• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Starcraft Discussion

unknownPresence

Smash Ace
i luv FBH's style of play, not only is it effective, its entertaining.

However I dont approve of the more than needed showboating. Thats one of the reasons why i luv much, i hav always liked him, but that heart made him a beast.

pockyD

Smash Legend
you don't like the showboating, but you love much because of his showboating?

please, fbh is awesome in every way possible. except vs protoss.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Why is it disrespectful? He's happy he won, athletes in sports always celebrate when they score a goal. Look at soccer, whenever someone scores they run around, pull up their shirt, and fall on the ground shouting. Most pros, when they win, just sit there and show no emotion... To me THAT'S disrespectful, because it's disrespecting they joy of winning, and being wayyyy too modest.

unknownPresence

Smash Ace
Thats true, but fbh is the terrel owens of starcraft, funny but disrespectful.

Also which pros dont show emotion, most matches ic the player who wins always shows an expression of relief or happiness, to me a post-victory is like that of tennis, happy to win, but focused on the task at hand-winning the next match. Like flash he has to worry about playing bisu in the next round XD. (dont worry i know its the other way around, but bisu will prevail).

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Bisu's worst m/u is PvT, and flash's builds are sooooo much better. Not only that, Bisu's macro isn't that good, Flash's on the other hand is godly. TvP is a macro game, so GL Bisu.

Stahls

Smash Rookie
Yayyy Starcraft discussion! SC is my favorite game although I kinda suck

Does anyone on here play on iccup? I'm only a D terran although I managed to get up to D+ for a few matches before losing it.

FBH is the man. His ceremonies are not disrespectful, except when he threw the food at Go.go during the proleague finals, but go.go is a BM player anyway so who cares. I think it's refreshing to see someone who's not afraid to show a little emotion, win or lose (remember when he cried?)

As far as Flash v. Bisu, I think that although Bisu's PvT is his weakest, it's still **** strong. I mean, he's probably the best in the business right now after that MSL win for a reason. I love Flash, so I'll root for him, but do not count Bisu out. Flash has been playing pretty well lately, but nowhere near how he was playing between like January and May.

unknownPresence

Smash Ace
I was a C- minus player on iccup (when i had time to play :( ), but i was a B in 2v2 though.

and idk, some pros think fbh is too much, Im surprised none of you find it disrespectful, funny or not.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
fbh is awesome hahahah. it's a nice break from the rest of the sc pros who have poker faces on the WHOLE TIME, despite loss or victory. it's extremely rare for them to show any emotion

i'm rooting for stork on averatec intel classic :D

Alphicans

Smash Hero
It's not even that disrespectful. He has the right to be happy, and can display his relief in any way he wants. If the loser wants to be sore about it, then that's their problem, not his.

unknownPresence

Smash Ace
1. build orders dont decide the match, if it did i forget his name but i believe his nickname was the robot because his build orders were always by the book (Im probably wrong I'll look up the name later).

2.not disrespectful? i have a question have you ever seen pure pwnage, if not ill respond differently, but this is a pretty good comparison.

3. pocly cant argue with u thr it is entertaining.

4. alpha goliath not good enuff, got to switch to a ghost.

peeup

Smash Lord
Hey... I've been playing starcraft (along with warcraft... which is my favorite of the two) but I've never been too good. Does anybody have any tips for a noob? I prefer Terran over zerg and prot, but zerg is fun too.

PS: I skipped from page one to this page so I just want to know... was an SWF SC clan ever made?

Alphicans

Smash Hero
No clan was made that I am aware of. Tips? Depends what you wanna play :\. SC is too complex to explain to a total noob. Well not impossible to explain, but it's hard and would take a long time, more than one post, because you'd have to learn small things at a time, so learning "tips" would take a few months. Just go to teamliquid.net and learn some build orders, and the basics of SC.

peeup

Smash Lord
Alright, then let me ask you a specific question that I have... it might be easier to answer a small question rather than explain entire strategies.

On the map Lost Temple, I like to barricade myself by blocking the ramp leading to my base with supply depots, a barracks, a few bunkers/missle silos/and siege tanks. This works well enough against computers, but would it work against humans?

Also, just a random afterthought... how useful are science vessels aside from being detectors? They seem fun to toy around with, but not entirely helpful.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Ok well for the wall in, don't make a bunker or a turret. Just two supply depots and a barracks, then get a factory then expand to your natural expansion.

Science vessels are supremely useful when vsing zerg. Also vs protoss against arbiters. I'd still suggest going to teamliquid.net if you're serious about getting better.

unknownPresence

Smash Ace
HAHAHA, stork lost and bisu won, i told you bisu will win.

and peeup ya alphas right, no turret//bunker plus fac to expo.
hes also right about vessels they are a neccesity against zerg and toss late gmae.

and for working agaisnt humans, just play games ull improve ur overall game as well as ur build orders

peeup

Smash Lord
tyvm guys, I'll definitely check out teamliquid. Also, (I did this to learn how to play brawl better) who are some expert players that I should know about (aside from stork and bisu... whoever they are)? ty for all the help.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
For terran? Umm, the main ones are Flash, Mind, Hwasin, Firebathero, maybe boxer although his stuff is very old school, Fantasy. There are some pretty good euro players like raven for example. Any replays on gosugamers.net will probably help you no matter what. I wouldn't suggest watching VODz for watching players, because you can't see everything and you can't see their resource count or supply count, so downloading replays and transferring them directly to your replays folder in SC is what I would advise. Make sure when watching players you pay attention to building placement, supply count and resource levels. You will notice very significant things at first, but it may be hard to catch on to the minor things.

unknownPresence

Smash Ace
firebathero, although i love his style of play, its very aggressive and proxies arent that good against toss if done anything short of perfectly.

and im different from aplha, i would recommend old school players like boxer, nada, july, rock, grrr, garimoto, and iloveoov. although they are hard to imitate, but they are very useful for learning.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!!! How did Bisu win???? How were you right? How could this happen? Flash :(!
Were you watching those games? I love Flash and he played marvelously, but Bisu is a fcuking monster. I was sceptical about him being the best player in the world going into that set, but I'm a believer now. Still gonna root against him, but I gotta respect how godd@mn nasty he is.

tyvm guys, I'll definitely check out teamliquid. Also, (I did this to learn how to play brawl better) who are some expert players that I should know about (aside from stork and bisu... whoever they are)? ty for all the help.
Iris/berserker is also good to watch and I'm a big fan of Lomo's playstyle when he's playing well (which doesn't seem to be too often recently). ForGG/NeVer from a few months ago is also worth watching. (In addition to the ones already listed. Frankly, for learning how to play tight standard Terran play, Mind is probably the guy to watch.)

Also, Sci Vessels can become useful in TvT if both players tech to BCs at the same time, though the way the matchup is being played over the past couple months, that doesn't seem to be happening much anymore.

unknownPresence

Smash Ace
lol diddyknight, had to throw that in thr.

i miss seeing pros go bc, it was so fun to watch them get destroyed or be destoryed, you get crazy either way. draco did a good job with carriers for a while, but you dont get the same feel as bc's

Top Bottom