• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Starcraft Discussion

unknownPresence

Smash Ace
thats true, but i forget the plyrs name, but his nickname was the robot bc he did everything by the book. Bisu is similiar to that and a solid plyr to me is entertaining, not FBH pelvin thrust entertaining, but M2K entertaining.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I think one of my favorite matches in the last couple years was Stork vs GGplay's match that went to an hour and twenty minutes.

I couldn't fathom staying on point for that long.

pockyD

Smash Legend
I think one of my favorite matches in the last couple years was Stork vs GGplay's match that went to an hour and twenty minutes.

I couldn't fathom staying on point for that long.
the one on andromeda?

I remember actually staying up and watching it live :laugh:

at some point I nodded off, woke up an hour later, and was very very confused that the same game was still going

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
That was really good as well, and yeah @ Pocky.

Just have to love that he starts off going Corsair/Reaver.. Switches to CARRIERS against Zerg, gets countered by Devourers?! and wins with MASS archons rofl.

MyCurse4Life

Smash Ace
I used to played. tried competitively, but APM is too low. For any of you guys who don't know what apm is (im assuming all of you guys). Its actions per minute, basically tech skill in ssbm terms haha. Pros have an average of like 400 apm I believe, while some geniuses can win with just 200apm (mind games) haha

D

Deleted member

Lol... APM was mentioned in the fifth post in this thread...

Anyway... I don't have Starcraft (yet) but I may buy it since it's cheap now. I'm really looking forward to Starcraft II. It looks pretty cool.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
think im gonna get back into sc since brawl is boring and melee is the reason i quit...

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
lol

any1 know of any good games going on right now, that i can look up on gomtv or teamliquid
I watch more starcraf than 99.99% of the caucasian population, get at me.

GOM classic is done, but they're doing a $10,000 playoff or something between the season one winner (
Jaedong
) and the season two winner (
Bisu
) this saturday night at like 4AM East Coast time. Should be an epic Bo5. The MSL bracket has begun round 1 and the OSL is finishing up their pool dealies.

If you want specific recent games, um, hit me up on AIM (WWRDude) tomorrow or something and let me know what sort of games you're in the mood to watch. The Shinhan Winner's league has been making for some really exciting proleaague matches since one player can catch fire and just smoke the other team.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
mms://216.121.92.137/ognHQ

Type that into VLC or WMP to watch KTF play live against Estro

Hyvaa was on FIRE

and Flash also looked really solid.

nvm that just ended

mms://216.121.92.137/mbc

Ace vs WEmade, also live

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
mogwai, im off work today, when will you will be around? i wanna hit you up on aim and talk about some reps/SC. i just bought a mouse today. bwahah

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
mogwai, im off work today, when will you will be around? i wanna hit you up on aim and talk about some reps/SC. i just bought a mouse today. bwahah
I camp boards and AIM all dai at work so just hit me up whenever. My projects right now are boring and low on attention span requirement :p

Aww if Plank is back now I have to get a mouse. Screw you guys :( lol
YES! all it took was Plank showing interest in the game again to finally accomplish what I've been trying to make happen forever. Also I would've bought you a mouse for your bdai if you weren't such a huge meanie who likes to infract me for homoerotic posts.

Pocky, I miss the old you @ craft, get good again plz.

pockyD

Smash Legend
in case anyone's wondering, mogwai ***** me twice in 20 mins yesterday

then i got 9pooled by the computer and lost

i think i need to find time to practice again, lol

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
lol has anybody ever played against 7 computers at once? It's....insane.

I cannot describe how many units flood into my base and destroy my base in seconds....

unknownPresence

Smash Ace
mogwai, thnx ill get u on aim eventually.

lemon ive done it on fast maps XD

and idk, we had this argument b4 about what to play on, but i play bnet west. im not the good but if any1 plays bnet west im TheSamurai.HeaT

unknownPresence

Smash Ace
haha aplha, if i told u some of my aka's, ud probly curse me out of this thread.

i have many accounts under various clans. HeaT just happens to be the one i am curently in, due to my old clan dying out and my friends were in this, but w/e i understand where ur coming from.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Today I figured out the best timing for a 2fac vs an FE vs toss. Pretty much FD timing, except you actually double! NO WAY lol. It's pretty easy to keep your tank alive, because you bring a long 4 rines, 2 scvs, and a vulture, not to mention you have two facs rallied to the opponent pumping vultures. And if you're not confident in keeping your tank alive vs 3 goons and a zlot, you can build another tank, but I find it won't be as effective, because 1 tank and 3 vults + remaining rines kills the expo, and can get probes in the main depending on how well you do it. An AI pylon could ruin this, but I think it's unexpecting because it's so fast.

unknownPresence

Smash Ace
it could work, i think it depends on the tank micro most bc if thats gone, its over even if you get another tank up, bc a cannon or 2 should be up at the expo, and by the time the second tank comes toss's economy advantage will start to show as the toss pumps units.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Dude... A cannon that early? Impossible. Also goon range will not be done, so tanks outrange the goons, so it's really easy to micro.

Top Bottom