• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Starcraft 2 (Info on first post!)

DFEAR

Smash Hero
name: DFEAR
code: 842

new to sc2, quit smash for sc2 srsly, went to 3 tournies offline and entered 1 online teamliquid tourney

heavy zerg player, would love to play with fellow smashers cuz in my mind, smasher intellectual mentality> everyone else. i dont 6pool, etc etc etc cliche intros

WHOS DOWN TO TRAIN, and if there is a tourney on here how/where do i sign up

btw OP tldr lol

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
****, I knew I forgot something.

Play it before Sunday, guys.

Signups for the next one until Sunday.
Same rules.
Map pool:
Crossfire SE
Terminus RE
Metalopolis
Typhon Peaks
Xel'Naga Caverns
Crevasse
Dual Sight
Xel'Naga Fortress
Tal'Darim Altar

As always, name and code, race, and map vote. The two most voted maps will be removed from the final pool.

rhan

Smash Hero
So I was in a obs game and I witnessed a TvZ where the Terran walled off Zerg's ramp at the bottom with 2 bunkers and reinforced it with Marines.

imba?

yay or nay?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Pretty old. Either watch your ramp and don't let SCVs sit there or go pool first so you can chase them away with lings.

If Terran gets away with it, though, Zerg most likely loses.

Nasty_Nate

Smash Lord
Nate you ***** I cant believe you banned dual sight

Thats the only new map i wanna play. It looks so cool!

NastyNate random typhon

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
dual sight is the 2 player map from the GSL where half the map is normal and green and the other half is fire and stuff. Looks like a pretty solid map.

rhan

Smash Hero
Dual Sight is a pretty fair map. Plus it's so beautiful.. A lot of work was done there.

Fernandez

Smash Journeyman
I've been on a roll in about every match I've done so far. Actually got promoted twice today in 2v2's and 3v3's with a couple friends. Went from Gold to Upper Platinum in 2v2's and went from Platinum to 13 Diamond in 3v3's.

Though I know teams don't matter as much as 1's but I just found it surprising that promotions were just given out like that so easily.

Other related news:
http://www.sc2ranks.com/

Where did all the Latin America and China players come from?? I swear like a week ago Idra and all the other US/EU names were dominating the overall GM ranks.
wtf the number 1 guy from us got a 100% win rate 0.0, never heard of him, who does he play?

rhan

Smash Hero
Could be actual skill.

Could be map hacking.

It's suspicious though.

s/n: New patch is out today. *Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee*

_Dice

Smash Ace
Pillage is a hacker, it's known and been reported.

also you get put into grandmasters based on previous seasons record and MMR. meaning the man earned it before, and being 9-10 is still good in grandmasters. have a 50/50 win rate vs the top 200 is good.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
well when a terran cheeses u like that besides scouting the cheese and preventing it, then the only resourceful way you can ever possibly come back is a full attack at his natural with a nydus since all the terran really is doin is just containing you in until he feels like capitalizing, or you can use droplords to expand etc and etc etc. be creative zerggggg

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Actually, you pretty much have to be way better than the Terran to win if you let him get away with that bunker wall-in. Nydus is Lair tech, and costs tons of gas (200 for the network, 100 for a worm). Overlord drops are also Lair tech, and you usually want Overlord speed with that. Researching those two things is going to take forever, all while stuck on one base. Possibly your best bet is setting up creep tumors and placing Spine Crawlers to break down the bunkers, but even that will take a while, and Terran can easily salvage when the contain is no longer effective. This is why you don't want to let him get away with it.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
yea its basically a lost cause once he bunkers down. dunno why would anyone let that happen : [

rhan

Smash Hero
well when a terran cheeses u like that besides scouting the cheese and preventing it, then the only resourceful way you can ever possibly come back is a full attack at his natural with a nydus since all the terran really is doin is just containing you in until he feels like capitalizing, or you can use droplords to expand etc and etc etc. be creative zerggggg
It's actually the fact that it keeps the Zerg trapped/crippled while the Terran is pretty much free to tech, expand, etc without any worry.

Though I do see the weaknesses in it and how there's a small window for it if the Zerg foe is fast expanding due to the creep spread.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
I mean if the Terran does it early enough and his lings are inside his main isn't this tough to break? Having marines around the ramp hurt lings tryna break through the wall or attack the scv's.

Imma try this on a friend of mine using a 2 Rax FE.

:phone:

Zone

Smash Champion
Agreed with Nate, A Patrolling drone for the win. Also you should have a scouting drone out there somewhere you could always try and proxy hatch somewhere hidden while you spine crawler the bunkers if you let them block your ramp.

I promise it's not hard THAT hard to stop.

EDIT: sorry rhan I fell asleep you took too long :D. I usually go to bed around 8:30 p.m.

rhan

Smash Hero
Haha it's all good. If you're tryna play anytime between now - whenever. I can be on.

Just been going back and forth between obs'ing and playing 1's.

Ghosts are so much fun to use now that their easier to obtain. Vs Toss gives a great advantage if Moebius Reactor is upgraded. EMPs DT's/sheilds/etc. Plus The extra wait for Warp Gate gives another great advantage. Though it seems rather unfair. I think CS should be nerfed if Blizz keeps the warp gate tech at 160.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I think Stalkers should be stronger and Force Fields should be an ability to be researched from Cyber Core, instead of the significantly less common Hallucination, which would justify lowering Warp Gate research again; finally, Blizzard should introduce those Carrier units they keep talking about.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
fyi guys GSL is coming on super early tonight in order to do ALL the remaining up/down matches. Starts at 11pm central time.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I think Stalkers should be stronger and Force Fields should be an ability to be researched from Cyber Core, instead of the significantly less common Hallucination, which would justify lowering Warp Gate research again; finally, Blizzard should introduce those Carrier units they keep talking about.
Hallucination becomes much more powerful than forcefields pretty quickly when it comes to direct confrontations.

I have never understood why protoss don't just spam zealots against a fast expanding zerg and hallucinate a bunch more zealots and push in. o_O

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Put down a Spore Crawler, Hallucinations have zero targeting priority when you've got detection.

Hey, this works well with that new patch.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Put down a Spore Crawler, Hallucinations have zero targeting priority when you've got detection.

Hey, this works well with that new patch.
While that'd work, it's not really something a lot of Z would do against a 4 gate :B

_Dice

Smash Ace
Zerg should be getting an evolution chamber anyway against protoss, and the extra 75 minerals should be easily spent.

Top Bottom