• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Starcraft Discussion

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
Got any hardcore UMS map playas in here? Has anyone played Heaven's Last Stand/Defense? It's a siege type UMS with extremely good balance and awesomeness (depending on the version).

PraKirJaq

Smash Journeyman
Just started playing; barely get the game (lose consistently to cpus if I don't rush D;)

Any tips aside from learn BOs and general mechanics? =D

unknownPresence

Smash Ace
lordofthemorning, former ums person, thats a pretty good ums, some Defence ums's and others i would prefer tho.

prakirjaq, other than that work on practice on improving ur apm

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
what's the point of comp stomping =\

caring about your bnet record is sooooooooooooooooo 1999
It's just fun for me. I like working with a friend to win against a common enemy instead of being pounded by someone.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
lol, maybe if u keep playing ppl who are bttr than u ull learn more and instead of getting ez victories ull learn and eventually be the person pounding ppl.
I can't focus on becoming proficient in every game I play. I play several games competitively, but others I just don't have time to. I do try to improve in Starcraft, but I don't care to focus on becoming a winner. I just enjoy playing the game at my level.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
But SC is the only video game that takes a respectable amount of skill =(.
I'll probably give Starcraft 2 a go (at going competitive), but my brain just doesn't do well in RTS settings. RTS games are way fun for me, but I just struggle at improving.

unknownPresence

Smash Ace
i understand that bc i am competitive in a lot of games as well, what other games do u play competitively.
bc sc2 will prob take a lot of time especially if ur not that great with rts style of play.

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
One thing's for sure. SC2's gonna have EPIC scenario editing capacity.

Is it gonna feel like WarCraft3? That wouldn't be so bad, but I find SC's feel vastly superior.

I'm not much of a competitive RTS player either:(. I'm too clumsy with a mouse.

They should put Fenix into SSB4 *runs off to check MYM.*

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Starcraft's editor superior?

You can do everything in the Warcraft 3 editor you can in the starcraft editor and more.

The Starcraft map editor is going to be similar to the Warcraft 3, but with major improvements.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Did Warcraft 3 feature a complete trigger system?

*doesn't own WC3*

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Did Warcraft 3 feature a complete trigger system?

*doesn't own WC3*
Yeah, though I don't remember what you could do with Starcraft's trigger editor, Warcraft 3's allows a lot of customization in it.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
i don't know about wc3, but most modern map-making in starcraft is done in a 3rd party editor
Because Blizzard was stupid and tried to lock up "overly advanced" features from the general public. Blizzard has since changed its position on this. Somewhere (I wish I saved the link), it was stated that SC2 will feature a fully functional editor with no features locked away from the players.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Because Blizzard was stupid and tried to lock up "overly advanced" features from the general public. Blizzard has since changed its position on this. Somewhere (I wish I saved the link), it was stated that SC2 will feature a fully functional editor with no features locked away from the players.
Just like Warcraft 3

They are using a modified version of the Warcraft 3 editor.

E.G.G.M.A.N.

Smash Journeyman
They were probably just afraid that some of the less knowledgeable people would have trouble using it if they made it too complicated (possibly one of the reasons brawl's stage builder is so bare bones, since it is aimed primarily towards children, who would be rather ignorant about setting map triggers and such).

FrenchToasts

Smash Journeyman
gom tv season 2 just finished not too long ago but the final match with bisu and jangbi was sick.. you should watch it guys and girls and it will be the funnest PvP match you ever seen.. not your typical boring *** fast expand and macro builds with reaver drops.. go watch it = ] gg

http://www.gomtv.net/

unknownPresence

Smash Ace
samsh, well i bet if i saw u play i would lol. jk hopefully ull get sc2 as well

and the editor rlly isnt that special unless ur a UMS maker. all the pro maps are made specially by ppl who are told what to do.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
yea, cause seeing non-stop DT gayness is not boring :p.

Jangbi blew game 3 so hard. Why would you engage your opponent's army when they have a bunch of psi storms and you have essentially none and you just took out his main nexus and you could've taken out that expansion with just a control group of zealots? -_-

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Yeah. Game 3 was jangbi's easily. All he had to do was maintain his harassment at a constant level, and defend his main + expo w/ a cpl of reavers and units. Then he would've outmassed bisu in the end, and ultimately win the game.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Top Bottom