• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Starcraft 2 (Info on first post!)

Overswarm

is laughing at you
antheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer

we need to play more i miss you especially in doubles no one else is good at doubles or wants to go kekekekekeke with me :(

Overswarm

is laughing at you
alllllll the time

but not today cuz I'm gonna be spending it with my lady

we are making a snowman.

M@v

Subarashii!
in speaking of kekeke, i 6 pooled someone in a 4v4 today, and i killed all his workers minus 1 or 2. He was raging the whole game about it.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
I'm 3-0 in placement atm. ****'s too easy, people need to learn to spend resources. Even on equal bases, I feel like I always have twice the army of the enemy :urg:
This is a huge problem for me as zerg, need to learn to balance between droning and army. Because unlike the other two races, if you make a small army early its much easier to be behind because you can't really do any pressure at all due to wall ins, so you have to pray they attack in that case. If they don't and they push 2 minutes later they can easily have a third to double the size of your army. I'm just bad at reacting in those cases sometimes.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
This is a huge problem for me as zerg, need to learn to balance between droning and army. Because unlike the other two races, if you make a small army early its much easier to be behind because you can't really do any pressure at all due to wall ins, so you have to pray they attack in that case. If they don't and they push 2 minutes later they can easily have a third to double the size of your army. I'm just bad at reacting in those cases sometimes.
Keep enough of an army to be a threat, and put a ling in front of their base or something. Inject larva and spend all larva on army when they move out. Otherwise, drone until you need no more drones. If you haven't heard from them in a bit, scout to check their army size and composotion. Repeeeeeat.

Zone

Smash Champion
Should repeatedly check on army size an
Keep a slightly smaller army than them then spam army when they move out. Make sure to use an overlord to check tech/possible hidden army in the back of the base. Anytime you expand you might want to consider to make a little bit more of an army people tend to attack right when you expand lol.

Don't save up resources to make an instant army that is minerals sitting there doing nothing for you. That's why you can't really sit there with
And do only reactionary army need to make a slightly slower regular army to match the opponents at size under a bit

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I've just been doing 14 gas -> pool with fast zergling speed. With my first batch of 6 speedlings, I just keep an eye on what's happening and take control of the map and either pump lings to pressure a fast natural or drone up and take my natural to get ahead on bases. It's been really elementary play thus far.

I mean, the whole point of zerg is that in peaceful times, you can spike your economy growth much faster than the other races, so if you can keep them scared and on one base with speedlings, you can take your natural, do a round of drones and end up considerably ahead on economy.

As everyone's saying, it's just about scouting and making sure that you're close enough to the opposing army that doing a round of unit production will allow you to defend should they choose to attack.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Yeah, placements are really easy if you have a good understanding of the mechanics already.

rhan

Smash Hero
Zone.. I can't wait to play you in SC2 and Melee when I go to A school...

I'll be on starting Thursday.

2's partner wants to rank up.

Zone

Smash Champion
Still.

I'm hype.

I just like meeting new people.
Likewise, we'll have good fun when you get here. You should occasionally ride down with me to south fl tourneys

Might be a different rhan but...

Didn't you go to nomnomnom3 or w/e. I think you were there in la no?? If so I was there.

rhan

Smash Hero
Definitely wasn't me. lol

Might have been another smasher named "Rhan Cole" on these boards.

Stole my name. >_>

Though I originated it because it IS apart of my real name. <_<

But it's whatevs. haha.

You should definitely play me tomorrow bro!

M@v

Subarashii!
Man last night was pretty pitiful. I was in a 1v1 party with obs and not one terran was victorious over a toss player all night, minus one match. Man we suckkkk. T_T

Of course I would of won if Nash would of let me take a 3rd base instead of roflstomping it every time I tried to take it :p.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Mav, 111 (into Banshees) is not the strongest opening in TvT, just a relatively safe one that opens up your entire tech tree as quickly as possible. People who are not great at scouting would easily fall to early 2rax pressure into a marine/tank timing push because they're running on 2rax and a factory pumping full army while you're devoting all your resources to getting that Starport up ASAP while your only other production structures are a Barracks and a Factory that probably don't have add-ons because you were saving gas to get your tech up faster.

The reason I have a "tankless TvT" build is precisely because of people trying to be cute with tech and then just falling to a 2x army of infantry when they've only got two Tanks up and haven't secured their second yet. It works the same way for many other "fast tech" plays. Notice how the Protoss 4gate tends to punish a 111 relatively hard.

Someone who 111's into Vikings and Techlabbed the Rax for fast Stim research is going to completely negate your investment into an early Banshee. Walling off means you have less flexibility to defend those structures when they knock at your front door in siege mode. Overall you're just making a lot of decisions that give you an advantage against certain plays and almost certainly put you behind against others.

Ultimately TvT should be much more about watching your opponent's plays than picking an opening and autopiloting it into the midgame.

M@v

Subarashii!
The banshee is my personal spin on it. 1-1-1 can be used to do a ****ton of stuff early. You most certainly don't need to go banshees; i'm just extremely comfortable using them and use them in a lot of ways.

BTW that is indeed me that made that post. I've been in more TvTs than any other Mu by FAR since hitting diamond(and its getting really boring really fast). I made it moreso for the bnet forums because a lot of tvt questions were popping up, but I figured I might as well post it on TL as well.

The flowchart I made is pretty much all of the most common and/or effective openings I've encountered/used/watched.

Note how I said it isnt the best opening always(Short maps or close positions tend to favor early pushes), and I pretty much showed a lot of openings you can do.

If your doing heavy bio vs viking tank you need to have awesome positioning and scouting to pull it off.

Top Bottom