• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Starcraft Discussion

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
HOLY CRAP WE NEED STARCRAFT 2. The **** secret mission has been one of the things that has bugged me the most about blizzard over the years. It's getting close to duke nukem forever, which is still officially in the works.

Seriously, I'd buy any starcraft related game right now.

Something some friends and I thought would be could is if they re-released SC with 3D warcraft-esque graphics and maybe a few other changes. I would so buy that, just because I love starcraft so much.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
HOLY CRAP WE NEED STARCRAFT 2. The **** secret mission has been one of the things that has bugged me the most about blizzard over the years. It's getting close to duke nukem forever, which is still officially in the works.

Seriously, I'd buy any starcraft related game right now.

Something some friends and I thought would be could is if they re-released SC with 3D warcraft-esque graphics and maybe a few other changes. I would so buy that, just because I love starcraft so much.
Well, several people have made mods for Starcraft which makes it look and play like Warcraft 3. I think one of them is in the works ('Revolution', I'm not completely sure what it's called) but several have been shut down (people ratted them out and Blizzard shut them down). Just wait. I'll post the news when it's May 19th.
Until then, I'll keep everyone posted/informed/updated on this matter.
I can't wait till May 19!

jbox

Smash Rookie
I play. My screen name is JBOX. I use Protoss. Im in west server. Ill play on all maps.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Has anyone tried getting their own Starcraft League yet? I sent in my email last week but I haven't gotten a reply yet...oh well at least they're releasing the 1.15 patch in a few weeks and a new title on May 19th. :D

Avenger7x

Smash Cadet
Man I used to play Starcraft back in the day... used to love that game! Anyways I used to play mainly protoss or terran. Ladder matches were awesome, really intense (to me anyways). I stopped because I used to play and there would be hackers back then. I used to get pissed when I was trying to play legit and people were using hacks.

Starcraft 2 would be so awesome, can't wait to hear the big announcement.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Just a little update guys:

A new patch (1.15) has been released for Starcraft! Here is what the patch has done:

Taken from: http://www.blizzard.com/support/?id=asc02121p

Feature Changes
"Approved organizations can now operate StarCraft leagues. See (http://www.battle.net/info/patch.shtml)
Replays are automatically saved as LastReplay.rep.
Bug Fixes
Fixed a bug that allowed burrowed units to be stacked.
Exploits
Fixed a vulture exploit that crashed games.
Fixed an exploit that allowed the rally points of others to be set.
Fixed a multicommand hack that crashed Macintosh players."

Too bad I didn't get accepted into the Starcraft league thing, oh well.

SloT

Smash Journeyman
And only Seoul and People watching from TV knew before me ;)

nah jk... but really, the game looks awesome. I think i want to know a release date so i can pre-order lol

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
and still no hybirds/xel'naga...poo. The game looks amazing, and I'm sure gameplay-wise it'll be fantastic, but i'm concerned about how the story will turn out. O loved single player since i was never fast enough for good mp.

SloT

Smash Journeyman
= _ = im bored!! someone please come online and play me ~ and F8all come on more lol i never see you and i always like dc or have to leave when you come on

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
= _ = im bored!! someone please come online and play me ~ and F8all come on more lol i never see you and i always like dc or have to leave when you come on
Sorry about that, I've been working on my summatives for school lately so I haven't had much time to go online on Starcraft or play it. I did play with Sensai through. We allied at the end of each match. :x

SloT

Smash Journeyman
lol... cool.. im gonna be on a lot this week, so plz come on T_T
and we must keep this thread alive o.o!!
oh yea, and sensai should play with us too ^^

Lord Galcian

Smash Rookie
I just went out and bought a new battlechest since I lost my old one.

IGN is Vesamau on US East.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
lol... cool.. im gonna be on a lot this week, so plz come on T_T
and we must keep this thread alive o.o!!
oh yea, and sensai should play with us too ^^

Alright I'll try. If I'm not on Battle.Net, I'm most likely to be on AIM.
And yes this thread must stay alive! I can't wait till Starcraft 2!
Yeah we should form a clan called "Smashboards Starcraft Players" or something like that and have our own channel "op smashboards".

I'll be glad to op the channel since I've had plenty of experience oping channels (kicking,banning etc.)

SloT

Smash Journeyman
Well sorry to say F8AL, My perants told me to get rid of AIM.. my perants (Since its mostly there computer) Said it really slows it down.. i tried MSN, same crap.. so they just said stay away from it until you get a new computer or something.. which should be a while lol
but yea, deffinately we need to ^^
My Protoss is getting good o.o I am wanting to join Ever) but Nal_CrayOn (aAa.CrayOn) told me it wont happen for a while.. cuz they dont invite non koreans unless Ever)R(Skool becomes my friend =/ so imma be solo for a while lol...
If i dont join Ever), i might join Nameclan or Nal_ team when i get good enough.. im increasing skill wise quite fast so w00t ^^ well anyways.. yea =/ imma be on sc probably sometime after 11:00 am (My time) today.. see ya around~!
oh yea...
ICCUP is the NEW PGTour. Search for it.. i forgot website and am too lazy, but it is the new PGT. many many well known players have come and are playing ICCup.. its very hard >_>

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Well sorry to say F8AL, My perants told me to get rid of AIM.. my perants (Since its mostly there computer) Said it really slows it down.. i tried MSN, same crap.. so they just said stay away from it until you get a new computer or something.. which should be a while lol
My Protoss is getting good o.o I am wanting to join Ever) but Nal_CrayOn (aAa.CrayOn) told me it wont happen for a while.. cuz they dont invite non koreans unless Ever)R(Skool becomes my friend =/ so imma be solo for a while lol...
If i dont join Ever), i might join Nameclan or Nal_ team when i get good enough.. im increasing skill wise quite fast so w00t ^^ well anyways.. yea =/ imma be on sc probably sometime after 11:00 am (My time) today.. see ya around~!
oh yea...
ICCUP is the NEW PGTour. Search for it.. i forgot website and am too lazy, but it is the new PGT. many many well known players have come and are playing ICCup.. its very hard >_>

Oh...it shouldn't slow down any computer unless it's quite old.
I still play Zerg as my primary race. I used to play Terran but switched because I hate their offense. You seem to have alot of friends up there, eh?

ICCUP? Yeah I'll google it.

AIsForApathy098

Smash Rookie
Race of Choice: Random.
I hate having to choose online, but I think I favor the Zerg more. Protoss I always get too miserly and never spend any money, and I'm too tempted to nuke as Terran.
With the Zerg I just piss people off with Defilers, Nydus Canals, and whatever unit I feel like abusing with the Nydus Canals.
But I don't see what's so bad about the Terran's offensive. Just a tad slow. Mainly for me, drop a nuke, clear out with Vultures and Wraiths, pray my defense isn't too neglected.

Former Clan: TpOd (The Prophets of Death). Disbanded... brought back now and then when one of our members and I randomly meet in a game.

User Names (Anything with a - preceeding it means inactive now)... who's seen me online?
(_'s and .'s and whatever I don't feel like detailing):
-Prophet Of Death
-TpOd Remembranc
JapanTheCougar (TMNT *******ized. Youtube it)
LtMcMuffin
AIsForApathy
StoleMyWallet
-My100thSN
-MechAnimal
-InSovietRussia
-BombsNBigotry
-TpOd Brawler
-SlayerOfBbz
-SystemofaPanda
-TpOd SSBM
-CleverSN
-DarkerNow
-Soviet Onion
-TpOd dOpT

Who's seen me? XD

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
oh yea...
Tell your parents to lern2computers and get rid of all the spyware, malware, and viruses that are probably on your, apparently, ancient machine. As ****ty as AIM is, and as much as the alternatives (GAIM, Trillian, anything else) are better, it really shouldn't slow down your machine. Especially if it's not running when they're not using it.

As for SCII, anyone think "OMG CANNON RUSH" when they saw the 'toss cannons teleporting?

SloT

Smash Journeyman
its just slow.. tell my perants that they dont know how to use a computer.. and its freaking OLD

Crimson)S(hadow

Smash Apprentice
im Crimson)S(hadow@USWest.... pretty popular there since i play all maps..... fastest//low//bgh... ums time to time but not rlly... my avg apm is 300-400, my rec is about 4950 loss rec, and i paly all races...

and about the sc pro things.... yeah yeah we might vote for boxer and such cuz we love em, but we all know deep inside that savior is just a beast right now and he will tear up just about anyone to shreads, with the exception of maybe bisu...

and you can't really judge a person's apm because it varies on the map and the player's mood

SloT

Smash Journeyman
lol crimson
we know.
and BoxeR > Nal_rA.... still... (WTF?)
and sAviOr isnt really that good in my opinion :p Bisu is very good... not "An exception of maybe" but he IS better then Savior... though it may have been only once.. 3-0 says a lot in a pro match oo;

Nameclan Fighting!!!~

Photo`

Smash Rookie
What Race do you Main? :: Zerg ~
What Maps do you play? :: Low money maps. My favorite maps are Luna, Tau Cross, Lost Temple, and longinous. I absolutely hate fastest map. I also play a little bit of UMS here and there. Games like Phantoms, Micro Tourney, Nexus D, and when i am bored or eating I enjoy a little bit of Marine D.
Do you play Online? :: Yes, I am very active.
If you play online, would you like to share your Battle.net acc? :: Photomosaic ::
What server do you play on? :: USWest
Are you part of a team / Clan? :: I am not good enough for any descent team ...and NO clan sK isn't an option.

I'm not the best gamer out there but I try and I game hard, I sort of need a training partner around my skill level that can log on everyday. I have the program Hamachi. Slot
Channels i game in are: Op Alive-, Op iWarN, Op eka-1 but mostly Op TL-West.
Message me for games.

tjrook

Smash Cadet
What Race do you Main? :: Zerg!
What Maps do you play? :: I really dont like money maps or fastest maps, I like the tournament maps played by programers in Korea!
Do you play Online? :: Yes, but inactive (and dont actually have a good CD-Key, or even a CD for that matter, I play with scloader...)
If you play online, would you like to share your Battle.net acc? :: tjrook ::
What server do you play on? :: USWest
Are you part of a team / Clan? :: I think I'm good enough, but dont play enough online to be part of a team/clan

I play a lot with my friends here (who are also pretty good) and watch hundreds of professional games in Korea online (youtube) I would consider myself pretty good. I need to get myself a proper CD-Key so I can play online whenever I want...

SloT

Smash Journeyman
DOnt tell me.. you play with dumb... :p
Why i ask? Becaus he's in Op iWarn sometimes.. and i Taught him a little bit.. but hardly any bit at all lol
i dont really play with him anymore..
And i've been playing ICCup... its pretty cool... but gets on my nerves since drop hackers, and map hackers are annoying... -.-
also the gay spam preventing thing that just plain screws you over is a pain

Photo`

Smash Rookie
I haven't had a chance to play with him yet, he seems to be afk alot. Just to let you know... I changed accounts Photomosaic was a gay name + I winbotted it. so now im on account SemiSpaZ msg me whenever you can.

Baelen

Smash Cadet
Protoss player, but I play a lot of fastest and custom maps (tarpit/sunken defense, zone control, and evolves mostly).

U.S. west, my name is Baelen[LiC] (I'm on west, even though I live in ohio)

SloT

Smash Journeyman
Well, I have a new update regarding Forums
If you have an ICCup Ranking, please post it! If you dont know what ICCup is, Its a starcraft ladder server, Very much like PGTour. It has many of the same admins, and its russian based (im not sure where PGTours base was.)
Here is the website: www.ICCup.com. Please sign up for it! Its non$ Based though so too bad fastest and BGH players :p
Well anyways, i'll start off.

What is your ICCup Rankning:: C- ::
Would you like to share you ICCup account:: No, not really... but I Might if you PM Me. im afraid my friend is gonna get mad at me because we use those accounts to smurf on iccup...
however, my non Smurf account is::: iNitiAl..[7] ::::
This one is still ranked D.. my record is only 3-1 on it T.T i know sucks.. but i'll get it to C- eventually lol

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Sweet a SC section. First of all I'd like to let everyone know i can probabily own everyone here (not being cocky i am serious). If u dissagree vs me. I play low money not noob fastest and i am hasu. I play on iccup and us@west and my user name is G.t_Alphicans. message me plz so i can own some ppl :) And btw i am not that cocky i just getting ur attention :p

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
Sweet a SC section. First of all I'd like to let everyone know i can probabily own everyone here (not being cocky i am serious). If u dissagree vs me. I play low money not noob fastest and i am hasu. I play on iccup and us@west and my user name is G.t_Alphicans. message me plz so i can own some ppl :) And btw i am not that cocky i just getting ur attention :p

You spell like an idiot, so you're obviously not Korean, and thus you aren't good.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
No spelling mistakes android, and their are plenty of gosu gamers out their that are not korean you *******. Like i said if you don't think i am good vs me and i didn't say i was gosu.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
No spelling mistakes android, and there are plenty of gosu gamers out there that are not korean you *******. Like I said if you don't think I am good vs me and I didn't say I was gosu.
Fix'd. I really wouldn't flame other members. You might get an infraction point for that.

And sorry Slot, I don't feel like starting up Starcraft again. I've been playing it too long (over 5 years) and it gets boring. :(

SloT

Smash Journeyman
Alphican you said you were Hasu? Do you know that that means? It means you're newb in a polite way... And do not try and correct me.. i wiki'd it
Alphican, by the way i got an invite to G.t)... ask melOdi

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Hasu hardly noob don't make it sound like if your not gosu your not good. I could say being gosu is noob because programmer better. Also i was their when mel asked you to join and why are u still hatin me? I thought we were somewat friends from the 30 seconds of chat we had lol. Well w/e i don't really care if you don't like me but yeah i will 1v1 just my lat doesn't allow me to make so i gotta get a friend to make for us.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
lol I love bw players. Watching them insult each other with barely passable English and a slew of half korean/gangster insults is just to funny.

Top Bottom