• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Starcraft Discussion

Alphicans

Smash Hero
It's because bisu is the biggest ****** in SC possible. Like... He's not even good at the game -_-. He's probably had sex with a DT or at the very least masturbated to the very though of one. The man(woman) is a total douche. I am terran and I hate protoss, and bisu takes protoss to the next tier of "gay".

And that's my rant on bisu

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
people should watch KTF vs. Samsung in the Shinhan Winner's League. Spoiler Alert: it was basically Luxury vs. Samsung Khan , it was d@mn impressive. I mean, dude ripped through Jangbi, Great, Stork, and FBH all in a row.

EDIT:
FBH's celebrations take humanity to the next tier of "gay".

And that's my rant on FBH
fbh is amazing, GO SIG!

his celebrations are made of 100% manliness and just shout, "SHOW ME YOUR MOVES!" across all language barriers.

unknownPresence

Smash Ace
haha captain falcon reference, thats going to be hard to counter.

**** alpha for 1 i would luv to have sex with a DT, making luv to some1 i cant c makes it even more epic, and it seems like ur a little biased with the protoss terran thing, u rooted for flash (great player dont get me wrong) but ur argument is hes toss and hes not that good. Hes about to win 2 major titles and even if he doesnt win this one he has i believe MSL(correct me if im wrong) and the finals of this is pretty good.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, there is a (Though reasonably doubt-able) rumor that Starcraft II may start Beta in March

If that's true, the game should be out in around October or so, assuming everything goes right.

Besides that, has anyone voted on the model for Dark Templar?

PrepareYourself

Smash Ace
Well, there is a (Though reasonably doubt-able) rumor that Starcraft II may start Beta in March

If that's true, the game should be out in around October or so, assuming everything goes right.

Besides that, has anyone voted on the model for Dark Templar?
I get the feeling Starcraft II will be Brood War's Brawl. (Brawl = Easier to learn. Melee = Worse graphics, faster gameplay)

And sorry for the noob question, but has anybody heard of the "hybrid" race? I thought I had.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The Hybrid's aren't really a race. They might appear as Starcraft's "Naga" race; in single player only, not selectable by player. They might simply be a single type of enemy.

The Hybrids are a fusion created by Duran that mixes together Protoss and Zerg to create a hybrid that's suppose to be more powerful than both "Purity of Form, with Purity of Essence" or something like that.

There has been no information about them released for Starcraft II.

If you look at the video's of Starcraft II, it looks pretty fast pased to me, check out the Battle report on the Starcraft II website.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
If you look at the video's of Starcraft II, it looks pretty fast pased to me, check out the Battle report on the Starcraft II website.
ok, so I have seen the battle report, and I gotta say I was disappointed with it and honestly, I don't really know exactly what I had against it, but it didn't look like it had the starcraft feel to it. I dunno, this video made me disinterested in SC2, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7k3ZM6bQx4&feature=related, but I may have just bought into other people's gripes.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Honestly, people are fooling themselves if they think Starcraft 2 is going to be the perfect sequel to Starcraft.

It isn't going to be as "perfect" or revolutionary as Starcraft was/is.

Warcraft 3 was great but it was no where near as awesome as Starcraft.

I like the storyline and the game is going to be fun and competitive, but to hope that it is will be strictly better than Starcraft is an easy way to get disappointed.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Honestly, people are fooling themselves if they think Starcraft 2 is going to be the perfect sequel to Starcraft.

I like the storyline and the game is going to be fun and competitive, but to hope that it is will be strictly better than Starcraft is an easy way to get disappointed.
Well, the thing is that Warcraft 3 wasn't trying to be the traditionally perfect RTS that Starcraft was. It took a very different route and ended up with a very intentionally distinct feel to it. Starcraft 2 doesn't look like it's trying to be something other than a sequel to Starcraft, in which case, we, as the fans of Starcraft, have every right to hold it under a microscope and expect the most from it as a sequel.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
That video itself is of the early Alpha version of Starcraft and was purposely distorting the images of starcraft II anyway to spread the creator's propaganda. EVERYTHING in it is zoomed in until you can't tell what it is you are looking at.

Eh, most of the problems in that have been solved.

I see no problem with auto-mining, it just cuts off a small amount of time when you first build the unit. It's not like the SCV will automatically choose at any time what you need and harvest it. You still have to control the SCV for any action you want to perform after it's initially built.

pockyD

Smash Legend
i have no issues with automining or group-selecting buildings... that's not the type of stuff that makes or breaks games (pointless technical barriers)

there's no real way to know how it will turn out though, so i personally am not bothering to 'keep up' with SC2 developments at all

Alphicans

Smash Hero

Well Idk about that. I have VERY high hopes for sc2. Blizzard is a different company than nintendo, that hardly ever dissapoints (exception = WC3). Diablo2 trumped diablo 1 and brood war trumped the original, so what makes you think SC2 won't trump brood war? Also, blizzard is very involved with the competitive SC scene and constantly has pros test it for them, which I think I've stated before. If sc2 does not excel sc I will be surprised.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Well Idk about that. I have VERY high hopes for sc2. Blizzard is a different company than nintendo, that hardly ever dissapoints (exception = WC3). Diablo2 trumped diablo 1 and brood war trumped the original, so what makes you think SC2 won't trump brood war? Also, blizzard is very involved with the competitive SC scene and constantly has pros test it for them, which I think I've stated before. If sc2 does not excel sc I will be surprised.
Why would you be disappointed with WC3? I mean, the way you're analyzing the other games... WC3 > WC2 = WC3 was a success. I personally liked WC3.

PrepareYourself

Smash Ace
Vi sitter här i venten och spelar lite DotA
å pushar på å smeker,
med motståndet vi leker.
Vi sitter här i venten och spelar lite DotA
å springer runt å creepar,
och motståndet vi sleepar.

I've never played DotA, so that's usually the first thing that comes to mind

PrepareYourself

Smash Ace
Alright then.

hi ima noob at sarcraft how do i play ofeensive protoss widout gettin sneeked

I'm asking this seriously.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Could you rewrite that please? Are you asking how to be offensive? Or are you asking how to play an offensive protoss?

PrepareYourself

Smash Ace
Alright, I'll rewrite.

Hello. I am a newbie to Starcraft and have taken up Protoss. I try to play offensive, but with the game economy, it's hard for me to create units while simultaneously creating defenses. Often I am counterattacked and owned because of my sucky defense. What should I do? Slowly amass units while creating cannons?

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Depends what you're playing. If you're playing fastest then it's pretty standard to get cannons at front then get a second nexus ASAP. I've seen people do double nexus in the back, but I feel it's not necessary until later on. With 2 nexus constantly making probes you can mass up gateways and just pump out the goons, get some reaver drops going, and go for the eventual win. On low money maps just remember this "never stop making probes." Cannons are only needed vs zerg, and rare situations vs another protoss. Again, what I'd suggest for you is to go to either vilegaming for fastest help or teamliquid for low money help. There is only so much I can say without writing a full blown essay.

unknownPresence

Smash Ace
aplha, fast map is just as situational as slow, u hav to take in the kind of game 1v1, 2v2, 3v3? as well as who ur opponents race is. As you said we can write essays on game strats, but it comes down to BO and micro in fast, and u determine what ur BO will be (BO is build order btw) after uve done some scouting.

Also you guys are forgetting ITS BLIZZARD... this is what i feel, sc when it came out was extremely unbalanced original and BW, but blizzard kept modding it until it became what it is today, however i also feel that sc2 is straying away from sc and becoming more like other RTS's. Ive seen some things that are reminiscent of c&c and some other old school rts's. the hope i have for sc is it doesnt lose its root that made it sc and not "that rts."

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
mmm... I'm thinking of getting this game... Is it worth it? By that I mean, does it stack up to, say, command and conquer? Not only that, but is it like it? Ya know, with one resource and all that.

I keep hearing so much good things about this game.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Just think of this game as the best thing in the world. It's probably the most complex, action packed and over all most manly game there is. I can't say enough good things about it. I am not sure how it stacks up to C&C because I've never played it, but it's nothing like it (I've seen vids). So yeah it's worth it lol.

E.G.G.M.A.N.

Smash Journeyman
Alright, I'll rewrite.

Hello. I am a newbie to Starcraft and have taken up Protoss. I try to play offensive, but with the game economy, it's hard for me to create units while simultaneously creating defenses. Often I am counterattacked and owned because of my sucky defense. What should I do? Slowly amass units while creating cannons?
You should post your build order or something. That would help.

PrepareYourself

Smash Ace
You should post your build order or something. That would help.
Meh. I don't really play SC anymore, but I'll try :ohwell: No pylons included. This is my usual build order on Fastest

Probes
Gateway
Forge
Cannons
Gateway
Another Forge
Cybernetics Core
Gateway
Gateway
Cannons
Citadel of Adun

This is usually how far I get before I die.
If I'm lucky:

Stargate
Stargate
Templar Archives
Fleet Beacon
Stargate
Gateway
Gateway
Robotics Facility

Death :mad:

unknownPresence

Smash Ace
hmm, this is my opinion but i alrdy c a problem. You sohuld build a second gateway b4 building cannons also, after ur core and more gates, more cannons rlly arent neccesary unless the ones b4 ahve been destroyed even then ur bttr off building a lot of units bc cannos sometimes freeze during fast games.

also if u can list when u build ur gateway and forge while saying how many probes u have as well as the pylons.

Cynan Machae

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CynanMachae
mmm... I'm thinking of getting this game... Is it worth it? By that I mean, does it stack up to, say, command and conquer? Not only that, but is it like it? Ya know, with one resource and all that.

I keep hearing so much good things about this game.
Yea, get it. Anyone who likes RTSes will tell you that SC is the best RTS, be it regarding balance, enjoyement, pace, competitiveness, multi/single player.

And two ressources, not only one. I've played only a bit of C&C so I can't say much about it.

pockyD

Smash Legend
strategy in "fastest" doesn't matter... not because of the resources, but because the only people who play them are stupid scrubs, and as such, you can do whatever you want and it'll probably work

i have won fastest games going mass sunken/spore colonies + queens

seriously, do whatever you want, and if YOU are actually good, you can crush them with no problem

edit: oh, and starcraft is FAR better than any of the C&C games... at a competitive level, anyway. for casual drunken fun, SC might be too action-intensive

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Don't be so ready to bash fastest. It's legit. Public games are filled with scrubs and noobs, but vilegaming is filled with really good people. You'd be surprised how good they can be. I am willing to be the best would be around B+ level or even A-.

Cynan Machae

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CynanMachae
Dude, B+/A- level is quite high for foreigners... so for fastest players... no :p I agree that there is some good SC players even on fastest, but it's a very small minority.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Just like there is a very small minority of good low money players. Mayb not A- but B+ and B for sure. Top players are definitely gosu.

PrepareYourself

Smash Ace
strategy in "fastest" doesn't matter... not because of the resources, but because the only people who play them are stupid scrubs, and as such, you can do whatever you want and it'll probably work

i have won fastest games going mass sunken/spore colonies + queens

seriously, do whatever you want, and if YOU are actually good, you can crush them with no problem

edit: oh, and starcraft is FAR better than any of the C&C games... at a competitive level, anyway. for casual drunken fun, SC might be too action-intensive
The thing is, it wouldn't be inaccurate to say that I'm one of those scrubs >.<

pockyD

Smash Legend
Don't be so ready to bash fastest. It's legit. Public games are filled with scrubs and noobs, but vilegaming is filled with really good people. You'd be surprised how good they can be. I am willing to be the best would be around B+ level or even A-.
I don't know what vilegaming is

Anyways, coming up with "strategy" and attempting to improve in fastest maps is like working hard on improving your game with items on hyrule

Any smasher SHOULD be able to beat randoms simply by applying more standard strategies, and there is no context where such a thing would happen competitively, so there's no reason to assume people are on equal footing with you if you've already moved past the basics of the game

Top Bottom