• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Steve Rocks Smash! Steve (and Alex) Social Thread

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Rie posted this from the newcomer thread. Might be interesting for Steve supporters.
Saw it on Twitter. Seems fake, anyone who knows how to use FL Studio or any program with similar stuff could’ve made the victory theme easily (listened to it and it sounds simple enough to make within 30 minutes tops) - and it wouldn’t be the first time someone used Vimeo for a fake audio leak (at least that I can recall; there was a fake Master Chief leak that used it iirc but maybe I’m wrong).

It also seems like a parody of the way Castlevania in Smash leaked, and I’m sure Nintendo + Sakurai wouldn’t allow something like that to happen again. There’s no reason for the website to contain data for unfinished/temporary things, either, or even anything that hasn’t been released (the Castlevania thing was a mistake(?) with someone uploading the wrong track + all other “leaks” involving the website have been fake).

Would be cool, though, but I don’t think it’s real. Anyone could’ve made this easily.

Last edited:

Simnm

Smash Journeyman
What are your thoughts on this?
This isnt a leak or anything,i just want to hear your thoughts on this theoretical mii costume concept

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hoping Minecraft Dungeons gets collaboration DLCs as regular Minecraft tends to get.

Imagine the Switch version got Zelda DLC with dungeons themed about that franchise or even Castlevania DLC.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
This isnt a leak or anything,i just want to hear your thoughts on this theoretical mii costume concept
I think it looks good, better than I thought a Steve Mii would, but the round bends and stuff still don’t fit him; it does help show that his blocky design can fit in Smash, however. Would certainly love it over nothing if it were official, though; of course, he could still be playable and definitely has the potential to be, and I still think he has a good shot at being a fighter and want him to be.

D

Deleted member

Hoping Minecraft Dungeons gets collaboration DLCs as regular Minecraft tends to get.

Imagine the Switch version got Zelda DLC with dungeons themed about that franchise or even Castlevania DLC.
I'd rather that not happen, as it would lock content to certain consoles. I'm fine with it on Minecraft as Texture Packs and Skins are a minor feature that can be completely ignored while still getting the full Minecraft experience, but in Minecraft Dungeons, the Dungeons and Loot from those dungeons are the game and making some of those console exclusives just doesn't seem like a good idea.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Hello steve bros. I guess i havent had much faith recently. Most insiders seem to talk about Master Chief but never Steve. Here's hoping something turns the tide in our favor, even if i'm neutral on chief

Pretty big detractor of the steve mii right here and i'm surprised by how good this looks. Still far from optimal, but better than nothing.

Simnm

Smash Journeyman
Hello steve bros. I guess i havent had much faith recently. Most insiders seem to talk about Master Chief but never Steve. Here's hoping something turns the tide in our favor, even if i'm neutral on chief

Pretty big detractor of the steve mii right here and i'm surprised by how good this looks. Still far from optimal, but better than nothing.
Why do insiders talk more about chief more than steve anyways?

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Why do insiders talk more about chief more than steve anyways?
If I had to guess, it’s the whole “hype” surrounding getting Master Chief in Smash considering Halo is the Xbox’s “de facto” franchise.

Personally, I wouldn’t mind Chief (he is actually one of my top 10 most wanted), but would rather see the Halo series ported to Switch.

Simnm

Smash Journeyman
Apparently king zell might have hinted that there might be something microsoft related in the next nintendo direct
King zell might be hinting towards microsoft content in the next nintendo direct,it could also be that the highlighted
M and S could also mean minecraft steve,
however,king zell does not have a perfect track record and the highlighted M and S could mean nothing or something entirely different.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
It seems worth noting that he's been saying that Halo: The Master Chief Collection (or at least some form of the Halo franchise) will be coming to Switch for a while now, so it could be that. (or Rare Replay)

Simnm

Smash Journeyman
It seems worth noting that he's been saying that Halo: The Master Chief Collection (or at least some form of the Halo franchise) will be coming to Switch for a while now, so it could be that. (or Rare Replay)
Halo:the masterchief collection coming to switch does not neccasarily mean that masterchief is in smash especially over steve in my opinion.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Halo:the masterchief collection coming to switch does not neccasarily mean that masterchief is in smash especially over steve in my opinion.
I get that (a game coming to the Switch doesn't necessarily mean that its character is coming to Smash, as much as I wish that were true for Dante and Doomguy), but I'm just saying that Zell/C. Tsubasa could be hinting at either of those games coming to the Switch rather than a Smash reveal. (likely the Master Chief Collection, though I would buy Rare Replay as soon as humanly possible)

The M S could just be MicroSoft, since that's commonly used as a short form for the company.

Last edited:

Simnm

Smash Journeyman
The mini direct is focused on update on previous games and there might be something smash related though it is very unlikely to be a character reveal.

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
If Steve does make it in for this Fighters Pass, the music selection from the Battle mode would be perfect. Glide's music is too calming, and Tumble's music is absolutely horrible.

My two favorites are Industrial Quarter (Ruin/Invasion), and Clockwork Crafter (Shipyard), but there's a lot of other good ones

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
So,how is steves chances looking as of late?
Pretty good so far, given the sheer size of Minecraft. His competition would probably be Master Chief, which would be a "Multiplat icon vs Xbox icon" kinda thing; It all depends on what Nintendo's aiming for. Minecraft has become a Microsoft IP more than anything now, so I don't think Steve? has any issues with indie characters, and vice versa.

Theenderdefender

Smash Cadet
The survivor of zombies, skeletons, living slime and walking explosions! Steve is a character I respect a lot and would love to see mine his way into smash! Before we start, addressing the issue of animation. Minecraft is known for its stiff movement. While I personally don't think this is a big enough reason against Steve, I understand people's concerns but there are ways around it. Just animate Steve like he is in the Minecraft update trailers. Or in Minecraft Story Mode. Keep the blocky nature but with more 'realistic' movements. All that being said, lets get into it!

Stats: Steve would be an above average middle weight character-along side the likes of Corrin and Mario-with average movement speed. He would have 2 jumps and the ability to crawl

Standard Moves:

Jab: Steve would have a 2 hit jab, starting with a horizontal slash followed by a vertical slash with a wooden sword. These reference the basic attack and sweep attack you can do with the sword in Minecraft

Dash Attack: Steve would halt his momentum and lob a Potion of Harming forward. It only goes a little bit in front of himself but has a fairly wide splash effect.

Side Tilt: Forward jab with his Wooden Pickaxe. It comes out quick

Up Tilt: Overhead swing with his Wooden Axe from back to front. Its a powerful attack but has the lowest range

Down Tilt: Steve would take out his Wooden Shovel and swing it from low to high. It has the ability to bury foes if Steve manages to hit them in the sweet spot

Neutral Air: Swing of his Wooden Sword from high to low

Forward Air: Steve slams his Wooden Pickaxe down in front of him. Spikes at the sweet spot

Back Air: Jabs his Wooden Shovel backwards

Up Air: Another overhead swing of his Ax from back to front

Down Air: Drops an Anvil down. It only spikes when it first leaves Steve's hands

Forward Smash: Places down a dispenser, which shoots a fireball straight forward. It doesn't do a lot of damage or knockback, but it will leave a flame on the ground where it collides with an opponent or object

Up Smash: Plants a sapling then uses Bone Meal to make it grow into a tree. The size of the tree increases the longer its charged (and just for some visual fun, the type of sapling he plants will be random)

Down Smash: Places 2 pistons on both sides of him, they then extend upwards at the same time

Grab and Throws

Steve grabs with his fishing rod. Its a disjointed grab but is not a tether. He pummels by whacking them with his Pickaxe

Forward Throw: Jabs his Trident into them, letting out a lightning strike on them that launches them forward

Back Throw: Uses a Chorus Fruit to appear behind them and punch them backwards

Up Throw: Steve equips his Elytra and grabs the foe tight before using a firework to fly high into the air. He then falls down and slams the foe into the ground

Down Throw: Lights a fire on them with Flint and Steel

Specials:

Neutral Special: Build. One of Steve's 2 major gimmicks. Using the neutral special button will have Steve place a block (Each block is half his height). The block he places is shown over his % and can be changed by holding shield and using the special button. He can have 3 of each block out at a time. If he is K.O'd they do not disappear but he also cannot place anymore until those blocks are gone. Finally, he cannot place blocks in midair unless they are connected to another block. You can only place blocks connected to the stage. And once again, Steve cannot place any more then 3 blocks of each type. So it could be useful to you, as his opponent, to trick him into placing a valuable block in a wrong spot and then keep him away from it so he can't get it back. The blocks are as follows
  • Dirt (Max Hp 5. A standard dirt block. But if Steve uses his up smash on it, the tree will be one stage bigger then it normally would be)
  • Stone (Max Hp 10. Increased resistance to explosions)
  • Obsidian (Max Hp 50. His toughest block)
  • Sand (Max Hp 1. His weakest block. But it falls it there is no platform under it, making it a good ledge trap)
  • TnT (Max Hp 5. If hit with a fire or electric attack, its fuse will light and after 3 seconds it will explode. Other TnT blocks around it will also explode)
Up Special: Ender Pearl. Steve will lob an Ender Pearl at an upward angle. After flying for a few seconds it will teleport Steve to its location. If it collides with solid ground Steve will also instantly teleport to it. Use this in combination with the blocks for some safe recovery, since Steve is invincible for a few frames after teleporting

Down Special: Craft. Steve's other gimmick. You may have noticed all the tools Steve was using are made of wood. That's where this special comes in. Upon first using it, Steve will place a Crafting Table in the Z axis. Using down special near it will have Steve begin to craft. If he goes for 4 seconds, he will emerge with a new tool. These act as semi-permanent buffs. Steve will always craft his items in the same order.
  1. Pickaxe. This will increase the power and knockback of Pickaxe attacks
  2. Sword. This will increase the power and knockback of Sword attacks
  3. Axe. You get the idea
  4. Shovel
  5. Armor. Steve will only make armor once he has made all the tools from the material. Meaning, once he has all iron tools he will make Iron Armor. After all diamond tools, he will make diamond armor. He makes the armor is this order: Helmet, Boots, Leggings and Chestplate. Each piece of armor slightly increases his launch resistance. In full Diamond Armor, he will have gained 80% launch resistance!
  6. Shield. He'll make this once he has all iron tools and armor. It will behave like the shields the Links and Hero have, even while crouching and crawling!
If you, as his opponent, don't want to deal with this. Then interrupt his crafting session! But it should be noted that, when Steve dies, he loses EVERYTHING and has to start from scratch

Side Special: Minecart. Steve hops into a minecart as tracks appear before him. He will ride along the tracks, running over everyone in his way. This will not stop at ledges and cannot be turned around, however. Steve can jump out of the Minecart at any time. Steve can also hold down the special button to send the minecart off without being in it. Foes hit by the minecart will be put inside it and forced along the track! This acts like a miniature version of the Kap'n assist trophy. Foes can mash out of it but it becomes harder at higher damage.

Final Smash(s):
1) Mine Time

You read that right. Steve has 2 final smashes! If Steve does not have, at least, a Diamond Pickaxe by the time he gets the final smash, he will use Mine Time. It starts with Steve slamming his pickaxe forward, foes hit by it will be taken to a cave along with Steve. Steve will look around and see an ore (It being the one one rank above whichever pickaxe he has) and goes to mine it. As he does this, creepers appear and blow the opponent up, ending the final smash. When Steve returns to the stage, he will have kited himself out with a full set of tools and armor from the material he got

2) Into the Nether!

If you have at least a Diamond Pickaxe, Steve will instead erect a Nether Portal. This will suck foes into it and anyone caught will be teleported to the Nether where they get blasted away by Ghasts. If they are at or above 150% damage, this will be an instant K.O

Cosmetics:

The Default outfit is, of course, Steve
The first alt replaces him with Alex
Next is Tuxedo Steve
then Tennis Alex
Male Jesse
Female Jesse
Mario skin
Peach Skin

His stage intro has him simply appear with text saying 'Steve/Alex' has joined the world

His Idle animation has him take out a clock, look at it, and put it away

His first taunt has him take out a piece of food and scarf it down

His second taunt has a hissing sound play as Steve looks around in a panic before wiping his forehead in relief

His final taunt has a wolf appear and run around him before Steve pets its head

His first victory pose has him in full Diamond Armor, striking a pose while riding a diamond-clad horse

Second has him strike the ground with his pickaxe and pose with his arms folded

His final shows him setting off a bunch of fireworks before posing and letting them explode behind him

Victory theme is a remixed version of the credits them

And lastly, for a few fun details, his sleeping animation has him laying down in a bed, whenever he dies a message appears saying how he died, and whenever he lands from falling a long distance, he flashes red

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
How is Minecraft as a single player experience? I don't think I've played the game since the beta. I'm thinking about picking up the Switch version, but I'm not sure how fun it would be if I was playing on my own.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
How is Minecraft as a single player experience? I don't think I've played the game since the beta. I'm thinking about picking up the Switch version, but I'm not sure how fun it would be if I was playing on my own.
It's very fun even in singleplayer imo, but I know some people get bored and maybe confused when playing for their first time, and once you've done most stuff it can start to feel boring if you run out of ideas for what to do- though, I tend to replay it a lot anyway, still finding fun, doing some different things and getting some ideas for builds and stuff, and have for nearly a decade :p

Playing with friends/family does add to the fun, though. It can feel a bit lonely otherwise, tbh, but it's still a very good game, and it's nice being able to accomplish stuff and build different houses etc. even on your own.

edit: though tbh I guess the boredom thing is normal; for me it's just running out of ideas, so, yeah, definitely still fun and stuff. It's fun to work towards beating the Ender Dragon even after the first time/multiple others, too.

Last edited:

Theenderdefender

Smash Cadet
Minecraft Spirits!

-Steve (Fighter Spirit)
-Alex (Fighter Spirit)

-Farm Animals (Novice Primary Spirit: Grab Type)
Pink Yoshi, Morton, White Ice Climbers, and Falco on New World
Song: Aria Math
The enemies will actively avoid combat in this timed stamina battle
Increases your stats after eating

-Zombie (Novice Primary Spirit: Attack Type)
3 Green skin Ganondorfs on Dracula's Castle
Song: Haggstrom
The enemies prefer to use their jabs and do not like jumping
Increases power of fist attacks

-Skeleton (Novice Support Spirit)
3 white tunic links on New World
Song: Danny
The enemies have increased power on their neutral specials, and will use it very frequently
Increases power of Shooting Weapons

-Villager (Novice Support Spirit)
8 Villagers on Smashville being supported by King K Rool
Song: Subwoofer Lullaby
The enemies will actively avoid combat while a giant, metal King K Rool defends them
Item Gravitation

-Slime (Novice Support Spirit)
Green Kirby on New World
Song: Haunt Muskie
You first start with a giant kirby. Once defeated, 2 normal Kirbys spawn. and once they are defeated, 4 tiny kirbys spawn
Boosts jump height

-Creeper (Advanced Primary Spirit: Defense Type)
Green Camo Snake on New World
Song: Blind Spots
The enemy has increased power on their explosive attacks. Bob Ombs will also occasionally rain from the sky in this stamina battle
This spirit can be enhanced into Charged Creeper

-Illagers (Advanced Support Spirit)
Alt 6 toon link, Purple Zelda, Monotone Dedede and Grey Bowser on Great Plateau Tower
Song: Beginning 2
You will have to defeat all enemies to win (And for those wondering, Toon Link is the Pillager, Zelda is the Evoker, Dedede is the Vindicator and Bowser is the Ravenger)
Poison Immunity

-Charged Creeper (Ace Primary Spirit: Defense Type)
Gotten from enhancing Creeper
Increases your fire and explosive damage by 2

-Enderman (Ace Primary Spirit: Neutral Type)
Shadow Mewtwo on Gaur Plains
Song: Moog City 2
The enemy has increased attack power and will focus on its up special
Increases your PSI power

-Wolf (Ace Support Spirit)
Wolf on New World being supported by 4 more wolves, 2 Dalmatian Duck Hunts and one Isabelle
Song: Mutation
The supporting characters will appear when the opponent is at high percent
Assist Killer

-Iron Golem (Ace Support Spirit)
King K Rool on Smashville
Song: Sweden
In this stamina battle, you face off against a giant, metal King K Rool who cannot be launched or flinched
Slow Super Armor

-Ender Dragon (Legendary Primary Spirit: Attack Type)
Ridley on Unova Pokemon League
Song: Minecraft
Ridley is giant, deals damage by running into you, has increased attack power and will slowly regenerate health every once in a while
Impact Run

-The Wither (Legendary Support Spirit)
3 Black Gi Ryus on New World
Song: Double Time
All 3 Ryus are giant, posses Rocket Packs and prefer their neutral specials
Explosive Smash Attacks. A brand new effect that adds an explosion to your smash attacks

Edits: Changed the Enderman Spirit Fight, Changed the effects of the Illagers Spirit, added Wolf spirit

Last edited:

Paraster

Smash Lord
-The Wither (Legendary Support Spirit)
3 Black Gi Ryus on New World
Song: Double Time
All 3 Ryus are giant, posses Rocket Packs and prefer their neutral specials
Explosive Smash Attacks. A brand new effect that adds an explosion to your smash attacks
Explosive Smash Attacks is a clever idea. Whenever I make a Spirit Board concept, I try to adhere to the "Legend Support spirit with a unique skill" tradition, but keep struggling to find original ideas.

Theenderdefender

Smash Cadet
Steve's Classic Route

Title: Never Ending Adventure

Battle 1: Mario and Luigi on Mushroomy Kingdom
Battle 2: The Links on Skyloft
Battle 3: Kirby. Meta Knight and Dedede on Dream Land GB
Battle 4: Olimar on Distant Planet
Battle 5: The Belmonts on Dracula's Castle
Battle 6: Alex on New World
Bonus Stage
Final Battle: Rathalos (with Alex as a partner)

Theenderdefender

Smash Cadet
Minecraft Stage: New World

Size: Above Average

Design: Much like Minecraft, the stage is randomly generated each time its loaded-like Mario Maker. Sometimes there will be cave systems, others you might be on an island in the ocean. No matter the design, the stage has a day night cycle and at night mobs from the game will appear in the background-either as hazards or just for aesthetic

Inkling Man

Smash Apprentice
Steve moveset:

Neutral B: Bow.
Side B: Using 5 dirt blocks to build a wall in front of him. When the side B is used in the air, he'll use 5 dirt blocks to build a platform instead. Steve gets 25 dirt blocks to use per stock. When he uses all 25 then he can't do the side B anymore until he gets KOed.
Up B: Elytra.
Down B: Menu. A menu of items Steve can choose from will be shown above his percentage. The items are a TNT Block, a Spawn Egg, a Splash potion of Harming, an Ender Pearl and a Diamond Sword (the Diamond Sword is a counter move). Use the control stick to choose an item and press A or B to select it. After you select the item, do the Down B again to use the item.
Final Smash: Ender Portal. Steve will summon an Ender Portal and if any opponents get caught in it, a cinematic will play showing the opponents at The End being attacked by the Ender Dragon. After the cinematic the opponents will be launched.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
While I support Steve, with Alex as an alternate costume, I think Steve is currently the only Minecraft character who merits to be playable.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

Inkling Man

Smash Apprentice
An idea for Steve's wave of Mii costumes.

• Zombie (Brawler).
  • Creeper mask (all classes).
  • Mumbo Jumbo (Swordfighter).
  • Jinjo (Brawler).
  • Mugman (Gunner). (The King's Court music track is included.)
  • Doom Guy (Gunner).

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
An idea for Steve's wave of Mii costumes.

• Zombie (Brawler).
  • Creeper mask (all classes).
  • Mumbo Jumbo (Swordfighter).
  • Jinjo (Brawler).
  • Mugman (Gunner). (The King's Court music track is included.)
  • Doom Guy (Gunner).
Herobrine could be a mii costume too.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I think people said that exact same sort of thing for last year's Minecon.
I think they're suggesting that they reveal him before Minecon, but then Mojang shares the news there.

However, I agree. I don't think they'll show anything about Smash at Minecon; I mean, I think it's possible, but only if Nintendo actually reveals the news beforehand like Codename Craft suggested, and I still don't think it's likely. Maybe the week afterwards, though, assuming Steve is next. Man, gonna have to post the SpongeBob Best Day Ever song maybe everywhere if that happens.

Last edited:
Top Bottom