• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Starcraft Discussion

unknownPresence

Smash Ace
haha, ya mogwai ur location is funny + FBH = LAWLZ.

anyway ya, as far as starcraft discussion goes we shouldnt rlly go into original just bc of how messed up it was. BW was kind of messed up as well until the patches came out and are still being put out. I think a new one came out just this month.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
So I finally started playing again. I am actually better than before I think. I've been watching reps of pros, and really learning the game, so my knowledge of builds has grown ten fold. Watching reps is truly THE best way to get better. Just thought I'd let everyone know.

aeghrur

Smash Champion
I can't get onto Bnet or Maplestory servers so... >_>
I doubt I can get onto hamachi. Maybe I should try though...
Anyways, my starcraft info isn't valid right now as I can't get on. >_>

:093:

unknownPresence

Smash Ace
bnet is good unless u have bad connection
hamachi is for idiots who think the latency is twice as good as bnets or dont have a cd key and refuse to buy a copy (or copy one from the back of a box)

Cynan Machae

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CynanMachae
Yea BNet si fine with CL + LatChanger. But nothing wrong with hamachi, it's pretty good too.

And Mogwai I'll try to play you on Icc if I catch you there (I'm CynanMachae)

pockyD

Smash Legend
if you're getting all that latency stuff, you may as well get hamachi; using it is much more straightforward than using b.net... no attaching weird things to your game name, meeting in a channel here, then a game there, hoping everyone has the same version, etc... just run hamachi, then run starcraft

if you AREN'T getting the latency "fixes", then yes, b.net's latency issues are pretty noticeable, and you're probably a pretty mediocre player if you aren't affected by it

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
ok, cool. I have 2 accounts, (MrSparkle and Mogwai), so I'll just friend you and keep an eye out for you signing on.

EDIT:

RE: Battlenet
I didn't use any latency fixing **** last time I played on BNet and my mutalisks were completely useless due to the lag :(

unknownPresence

Smash Ace
wtf, hamachi lags i dont care what any1 says, if some1 has bad latency thr are going to lag whether its bnet hamachi iccup or fish bnet.

plus bnet u can join random games, hamachi is know about a game and enter it, no random ppl.

pockyD

Smash Legend
wtf, hamachi lags i dont care what any1 says, if some1 has bad latency thr are going to lag whether its bnet hamachi iccup or fish bnet.
You don't seem to understand the difference between choppiness (game's skipping, drop player screen comes up) and regular input lag (you click a unit, and it takes half a second to respond instead of like a tenth of a second)

The first is present everywhere. The second is largely controlled by the game server.

Have you ever "Set the network to extra high latency?" Latency = lag... that is to say, when you set it to extra high latency, you're artificially increasing the time it takes for your units to respond (you do this on b.net to reduce the choppiness lag, which is much more important when you're playing just for fun, with no interest in doing anything competitive)

Having super low latency is critical in competitive play, because being even a tiny bit late on something can cost you everything

Ever play brawl online, or on an HDTV? running into random fsmashes because you couldn't defend in time? Same concept

plus bnet u can join random games, hamachi is know about a game and enter it, no random ppl.
the whole discussion here was about how you can play people on smashboards, so I don't see how that's relevant.

Plus, if you want to play 'good' random people, iccup is where it's at

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Anyone wanna do a comp stomp with me? I'm not that good. :-/

unknownPresence

Smash Ace
the discussion over hamachi wasnt about setting up games with ppl an smashboards, it was brought up as a way to play with some1. some1 said lets play on bnet, the person replied hamachi is bttr, hence that is viable to bring up in the argument about hamachi.

Top Bottom