hard with the animation style of the rest of the game.

But now that I see him in action, I see my fears were unfounded. Sure, it looks a little jarring, but it still works, and everything else about the character looks great.

Congrats, y'all. I know this is a big moment.

Top Bottom