• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Starcraft Discussion

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
i cant believe he tried taht on andromeda, is it just me or wasnt that strat terrible. and how do u lose bc of a ling leak ****.
well, honestly we don't know what he was doing beyond fast 1 base tech -> min only expand. He's pro so I'm sure his strats have some merit, but I agree that not fast expanding on andromeda seems ******** when the cannons at the choke effectively secure your mineral only as well.

idk man, maybe he should've used my rush

lol, jk
lol, Jaedong's ling micro is too good, he would take a dump on that rush.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Bisu wanted to mind game the hell out of Jaedong. Large map + no first base scout by ovie = no scout for a while. The build bisu did could have beaten jaedong's build so easy, he just got extremely careless. It was his game 100%

Cynan Machae

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CynanMachae
Bisu wanted to mind game the hell out of Jaedong. Large map + no first base scout by ovie = no scout for a while. The build bisu did could have beaten jaedong's build so easy, he just got extremely careless. It was his game 100%
Choosing the right build is not enough, bisu just got outplayed

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Well if you want to get anal about things, I guess you are correct. But in that situation if bisu just blocked his ramp properly, he had like an 80% sure win.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
my post was direct towards uP, but w/e :p

I'm still not convinced that Bisu's build had that big of an advantage. Seems like he starts the game trying to dig out of an economic disadvantage, and while it would screw up jaedong's OL scouting, he did still find Bisu relatively quickly and his first OL was already headed that direction.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I stopped played for a week and a half or so, then played a couple games today and it was ugly. First, I killed Plank's main with Mutalisks, then completely forgot what you do to make the game trivial, spazzed out, didn't expand, didn't stop him from expanding and lost. Then I dropped a game to Thumbswayup because I decided to see what happens when you go 1 base Muta vs. a toss who always 2 gate z lot rushes and I just completely forgot to build sunkens which was gawd awful. Lesson learned, I need to keep playing the game every couple days if only to keep my game sense... :ohwell:

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Anyone wanna play while connected over Skype? (Not at this moment; I'm kinda busy. In the future...)

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
I am so gonna get an infraction for this but Mogwai I loved your commentary for melee's revival.
Haha, a lot of people had issue with it regarding Grand Finals, at least...

I didn't particularly care for it but it's very understandable considering how much of a letdown they were.

Also Mogwai I saw you argue with some people on Teamliquid about Wavedashing in SSBM of all things...

I thought that was pretty funny. That guy was convinced that you don't know what you're talking about

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
yea, that argument was really stupid. it basically just boiled down to him not understanding that I didn't think that Sheik's shffls were useless, just not as important as most high tiers...

I'm glad you liked my commentary Alphican. I think it was shaky at times in the Shiz vs. M2K set, but I honestly think the gf commentary is drawing WAAAAAAY more criticism than it deserves. I mean, our commentary for the Sheik vs. Falco matches was legit, and it wasn't whiny for when M2K went Falcon, just mad disappointed :ohwell: *shrugs*. Plus all the random crowd **** with G$ was hilarious :laugh: Hazz: "It's slippy, you dumb b*tch!"

Top Bottom