• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Tournament: Pokemon Stadium 2 Vs. PictoChat

Ryazan

Smash Ace
Dedede, GV is good but i listened to it too much and it is old now.
I understand that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I just have to say that this is the most god-awful reason for a vote that I have ever heard. You're basically saying that you would vote for GV, but you didn't because you listen to it alot?

TLMarth

Smash Ace
Dammitdammitdammitdammit!!!!!

I thought I would obviously choose Gerudo Valley because I thought DeDeDe's theme would be this wierd thingy, but then I discovered that 3D's theme was an old friend... :(
I'm sorry to betray TL, but I choose DeDeDe's theme.
Gerudo Valley is good, and I like it a lot, but next to Dedede it seems to lose so much energy...

EDIT: I think I posted in the wrong place. Don't count this post.

TLMarth

Smash Ace

I thought I would obviously choose Gerudo Valley because I thought DeDeDe's theme would be this wierd thingy, but then I discovered that 3D's theme was an old friend...
Gerudo Valley is good, and I like it a lot, but next to Dedede it seems to lose so much energy...
Count this post instead of my previous post. bleah. I know they're the same, but the other was in the wrong place.

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
I choose DeDeDe's theme.

Count this post instead of my previous post. bleah.
Please, next time, make it easier to the one who is counting the votes. It makes things easier.
At least this match-up seems to be interesting, will it stand to Bramble Blast? I would never have anticipated Gerudo Valley to make it this far, it's made a good run.

DDD: 41
GV: 42

(please, it makes things a whole lot easier)

Megamioflust

Smash Cadet

I thought I would obviously choose Gerudo Valley because I thought DeDeDe's theme would be this wierd thingy, but then I discovered that 3D's theme was an old friend...
Count this post instead of my previous post. bleah. I know they're the same, but the other was in the wrong place.
I hope I don't catch you in the TL forums. *shakes fist*

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion

Kiyosuki

Smash Journeyman
I'll give a vote to Dedede's theme. Gerudo's Valley is a great song, but it's in its original form in this game whereas Yoko Shimamura put together one of the best rearranges of an already poisonously catchy theme that I've heard in a while. It's definitely one of the best rearranges on the soundtrack, I wish Gerudo Valley and Green Hill Zone got some awesome arranges too but even then this is one of my favorite songs.

Frown

poekmon

Megamioflust

Smash Cadet

Kiyosuki

Smash Journeyman
Heh, I didn't know I was getting into some kinda desperate music war or something.

Well do what you will with whatever votes that were aquired including mine, it's your thread. But I still think fundamentally, even if I had visited this topic before, that DDD's theme as it is in this game deserves it more. If it were both the songs in their original forms, as catchy as DDD's song is Gerudo's obviously would win there, but this particular arrangement vs. a straight out port of Gerudo's Valley is a straight shot choice for me. Yoko even added a second chorus to it herself and kept the tempo and general feel of the original song intact rather than make some repetitive trash techno arrange of what was already there. It's a fantastic remix whether it wins this or not.

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
Can you or ANYONE give me one reason why GV shouldn't be here?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_bwHlDD9Nc Here's a refresh for you all.
Because it beat a better song coughbattlefieldv2cough

due to fanboys instead of the game's main music.
Oh, why didn't I take this into more consideration? Yes, fanboys have ruined a beloved thread. Tisk tisk...

It's official. Bramble Blast won fair and square, while these two should be invalid.

Megamioflust

Smash Cadet
Oh, why didn't I take this into more consideration? Yes, fanboys have ruined a beloved thread. Tisk tisk...

It's official. Bramble Blast won fair and square, while these two should be invalid.
What's there to do now? :laugh:

I didn't vote for Gerudo because I'm a fanboy, I'm a fan a music as well and gerudo sets the cake.

Neo M.J

Smash Apprentice
King dedede for me, its amazing andone of my fav themes off all time:bee:!

Top Bottom