• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Starcraft 2 (Info on first post!)

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Not liking how it seems they're gonna be region locking the game. I'd like to be able to play on American servers as well, not stuck in the Oceanic servers, which concidering Starcraft's popularity means that 90% of matches will be with people who we don't share languages :/

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Mic, I have an extra bedroom for you to live out of. Start packin'.

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord

good luck playing for over an hour using 3D, lol.

Also, one of the links embedded in the article reminded me that Korea has two Starcraft II planes (raynor and SC2 logo across it).

F8AL

Banned via Warnings

good luck playing for over an hour using 3D, lol.

Also, one of the links embedded in the article reminded me that Korea has two Starcraft II planes (raynor and SC2 logo across it).
Well, most people won't be able to play it in 3D cause you need other stuff to do it. (i.e. Monitor, graphics card etc.)

Yup, Korea sure loves playing Starcraft. I think it's their national sport?

And don't worry, the beta will return/re-open at a later date because they're making new adjustments I believe.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I got the patch and a ton of map downloads, but no matches worked. T_T

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I doubt you'll even be able to play online tomorrow as everyone will be trying to authentic their copies via Battle.Net

:(

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I'm working, too.

Just gonna pick up the game at midnight tonight and install it. I'm working way too early tomorrow to even think of playing it to the wee hours of the morning.

Smooth Criminal

D

Deleted member

It's a disgustingly good game. Both beta phases were too short lived. Pre-ordered, can't wait to get back :)

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Did a 2v2 match, got dropped while taking ages to load at the start (found out after that **** antivirus was scanning) did another 2v2, stomped em :D

<3 bliz so much right now. Squeeeee!

M@v

Subarashii!
I was too lazy to get it tonight. I'm getting it tomorrow after a dentist appointment. Who wants some once I install it?

Im kinda hyped, but I dont have much time to play it until I go back to college.(Gotta focus on getting ready for apex + I have to get ready for college)

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
If you haven't got one yet, let me know and I'll PM you one.

shanus

Smash Hero
god working today is the most painful thing in the world. 1 week without beta = sadness, must resumeeeee and get back to diamond 1's!

mastermoo420

Smash Ace
I haven't played SC2 yet, but I imagine it to be a lot like what Brawl is to Melee. Controlling multiple buildings at one time? Really big unit groups? Taking out things that test your ability to macro is like taking out L-canceling. P: I mean, I ain't hating on SC2, but I believe my analogy is appropriate.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I haven't played SC2 yet, but I imagine it to be a lot like what Brawl is to Melee. Controlling multiple buildings at one time? Really big unit groups? Taking out things that test your ability to macro is like taking out L-canceling. P: I mean, I ain't hating on SC2, but I believe my analogy is appropriate.
Really really really bad comparison. You equate superior interface to dumbed down experience? Brawl failed because it removed depth and broke many great mechanics, not because the controls suddenly improved. In Starcraft 2, you can actually focus on strategy because you don't have to micromanage your workers, and you can pump out units en mass. The introduction of cliff-hopper units makes the game so intense all the time. What is wrong with controlling multiple buildings and selecting huge groups of units? You'd really rather go back to 12-unit limits and single building selections???

D

Deleted member

You're probs just sayin this cause you're broke in real life or something and can't afford SC2

Matt07

Smash Master
And my computer won't read the disc, says there's no disc (when there is), might not have the computer specs for this :(.

M@v

Subarashii!
So far I like it. They put a TON of the work into the campaign, so I'm definitely playing through it all.

Also, from what I've learned from 1 day of SC2:

Stalkers are ridiculously ****(All my matches minus 1 I won were from rushing stalkers and microing with them)

Void Rays are ****. I won that other match with these. They are so spammable.

Protoss are just **** in general.

The thor pilot is Arnold Schwarzenegger.

If the thor said "Get to the choppa!" whenever you load it on a medevac I'd cry tears of joy.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Stalkers really are the answer to everything. Blink is literally the most useful ability in the game.

Void Rays are epic but fragile. Don't listen to the whiners who claim that Void Rays are overpowered.

M@v

Subarashii!
They're not. Ive seen a ton of people spam them though. I took a group out with....what else....a group a stalkers.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
The official beta forums had nothing but threads complaining about Void Rays. It was endless. I would continually post the challenge: "OK, let's play. You go all Void Rays. I won't build a single one. I DARE YOU."

M@v

Subarashii!
Well I finished my placings matches. Went 3-2, and the 2 losses were team matches <___<.

And take a good guess what I did on my 3 wins. hints: My units talked about shadows. A lot. :)

Anyway, I got placed in the silver league, which upon doing research is the 4th in line.

Top Bottom