• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Starcraft 2 (Info on first post!)

rhan

Smash Hero
Idk if this has been posted already but.

[image removed.]

FAI8L makes me hate this site so much.

rhan

Smash Hero
i know. I had just started matching vs masters players too :(
That how I feel. I'm starting to win game against Diamond level players and I beat a Master league player Toss in a Obs game so I'm pretty confident in my abilities of actually getting promoted but the lock just discourages that.

Edit: Lol Obama can do anything.

smash superstar

Smash Ace
^ sup travis. I didnt know that was ur SWF account. You play sc2?
Hey dooode!

Yeah, I dont use it very much, but I figured it would be good to get some feedback from some actual SC2 Players. =D

I personally don't play. It looks like a blast, but I know I would get destroyed. LOL if anything I would love to at least go through the campaign sometime.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Its a really fun game, the campaign is pretty cool too. If you beat the campaign you are ready for multiplayer or at least understand the game enough to watch VODs and stuff

_Dice

Smash Ace
That how I feel. I'm starting to win game against Diamond level players and I beat a Master league player Toss in a Obs game so I'm pretty confident in my abilities of actually getting promoted but the lock just discourages that.

Edit: Lol Obama can do anything.
your MMR still increases during season lock, and your league is based on MMR. but your rank will remain unchanged. playing and winning now increases your chance of being placed higher and getting to masters quickly.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Im abusing the increased MMR period. My goal is masters; if i get my MMR high enough now i can get into masters after my first game next season!

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I'm not entirely sure why the season lock exists, considering your MMR still changes, is preserved across seasons, and will be measured in the next season as well. Either way, the risk of getting promoted or demoted is still very real, just.... delayed.

LAW2222

Smash Journeyman
hey guys i just started playing sc about a month ago but i watch a lot of vods and i love it so far. Right now i use zerg but im considering switching to protoss(they are just cooler) and i was wondering what are some really standard builds to use so i can try them out more

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Ive found forge first builds are the best vs zerg.

pvp either 4 gate or 3 gate

pvt zealot stalker first. 1 gate expand works vs every macro build t does, but if they build 2 rax you die. Generally i gate robo gate or 3 gate expo vs terran unless i spot gasless expo in which case i stall the 2nd gas and build a nexus after stalker

Nashun

Smash Ace
I'm fairly certain 2rax is holdable with 1gate FE.

Edit: yup, just checked. high masters laddered against a t who 2raxed, went 1gate fe in response. was able to hold while losing 6 probes and maybe half my army. he lost almost his whole army and about 4 scvs. he saw the fe pretty early so he wasn't surprised by it. toss can't get greedy and pretty much has to match scv numbers exactly with his probes, chronoing his gates only. when the attack comes, he has to match scv numbers in the attack with his probes and get good positioning. too many stalkers can kill you, i only had 1 when the attack came.

terran can come out economically ahead or even-ish by feinting the pressure when toss is chronoing gates, and just expand himself. mules will let him catch up and toss doesn't have as many probes as he should.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
^ can i see that replay? I would really love to learn to hold that. I have held it before with good micro and probes but i didnt know that was reliable.

rhan

Smash Hero
Feedback the Ghosts.
Obs.
Colossi.

Btw after watching Nashun's replay.
I came to a conclusion.

That that Terran player.
Wasn't good.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Worst thing about this MLG is that there is no downtime... meaning i cant find a hole to slip down to the cafeteria to eat breakfast!

edit- nashun, that isnt even the scary 2 rax push. Once you have a couple sentries and zealots you can pretty much hold anything. The hard one is when they push right as concussive shells finish and all you have is 1 sentry, 1 stalker and 1 zealot. If you lose the stalker you might as well GG there.

edit2- like the 2 marauder 1 marine push that thestc did in MLG pools to hongun who was 1 gate expanding. Hongun lost the nexus and soon after the game.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
that could be interpreted as "wow i didn't think MKP was gonna win" (implying that he pull it out in the end) or "yeah i didn't think MKP was gonna win" (implying you predicted the result)

LAW2222

Smash Journeyman
wow sase is incredibly good. I've never even heard of him before this tournament
also marineking is awesome even though i wanted Idra to win

Top Bottom