• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Starcraft 2 (Info on first post!)

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
So I'm back to playing this game more consistently again!

I haven't played my placement match for Season 4 but I'm guessing I'm around Gold-Plat level (placed plat in S2 or S3).

I only briefly skimmed this thread but so If you guys could update me on some of the smashboards stuff. Looks like you guys have a smashboards channel?

I'm going to be checking TL and the SC2 Wiki to see basic builds again to see whats changed. I've still been watching SC2 decently just haven't had much chance to play.

Has there been any crazy new SC2 website for builds or anything like that?

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
not a whole lot has changed early game, mostly the mid and late games that have developed quite a bit. TL is still ur best bet, i dont think theres any other site really. Personally, i've just started to use Statcraft.net alongside sc2gears for analyzing my own games.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Cool,

I've played some games the past 2 days with a friend who wanted to start playing again as well (He's better but not by much so it's great). I'm rather surprised at how well I remembered some of this stuff.

I definitely lost some control and experience, but I didn't lose my ability to hotkey or queen inject (ie I still make standard w/e my skill level is mistakes, but it's not worse than before). I definitely lost my scouting sense in terms of knowing what builds typically come from early 2 gas or w/e. But hopefully I can get all this stuff back relatively quickly.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Cool, good to hear you're getting back into the swing of things :D

I believe tonight is another free play night, do you wanna play a few practice games or maybe some 2s/3s?

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
D:

Heh, sorry didn't read the boards when I got him. Just send me an aim message next time (I leave it on) and if I'm home and near the comp I'll respond. You definitely could of played some games with me and a friend.

I'll probably be playing again tonight, but I'm helping a friend move after work so I don't know when I'll be home.

rhan

Smash Hero
He didn't scout you at all.. lol

Just sayin.
You kinda just talked **** on him the entire time. Even though you knew what you were talking about. Wp on the drop play.

Allied

Smash Master
thanks rhan, i'm aware he didnt scout like i said it was kinda a all in harassment attempt where he basically needed to kill 10 or more scvs or he was gonna be far behind.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Hey guys whats up? Anyone wanna play SC today? If theres a terran around, i really want to practice this build before 5pm (CSL match)

rhan

Smash Hero
EVen though I read the description. Another thing of Starcraft is the ability to adapt to environment (aka map). You could always just place your rax in a better spot. Then wall off later cuz big maps allow Zerg to FE easy. Scouting helps. If you scout a 1 base and the Zerg already has the pool around 13 expect banes or roach. Not much of an expo at that point. But 90% of the time Zerg takes that FE.

Allied

Smash Master
EVen though I read the description. Another thing of Starcraft is the ability to adapt to environment (aka map). You could always just place your rax in a better spot. Then wall off later cuz big maps allow Zerg to FE easy. Scouting helps. If you scout a 1 base and the Zerg already has the pool around 13 expect banes or roach. Not much of an expo at that point. But 90% of the time Zerg takes that FE.
Its awkward, and a terrible ramp imo. My biggest gripe is just not being able to have an add on comfortably on that map. Its not so much adapting to the map as in like whenever i would get that map i would 1 rax expand (easiest and super easy to hold off attacks on that map) its just that i'm almost forced into doing it is what bugs me.

I had a masters zerg player tell me a while ago when i lost to him on that map that whenever he sees hellion play he immediately gets early roaches because of how annoying it is to hold it off especially with how constrictive the base is.

Same thing goes for TvT - Tank Marine Banshee pushes are KILLER on that map, same as Marine tank medivac ladder into your base because you can't move around much.

I mean i dont care now it was a tribute to all the past maps that i hated so much as every race, orginal blog here

http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=283662#4

Allied

Smash Master
naniwa is so good, loving everything on the streams so far

if i had any money left from moving i'd buy a pro account for mlg to watch the streams without ads

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I wish naniwa won, but whatever. I've been a leenock fan since the open seasons, glad to see hes finally having the success he deserves!

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
MLG Providence was cool, got a mousepad signed by Idra, met Violet and a bunch of other players. I was really disappointed in how Idra went out
spammed warp prism sentries to block hatchery both games, early ggs vs Leenock though he did probably have those lost, they just ended so fast :( silly zvz

But it was pretty cool to see, most of the games were really good, Naniwa had a great run and I'm happy to see Leenock win.

Top Bottom