• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Starcraft Discussion

SloT

Smash Journeyman
KevinM Edit: If you have any questions on terminology and are looking for websites in which to look for, recommended sites include:

Teamliquid.net

and

Gosugamers.net

Seeing as how much of the information in on this post is pretty outdated, I've edited a bit.

I wanted to know who here played Starcraft, and a little about What they play in the game...
I'll start...
Who here plays Starcraft? :: I Do, though much of my playing has transitioned to Starcraft II, since I have a Beta Key
What Race do you Main? :: Zerg
What Maps do you play? :: Regular maps.. Not Fastest.. And Depends on the UMS map...
Do you play Online? :: Yes, i Do.
If you play online, would you like to share your Battle.net acc? :: CtrLZerG ::
What server do you play on? :: West server
Are you part of a team / Clan? :: i left to be Solo with a friend. It's paying off now, I get more games.. but now that Starcraft II is out, and seeing that I now have a beta key, I'll probably join a decent team in SCII when I get good enough at that game.

NEW: My SCII ID is CtrLZerG.ctrlzerg. I'm in the United States. Message me if you want to play a couple games.

NOTE: as of May, 2010, there is a new starleague for Starcraft: Broodwar in korea, called the 'Korean Air league'
I'm assuming Korean Air is the main sponsor. I'll probably watch it. Just mentioning it now because it is a new league and I'm looking forward to seeing who comes out on top

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
Gee you guys, I wonder if this thread will generate enough excitement to start a SWF StarCraft tournament! Of course, nothing could generate enough excitement to get us to finish a tournament. But it's always nice in the beginning.

SloT

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure if you were being sarcastic, but i think that would be pretty cool if there actually were enough people who still played starcraft to make a Tournament O_o..

Btw, theres a system that works on LAN. It's called Hamachi, and is kinda like a thing that you make your own server, and therefor it subtracts a lot of lag while playing the game..

It's pretty cool, and takes away a lot of lag.. really easy to get a high APM on it, and fun to micro on it too~! ^_^ Not many people know about it, but i am pretty sure some progamers use it when Clan Warring.

The Mad Hatter

Smash Ace
I use to play all freaking day. I think its only when you get on battle net late at night that all the Koreans are on. If people want to play Ill most def play. I probly need a new battle net update HA!

froz3ntear

Smash Ace
I used to played. tried competitively, but APM is too low. For any of you guys who don't know what apm is (im assuming all of you guys). Its actions per minute, basically tech skill in ssbm terms haha. Pros have an average of like 400 apm I believe, while some geniuses can win with just 200apm (mind games) haha.

I play all maps
Race: Protoss/terran

SloT

Smash Journeyman
Pros have an average of like 400 apm I believe, while some geniuses can win with just 200apm (mind games) haha.
Nal_rA For The Win. Fisheye For the win. PlayGrr... For - The - Win.
Ya, each of these players has an apm lower then 300, and manage to play even games vs. NaDa(APM Of sometimes like 400 =/)...
However, its all on how you react to certain problems in the game your playing.. thats what makes people good...
Being prepared, and scouting is very important in understanding how your apponant is going to play the game out. do you have a plan to counter it? thats how you should think when playing starcraft. Its always nice though having some knollege about whats greater then what... and what counters this etc...
so www.Gosugamers.net is a good website to check some stuff out.. and information that helped me are in the forums

Jarc

Smash Lord
TO THE CORNFIELD... BYAAAH!!!!!! (Montreal, Canada
Hey SloT, don't remember seeing you in Clean, then again I was only on the roster for like 1 month. I'm in prOxi, Clean is 2:1 against us I think, Soap lurks on our forums all the time, lol. Since PGT went down I've only been online for WGTCL mostely, havn't got much training for a few months. I'm gonna check out the AByss server eventually, but it's often empty. Anyways, I'm prOxi.Jarc on West, I play Protoss.

Liquid`Nazgul's 70APM > All.

froz3ntear

Smash Ace
Nal_rA For The Win. Fisheye For the win. PlayGrr... For - The - Win.
Ya, each of these players has an apm lower then 300, and manage to play even games vs. NaDa... Not sure what SlayerS_`BoxeR` s APM is, But even if he has a higher APM, he's THE starcraft Genius...

Also, PlayGrr... has an APM of 140 - 160, and he's INCREDIBLE... Fisheye is pretty much the same i believe. (Both Protoss Players)
Boxer is my favorite player though I don't think hes high up there anymore. I don't really know cause I don't keep up with sc. I thought the pro "average" was 400, maybe thats overboard... 300 then? I was just saying general stuff.

SloT

Smash Journeyman
What was your APM Jarc, at least when you played

btw, i joined Cleangaming not too long ago.. but i'm planning on joining [Name] or [ArnC] soon because Cleangaming is starting to die T.T;; *Cries* Or maybe gm.. But the fact Midas is in it shows its a VERY good team.. that is much more difficult to join.. i think you have to be 16000 points.. 4000 points above A+ in PGT to join it ~! O_o But yea.. i want to join a good team..

Jarc

Smash Lord
Well, SloT, pretty much every korean guild is hard to join. A buddy of mine was trying to join Nal_ I think, and the tryout was like 6 months of something like that, just because he's not Korean. Koreans tryouts last less long.

My APM is around 200~220, I'm B- PGT. How about you?

SloT

Smash Journeyman
Well, i really only started like 2 months ago.. But a friend of mine who was A PGT Terran Said i would be probably C- to C PGT. Don't remember if i told you, and am currently way too lazy to go check.. but my APM is around 180 - 200.
And i know all korean teams are hard to join T.T;; Another year of training, and i hope to be A- - A PGT. I know its difficult.
And The Koreans are pretty smart to do that because Koreans tend to play more often then Americans, and also can increase there skill faster with all those Tournaments.
Compared to a lot of Koreans, we are inactive Gamers.

NickSmart

Smash Rookie
Yeah! I'm playing starcraft ;) I'm pro
Nickname: uQu)StudeNT1k
PROTOSS
server: europe.battle.net (befor played on PGT, 4th season C+ rank)
team: uniQue

tofucake

Smash Apprentice
Ah. As it appears, WCG registration is closed for the year (or forever, which would be lamerer). Ar.

Anyway, I was trying anyway on WCG Zone, but it wouldn't let me register my account cause it was too awesome ( (wD)Liquid~ :p). Stupid WCG Zone.

Prince-Marth

Smash Rookie
i play online, i play used map setting games, normal fastest games. I play as Terran, And iam not on a team. My account name is Tiki-Lord. If anyone wants to play sometime.

Chaotic Yoshi

Smash Lord
I'll join in too.. my account on east is Wii[Ss]...

smashboards had a starcraft tourny a few years ago.. i won and was promised a custom avatar, i never got it :) played with CraftStar and them.. good times

KoreanDJ111

Smash Lord
I should learn how to play this game so I can actually join a tournament where the minority ISNT Koreans.

Now to get myself a copy...

Link-NY

Smash Ace
oooo my turn!!!!!!

Name: Haradrim Race: Protoss : Maps: All. Do i play online?:Yes.. Jarc i think i played you during a passed SC tounrey? or i think it was scav =x either way 1 of ya eliminated me =(((

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
I thought both PGT and WGT are dead? Or am I wrong? I know for sure 100% that PGT is out for good but Im not to sure about WGT. I dont really play much anymore but if I do go on I ussually just hang out in my clan channel op nex-. If u ever wanna game and beat me my name is NeX-Clockw0rk ^_^ im teh gosu Z user.

Jarc

Smash Lord
PGT is gone, teh super admin didn't feel like managing/paying for it anymnore after they got hacked. WGT is stille in the works, they're going to be working with Blizzard to make some sort of automated system on europe. So for now, there arn't really any private ladder servers, except The Abyss. http://starcraft.theabyss.eu/

I don't really play much anymore, mostely just for WGTCL's. If you wanna 1v1, msg me on msn -> miclo2k@hotmail.com

SloT

Smash Journeyman
For all you guys who want continueing updates, i have yet another account name... some people were BMing me, (Which are like talking bad things to me ^^; )
So i changed my name... the chances they will find me here is a very low possiblity.. Well anyways, it turns out my best race is Zerg.. So, i changed my acc to CtrLZerG and my Main race is Zerg now.. kinda sad... T.T;
Mainly west server again... Hopefully i will be seeing ya~ ^^

Oh Yea, PS::: BOXER IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ^^ i saw him in Op ArnC as SlayerS_`BoxeR`
Not SlayerS_'BoxeR' or any names like that.. + I read on the GG.Net forums that he is infact alloud to play brood war on his spare time in the army... Just a side note, Thank you ^^;

Ktk

Smash Rookie
Well I play Starcraft. Pretty good at micro!!!! Especially with terran marines (>lurk)

ho here plays Starcraft? :: I Do!
What Race do you Main? :: TERRAN -0-
What Maps do you play? :: All of them. Fastest, Defense, Melee, league-supported, just not RPG.
Do you play Online? :: Yes
If you play online, would you like to share your Battle.net acc? OMGitsKTK (lol)
What server do you play on? :: West server
Are you part of a team / Clan? Used to be in KoH then became inactive and now I pretty much suck compared to my peak status. My friends think Ktk is a clan though..

._.

I found that in the army, their laptops indeed, have Starcraft on them. xD

SloT

Smash Journeyman
<3 Starcraft now... Because i recently found out that a friend of mine was mutual with [ReD]NaDa, Now Sea.s2, and i am trying to get him into 7Fam, a now Very famous Team in which Sea. Members are requesting an invite to, and i believe even some ArnC Members O_o
P.S. LzGaMeR, if you know smashboards, msg me on sc, ty. and oh yea... i kinda lost AIM... and i'm not planning on getting it again... Mainly because i dont want my comp to get all fried and stuff.. lol i know, it's sad...

Luis101

Smash Rookie
Wow! There are much starcraft players here. :) I'v been surprised. So some info about me:
Gosu art protoss, 130 apm
Accounts on Europe: H.A.T.E , Santa_toss
PGT 9 season A-
non clan

karshkin

Smash Rookie
I play starcraft a lot and i have start to see a lot of stuff like dirt tank d, strip sakura, strip jessica abla and more, wat do think about these types of games and do u think they should me a loud

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
It's nice to know that Boxer is still around. Even if I didn't play much Starcraft, I enjoyed reading articles on the Starcraft forums.

Top Bottom