• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Starcraft 2 (Info on first post!)

rhan

Smash Hero
PTR has been fun so far. Terran's so slow on everything now.

Edit:

Sentries aren't tier 1.5. Needing a cybernetics core doesn't make sentries "tier 1.5". That implies they're harder to get to than tier 1. They aren't. You are invincible until you are able to get them anyways. -_-;;
Seriously what..? Sentries require a Gateway and a Cy core. The tier for SC is based on how much it takes to get them. It's not hard to make a Cy core but it's an extra step.
_______
T1, T2, T3
Refers to which tier (1, 2, or 3) is needed to unlock a given unit on a race's tech tree.

Terran - T1 = Barracks, T2 = Factory, T3 = Starport
Zerg - T1 = Spawning Pool, T2 = Lair, T3 = Hive
Protoss - T1 = Gateway, T2 = Stargate/Robotics Facility/Twilight Council, T3 = Templar Archives/Dark Shrine/Fleet Beacon/Robotics Bay

For example, a Hellion is T2 because it requires the Factory to create. Sometimes people will refer to a half-tier, such as "T1.5". This means a unit requires more tech than one tier but not as much tech as the next tier. For example, a Baneling requires a Baneling Nest which requires a Spawning Pool, so a Baneling is T1.5 because it requires more tech than a Spawning Pool but not as much tech as a Lair.

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Definitions
_______

Straight from Liquidpedia.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Sentries aren't tier 1.5. Needing a cybernetics core doesn't make sentries "tier 1.5". That implies they're harder to get to than tier 1. They aren't. You are invincible until you are able to get them anyways. -_-;;
No, sentries are tier 1.5. Regardless of how early you can get them, they still require extra tech to get to. Zealots are the only true tier 1 units for Protoss.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'm well aware what the tiers mean. What I'm saying is it doesn't matter what tier you put them in; sentries come out just as early as toss' tier 1 units. Any unit comp you make to deal with zealots also will deal with sentries and stalkers.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Wouldn't Zealots come out way earlier for costing 100 less gas anyway? Like MC's silly 3 Zealot rush before Warp Gates thing against IdrA that one time lol.

The only difference being that Protoss players normally make a lot more Sentries if expanding, and Stalkers if going for some 1-base aggression.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
I'm well aware what the tiers mean. What I'm saying is it doesn't matter what tier you put them in; sentries come out just as early as toss' tier 1 units. Any unit comp you make to deal with zealots also will deal with sentries and stalkers.
Please show me a game in which you can get a sentry before a zealot.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
There's a big difference in getting a sentry before a zealot and being able to get a sentry before a zealot. I could get a ghost before a marine, does that make ghosts tier one?

rhan

Smash Hero
Does anyone know any good opening to use against Toss? I've only been losing to them recently and whenever a Zerg does some kind of Infestor play. But my main focus is on Protoss because it just seems like they overpower everything mid/late game. I want some kind of opening that at least puts me in a fair advantage when it comes to that situation.

ss118

Smash Master
Why do Christians only 6-pool?
It's the best strategy when you believe in only one overlord.

How did we know Jesus plays Terran?
He can support 5000 off of one base.

ss118

Smash Master
You just made my physics class disappear.

I would have assumed that Zergs would naturally have more unspent resources considering that late-game they are limited by gas and larva compared to the other races. Regardless, fantastic read.

Limeee

Smash Champion
Dead thread is dead.

Anyone wanna tutor me in playing terran?
I'm in gold league and all I really do is 3rax :/

Char. Code: 948
:009:

Top Bottom