• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Starcraft Discussion

SloT

Smash Journeyman
Yea and I Still havent gottan a response from that newb that said he could beat us "any way"
and his rec isnt what he said it was.. i checked on every server..
But yea, anyone who wants to game me msg me on CTRLZERG@USWEST and EURO

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
hey everyone im finally starting starcraft again, ugh its been a while (almost 1 year) from this game, add me to your friends list: Infested_X

:)

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Money maps suck. Play me in Blood Bath, Lost Temple of Big Game Hunters.

Btw SloT, we gotta play some Starcraft soon! :D

Alphicans

Smash Hero
BGH is moneymap..... -.- and i btw u sound like a noob aswell lol sry to say but ur stating some pretty basic maps but I could be wrong you could just be stating the obvious maps cause you don't wanna assume that i know the other maps. Anyways yeah come on US@west my name is Alphicans(rN)

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
BGH is moneymap..... -.- and i btw u sound like a noob aswell lol sry to say but ur stating some pretty basic maps but I could be wrong you could just be stating the obvious maps cause you don't wanna assume that i know the other maps. Anyways yeah come on US@west my name is Alphicans(rN)

Some versions of BGH are money maps. I happen to play on the non money map versions of BGH. And I know that there are other maps, im just stating the ones which i remember, forgive me cause i havent played this game for a freaking year!!!! <.<

PS: Don't call me a noob, thank you.

SloT

Smash Journeyman
Alphicans, Hunters KPGA is also quite often refered to as BGH..
ReDClan referred to it as BGH, which is the team [ReD]NaDa was in a while back before it died =P

ScaryMunky

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, I'm up for getting owned by someone. My account is ScaryMunky (East gateway).

I mainly play money maps and UMS, therefore I suck to a fair degree, but I'm always up for a game. :)

Oh, my main race is Zerg.

SmirkySmirker

Smash Rookie
add me to your friend list, i play on west, no fastest or bgh, only low money, my name is BestTarsier

alphicans i've seen you before, i was in rN for a day

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Lol BestTarsier u play smash as well? geez wat are the chances of ctrzerg and u both on smashboards? lol kinda funny

SloT

Smash Journeyman
lol yea.. :p
btw i want to make a smashboards starcraft tournament give me a PM Or contact me on CtrLZerG @USWest if you want to give me any ideas.. Thank you ^_^
i would rather you talk to me on starcraft because i dont always come on smashboards that often anymore... maybe once a week or so..

KaiZoKu-

Smash Rookie
Anybody there? hello? Did all you people stop posting cuz i wasnt here to comfort you?
Any1 whos gonna be on i am thinking about coming back online.. again.. starcraft is so irresistable! so hard to quit

SloT

Smash Journeyman
Please start Posting mroe! i want to keep this at least a bit more active =/ like it was when i first created the thread...
If anyone wants 1vs1 msg me on CtrLZerG

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Zergy, face it this is a smashbros website not a sc site, ur not gonna get that many GOOD sc players that think it is worth posting here

SloT

Smash Journeyman
i used to play on Bladestorm but nto much anymore.. dont even think i still have the map =/

Alphicans

Smash Hero
OMFG I HATE BLADESTORM GTFO... jk welcome to the SC thread you can meet me in channel op teamrain i am alphicans(rN) play me if u wanna but no bladestorm, it sux a$$

Sieged Eagle

Smash Cadet
In a small, unobstrusive office hidden beneath Len
I wanted to know who here played Starcraft, and a little about What they play in the game...
I'll start...
Who here plays Starcraft? :: I Do~!
What Race do you Main? :: ZerG
What Maps do you play? :: Regular maps.. Not Fastest.. And Depends on the UMS map...
Do you play Online? :: Yes, i Do.
If you play online, would you like to share your Battle.net acc? :: CtrLZerG ::
What server do you play on? :: West server
Are you part of a team / Clan? :: i left to be Solo with a friend. It's paying off now, I get more games.. I even got a game with IloveOOv not too long ago! however, i am part of 7Fam-

NOTE: If there is already a thread like this, or not the right location, you can move it(Even though i think this is the right spot..) / close it without any problems.. I don't care!

Also note: Believe it or not, Starcraft is actually becoming more popular, especially in Korea! Some ProGamers make 250,000 (U.S.) $ - 350,000 $ a year~! I find that to be quite impressive.

NEW: Who wants to set up a Smashboards&battle.net Public Tournament ? If you do, Msg me on CtrLZerG!!! Or, PM me, and i will reply to tell you that i got the message.

If i get enough people, i will set 1 up. But, i need the support from as many people as possible! If you support this, give me your acc, and add in your profile "Public SmashBoards&Battle.net Tournament! Time and Date: (Unknown at this moment)
Maps: (also unknown)

The Maps and the date depends on which is best for everyone. Including me.
Please reply if you do agree on this ^^;
This one plays Starcraft. This one loves using Terrans and only Terrans. I can be considered a Siege Tank addict, as I breakthrough any base with them, and know the A to Z about them.

Unfortunately, the SC I have is just a copy, so I can't play it online. The reason I have it is because I'm still trying to get an original copy of that game so... I'm not going to play online until I get the Battle Chest, which is by far, the best investment I can make.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Hmmm not to sound as an insult, but when you do get online ur gonna have to work really hard to have a chance vs me or zerg, but when you do get it make sure to tell us

Sieged Eagle

Smash Cadet
In a small, unobstrusive office hidden beneath Len
Hmmm not to sound as an insult, but when you do get online ur gonna have to work really hard to have a chance vs me or zerg, but when you do get it make sure to tell us
Sure. I have gone to practice on a cafe where some people and I play local matches all the time. There is this addicted to Zerg who is as good as me, and I have kicked his a** several times, not to mention he has kicked mine too of course. Playing with the CPU isn't as good as playing with people.

If you are directing your comment to another person sorry for the misunderstanding, but at least I told some of my experience in this game. Haha!

Nuada

Smash Cadet
I'm all for a smashboards tournament, I've got a tournament manager I had my friend make we can use ( http://www.binarybeast.com/ )

Anyone play competitively? I used to be about B on PGT, my pvp was closer to A- though, other matchups I kinda sucked. I haven't played pretty much all summer, so I'm super **** right now. :(

In an effort to get back into the game, I'm playing on Northern Darkness ( http://www.northern-darkness.com/index.php?site=news )

Also, ICCup for the win :) http://www.iccup.com/profile.php?lookup=1046

Gosu_Engineer

Smash Ace
I'm all for a smashboards tournament, I've got a tournament manager I had my friend make we can use ( http://www.binarybeast.com/ )

Anyone play competitively? I used to be about B on PGT, my pvp was closer to A- though, other matchups I kinda sucked. I haven't played pretty much all summer, so I'm super **** right now. :(

In an effort to get back into the game, I'm playing on Northern Darkness ( http://www.northern-darkness.com/index.php?site=news )

Also, ICCup for the win :) http://www.iccup.com/profile.php?lookup=1046

I would get in on that...even though I haven't played competitvely in years...too many UMS's these days.

also I'll most likely be on a trip for christmas and new years, and hence with out internet access...T_T

Formula1

Smash Apprentice
I used to play

Fun game, Starcraft 2 might be better (I don't know if they are really trying to balance it or if they are just farting out ideas)

PLay as Protoss

Nuada

Smash Cadet
Would anyone like to play some later this week? Maybe Slot? I really need someone I can play with consistently. I'll be on through most of the weekend, I think.

AIM: Nuada2723
MSN: Nuada2723@gmail.com
YIM: Nuada2723

tjrook

Smash Cadet
I dont know how much I will be able to play with you guys, but I am definitely starting to get into this game a lot more! I absolutely love it!

I am willing to play anybody here if we can set up a good time for some games :)

I have a quick question though... what are your guy's APM's at? Anybody here that plays serious enough to have a APM consistently over 200? Mine is only usually around the 100-150 range, depending on the day, so I am wondering if there is anybody here that has a APM better than that, and if so, could you possibly show me some good strats? (preferably zerg :p)

Oh, and one more thing... I used to play on West all the time, but now it wont let me connect! It goes through the whole "welcome to Battle.Net" screen and in the window it says "accessing account" but then it goes back to the multiplayer select screen... Anybody know what the problem is?

Sundown

Smash Journeyman
Yo guys, i used to play broodwar A LOT back in the day, and i wouldnt mind getting back into it, whos up for some games tonight?

Gosu_Engineer

Smash Ace
I dont know how much I will be able to play with you guys, but I am definitely starting to get into this game a lot more! I absolutely love it!

I am willing to play anybody here if we can set up a good time for some games :)

I have a quick question though... what are your guy's APM's at? Anybody here that plays serious enough to have a APM consistently over 200? Mine is only usually around the 100-150 range, depending on the day, so I am wondering if there is anybody here that has a APM better than that, and if so, could you possibly show me some good strats? (preferably zerg :p)

Oh, and one more thing... I used to play on West all the time, but now it wont let me connect! It goes through the whole "welcome to Battle.Net" screen and in the window it says "accessing account" but then it goes back to the multiplayer select screen... Anybody know what the problem is?
I used to have an average APM around 250...now it has gone down alot since I've only really been playing nonmicro-intesive UMS's and I was a terran/protoss player

As for the connecting problem that happened to me a couple of times...never figured out what it was, it just went away in a few weeks

Sundown

Smash Journeyman
come on guys give me something, i wanna play with you people, havent played in quite a while and would be cool to play with fellow smashers...

PS: i cant believe u guys are talkin bout APM... i thought it was established a long time ago that apm doesnt really mean that much :/

Crimson)S(hadow

Smash Apprentice
ken is like the boxer of smash... lolz m2k now is like the nada... i play mostly fastest

is Crimson)S(hadow@USwest, though i'm good at bgh and low...
my rec is a loss rec 199-5699-sometging.... yeah i've been around so im decent on everyting cept ums.... i hang at bravo or marlboro channels, but i smurph (acc spamming, not going on ur main acc, secert acc, ect) a lot cuz im waiting for friend to get 5700th (in starcraft its popular to honor good friends or friends who claim ur hundreds or even more important ur thousands, and u put it in ur profile and people see it and ur friend feels good)

Alphicans

Smash Hero
come on guys give me something, i wanna play with you people, havent played in quite a while and would be cool to play with fellow smashers...

PS: i cant believe u guys are talkin bout APM... i thought it was established a long time ago that apm doesnt really mean that much :/
-.- APM shows ur overall potential and if u have a 200 apm there is no way you can suck it hard, cause you can only spam for so long

Nuada

Smash Cadet
Agreed, I wanted to point this out earlier, but I didn't want to sound rude ^_^

-.- APM shows ur overall potential and if u have a 200 apm there is no way you can suck it hard, cause you can only spam for so long
Negative. On my old team one of the best players (A- / A PGT) Had a maximum average apm of 130. You can't measure skill based on apm, it's a strategy game. Yes there are technical aspects to it, but c'mon, it's not SSBM. You can spam all game long, really.

--

I'll be on to play Thursday night and the following nights, today and tomorrow I have finals that I need to study for so no gaming for me :(

Jazriel

Smash Ace
Hey guys, I'm getting into SC.

I play Zerg, US East account: Jazriel
I'm absolutely terrible :p Still trying to work on beating the computer consecutively, right now it's about 50/50. Feel free to add me and stuff, I wouldn't mind learning more about SC since I've always wanted to play an RTS seriously and I think I'm hooked on SC2 already.

I only play serious maps, none of this fastest bs. I'd like someone to play with me vs comps so I can learn to play better and stuff.

Nuada

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, I'm getting into SC.

I play Zerg, US East account: Jazriel
I'm absolutely terrible :p Still trying to work on beating the computer consecutively, right now it's about 50/50. Feel free to add me and stuff, I wouldn't mind learning more about SC since I've always wanted to play an RTS seriously and I think I'm hooked on SC2 already.

I only play serious maps, none of this fastest bs. I'd like someone to play with me vs comps so I can learn to play better and stuff.
Step 1: Stop playing computers. I'd say it's only OK to play with comps until you understand how the game works / what units do.

Step 2: Go here: http://www.teamliquid.net/

Step 3: Read forums (Right now you should probably focus on build orders mostly, read some strategies too though)

Step 4: Watch replays or VOD's of good players. Try to find things you just read about so you can see it in action

Step 5: Play public "noob" games and try to use the things you just learned (on battle.net or start playing on http://www.iccup.com/)

Step 6: Post replays here or on teamliquid and ask for advice.

Jazriel

Smash Ace
Step 1: Stop playing computers. I'd say it's only OK to play with comps until you understand how the game works / what units do.

Step 2: Go here: http://www.teamliquid.net/

Step 3: Read forums (Right now you should probably focus on build orders mostly, read some strategies too though)

Step 4: Watch replays or VOD's of good players. Try to find things you just read about so you can see it in action

Step 5: Play public "noob" games and try to use the things you just learned (on battle.net or start playing on http://www.iccup.com/)

Step 6: Post replays here or on teamliquid and ask for advice.
That's exactly the kind of information I need, thanks.

The teamliquid forums aren't really organized, is there a particular section I should look at? Or just read through everything in the BW section?

What's a VOD? Right now, YouTube -> Klazart is my SC media ^_^

There are almost no non-fastest games on US East. I've usually had to refresh the list for about 10-20 minutes to see something adequate.

Top Bottom