• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Tournament: Pokemon Stadium 2 Vs. PictoChat

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
Though I haven't played PoR (which I'm still looking for, but my 3 local Gamestops don't carry it, or Melee), I have heard the soundtrack. I'm surprised other tracks weren't taken from PoR, and that one of the selected ones was Against the Black Knight. Ike's Theme is good, but when I listen to it, I can't listen through the entire song (mostly), for it doesn't catch enough of my attention. I also think WMDP should have the best on Castle Siege.

(Opening) Donkey Kong is a recreation of a classic tune that all DK fans/retro gamers should recognize. In my opinion, it rightfully deserved to be the best on 75m (Viper JLT4GOV, I'm not much of a medley fan, though there are one or two that I find very enjoyable to listen to, Donkey Kong isn't one of them).

Ike's Theme

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
blablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablabla
blablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablabla
blablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablabla

blablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablabla
blablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablabla
blablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablabla

Ike's Theme
:lol:

Just kidding.

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
There's good reasoning behind the explaination, believe it or not.
You people are insane.
You people are insane.
Some people have HORRIBLE taste in music around here!
Well, it's somewhat of a good thing that we're different, but some might have a bad taste of music.
What the ****?
O_O

EDIT:
Double O_O
These are so WTF anyway.
lolwut?

And what's with all the people putting "Power-Hungry Fool" as their least favorite anyway?
Agh, after seeing Powerhungry Fool lose by a landslide, I have lost what little faith I had in these boards.
WRONG! XD
Can I just say that I find this a bit ironic?
NO! NO! NO! NO! WHY? WHY WHY? WHY? HOW? HOW? HOW? HOW?

Sigh... You people stink.

wtf
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?
well at this point, 7 rings probably lost. not surprising, seeing some results for other stages that are just 'wtf?'

lol
Surprised how many people are voting in the opposite direction. Maybe I have the songs labeled wrong or something...
You kidding? Are you sure Sonic Boom won?
NOOOOOOOOOOO!! The Roost suffered the same fate as PHF. Such a pity.
WTF!!???? Sonic Boom!!?

Roost, the worst? You people have zero taste!

WTF?
And how did Roost get worst?
I realize this old, but I just checked the first page and WTF?
This isn't even a contest, now. >_>
Sometimes, you have to explain yourself to make sure others don't screw it up :p .

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Ike's Theme is the worse of the two

Not that it's bad, but Opening is my 2nd favorite song in the game! I love the DKC Title theme! Plus, it's a great retro remix of the opening theme, 25m theme, and hammer song! It's pretty awesome, and way better than the other two songs on 75m!

BTW, Ike's Theme is titled incorrectly, in Fire Emblem, it's called Eternal Bond (stupid translators)

half_silver28

Smash Ace
@tyfighter: lol ~ while I do understand why songs like 7 rings in hand, PHF & the roost are hated by some ppl, they are still idiots for hating songs for reasons such as:

'teh crush 40 version is sooooo much better!!!111eleven'

or 'it doesnt fit the stage'

or even 'omg I freaking h8 oliver, therefore I hate his themezz!!!!111'

& of course, some ppl on SWF simply have bad taste in music :ohwell:

Though I haven't played PoR (which I'm still looking for, but my 3 local Gamestops don't carry it, or Melee), I have heard the soundtrack. I'm surprised other tracks weren't taken from PoR, and that one of the selected ones was Against the Black Knight. Ike's Theme is good, but when I listen to it, I can't listen through the entire song (mostly), for it doesn't catch enough of my attention. I also think WMDP should have the best on Castle Siege.

(Opening) Donkey Kong is a recreation of a classic tune that all DK fans/retro gamers should recognize. In my opinion, it rightfully deserved to be the best on 75m (Viper JLT4GOV, I'm not much of a medley fan, though there are one or two that I find very enjoyable to listen to, Donkey Kong isn't one of them).

Ike's Theme
Ike's theme was tied w/ WMDP for best. & of course, someone w/ questionable taste in music was the one to break the tie ~

D

Deleted member

as am I; & I agree w/ tyfighter in this case ~ not that I think Ike's theme is bad, but WMDP is better in my opinion :dizzy:
Yeah i knoe, its just that i thought you were saying that whoever like Ike's theme for best as stage (such as me) had no taste, but i perfectly understand.

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
The reason for putting that was to support why I put a long explaination (as Dekuu was having a little fun with what I said). I was not trying to diss anyone who liked Ike's Theme more. But yes, we are all entitled to our opinions...
Ike's theme was tied w/ WMDP for best. & of course, someone w/ questionable taste in music was the one to break the tie ~
I believe Smashbot226 voted for Ike's Theme in the sudden death. He has good taste in music, but he always voted for Ike's Theme.

D

Deleted member

Well:

Eternal Bond/Ike's theme: 10
Dk opening: 4

And i wanted Ike's theme/Eternal Bond NOT to advance >.>. Well in the second round at least HOPEFULLY Ike's theme/Eternal Bond won't advance further than that

Off topic: YEAH!!! 500 posts!!!!!!!

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Obstacle Course.

Both good songs, but Obstacle Course is kind of annoying at times.

Though I can't believe this won over Porky's Theme or Snowman on New Pork City. 'Specially Snowman, I LOVE that song.

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
I don't find it too odd that Unfound Revenge/Smashing Song of Praise won. Porky's Theme overused, You Call This a Utopia? same with Porky's Theme, Snowman doesn't fit the stage, Humoresque of a Little Dog doesn't fit the stage. I don't know if it's just me, but I love listening to Mother 3 Love Theme. Sometimes, before challenging some friends on Wifi, I go into My Music, listen to a few tracks, and Mother 3 Love Theme is always one of them.

Obstacle Course

D

Deleted member

Obstacle Course. It's a good song, but Yoshi's Island should have won.

D

Deleted member

Unfound watchamacallit. I like Obstacle course.

I'm so sad that Ike's theme had to advance:(

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
I love Unfounded Revenge. It's just such a good song.

While Yoshi has never had the most inspiring of songs, in any game.

Obstacle Course

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I don't find it too odd that Unfound Revenge/Smashing Song of Praise won. Porky's Theme overused, You Call This a Utopia? same with Porky's Theme, Snowman doesn't fit the stage, Humoresque of a Little Dog doesn't fit the stage. I don't know if it's just me, but I love listening to Mother 3 Love Theme. Sometimes, before challenging some friends on Wifi, I go into My Music, listen to a few tracks, and Mother 3 Love Theme is always one of them.

Obstacle Course
But the song selection should be based on how good they are in general in this case -- and I think Porky's Theme is good, and Snowman is AWESOME. It's not really fitting (it's more fitting for an icy, snowy stage) for New Pork City but it's still a great song.

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
But the song selection should be based on how good they are in general in this case -- and I think Porky's Theme is good, and Snowman is AWESOME. It's not really fitting (it's more fitting for an icy, snowy stage) for New Pork City but it's still a great song.
Yes, some songs are awesome, I just think that Mother 3 Love Theme sticks out, for me at least.

BTW, we are voting for which of these songs are the worst (and which song will advance), so Da Man, you would be voting for Obstacle Course, since you don't want Unfound Revenge to advance.

Top Bottom